Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for being angry at my Gf's attitude towards my/our food?

I would do my damnedest to hammer an icepick into my brain if I could be sure the only thing it would take is "the principle of the thing."

Maybe some collateral damage too. I'd need a list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
boyfriend has a breakdown everytime i show any negative emotions

quote:

My(19F) boyfriend(19M) always has a breakdown if I show any kind of negative emotion. A couple of examples: Two days ago I was having trouble with a app, i tried sending him money, but it didnt work quite well.. I said "ah I hate this app so much, always causing problems" he started crying and saying he was sorry over and over. I told him it's not his fault, and that it's okay I just dislike this app... But he didnt stop. Today, all was okay. We were playing a game together, and he grabbed me causing me to lose. "What? Why did you grab me?" he said that two other players had left, so there was no point in trying, we werent going to win. "Ah, alright. I didnt see that" Just because I questioned him, he started saying sorry and crying.

I dont understand. It makes me feel like a horrible girlfriend. It makes me feel as if he is scared of me, but why? He acts as if i've treated him horribly and i'm raging. But thats not it at all. He gets like that over any little thing and it makes me so sad. It's even worse when I try my best to just move on and assure him its okay, but nothing works. I feel so useless, he says sorry and that he is very happy with me but that he also has emotions.

I dont know what to do. I feel terrible not being able to show even sadness to him, any little thing triggers him. Please how do I put a stop to this?? He makes me feel like an abusive partner, but why? I dont treat him bad. It makes me so sad. i want to be able to show when im sad or angry.

Oh, my God, I'm exhausted just reading this

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

Food boy has major food insecurity issues. He's throwing poo poo fits over a single egg, a single piece of bologna, and whatever the third dumb thing was. I can't imagine having to watch myself so carefully around him that taking a slice of bologna or dropping an egg is seen as wasteful and deserving of reprimand. What a nightmare. Wait until they have kids who are raiding the fridge and pantry constantly and leaving poo poo half-eaten.

One of my kids is a Logan and he's embraced the gently caress out of it. He wasn't named for Wolverine but he makes sure everyone knows that Wolverine's name is Logan. He dressed like him last Halloween. I can't wait until he's old enough to learn his name also means Old gently caress in Chinese; he already thinks it's the coolest name ever, so that'll just seal it for him.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
AITA (30f) for being upset at my family for giving me baby clothes for my birthday

quote:

So I just had a baby a few months ago and a lot of people have been really generous with buying us baby clothes. I asked my family to stop because we have more than enough clothes. We also get hand me downs but some family insist on buying brand new stuff for us because they don't want my baby wearing "just hand me downs".

So it was my birthday a week ago and a few family members got me birthday gifts. One family member gave me a huge fancy gift bag and inside was all baby stuff. Bibs, clothes and soothers all stuff I already have and don't need more of. I guess I look disappointed so she made a coment about how rude it was to not appricate a gift. Another family member sheepishly handed me another gift and it was another loving "I love my mom" type of onesie. I tried to act thankful but some family members could tell I was upset.

Several people have told me I was ungrateful and selfish and I should just appreciate what I've gotten but I'm so upset. I feel like no one cares about me just my daughter. When I told a friend about this they said I'm an rear end in a top hat for being jealous of my child and I should just appreciate all the nice things they got for my baby.

Am I the rear end in a top hat for not appreciating what I got. Am I honestly being jealous of my baby? I didn't want anything extravagant this year I would have been happy with something from the thrift store as long as was meant for me and not my child. I felt like some people used my birthday as an excuse to go baby shopping. I know everyone is excited for my baby and I love them more than anything but it's like everyone has forgotten about me.

Once a woman has a child, she has no identity other than Mommy.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA (30f) for being upset at my family for giving me baby clothes for my birthday

So this Mother's Day, don't get mom that bottle of perfume, get her something that says 'I'm not a woman anymore, I'm a mom!'. Mom Jeans.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for being honest with my daughter about "mature" topics?

