Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Edmund Sparkler posted:

The thing that sucks about pre-shredded cheese though is that it often has a powder coating that makes it not melt right in sauces.

potato cellulose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Edmund Sparkler posted:

I was raised SDA and I'm pretty sure there's nothing about transplants being forbidden?

My mistake, I was remembering some articles about SDA extremists who killed their children because they refused medical treatment. Looks like the official doctrine is no euthanasia, and a focus on holistic medicine and skepticism of drugs (OP is an anesthesiologist).

Jehovah's Witnesses on the other hand refuse blood transfusions, so a liver transplant is likely impossible.

Christian Scientists are the other group that discourages medical intervention.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Solkanar512 posted:

She refused to answer in this thread claiming “it wasn’t relevant”, but in another thread she said, “I do liver transplants anesthesia. These are no joke.”

Kind of weird to say that you do anesthesia for a single type of organ transplant but maybe something got lost in translation. Either way, why would people treat you like poo poo for being a doctor?

Maybe it's the 'wake up in a bathtub full of ice' type of transplant.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Now for some posts on everyone's favorite game! With a bonus of Italians being offended about weird things.

AITA for beating somebody at Monopoly against someone who has roid rage?

quote:

This happened today, and I'm still trying to make sense of things.

My friends and I decided to play a game of Monopoly while I was at my friend's (let's call him Charles) house. My other friend (let's call him Devan) was there, too. It is well known among our group that Devan is an abuser of steroids, because he is uber competitive at sports.

While we were playing Monopoly, most other people were playing ridiculously poorly (not buying properties when they should, making stupid trades, etc). It was clear that the game was going to come down to me and Devan. When I went to the bathroom, Charles pulled me aside and told me that I had to throw the game because Devan gets really upset when he loses. I basically told him "big deal, it's just a game of Monopoly".

Things were coming down to the wire, but I was in good shape sporting a nice set of hotels on the green properties. Devan rolled and landed right on Pacific Avenue, which means the game was basically over. (He wasn't going to be bankrupt, but he'd have to sell off/mortgage everything). When we saw his roll, I said loudly "Uh oh... Spaghettios!"

Devan looked intently at the board. Then he stood up, picked up his chair, and threw it at the window. The window shattered into a million pieces. Devan said nothing and walked out of the house.

We were all stunned. After a minute, everybody started yelling at me, saying how it was all my fault because I knew that Devan easily gets roid rage. Charles was the most furious, because it was his window. He said that me saying "Uh oh... Spaghettios!" was the MOST offensive and hurtful things I could say, especially since Devan is 50% Italian, so it was clearly my fault that Devan got so mad.

I don't see how this is at all my fault. It's just a stupid game, and I was just being goofy. But am I wrong?

AITA for not going easy on an 9 year old durring monopoly?

quote:

I am 14f and currently in foster care (long story and not getting into here). The family I’m staying with is ok. They have two kids, a 5yr old and an 9 yr old.
The 9 year old is a bragger/boaster about everything but this story is about board games. He constantly brags about the fact that he can beat anybody at any game. I normally just roll my eyes because his mom has already told me that if I decided to play with him to just let him win to make everyone’s life easier.

I’m not one to do that so I was just like ok won’t play. He kept bugging me and saying he was gonna beat me and then I would owe him and stuff like that. Finally I told him that we would play.

I proceeded to beat him. It took about three hours but I did. He kept getting more frustrated because I wouldn’t let him do the trades his way (two hundred for three properties) and things like that.

After he lost he threw the game peices everywhere, including at me. I just wheeled away from the room and started to draw (I’m paralyzed and use a wheelchair).

His mom came and got him calmed down then gave him icecream. Once he was situated she then yelled at me for not letting him win because he’s just a kid and if he’d won he wouldn’t have thrown the fit. She then made me clean up the mess.

