Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Floofy posted:

With my dynasty draft coming up, I知 in dire need of a RB.

I値l have my pick of one of Walker, Cook, or Pierce. Who should I go for if he痴 there? (Assuming hall is gone when my pick comes up two picks from now). Any others that might be preferred?

Walker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004

Floofy posted:

With my dynasty draft coming up, I知 in dire need of a RB.

I値l have my pick of one of Walker, Cook, or Pierce. Who should I go for if he痴 there? (Assuming hall is gone when my pick comes up two picks from now). Any others that might be preferred?

Just got an offer of my pick + jeudy for hall. I知 pretty solid at wr right now

Would this be decent? I知 conflicted

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Levin posted:

You had a take a risk somewhere and WR seems like a good position to do so, draft looks solid, just need to hope some of the WRs perform or you can find a waiver gem.

Scaled back my involve from last year. Currently only doing one 10 team, 3WR, 6pt Pass TD, -2 int, half PPR, 0.2comp and some yardage bonuses. I tried to submit a beersheet request but no luck so resubmitted. Ran a rankings sheet at FantasyPros using top 15 experts from 2021 or Multi-year who had relatively up to date data. If draft follows it to the letter I'd get Justin Jefferson, Travis Kelce, James Conner, and Michael Pittman Jr in the first four rounds.

Also, any best ball drafters in here? Wondering which platform would be the best for this format.

Yea and it was a thing where I could have taken a WR at the first turn but hell, Jones/Najee was better than what I could do there. Same with 4/5 and Fields/Pitts. Fingers crossed.

Also shoot me a PM to me, Drunk Nerds or Sataere if you have beer sheets issues and we can try to get em sorted out for you

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Is D'Ernest Johnson the biggest waste of talent in the NFL? I see his name popping up late in mock drafts and I think, "That guy is a stud." But then I remember he's third on the Browns' RB depth chart and not worth a pick. I'll keep an eye out for news of injuries to Chubbs or Hunt or a trade, otherwise, just enormous potential sitting on the bench.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

CocoaNuts posted:

Is D'Ernest Johnson the biggest waste of talent in the NFL? I see his name popping up late in mock drafts and I think, "That guy is a stud." But then I remember he's third on the Browns' RB depth chart and not worth a pick. I'll keep an eye out for news of injuries to Chubbs or Hunt or a trade, otherwise, just enormous potential sitting on the bench.

Shame on you for forgetting josh gordon exists

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
If Watson really gets a year suspension D'Ernest will certainly be worth a handcuff on either Browns rb.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

If Watson really gets a year suspension D'Ernest will certainly be worth a handcuff on either Browns rb.

I doubt it. If one gets hurt the other can just take over the duties as a bell cow. They are both capable.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

They池e not going to become a bellcow with an injury. They値l use Johnson like they did last season.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

dkj posted:

They’re not going to become a bellcow with an injury. They’ll use Johnson like they did last season.

Yeah this

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

RCarr posted:

I doubt it. If one gets hurt the other can just take over the duties as a bell cow. They are both capable.

If Watson is gone Stefanski would have to be much dumber than I already think he is to use either as a bellcow this year. Schottie would nut at the amount of run they'll have to employ with Handsome Jimmy trying to pick up the offense on the fly or full time Briskett. D'Ernest will get you some flex worthy production in PPR leagues should either get hurt.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Also not to mention Jerome Ford looking great

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

dkj posted:

They’re not going to become a bellcow with an injury. They’ll use Johnson like they did last season.

If it's like last season, an injury to Chubb makes hunt the bellcow, but an injury to hunt has a small impact on volume for Chubb.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Don't forget Hunt wanted out and the Browns said no, the lack of gruntles might affect how the Hunt/Johnson situation plays out. Chubb is still a stud regardless.

I don't see it being relevant outside of dynasty though, but it's the Browns so who knows.

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Aug 14, 2022

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Floofy posted:

Just got an offer of my pick + jeudy for hall. I知 pretty solid at wr right now

Would this be decent? I知 conflicted

What do your receivers look like? And where are you trading up from?

Remember, it is easier to make an evaluation with more information.

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004

Sataere posted:

What do your receivers look like? And where are you trading up from?

Remember, it is easier to make an evaluation with more information.

He picked hall already. I decided to go with some older advice from you guys to draft best available in dynasty and trade for need later.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Levin posted:

Scaled back my involve from last year. Currently only doing one 10 team, 3WR, 6pt Pass TD, -2 int, half PPR, 0.2comp and some yardage bonuses. I tried to submit a beersheet request but no luck so resubmitted. Ran a rankings sheet at FantasyPros using top 15 experts from 2021 or Multi-year who had relatively up to date data. If draft follows it to the letter I'd get Justin Jefferson, Travis Kelce, James Conner, and Michael Pittman Jr in the first four rounds.