Being a child means being ignorant of all kinds of poo poo. Knowing poo poo like menstruation, sex, consent, etc, is actually really loving important!

So don't tell your kids any of that until they're not kids anymore. 18/19 should do it.

Yeah my kid is asking me all sorts of difficult questions like "when did the Roman Empire fall" and "Why did WW1 start". I wish he would ask the easy ones about babies and stuff.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Cowslips Warren posted:

Do you think her husband only gets baby stuff for his birthday?

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Nebrilos posted:

Do you think her husband only gets baby stuff for his birthday?

Of course not. He's a man so he is able to be both a father and himself.

Next people might get this wild idea in their heads that a father has to help take care of the baby. He's not a mom so he shouldn't be expected to do that.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

limp_cheese posted:

Of course not. He's a man so he is able to be both a father and himself.

Next people might get this wild idea in their heads that a father has to help take care of the baby. He's not a mom so he shouldn't be expected to do that.

Any time he is FORCED to take care of his kid, he should be paid, because he is a babysitter, isn't he?

AITA for starting an onlyfans?

quote:

So I (17m) started an only fans a while ago,I basically just shave my legs,post pictures of my feet and then simply lie and say I’m a woman I even found a girl on instagram who’s pictures I steal for it (it’s nothing nsfw) and then post them once a month to ‘prove’ I’m a woman,I don’t make a whole heap of money off of it definitely not as much as some people but people (weirdos) do pay for it and I do make a fair amount of money which I put into the bank (I’m saving for a car and almost have it)

Well last week I told my friend about it and he said it was “kinda scummy to scam people like that” and he also said “I should be giving the girl a cut of the money” I’ve been thinking about that a lot so I’m wondering Reddit am I an rear end in a top hat for what I’ve been doing? Should I stop? Should I tell the girl what I’ve been doing with her pictures?

Going from "nice work, get the pervs to give you money" to "what the loving gently caress" in the space of a sentence.

AITA for not taking my brother’s kids on vacation with me even though I initially agreed?

quote:

I'll make this quick. I 38f have four kids (17, 15, 12, 10). We’re going on a two-part vacation. Disney World and White-Water Rafting.

My brother 44M, has a blended tribe of kids, or as I refer to them The Loud House pack (24,21, 20, 20, 17, 16, 14, 12, 9, 5, 3, 6 weeks). I think I got their ages right, but yeah. He’s been blowing me up about taking his children on vacation with me. Initially I agreed to the middle children 14, 12, 9. They ended up going to spend the summer with relatives.

Brother states that I can still take the youngest three, which includes the newborn. I told him not happening. Newborn is too young. The other two cries when they’re away from their parents after a few hours. That’s a disaster waiting to happen. This is a five-day trip.

He and SIL got upset saying that I don’t understand and that they need the break. I totally understand, but I’m not about to be inconvenienced because the pressure of parenthood is burdening them. Family has gotten involved, and some say I could even change my plans to include the youngest children to give my brother a break. I'm not and even if I did, I still wouldn't take them. They're entirely too young. My father backs me, but my mother says she’s split. Siblings are neutral. AITA?

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jul 31, 2022

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Fil5000 posted:

I was also confused about his shared "villa", "just outside London". Unless he's holidaying in the roman occupation we're not big on villas.

Yeah. And the part where she wouldn't stop using the drippini. It's just ridiculous.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Cowslips Warren posted:

Any time he is FORCED to take care of his kid, he should be paid, because he is a babysitter, isn't he?

Going from "nice work, get the pervs to give you money" to "what the loving gently caress" in the space of a sentence.

Even without stealing another person's pictures and passing them as your own, I don't think a minor should be doing that. I would think this was against the platform's policies, and if not, that's hosed up.

gay frog chemicals
May 27, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I mean aside from stealing the photos it's like whatever, but the fact that he even needs to ask whether or not it's okay to use a random girl's Instagram photos on his OF is straight up bizarre.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for not taking my brother’s kids on vacation with me even though I initially agreed?

jesus loving wept the Loud House must legit be flexing at the seams

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I think 12 kids is probably rare enough that it qualifies as at least a an indirect identifier.

