Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
This is my first time doing a league with a QB superflex. Generally speaking how early should I be drafted a 1st and 2nd QB?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Aug 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

This is my first time doing a league with a QB superflex. Generally speaking how early should I be drafted a 1st and 2nd QB?

Kind of depends on the rest of the league rules and how many teams there are, but generally I like to have 2 QB through 4 rounds. Superflex gives them more parity with RBs where there are really not that many good ones and you want to be a team that has 2 good ones. In a 10 team standard league I almost always go 2 RB 2 QB the first 4 rounds because there are plenty of WR to find later.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Aug 19, 2022

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I know it's preseason but the Seahawks are looking real terrible :stare:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Is it dynasty or redraft? I essentially agree with Pain of Mind regardless, but Dynasty skews things towards the younger guys of course.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It's a 10 team redraft, with 1pt PPR.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

It's a 10 team redraft, with 1pt PPR.

RB1=QB1=Kupp/Jefferson, RB2=QB2 > other WR. I prioritize top tier RB though just because you are unlikely to find a RB that gets 300 touches in the 3rd round.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Aug 19, 2022

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1560466796293021696?t=Vf3me3uUlu5nUd3rp7GeZQ&s=19

Hear me out

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hmm I don’t recommend

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Starting to prep for my draft Aug 28: snake redraft, 10 team, 3WR, half ppr, 6pt pass TD, 0.2 completions. Looks like I'm drafting 9th, same as last year. The only wrinkle is 3 tiered bonuses for running, receiving and passing yardage for a max of 5pts each. We're down from 12 teams last year and I can't seem to get the complete draft results from last year off Yahoo but my first five picks were: Davante Adams, Joe Mixon, Josh Allen, Robert Woods, and Kareem Hunt.

I got my beersheet now and if players go based on value I'm looking at the following around my first two picks: Joe Mixon, Najee Harris, Davante Adams, Travis Kelce, Josh Allen, Alvin Kamara, and Stefon Diggs. Last year Mahomes was the first QB off the board at 2.11 followed by me picking Allen at 3.09 so I'm guessing I can wait on QB. It would be pretty funny if I ended up picking Adams and Mixon again.

Reviewing last year one thing that stuck out is that I did not end up spending much of my waiver budget. I'm wondering if I need to just throw the majority of it at something early on and hope for the best.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Man, my work league is going from 12 to 14 teams. To compensate they're changing the second RB slot into a FLEX. Don't think that'll be enough to make up for how thin these teams will feel.

Should that move to a FLEX spot change my drafting calculus at all? I typically start RB/RB because I like hunting WRs in rounds 3-6 but I wonder whether that strategy is viable or desirable in a 14 team snake draft.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Generally, in a zero PPR league your flex should still be a running back. In a full PPR league it should be a WR, in a half-PPR it's more a case-by-case basis.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Spoeank posted:

Generally, in a zero PPR league your flex should still be a running back. In a full PPR league it should be a WR, in a half-PPR it's more a case-by-case basis.

Thanks. Should have specified, it's a full ppr league. This means the slots are 1 QB 1 RB 2 WR 2 FLEX. That's a good point, I'll need to prioritize WR more than I'm used to.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

You should probably consider QB r1 and your second QB in r2 or r3. If you miss completely on the top 12 QBs drafted you put yourself at an incredibly vast PPG differential for the rest of the season. Couple that with the lessened overall injury risk for QBs overall (when compared to RB especially) and the fact elite QBs provide you with a nice floor and great ceiling, they're an extremely sound investment.

Honestly the only time you should ever consider drafting a RB in R1 of a SF draft is if you're pick 11 or pick 12 and CMC fell to you.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

shirts and skins posted:

Man, my work league is going from 12 to 14 teams. To compensate they're changing the second RB slot into a FLEX. Don't think that'll be enough to make up for how thin these teams will feel.

