Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which August 16th release are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Blossom Tales 2: The Minotaur Prince [PC, Switch] – August 16 12 21.82%
Rollerdrome [PC, PS5, PS4] – August 16 31 56.36%
Tribes of Midgard [XSX, XBO, Switch] – August 16 5 9.09%
Way of the Hunter [PC, PS5, XSX] – August 16 7 12.73%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gripweed posted:

Everybody loves veil ladies now. If you were playing some fantasy game where an evil witch was trying to plunge the world into eternal darkness, and there was a cutscene early on where you break into her castle and get caught and she's like, "You are a fool to challenge me, weak and pitiful as you are. But you have a glimmer of potential. Pledge your soul to me and I will turn you into my champion, and you shall sit by my side when all kneel before my glory" and there's a choice, and this is the only plot choice in the game all the rest is a linear story. You can say no and you get sent to the dungeons and escape and do standard stuff where you get stronger and eventually return and defeat her. Or you can say yes, you get on a whole different leveling up tree with different abilities, all the characters who would have been your allies on the first path become your enemies and vice versa, and the game ends when you break open the gates of the last fortress, defeat the champion who was raised to fight the witch in your stead, and deliver the final victory to your evil mistress.

People would love that.

Yes yes yes and also she steps on me :hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
What is the Atelier series, what does it appeal to, and which would be the best one to start with?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

ninjoatse.cx posted:

What is the Atelier series, what does it appeal to, and which would be the best one to start with?

In order, A bad series of bargain bin RPG's, Nobody but the deranged, and none of the above

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ninjoatse.cx posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3955050&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post511562116
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3881471#post492321267

First post is my attempt to describe what makes it so special to me, second post is a brief summary of each game along with my recommended starting points

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Gaius Marius posted:

In order, A bad series of bargain bin RPG's, Nobody but the deranged, and none of the above

die

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
What
no

why
NO

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Baller Time posted:

What
no

why
NO

Something has gone very very wrong

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

God drat I give up on gaming on my tablet. Just constantly having to lift my arm/hand to tap the screen is so tiresome.

I’m a decrepit old man

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Baller Time posted:

What
no

why
NO

Lmao who does this even appeal to? Weird flying foot fetish haha
What's the game btw

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Stux gets probated for this kind of post

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

i will die like i lived: saying atelier is good

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Jay Rust posted:

Yeah, but only in the rules thread and he has to repeat himself half a dozen times to make sure Metis is watching.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

sponges posted:

God drat I give up on gaming on my tablet. Just constantly having to lift my arm/hand to tap the screen is so tiresome.

I’m a decrepit old man

Having to use virtual joystick controls highlighted to me just how much time the average 3D game wastes on moving from a to b. Since there’s nothing to it besides holding a stick forward, it might as well be automated. Or give me telepathic controls.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

the... the what? and why are you posting in german???

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
cheetah was saying 'the'

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh ffs

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Muscle Tracer posted:

the... the what? and why are you posting in german???

Rarity posted:

cheetah was saying 'the'

the two of you now have to fight over whose joke this is

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Oh sorry. I empty quoted because I thought it was a death threat

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

Gaius Marius posted:

Lmao who does this even appeal to? Weird flying foot fetish haha
What's the game btw

Might & Magic World of Xeen

And I thought the orcs that attack by vomiting on your where weird

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

rarity can have it, she needs SOMETHING other than ffxiv in her life

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Muscle Tracer posted:

lol

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Muscle Tracer posted:

but you have even less to give 🥺

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Muscle Tracer posted:

I also have my pro wrestling...

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Too-many-fingers hand enemies in Elden ring? Goons say, "Genius"

Severed human feet with wings? Goons say, "Hello, security? There's a pervert in the building"

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
the hands are also perverts

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Boba Pearl posted:

but you have even less to give 🥺

hey that's a good point, the highest ff i've played is x! i'm iv behind!

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I got jumped by 5 hands from behind in a manor in Elden Ring and I think I have a new phobia now.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Having to use virtual joystick controls highlighted to me just how much time the average 3D game wastes on moving from a to b. Since there’s nothing to it besides holding a stick forward, it might as well be automated. Or give me telepathic controls.

ghost of tsushima lets you have your horse automatically follow the npcs who lead you to various quests and all it really does is highlight how cookie cutter the quest design is

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I can't deal with virtual joysticks at all. Touch controls are cool for purely turn-based games or puzzle games or like attacking with gestures in The World Ends With You, that was always cool, but as soon as I have to move a character with them, it just becomes really uncomfortable for me to play.

I want to play the Dragon Quest mobile ports but the vertical orientation and requirement to use virtual joystick/d-pad controls just makes it feel wrong.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/bobvids/status/1557164035250032641?s=20&t=6h0hGRvibiSADZI3Ta8a6A

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

aw man everyone already got all the hashtag Funny Quips

uhhhh, "whats the deal with all these megamis tenseis??"

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

sponges posted:

I’m a decrepit old man

It’s all fun and games until you drop your tablet on your face while gaming in bed…

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

even after posting my year of the games post i keep finding games from those years that I forgot came out that year and am like drat!! those were great years!!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I find it hard to be passionate about years... I’ve got no will to argue. Someone can say “yeah 2oo4 is the best year for games because xyz” and ill be “yeah 100%” then their neighbour can say “actually 1969 is the best year because xxx” and all I could say is “hell yeah. You’re both spot on”. Idk there’s nothing for me to hold onto, nothing to light up the fire in my belly

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Jay Rust posted:

I find it hard to be passionate about years... I’ve got no will to argue. Someone can say “yeah 2oo4 is the best year for games because xyz” and ill be “yeah 100%” then their neighbour can say “actually 1969 is the best year because xxx” and all I could say is “hell yeah. You’re both spot on”. Idk there’s nothing for me to hold onto, nothing to light up the fire in my belly

same except for vg rankings in general

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I got jumped by 5 hands from behind in a manor in Elden Ring and I think I have a new phobia now.

Giant Hand spiders are a new top tier “gently caress that’s creepy” From enemy right behind “screaming old man”, “giant hand face baby” and Winter Lanterns

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Rarity posted:

I also have my pro wrestling...

Remember when Michael Cole shouted CHOCOBO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Rinkles posted:

same except for vg rankings in general

Interesting, do you not think you have the duty to defend your favourite game’s honour? Or the duty to demean games you aren’t interested in?