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

teen witch posted:

Don’t make me implement the “teen witch has to pit cherries and derib kale so post content” rule

OK, I won't name my son Derib Kale.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

While looking for the OnlyFans one, I couldn't find it. But I did find this...

AITA for starting an onlyfans after my parents said I have to give them a majority of my income to them for savings?

quote:

I (18F) have been balancing 3 jobs for the last month or so, one at a restaurant, a food truck and own my own small business/side hustle. My parents said I wasn’t saving enough for college (even though they are paying the first two years of it) and it’s not expensive due to it being a community college. I have roughly $2,500 saved up, which isn’t bad but isn’t the best. I now have to give them 100% of every paychecks of my restaurant/ food industry and i can only keeps tips. Along with 75% of my side hustle pay. So I started an onlyfans to make more money. I know that they will flip when they find out. AITA??

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Quackles posted:

AITA for starting an onlyfans after my parents said I have to give them a majority of my income to them for savings?
Aww, she thinks any of that money is coming back. That’s cute. :sigh:

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Super healthy, super cheap

Cowslips Warren posted:

:catstare:

The newborn is what does it for me, honestly. Just - yeah, babies are exhausting! It sucks! But you can't just yeet your brand-new infant at a family member and go "Hey, look after them for a week!" with the exception of extreme circumstances.

"I need a break from these kids" is not extreme enough, you'd need someone to be in the hospital.

Twelve kids, though, what the hell. That's a modern-day Brady Bunch there.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Even without stealing another person's pictures and passing them as your own, I don't think a minor should be doing that. I would think this was against the platform's policies, and if not, that's hosed up.

It's absolutely against the platform's policies. You have to be a legal adult to create an account. The kid is flying way too close to the sun with this, and he needs to back off until he's at least an adult. And also not steal people's photos and pass them off as his, that's creepy.

Quackles posted:

Wtf. "You're not saving enough! So give us all your money and just trust that we're not spending it on you!"

Definitely not TA, especially when she's already working three jobs.

AmiYumi posted:

Aww, she thinks any of that money is coming back. That’s cute. :sigh:

I suspect she knows, deep down, it isn't going to come back and that's why she added the OF so that she's at least got one additional income stream that they aren't stealing.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Cowslips Warren posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpeoW2mvwp4

tinytort posted:

Have you ever seen the Brady Bunch?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Cowslips Warren posted:

Gunchicka found a new line of deception

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quackles posted:

literally just go sleep in your car for a few weeks lol. you'll be better off.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Was looking for comments on the loud house post, and apparently trying to dump your kids on someone else's family vacation is A Thing.

AITA for not taking SIL’s kids on vacation with us?

quote:

My husbands sister has two kids (10&12). We don’t see them Often because they live a few states away and their father has primary custody. My SIL has a habit of imposing on us, she’ll call us while she’s driving to our house and tell us she’ll be staying a week or two, so it wasn’t a huge surprise when she called my husband a couple days ago to say she was sending the kids to our house for 3 weeks once school lets out. Apparently there’s some drama at their dads house so he doesn’t want them exposed to it, but she rents a room so the kids can’t stay the night more than 1-2 nights a week.

The only problem is that one of the weeks she plans on sending them to us we’ll be on vacation at Universal. She said “great! They’ve never been, they’ll have so much fun!”. My husband explained that isn’t an invitation, he’s letting her know she needs to choose different weeks. She asked why the kids can’t just go with us and we explained we’re driving so there’s no room and our Airbnb has just enough beds for our family. She offered to drive them down herself and have them sleep on the couch. We said that could work and told her the cost of the tickets we bought were $380 each so if she sent us the money we would buy another two.