My uncle (who is trying to get custody of me…again long story) says that while the kid needs to learn that you don’t always win I shouldn’t be the one to teach him that and should have let him win to keep the peace.

AITA here? I just wanted to be able to draw in peace and thought this would get him off my back.

Flora Finching
Sep 10, 2009

I was guessing some kind of IT job. The issue she may be running into on dates is that certain men get all scrambly-brained when a woman makes more money than them.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Some weaponized gift vacation giving:

WIBTA for refusing to go on future family vacations

quote:

I (20f) am basically forced by my mother to go on family vacations with my step dad and 3 siblings (7f, 4f, 1m). Now let me mention the elephant in the room which is the age gap between me and my siblings. I have a different father who isn’t in my life and so I lived solely with my mother until recently when I moved out. I don’t like my step dad, he is very emotionally abusive to me and makes passive aggressive comments at me way too often. My 2 sisters get absolutely no discipline which makes them really difficult to be around (embarrassing in public too). They say really mean things to me which I know they’re kids but my step dad tends to encourage it while my mom ignores it. It’s just more stressful to go on vacation with my family and I would rather stay home. Here’s where I might be the rear end in a top hat. My mother tells me all the time how important family is. She knows that I struggle with my step dad but she’s trying to fix me and his bond. In reality she’s just telling me to “be nice” to him even though I could be doing absolutely nothing wrong and he would still be making comments towards me. I understand how important spending time with siblings is because of how fast they grow up but I really can’t stand being around them. My baby brother is adorable but I’m just not good with babies, I get a lot of anxiety when I’m helping with him because my step dad always has something to say and is very particular. As I get older it’s just becoming harder and more stressful to go on these family vacations. I know me not going on these vacations will be upsetting to my family so WIBTA if I stopped going?

Edit: I left out some key details, it is not only me in my family who struggles with this same thing. My aunt who is 8 years older then me also struggles with how manipulative my family can be. There’s a lot of behind the scene actions that are happening that cause this to be a difficult answer.

AITA For "cancelling" the family's trip?

quote:

My (F19) family has been planning a trip for this weekend. It was kind of a last minute plan that my parents started mentioning last week. It never got to something concret so I didn't even knew if it was gonna happen at all until today when I got home and they told me we would leave tomorrow morning. I told my parents that I couldn't leave tomorrow because I have class in the evening. I am paying for these classes so I don't want to miss them and waste my money, plus I'm starting getting trained at work tomorrow. My mom got angry and called me selfish and unreasonable. I told her that I was told we were gonna travel during the weekend and if I had been given more time I would have arranged to leave Friday free.

I'm feeling kinda guilty because my parents don't go out too much, and I don't want to ruin this for them. I know they think I'm always ruining family plans because I'm always busy. But at the same time, I don't know if it is reasonable of them to ask me a day before to throw everything away and go on a trip.

AITA?

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

I assumed her job would be something I'd be ashamed of, or something I'd treat someone like poo poo for. So, like, working for ice or raytheon or nypd or something.

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for yelling at my girlfriend for baking a dessert for a dinner party?

Quite a few redditors are telling on themselves in the comments of this one:

u/Logical_Challenge540, score +20 posted:

ESH.

Rosie could have listened your request - not because of your mother, but for you. Also, there are non-sweet stuff that can be baked.

Unless this happened before and OP is prone to requesting bunch of accommodations for his mother from his girlfriend, I am giving her part of fault. There is such thing as compromise and mature behavior, and at least from the description, all participants lack it.

u/the_kun, score +4 posted:

Why is everyone responding YTA ?!

ESH is more like it!
  • Your mom needs to chill but she's definitely not going to if you never talk it out with her about how she needs to respect your dating decisions.
  • Even if your girlfriend did the one thing you asked her not to do, its still not reason to yell at her. She is just doing the best she can and if you can't accept that then you should re-evaluate this relationship.
  • This relationship isn't gonna last because your girlfriend doesn't give a hoot about what your mom thinks of her.
Sorry to hear this situation but you should seriously re-evaluate this relationship because NO ONE (Mom, GF, YOU) seem to respect each other.

u/Rojaddit posted:

NTA

Rosie was being immature and going ahead and baking a dessert when she was asked to make literally anything but a dessert, is basically an adult tantrum. She can google a savory recipe and needs to get over herself.