Also, any best ball drafters in here? Wondering which platform would be the best for this format.

When did you submit your beersheet request? Although we have everything pretty automated, Kevin still has to pull the "run new sheets" leverage. I believe he does this nightly usually, so report back if it doesn't come by tomorrow

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Just saw the starting center for the Browns is done for the season, seems like a big blow.

Dick Wolf
Apr 5, 2009
I'm in a 16 team keeper league and have to pick 2 players for upcoming season. My strategy is to try to pick best value Jamarr Chase is easy since he was picked in 5th round, so I would lose my 5th round pick for him, but the 2nd player is a little more confusing, I'm either going to keep Dawson Knox or Matthew Stafford for Knox I'd lose 10th rounder, Stafford 7th. I'm leaning towards Knox because even though I expect significant regression he still has better value as essentially a pick around 160, both seem to have ADP between 90-100, plus even though it's probably nothing the elbow injury stuff doesn't make me excited about keeping Stafford. Don't ask about the rest of my team there aren't great options like Antonio Gibson who is rightfully going after the spot I selected him last year and Darell Henderson who may be good this year, but can be picked up in much later rounds than when I drafted him last year. Having sixteen teams can be tough.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm tired posting so I hope this makes sense, but how do you guys who are in dynasty leagues like to handle your taxi squads?

The league I'm in has 5 taxi slots and you can keep guys in it up to two years, but only if you never take them out.

I am asking because I have two guys from last year that did nothing as rookies: Kylen Granson and Hunter Long, both TEs on teams with offenses that like to feature TEs but have established guys ahead of them and don't really have much buzz or news about them. Do you guys hold onto them anyway to give them time to mature, or do you like to gamble on other guys that are true rookies?

edit: related, I went with a zero TE draft strategy so I'm rockin Cole Kmet and not much else.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

My dynasty league has the same rules and my strategy has been to keep guys on the taxi squad for as long as I can and then drop them/promote them as applicable.

If you don't have anyone to replace them on the taxi squad you might as well keep them.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Spoeank posted:

Yea and it was a thing where I could have taken a WR at the first turn but hell, Jones/Najee was better than what I could do there. Same with 4/5 and Fields/Pitts. Fingers crossed.

Also shoot me a PM to me, Drunk Nerds or Sataere if you have beer sheets issues and we can try to get em sorted out for you

Drunk Nerds posted:

When did you submit your beersheet request? Although we have everything pretty automated, Kevin still has to pull the "run new sheets" leverage. I believe he does this nightly usually, so report back if it doesn't come by tomorrow

I think I have submitted it twice now and waited 24 hours but could be off slightly? It's not urgent as draft isn't until Aug 28.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Drafting as keeper league for the first time this year. Any general tips on types of players to target to keep for next year? Any specific players/rookies topping the list?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

KingKapalone posted:

Drafting as keeper league for the first time this year. Any general tips on types of players to target to keep for next year? Any specific players/rookies topping the list?

How many keepers, and what are the keeper rules? It makes a huge difference in getting you the correct help!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

MakaVillian posted:

My dynasty league has the same rules and my strategy has been to keep guys on the taxi squad for as long as I can and then drop them/promote them as applicable.

If you don't have anyone to replace them on the taxi squad you might as well keep them.
Cool, thanks. Yeah on top of those two TEs I mentioned I have Jake Fergusen (Dallas TE), Desmond Ridder, and Montrell Washington (Denver WR) on my Taxi Squad. The rest of my rookies (Garrett Wilson, James Cook, Jahan Dotson, and Jalen Tolbert) are on my active roster because I'm expecting output from them this year. I debated trying to find a spot for Tolbert on the Taxi Squad so I would be able to keep other guys I picked up from the waiver wire but I'm in such bad need of a TE that I think I'll give Long and Granson another year to get it together.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass

Spoeank posted:

How many keepers, and what are the keeper rules? It makes a huge difference in getting you the correct help!

Two keepers. Cost is one round before previous draft spot. No 1st or 2nd round keepers. Undrafted players will cost a 7th.

League is 12 man half PPR.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Sataere posted:

Team A
Reek
AJB
DMont/Breece Hall

Team B
Reek
Chubb

I'll be honest, I'd rather have Team A. But it is which you'd rather have

I switch to Team B above if I can flip AJB for a pick.

To circle back to this, I have a new offer from another person:

Get:
Kupp

Give:

So replace Team B with something like Reek, Kupp and the Juju/K Hunt/R Woods/M Gordon/etc tiers.

I think that makes the depth issue more manageable.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

MakaVillian posted:

To circle back to this, I have a new offer from another person:

Get:
Kupp

Give:

So replace Team B with something like Reek, Kupp and the Juju/K Hunt/R Woods/M Gordon/etc tiers.