She asked why she would send us the money, and we explained these are her kids, she would need to pay for them to go. She said that was ridiculous, if we have the money for this trip then we’re obviously well off and can afford to pay for her kids too. We told her we saved for years for this trip, we have a strict budget and we cannot afford an extra $800. As it is we’d have to figure out how to add more to our budget for extra food, which we didn’t ask her to pay for. She called us selfish and said we’d get to explain to her kids why they didn’t get to go to Universal and their cousins did. My husband hung up on her and shortly after got a call from his brother saying pretty much the same. He said $800 won’t break us, but their sister would never be able to save that much. He’s not entirely wrong, we could put it on a credit card, but the whole reason it took so long to take this trip is because we are paying exclusively in cash, we just Got out of credit card debt a couple years ago and don’t want to go backwards for something that isn’t an emergency. We’ve given both his siblings money before for things like rent and car repairs, but this is different. Are we the assholes?

AITA for not wanting to take my brother on holiday with me?

quote:

First a little bit of backstory. My dad has always said when I’m old enough he thinks I should go to Italy and stay where he grew up, he even said he would show me around and stuff. My grandma lives there so we would stay with her. This has always been a solo plan- my brother would get his turn when he was old enough, if he wanted but he has never been as interested. Of course our plans for 2020 and 2021 were cancelled.

I am desperate to get out of the house, I have MAJOR cabin fever and due to health issues I have barely even been out of my house since December, not even for sports/work/school. Now that I’m feeling a bit better I’ve been planning to spend a week at Easter in Italy. It’s been one of the only things getting me through everything. This trip has been my dream for years.

The problem is my mom has decided I should take my brother (14m) with me. She doesn’t want to go with him during the summer but says he needs to see his grandmother. He’s also not old enough for her to let him go on his own. I don’t really want to be responsible for him, he’s capable of taking care of himself but of course if anything were to happen I would be responsible. And he doesn’t speak the language very well so I’d have to translate a lot I think, and I don’t know if I’d feel confident letting him go off on his own incase he can’t communicate with anyone. Here’s where I think I might be the rear end in a top hat though... I just want to do it myself. It’s kind of a mental thing maybe but it’s just something i want to be able to say I did on my own. And I just want to spend time at the beach or doing whatever without having to worry about anything. AITA for not wanting him to come with me?

I’m 17f btw

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Quackles posted:

I really hope the comments are people yelling at them to get away from those parents because they are absolutely stealing all the money

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

tinytort posted:

:catstare:

At least the Bradys didn't continue having kids after they merged their families. At minimum the youngest three of this bunch are probably theirs they decided to have together after they'd already brought a combined NINE children to the marriage. Good thing they're putting the blame for them being so overwhelmed with kids exactly where it belongs, on the OP for not taking those three youngest away for awhile.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Was looking for comments on the loud house post, and apparently trying to dump your kids on someone else's family vacation is A Thing.

AITA for not taking SIL’s kids on vacation with us?

AITA for not wanting to take my brother on holiday with me?

the absolute motherfucking nerve of some people

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Quackles posted:

You realize the entire point of the post was so the horny redditors of AITA will click on her profile and see all her onlyfans links right?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hughlander posted:

You realize the entire point of the post was so the horny redditors of AITA will click on her profile and see all her onlyfans links right?

Do you know this because you're one of those people?

(yeah, I know, low-hanging fruit)

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Hughlander posted:

You don't know what the point of her post was Hughlander

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

You don't know what the point of her post was Hughlander

since her entire post history is just advertising her onlyfans, i think it's pretty reasonable to assume that she was just advertising her onlyfans

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Have you ever seen the Brady Bunch?

All they need is one more kid to get a wacky reality TV show called "Bakers Dozen"

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Super healthy, super cheap

No? Beyond bits and pieces that have shown up in popular media, anyways. It wasn't even in reruns any more when I was growing up. I'm aware that it was a tv show about a blended family where each parent was bringing in a bunch of kids, which meant they went from "small family" to "holy gently caress, we need to buy in bulk now".