Is your mom unreasonable, yes. But you and Rosie both knew that going into this situation, so it doesn't really enter into the equation. People are gonna lay into you for yelling - and maybe you could have been more gentle, but what Rosie did was the female equivalent of yelling - she passive-aggressively ate up time and resources while making it impossible for her to do what she was asked in the remaining time.

All that said, you guys could have problem-solved this. If you were gonna make something savory anyway, you could have just let Rosie make a dessert and told your mom you made the dessert and Rosie made the savory dish.

baking macarons is female yelling :biotruths:

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
macarons are uniquely difficult, if you have someone who can just pipe them after and hour and they're good you better eat those loving macarons, wtf

plus those are only really as sweet as their filling, she has the option to go mild there

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Wedding drama and a dose of FAFO. Straight into my veins please.

AITA for calling the cops at my cousins wedding

quote:

I 18f had an argument with my 25f over my grandmother's ring.

My grandmother had died 3 years back,we were really close and she was like a mother figure since my mom died giving birth to me, my grandma had been part of my life so when she died I was devastated. She had left me a ring that i wore everyday. It was a thin rose gold ring with marking and an small oval in the middle.

Recently my cousin had reached out to me asking if she could borrow the ring. Immediately said no.she kept persisting that I let her borrow the ring, when I kept saying no she got mad saying that i was going to ruin her wedding by not letting her have the ring.

She came to my apartment to ask for the ring I said that I wouldn't be giving her the ring. No matter what. I had to work earlier that day and since we weren't a allowed to have jewellery at. Work I left the ring home my cousins mom had an extra key for my apartment and broke in.

Later on when I had gotten back I saw my house scattered and the ring was gone. It was also the day of my cousin wedding so asked my neighbor to see his ring doorbell it was my cousin and her mom breaking with the extra key. I called the cops and told them everything I also told them the location if the wedding. I found out from my dad that the had come during the vows ,me and my friends thought it was funny cause the cops came during the vows and said I object. Many angry relatives and my cousins friend were mad and blasting my social media with hate messages. And calling me names my dad and others are my side

AITA for the calling the cops on my cousin?

Ps: My grandma hated my cousin

Thread titles maybe?

quote:

my friends thought it was funny cause the cops came during the vows and said I object

quote:

"Uh oh... Spaghettios!" was the MOST offensive and hurtful thing since Devan is 50% Italian

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Aug 5, 2022

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Lottery of Babylon posted:

I assumed her job would be something I'd be ashamed of, or something I'd treat someone like poo poo for. So, like, working for ice or raytheon or nypd or something.

Quite a few redditors are telling on themselves in the comments of this one:

r/relationships: baking macarons is the female equivalent of yelling

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Thread titles maybe?

I want to believe this one is real but any cop owning like this hurts my suspension of disbelief.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Now for some posts on everyone's favorite game! With a bonus of Italians being offended about weird things.

AITA for beating somebody at Monopoly against someone who has roid rage?

AITA for not going easy on an 9 year old durring monopoly?

https://youtu.be/GeJA2qL8jB4?t=125

AITA for my response when my MIL threatened to not show up to my wedding?

quote:

I'm a 33 year old doctor (pediatrician) and am getting married to my fiancee this Nov. I have a somewhat controlling MIL, and wedding planning has been an absolute nightmare so far.

Ok here's the situation > my fiancee doesn't have an income because of her medical situation but she'll go back to work later so therefor I'm financing the entire wedding. I've set a specific budget for the wedding and honeymoon and planned for everything date, guestes, food etc. MIL wanted things her way and made a fuss about everything since that's her only daughter.

