Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Dawgstar posted:

There's a lot horrible about Anime Matsuri. It probably warrants its own thread in the anime sub-forum.

There kind of is one, a lot of AM drama also bleeds over into the ongoing thread about sex pest VA Vic Mignogna right here since they're a constant train wreck that platforms the dude while also being an endless dumpster fire of grifts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
It's a sad loving commentary that you can make a living being an alt-right nerd, let alone a loving millionaire like Geeks and Gamers and the Quartering.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

E the Shaggy posted:

It's a sad loving commentary that you can make a living being an alt-right nerd, let alone a loving millionaire like Geeks and Gamers and the Quartering.

Is Hambly that well off? I knew he started off way more upper middle class than he let on.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Dawgstar posted:

Is Hambly that well off? I knew he started off way more upper middle class than he let on.

Bought his wife a plane, building some giant new house and started a coffee company because Black Rifle Coffee “went woke” (lol)

Grifting is lucrative.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I do have to ask as someone who spends an unhealthy amount of her budget on beans: which coffee company is this I should be avoiding if they're trying to be the Maynard of coffee? I know Black Rifle's "ooo-rah kill 'em", but what the hell goes further?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wait, BR Coffee is woke now?

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Rhyno posted:

Wait, BR Coffee is woke now?

They declined to sponsor Kyle Rittenhouse, despite earlier retweeting out a picture with him wearing their shirt or something. That was enough to count as "going woke" for a pretty big chunk of the redcap crowd.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Brocktoon posted:

Bought his wife a plane, building some giant new house and started a coffee company because Black Rifle Coffee “went woke” (lol)

A plane? She really does try to spend as little time as possible around him.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

secretly best girl posted:

I do have to ask as someone who spends an unhealthy amount of her budget on beans: which coffee company is this I should be avoiding if they're trying to be the Maynard of coffee? I know Black Rifle's "ooo-rah kill 'em", but what the hell goes further?

Coffee Brand Coffee

Not joking, that’s the name.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Brocktoon posted:

Coffee Brand Coffee

Not joking, that’s the name.
Oh come on, 'Covfefe' was right there. No wonder these jokers have to grift for money.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
If it's anything like a Hambly product, it'll die out in months. Remember his videogame review website? Me either.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I feel like "rightwing coffee" is a very limited demographic. Everybody drinks coffee, but the only people who give a poo poo about the politics of the coffee company they buy from are conspicuous consumption liberals, everyone else just buys the coffee that fits their budget to taste to availability ratio.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Skwirl posted:

I feel like "rightwing coffee" is a very limited demographic. Everybody drinks coffee, but the only people who give a poo poo about the politics of the coffee company they buy from are conspicuous consumption liberals, everyone else just buys the coffee that fits their budget to taste to availability ratio.

I dunno about that, conservative/Republicans have lots of brands they boycotted for the dumbest reasons imaginable

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, they're all turning on Cracker Barrel now, since they introduced Impossible sausage. You know, an optional thing you never, ever have to order.

But go woke, get broke.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Right wingers absolutely love throwing money at ridiculous stuff to "own the libs"

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

I think they all just love the obvious high quality of mypillow brand pillows.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I dunno about that, conservative/Republicans have lots of brands they boycotted for the dumbest reasons imaginable

1) they lie about boycotting poo poo all the time. Like Oreo has an ad where the cream filling is rainbow colored during pride month and say "I'm never buying Oreos again" and maybe they stop buying Oreos until September.

2) Boycotting a company because they "got woke" is different than specifically buying a product because they are right wing. They might not buy from a certain company because they think it's too liberal, but they aren't going to pay extra for coffee because it's right wing.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Karma Tornado posted:

I think they all just love the obvious high quality of mypillow brand pillows.

The mypillow guy made a poo poo ton of money off his pillows well before anyone knew who the gently caress he was or what his politics were.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Skwirl posted:

Jeremy charges around two to three times the regular amount for what you get for normal coffee. There's always enough alt-right suckers to grift.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Skwirl posted:

1) they lie about boycotting poo poo all the time. Like Oreo has an ad where the cream filling is rainbow colored during pride month and say "I'm never buying Oreos again" and maybe they stop buying Oreos until September.