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

tinytort posted:

No? Beyond bits and pieces that have shown up in popular media, anyways. It wasn't even in reruns any more when I was growing up. I'm aware that it was a tv show about a blended family where each parent was bringing in a bunch of kids, which meant they went from "small family" to "holy gently caress, we need to buy in bulk now".

They had three kids each for a total of six.

My mum is one of six siblings and my dad was one of twelve. I have forty-odd first cousins and I cannot name all my aunts and uncles unless I really think hard. And we still somehow never dumped our kids on each other's goddamn family vacations.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I cannot imagine just the amount of loving noise getting dinner ready for 6 kids.

Of course by the time the oldest girl is like 5, she can start watching all the younger ones so after about 5-6 years you got built-in babysitting! :D

AITA for being disappointed with the birthday present my best friend got me

quote:

I've (19F) known my best friend (20F) for almost 4 years now and she has been my rock, my confidant, and my shoulder to cry on, but things kinda started to mellow out between us for a few months. Back in late April, she had invited me over to her house to spend time with her on her birthday, so I decided to spend a good amount of my paycheck to get her a nice gift. After realizing that her boyfriend had gotten her a nintendo switch as an early birthday present, I decided to get her a new game for her brand new switch. Not only that, but I also decided to go out and get her some copic markers, since she had voiced to me that her markers were drying out. Mind you, these markers are $8 a pop, and I ended up buying 4 for her. So along with a $60 game, I bought $32 worth of art markers for her. After adding a small $1 trinket into the mix, my gift was ready for her. Next day, I visit her and give her gift to her. She's ecstatic and happy and we end up playing her new game that I bought her for most of her birthday. It was fun! And I kinda has high hopes for my gift.

The following month, my birthday comes around and she told me that she bought my gift and that it'd be arriving soon, so I accept that and wait patiently for it. A week goes by, and nothing, so I decide to text her to see what's up with my gift. She tells me she's sorry and that it should be coming the following week, so I'm like "okay sound good". An entire week and a half passes by and complete radio silence. I text her again and she replies telling me that she forgot and it had been sitting on her desk for a few days without even telling me she had it. I'm a little pissed off, but I decide to let it slide since maybe it was a pretty big gift or something. She tells me not to worry and that she'll drop it off the tomorrow. Tomorrow rolls around and she drops it off while I'm at work, hinting to me that she left it in my mailbox. I'm extra excited and trying to come up with what it may be! I clock out, walk home and go straight to the mailbox. I open it to see a tiny little sack/bag sitting in there.

It's stickers.

After going inside, I open the bag and it's a bunch of stickers of my favorite movie franchise, but that's not the kicker: They were those bootleg 50 sticker sets from Etsy with 25 of them being from the franchise while the other 25 were just random bullshit that have nothing to do with the franchise. I haven't even used them yet, because frankly, I don't know what to use them for.

I love my friend to death, but I really dont like the gift she gave me, especially after all the money I spent on hers. I don't know what to do. I don't want to seem ungrateful, but I don't want to lie to myself.

TLDR; I spent over $100 on my best friend's birthday gifts only for my birthday present from her to be a 50 pack of bootleg stickers from Etsy.

Years ago I was promised a great birthday gift by a friend, so I had some high hopes. All I told her was no Finding Nemo poo poo; it was right after the movie came out, I worked in an aquarium and heard kids screaming about it all the time, and all I really wanted was something not that.

She got me a Finding Nemo birthday cake. And a T-shirt she had screenprinted herself, but the image was flaking off (she had a professional make her own shirts for her side business but this one was clearly done on some super low quality iron-on). Oh, and in order to get said shirt, she dropped me a half dozen "clues" in envelopes in a mini-scavenger hunt that led me around our work parking lot. In the middle of July, in Arizona. Needless to say I was not pleased with the entire thing.

edit: it was one of those ideas that probably sounded better in her head. Hey, Cowslips doesn't like this fish movie because of her job, so I'm going to get her that fish on a huge sheet cake because Irony! Also it's hot as gently caress, and she says she doesn't like scavenger hunts, so I'll make her see the error of her ways and appreciate them!