I found out she and her husband found an venue they wanted us to have the wedding at but the problem is A* it's VERY expensive and B* it's several towns away. My family even said they'd have to drop out if I choose this venue so I told MIL I don't want it. She kept trying to convince me and made so much fuss about it to the point where she made it her hill to die on. I kept saying no to her and she kept insisting.

I got home from work on tuesday and found my Mil & Fil & couple of her relatives there....visiting when there was no one home. She started talking about it again while I was resting on the couch taking my socks off I said "Hold on, Who the gently caress starts a conversation like that?, I just sat down for Christ's sake let me catch my loving breath will you?" but that didn't stop her, she sternly said that her daughter deserves to have her wedding at that venue and I'm a doctor I can offord it and distance was just an excuse. She said she made reservation on phone and I had to pay for it within set time while pointing at me with her finger which I thought was rude and very, very disrespectful, followed by or else. I asked "or else" what? She said if I choose any other venue then she won't attend the wedding.

I didn't budge like she thought I would I just leaned forward and said "A'right, I guess the trash took itself out then?"

The entire house went silent, complete shut down. She stood up and called me disrespectful and pos to expect her to take my insults as Gospel!!! and argued that I was being a cheapskate but I replied that she was acting like a gold digger and that she needed to sit down and shut up and let me and my fiancee handle this or just go home.

She started crying then walked out and everyone followed. FIL was this close to spit in my face. My fiancee found out and said I disrespecred her mom and treated her like poo poo. I explained how unreasonable her mom was with her demands and total lack of consideration for me, my hard earned money, and family.

She said she was going to settle this with her without my intervention but honestly, it blew her mind how low I stooped with how I treated her mom. She wanted some time alone because she is thinking I might be someone else hiding behind a mask with how I behaved which hurt me to no end.

I think I messed up....I just think I should've waited for my fiancee to deal with it but I felt overwhelmed when she spoke to me like that.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

She's literally literally not even that guy's MIL.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I'm assuming we all jumped to OnlyFans or stripping, but there's a surprise turn here:

No clue why she would hide that though. Maybe the boyfriend is a Jehovah's Witness or 7th Day Adventist?

Everyone she mentions it to either tries to hit her up for a new liver or insists on showing her theirs?

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Thread titles maybe?

Definitely r/relationships: "Uh oh... Spaghettios!" was the MOST offensive"

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Some weaponized gift vacation giving:

WIBTA for refusing to go on future family vacations

Here's a simple solution:

Mum and Step-dad: Hey daughter, you're coming on a family vacation with us!

Daughter: lol no, gently caress off.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Pomme de Terror posted:

Definitely r/relationships: "Uh oh... Spaghettios!" was the MOST offensive"

The character limit is a tough one here, but Italian Americans being weird about food really takes it over the top.

Mr. Grapes!
Feb 12, 2007
Mr. who?

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

You realize you were working for a fascist, right? The anti-communist forces during the Greek civil war were in large part made up of the Nazi-sympathizing militias that formed up during WW2 that were later supported by the UK and US.

I never really interrogated the guy because I was a stoned pizza boy and he could get me fired, but he certainly was very keen on it being a Greek and not a dirty Italian pizza place because those loving Italians blew apart his left hand during a battle. He was missing a few fingers. So he was clearly fighting Mussolini's boys at some point. I dunno if hating commies makes you automatically a fascist.

Maybe I'm not Internet Enough, but I don't think him being a Stalinist or something would have made him a much cooler and morally correct dude during a complicated and turbulent war, but again, I was just a pizza boy.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ww2 era fascism is complicated because they weren't all automatically friends. Greece was ruled by a fascist dictator at the time but was invaded by the Italians, and they had a decent relationship with the allies. so they fought (foreign) fascists and also lots of anti communist stuff because they were part of the British hegemony and later the American one

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Mr. Grapes! posted:

I never really interrogated the guy because I was a stoned pizza boy and he could get me fired, but he certainly was very keen on it being a Greek and not a dirty Italian pizza place because those loving Italians blew apart his left hand during a battle. He was missing a few fingers. So he was clearly fighting Mussolini's boys at some point. I dunno if hating commies makes you automatically a fascist.