I think that makes the depth issue more manageable.

I'm assuming these are start up picks? If so I think I'd hold. But I'm probably lower on Kupp's dynasty value than most.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

fennesz posted:

I'm assuming these are start up picks? If so I think I'd hold. But I'm probably lower on Kupp's dynasty value than most.

No, 12 team 0.5 PPR keeper league that's been running for several years

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

KingKapalone posted:

Two keepers. Cost is one round before previous draft spot. No 1st or 2nd round keepers. Undrafted players will cost a 7th.

League is 12 man half PPR.

2 man, plus a round drafting changes very little (you won't have a ton of options and there won't be a ton of value lost next year, esp with first and second staying on the board). You don't have to go too crazy stashing like Eno Benjamin or something.

I would just value somewhat unheralded rookies and sophomores like Alec Pierce or David Bell toward the middle-back of your draft over established solid but just okay guys like Jakobi Meyers or JD McKissic. If they flame out, dump em and find more upside guys. I would also not worry as much about your QB, but you definitely don't want Stafford, Cousins, Carr or Ryan Because you're looking for big hits that will have a big jump in value for 2022.

If you play on yahoo, you can exploit their "players lock at game start" to churn backups at the bottom of your roster just in case.

tl;dr get youth not stability and churn until you hit a home run. Just don't go overboard in the draft reaching on guys.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Spoeank posted:

2 man, plus a round drafting changes very little (you won't have a ton of options and there won't be a ton of value lost next year, esp with first and second staying on the board). You don't have to go too crazy stashing like Eno Benjamin or something.

I would just value somewhat unheralded rookies and sophomores like Alec Pierce or David Bell toward the middle-back of your draft over established solid but just okay guys like Jakobi Meyers or JD McKissic. If they flame out, dump em and find more upside guys. I would also not worry as much about your QB, but you definitely don't want Stafford, Cousins, Carr or Ryan Because you're looking for big hits that will have a big jump in value for 2022.

If you play on yahoo, you can exploit their "players lock at game start" to churn backups at the bottom of your roster just in case.

tl;dr get youth not stability and churn until you hit a home run. Just don't go overboard in the draft reaching on guys.

I'd like to add that dudes who could have decent value this year and provide great value next year like Kenneth Walker, Rhamondre Stevenson, and even guys like Jrob and Dameon Pearce are decent targets if they don't get drafted earlier than their ADP.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Spoeank posted:

I would just value somewhat unheralded rookies and sophomores like Alec Pierce or David Bell toward the middle-back of your draft over established solid but just okay guys like Jakobi Meyers or JD McKissic. If they flame out, dump em and find more upside guys.

This is the exact point I was going to bring up, too. Welcome to the fantastic world of keepers! Just don稚 overthink it too much in your first year as you learn.

Get your core drafted, then around those later rounds you start looking at the guys who you want to take a chance on or really believe in. Sometimes you strike gold, sometimes your opponents do. It痴 how I got to keep Deebo for an 8th round, but we also have a guy who got to keep Mahomes for like a 14th round for the last 3 years.

If it gets to the 13th and I知 staring down Raheem Mostert or Jamaal Williams as my best option, gently caress it you better believe I値l reach down a few spots and take Jahan Dotson or somebody fresh. Who cares? Better than Mostert reinjuring himself on the second play of the game.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If some big name gets hurt before your draft you can usually scoop them up at the end of the draft as most people won稚 think to draft them.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I also like Alec Pierce as a potential future keeper target because I'm of the likely stupid and wrong opinion that Michael Pittman is just Not Very Good.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

fennesz posted:

I also like Alec Pierce as a potential future keeper target because I'm of the likely stupid and wrong opinion that Michael Pittman is just Not Very Good.
Michael Pittman is bad but Alec Pierce is good? I am going to hit you on the nose with a rolled up newspaper. Bad take! Bad!

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I just think Pittman has been producing because he has absolutely no other receiving talent around him for going on 2 years now. The ghost of TY Hilton doesn't count.

I'm well aware it's a bad take, ha. I just can't not think it. :banjo:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Good news about 2022, then

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
We're looking for one more player in the 20 team league. We have 19 out of 20 players now, we just need one more. If you're interested, just let me know!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4005436&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

fennesz posted:

I just think Pittman has been producing because he has absolutely no other receiving talent around him for going on 2 years now. The ghost of TY Hilton doesn't count.

I'm well aware it's a bad take, ha. I just can't not think it. :banjo:

Man did I believe in Parris Campbell in the draft

one of the reasons I only believe in separation now.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Silly Burrito posted:

We're looking for one more player in the 20 team league. We have 19 out of 20 players now, we just need one more. If you're interested, just let me know!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4005436&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1
I volunteered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Awesome, thanks again!