The shirt had some meme on it, I can't remember what.

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Aug 1, 2022

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Cowslips Warren posted:

Oh, and in order to get said shirt, she dropped me a half dozen "clues" in envelopes in a mini-scavenger hunt that led me around our work parking lot. In the middle of July, in Arizona. Needless to say I was not pleased with the entire thing.

Finding Nemo remake going in some weird directions

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for being disappointed with the birthday present my best friend got me

Years ago I was promised a great birthday gift by a friend, so I had some high hopes. All I told her was no Finding Nemo poo poo; it was right after the movie came out, I worked in an aquarium and heard kids screaming about it all the time, and all I really wanted was something not that.

She got me a Finding Nemo birthday cake. And a T-shirt she had screenprinted herself, but the image was flaking off (she had a professional make her own shirts for her side business but this one was clearly done on some super low quality iron-on). Oh, and in order to get said shirt, she dropped me a half dozen "clues" in envelopes in a mini-scavenger hunt that led me around our work parking lot. In the middle of July, in Arizona. Needless to say I was not pleased with the entire thing.

edit: it was one of those ideas that probably sounded better in her head. Hey, Cowslips doesn't like this fish movie because of her job, so I'm going to get her that fish on a huge sheet cake because Irony! Also it's hot as gently caress, and she says she doesn't like scavenger hunts, so I'll make her see the error of her ways and appreciate them!

The shirt had some meme on it, I can't remember what.

this is why i don't tell people when my birthday is

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Foo Diddley posted:

this is why i don't tell people when my birthday is

I removed mine from my Facebook bio so it didn't prompt friends to just click a "happy birthday" button. The people who still remembered it were exactly the folks I expected (not zero).

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Arsenic Lupin posted:

The guy who couldn't tolerate wasting food (I agree with the goon who said it sounded like childhood food insecurity) is also "shadow-banned" and the post has been deleted. WTF, are Reddit admins shadowbanning a vasty multitude?

Here's my theory: It's against the rules to create a new account to evade a subreddit ban. The subs we search in have a lot of creative writers, some of them easily spotted re-regs, and these accounts are getting nuked by the admins for ban evasion.

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Sunshine and Saffron don't seem that bad relative to the other choices, I guess.

Birdie really isn't that bad either. It's been making something of a comeback. It's more popular and "normal" than Saffron. https://www.thebump.com/b/birdie-baby-name

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

AITA for putting my boiled egg in the fridge to eat later, which my wife mistook for a raw egg, reboiled, and unhappily ate?

quote:

Title says it all: my wife made me a boiled egg a few days back. I put it in the fridge to eat as a snack later. I didn’t tell her I’d done so.

Yesterday she found it loose in the fridge. Thinking it was raw, she re-boiled it with the goal of making a yummy, jammy-centered egg. Instead, the egg was, unsurprisingly, over boiled and not very tasty.

Today, I opened the fridge to get and eat my egg — only to find that it was gone. I asked my wife where my egg was — at which point she discovered she’d taken and reboiled my egg.

According to my wife, I am the rear end in a top hat for — if I gather correctly — placing a decoy egg that ruined her jammy-egged aspirations yesterday and left her feeling like a crazy person.

Is she right? Am I the rear end in a top hat?

this one seems nice and low stakes... im wondering if maybe the boiled egg could just be wrapped in foil or whatever in the fridge next time? not much of a boiled egg fan myself tho

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Booky posted:

AITA for putting my boiled egg in the fridge to eat later, which my wife mistook for a raw egg, reboiled, and unhappily ate?

this one seems nice and low stakes... im wondering if maybe the boiled egg could just be wrapped in foil or whatever in the fridge next time? not much of a boiled egg fan myself tho

I laughed at that one, but it's pretty easy to tell a boiled egg from a raw one, and even easier to just give them a quick checkmark or something with a marker so there's no question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Booky posted:

The problems the British face seem enviable