2) Boycotting a company because they "got woke" is different than specifically buying a product because they are right wing. They might not buy from a certain company because they think it's too liberal, but they aren't going to pay extra for coffee because it's right wing.
I believe you strongly underestimate how much extra money right-wing morons are willing to splash out to own the liberals, especially lately. We're talking people who own watercraft dealerships here, not guys in beat-up pickup trucks by necessity rather than choice.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Opopanax posted:

I took a look at the book he's shilling and lol

Also it's at about $160k with only around 1300 backers so I'm thinking money laundering?

a story about a cancelled superhero could be fun. Like that moment in AGDQ when the announced announced a 10,000$ donation and there was a huge cheer, and then announced it was from Notch and there was an awkward silence. People are happy that a hero is here to save the day, but not thrilled that it's that guy.

To work as a story the hero would have to grow and change though, and I don't imagine that's the kind of story being told in that comic

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Gripweed posted:

a story about a cancelled superhero could be fun. Like that moment in AGDQ when the announced announced a 10,000$ donation and there was a huge cheer, and then announced it was from Notch and there was an awkward silence. People are happy that a hero is here to save the day, but not thrilled that it's that guy.

To work as a story the hero would have to grow and change though, and I don't imagine that's the kind of story being told in that comic

Small town Clark Kent style hero comes to the big city, not a bad guy but just chock full of learned prejudices and has to learn to overcome them and realise that a bunch of the poo poo he learned as a kid is just flat out wrong.

Also later on he realises that he's gay, or at least bi. Bam, there's your pitch.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Small town Clark Kent style hero comes to the big city, not a bad guy but just chock full of learned prejudices and has to learn to overcome them and realise that a bunch of the poo poo he learned as a kid is just flat out wrong.

Also later on he realises that he's gay, or at least bi. Bam, there's your pitch.

This story is called Peacemaker. Second line is the season 2 spoiler.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

StumblyWumbly posted:

This story is called Peacemaker. Second line is the season 2 spoiler.

I thought they already confirmed Peacemaker was bi on the show? That was one of reasons his dad said he hated him.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i mean he has a threesome with vigilante in the show so

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Splint Chesthair posted:

I thought they already confirmed Peacemaker was bi on the show? That was one of reasons his dad said he hated him.

I don't really trust Nazis for fair characterizations of sexuality

site posted:

i mean he has a threesome with vigilante in the show so

That's fair and I should have remembered it.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Splint Chesthair posted:

There's also a line or two earlier on in the show when he's meeting a lady in a bar.

And his dad definitely spelled it out, as well as the threeway with Vigilante. It wasn't a secret at any time.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I do not remember that

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if he was but as far as the threeskme goes, he's definitely a "it's not gay if the balls don't touch" kind of guy

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Opopanax posted:

I took a look at the book he's shilling and lol

Also it's at about $160k with only around 1300 backers so I'm thinking money laundering?

The other fundraised projects have a similar insanely high per user average.

The two cyberfrog ones were $132 and $192.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Lol if superheroes cancelled by the media was anything new or groundbreaking, it's been happening to Spider-Man for decades

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Gnome de plume posted:

Lol if superheroes cancelled by the media was anything new or groundbreaking, it's been happening to Spider-Man for decades

Well... he tries, at least.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
And then there's the X-Men. Hoo boy, is there ever the X-Men.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Darth Walrus posted:

And then there's the X-Men. Hoo boy, is there ever the X-Men.

I mean Colossus probably should've been cancelled due to his relationship with Kitty, let's be honest.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Claremont is Claremonting, apparently.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures
lol

https://twitter.com/SpoonfulofBrody/status/1556454176154066945

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

turning a big dial taht says "Sexism" on it and constantly looking back at the audience for approval like a contestant on the price is right

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ethan trying to explain why you didn't order a comic.

https://twitter.com/EthanVanSciver/status/1552305380293857281

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The funny part is he's half right. KS and IGG in no way guarantee you'll get anything. That said, you're definitely not an investor, either, as the best return you can get is the "perk." You're in no way entitled to any portion of the work or product that comes out of a crowdfunding campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

The funny part is he's half right. KS and IGG in no way guarantee you'll get anything. That said, you're definitely not an investor, either, as the best return you can get is the "perk." You're in no way entitled to any portion of the work or product that comes out of a crowdfunding campaign.

Has there ever been a successful attempt to claw back money from a failed crowdfund? The only one I can think of is the actual crime one, like the couple and the homeless guy who staged a viral video and raised a bunch of money before getting caught.