Maybe I'm not Internet Enough, but I don't think him being a Stalinist or something would have made him a much cooler and morally correct dude during a complicated and turbulent war, but again, I was just a pizza boy.

European communists in the post war era were not univerally Stalinists, communism was an ideology that extended beyond the Soviet union. The Soviet Union actually explicitly did not support the Greek communists after a point. For the allied powers though, fascism was preferable to communists - see also US supported far-right terrorist attacks in Italy and France.

And no, hating communists doesn't make you a fascist. But there's a direct line from the militias the Nazis formed with collaborators during WW2 and the anti-communist forces that fought in the Greek Civil War (which started even before WW2 was over).

I'm not accusing you of anything, if someone at my college job had cool war stories I would probably be into that too. But when you look back on it just consider the historical context. It's akin to hearing a bunch of Vietnamese war stories, then finding out the person telling them was actually proud of their time in the ARVN.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Booky posted:

AITA for telling my wife it’s ridiculous to cry over soup?

the ops a doofus, why not just go "oh except the soup"

I don't get the dad going over to his son's house and incidentally asking for food, like do you not have food at home? can you not wait until you get home to eat?

and then, and then, he chooses a can of soup?? did he cook it, eat it, wash up there and then while son and DIL were busy elsewhere? did he chug it cold straight from the can? or did he take...the soup...back to his own house...to cook and eat there...??

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I can't not shower after I get up in the morning. I feel so gross if I don't

I don't understand people who don't shower daily. You are filth goblins.

Same. When I was at the lowest point in my life, one of the reasons I made myself pull my poo poo together, was ‘if I’m homeless/living in my car/someone’s shed/etc, I won’t be able to shower in the morning’. Seriously. I know it’s a stupid reason, but it worked.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Maybe I am just cleaner naturally and my body is less grotesque

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I guess on Sunday's I'll sometimes not shower til like noon, just sit in my robe drinking coffee and doing goblin poo poo. But every other day the second my alarm goes off I'm rolling out of bed and heading for the shower.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

The character limit is a tough one here, but Italian Americans being weird about food really takes it over the top.

To be fair the Italian American is weird about steroids, his friend is the one being weird and assuming that he was offended at the mention of spaghetti-os.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
AITA flipping out on my fiance for cancelling all the vegan food options from our wedding food menu behind my back?

quote:

My fiance (31 male) and I (25 female) are getting married soon. There wasn't much that disagreed on during the wedding planning except for food. Me and my family are vegans, and there so many reasons why we chose this lifestyle and one of them being that we have a history of health issues. My fiance and his family are the complete opposite. they're hardcore meat eaters which is fine by me obviously.

However, When deciding on the wedding food menu, I wanted to add 4-5 vegan options. My fiance and his mom objected saying it was a waste of money over food that 'isn't real food'. They also argued that this would be offensive for 'their' guests and suggested my vegan options just be "the good ol' salads & appetizers" (his mom wanted cupcakes lol). I said no because for one it's me and my family who's paying. and two I want to make my guests feel welcome and not be treated as second class citizens by being served "salad". my fiance made a face and said "isn't that what vegans eat?". I refused to argue about it and said it was final.

The other day, I found out that he had cancelled all the vegan options and took them off the menu completely and behind my back. I was seething. I called him at work but he kept hanging up on me. I went straight to his workplace and confronted him there and just flipped out on him. He was stunned to see me. He at first said it was his mom's idea then told me to go home because I was making a scene at the office. the fight continued at home and he defended himself by saying that I sort of made him resort to doing this after I kept brushing off his thoughs and input, and refusing to accommadate his family. but there were PLENTY of meat options why why can't I get 4-5 vegan options? when I'm paying for it?. He yelled that it was his wedding too not my family's. My family said it was fine and they'll figure it out and told me to let it go but I refused.

AITA for putting my foot down on this?

A great start to a great marriage.

AITA for demanding my brother with a baby on the way buy me a new phone.

quote:

For some back story my Brother 23M is an aspiring ]Prank YouTuber trying to get extra money for his upcoming baby. | 20M am a big techie and I have recently been the victim of one of his stupid pranks.

For even more back story I also don't have a lot of money but there are a few things that I treat myself to like the new iPhone, every year I save up all year to be able to get the new iPhone. So the whole prank was that he sneaks up behind me grabs my iPhone runs to the bathroom and throws it at the wall. Well as you can expect the phone was messed up completely bent and couldn't be fixed.

When I started yelling at my brother he told me he was just trying to make money for his baby. When I went to apple and they told me that it couldn't be fixed as it cost more to fix it then buy a new phone. So I told my brother that he owed me $1200 to buy me the a new iPhone. He told me that the screen was just cracked but I showed him the letter from apple and my phone receipt.

He eventually payed me but he told me that I was taking money straight out of his unborn child's pocket. I don't know how a feel about it because on one hand I worked all year saving up to get that phone and it was important to me. But on the other hand he is going to have a child next month that he is going to have to support

From Reddit:

quote:

NTA, and that's not a prank. A prank is grabbing your phone and throwing a different, already broken, one at the wall, then giving you yours back unharmed immediately. You break it, you bought it.

Maybe this is why the brother's YouTube prank channel isn't doing so great...

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Aug 5, 2022

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lmao if that happened at my workplace everyone would be calling the guy Meaty or something until they quit, retired, or died.

e: If he was a real man (to go with real food) he would have no idea about the food being served at the wedding, obviously.

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Aug 5, 2022

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Let out the loudest sigh of my life after reading the spoiler in the second story

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for yelling at my husband because he scared me?

quote:

A bit of background, I am terrified of fire. I've had traumatic experiences when I was a child and cannot go near it. I am going to therapy but it's a long healing process. This does mean that there are certain things that annoy my husband like when we decided to buy a house, I asked if we could get an electric stove or replace the gas one. It annoyed him but he accepted, other things like I have to stand far away when he's having a bbq also annoy him, which is completely understandably irritating, but I can’t change it.

One night, I just finished making dinner and went to give him a back hug (arms wrapped around his shoulders kind of hug) and he instantly pulls out a lighter from his pocket and holds it close to me.

I freak out and try to get away from the lighter. When he finally puts it away I yell at him and I'm crying asking him why he thought that was a good idea. He told me that he heard of exposure therapy and he was sick of my antics.

When he comes near me agian, I yell at him to stay back and run out of the room, locking myself in the bedroom.

It's only when I'm alone that I break down crying.

In the morning he won't talk to me, saying that he was only trying to help and yelling at him made him feel like poo poo. I wonder if I overreacted.

So reddit AITA?

UPDATE: AITA for yelling at my husband because he scared me?

quote:

Thank you all for your comments on my last post, they really helped me sort things out.

He still wasn't talking to me after 3 days so I confronted my husband. I told him that I hoped that he really meant the best but it actually made me loose trust in him, so I don't know if I'm going to be able to trust him for a little while.

He brushed it off, rolling his eyes and saying it wasn't that big of a deal. I simply replied that it was a big deal for me and I know that my trauma may be annoying to him, hut that didn't give him the right to do that.

Afterwards he reluctantly agreed when I asked for marriage counselling (I told my psychologist about what he did and she was horrified and suggested marriage therapy.)

Unfortunately, each time it was time for our appointment he would make some kind of excuse not to go (he was staying late at work, there were no groceries so he had to go shopping) and I grew frustrated, I asked him if he really wanted to make things work and he didn't answer straight away.

He said that he was only trying to help and by making him seem the 'bully' that I wasn't appreciate of him and all the things he had to accommodate for my antics.

That was the last straw, I placed my wedding ring on the table and left. So now I'm staying at a friend's house and I'm in contact with a lawyer. I'm forever thankful to you, reddit for all your kind words.

I don't know what to do at the moment as he has set my progress back alot, but I think eventually I'll be ok.

And now, I'm surrounded by people who care about me and don't think of my trauma as annoying.

Edit: thank you all for your lovely messages, I would love to reply to all of them but it's getting quite late. I'll definitely reply to as many as I can tomorrow, I cannot thank you all enough for giving me the strength to help myself and reminding myself that my trauma is not annoying and shouldn't be seen as antics.

Edit 2: thank you so much strangers for the awards! :)

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Soylent Pudding posted:

:hellyeah: good on op for leaving

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

"I heard of electroshock therapy so here's 220 volts!"

"Why are you mad at me?!?"

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Invisible Clergy posted:

Found crab juice:

MY (27f) husband (27m) of 6 months are on our first cruise. I thought we'd do activities and excursions but to him it's been a literal food orgy. Is this gluttony just normal cruise behavior or do I need to address this?

dudes stay rockin

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Mx. posted:

r/relationships: baking macarons is the female equivalent of yelling
Too bad direct quotes from AITA posts are preferred for titles, because this is amazing.

My favorite idea since “for all the women and non-gamers here”.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

AITA for saying “it’s our anniversary” when my wife got upset that I did not want to do something she knows I do no enjoy on our anniversary?

quote:

My wife loves to read. She loves going to Barnes and noble. I hate it. She knows I hate going to Barnes and Noble. We were discussing things to do for our anniversary, and she mentioned 3 things she though would be fun to do. I proposed 2 of those things back to her, with another 3rd that we would both enjoy.

She was very upset and said that I really hurt her feelings for not wanting to go to Barnes and noble. I responded saying that it was OUR anniversary and I thought it would be fun doing things we both enjoy.

Am I the rear end in a top hat for assuming that we should do things we both enjoy on our anniversary?

Edit: Just wanted to say thank you for all the responses. I have read them all even if I did not respond to you and they have helped.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Soylent Pudding posted:

It's clear the spark had gone from their relationship. Maybe she will now rekindle an old flame.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

It's clear the spark had gone from their relationship. Maybe she will now rekindle an old flame.

Hopefully her new husband's place has a reading nook.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Shithouse Dave posted:

Are cheese graters not a thing in the US, like electric kettles?

They exist but are called by a negative name: Sponge Ruiners

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

E: Tuesday

Soylent Pudding fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Aug 5, 2022

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for demanding my brother with a baby on the way buy me a new phone.

drat, Tuesday already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I'm assuming we all jumped to OnlyFans or stripping, but there's a surprise turn here:

No clue why she would hide that though. Maybe the boyfriend is a Jehovah's Witness or 7th Day Adventist?

quote:

I do liver transplants anesthesia. These are no joke. Liver transplants have a high mortality rate - highest for all living organ donors. So this is more than cosemetics. Plus i believe in bodily autonomy.

NTA. Anyone who disagree - has no idea and no understanding of liver transplants

I met my wife online in the pre-app days, back when it was much more akin to newspaper personal ads than swiping. She only mentioned briefly in her ad that she worked in healthcare. Well, it turns out she's an MD, and it took a lucky guess for me to guess it quickly (my first wife had also been an MD and I could read between some lines).

The reasons why she was intentionally vague about her job were 1) she could more easily identify male chauvinists who would show their whole rear end and assume she was a nurse or tech or whatever without even talking to her about her job, 2) she would screen out some golddiggers, and 3) she would screen out some drugseekers