Should that move to a FLEX spot change my drafting calculus at all? I typically start RB/RB because I like hunting WRs in rounds 3-6 but I wonder whether that strategy is viable or desirable in a 14 team snake draft.

RB gets thin fast whereas you can find startable WRs into like the 10th round. This is going to be exacerbated in a deeper league so imo I would still be happy to take 2 running backs if they happened to fall to me.

You might also want to take a qb slightly earlier than normal, especially if it’s a home league where people loving love to draft 2 or 3 starting QBs for some drat reason. Keep an eye on who’s gone otherwise you might end up with something gross like Mac Jones.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

shirts and skins posted:

I have been in a 14 team league for a while with 2 RB 2 WR and a flex, it is not THAT different from 12, there are still enough QB to go around etc. Since you only have 1 RB it does lower their value quite a bit. I would not be locked into RB RB when you only start one. It would be good to have a top one, but I would not force it in the first round if you are picking 13th and 10 go before you. TE get more valuable since there are already so few worth anything, especially in PPR. Grabbing Kelce or Andrews in the late first or second would not be that bad of an idea, or someone like Pitts/Kittle if they are falling to you in the 3rd or 4th.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Aug 19, 2022

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Haven't done any research for this year yet, but my league just finalized the membership for this season and set the draft date, so I figured I'd try a mock just to get a sense of who's going when.

8 Team league, standard PPR, 6th pick, snake draft results:
1. Derrick Henry
2. Deebo Samuel
3. James Conner
4. Cam Akers
5. Terry Mclaurin
6. Hollywood Brown
7. George Kittle
8. Gabe Davis
9. Kyler Murray
10. CEH
11. Kadarius Toney
12. Chase Claypool
13. Tony Pollard
14. Dallas Goedert
15. Colts DST
16. Matt Gay

How'd I do? It's crazy in an 8-team league how many decent flex players are left on the board at the end. Dudes in this mock draft did use picks on backup QB's, which I think will definitely happen in my league.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Chill Penguin posted:

Haven't done any research for this year yet, but my league just finalized the membership for this season and set the draft date, so I figured I'd try a mock just to get a sense of who's going when.

1. Derrick Henry
2. Deebo Samuel
3. James Conner
4. Cam Akers
5. Terry Mclaurin
6. Hollywood Brown
7. George Kittle
8. Gabe Davis
9. Kyler Murray
10. CEH
11. Kadarius Toney
12. Chase Claypool
13. Tony Pollard
14. Dallas Goedert
15. Colts DST
16. Matt Gay

How'd I do? It's crazy in an 8-team league how many decent flex players are left on the board at the end. Dudes in this mock draft did use picks on backup QB's, which I think will definitely happen in my league.
I think that's my personal dream team.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Chill Penguin posted:

1. Derrick Henry
2. Deebo Samuel
3. James Conner
4. Cam Akers
5. Terry Mclaurin
6. Hollywood Brown
7. George Kittle
8. Gabe Davis
9. Kyler Murray
10. CEH
11. Kadarius Toney
12. Chase Claypool
13. Tony Pollard
14. Dallas Goedert
15. Colts DST
16. Matt Gay

I think this is pretty terrible for an 8 teamer. Henry is getting up there in years and carries and the Titans will almost certainly be worse. Love Deebo, but he's being drafted at his ceiling. It would be shocking if Conner doesn't have TD regression. Akers is banged up already and in a timeshare. McLaurin was the WR36 last year and still has a poo poo QB.

It's not all bad; I am a Gabriel Davis believer and getting Murray that late is cool. And Pollard is good value that late. But you can do far better in a 8 teamer than this.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

coronaball posted:

I think this is pretty terrible for an 8 teamer. Henry is getting up there in years and carries and the Titans will almost certainly be worse. Love Deebo, but he's being drafted at his ceiling. It would be shocking if Conner doesn't have TD regression. Akers is banged up already and in a timeshare. McLaurin was the WR36 last year and still has a poo poo QB.

It's not all bad; I am a Gabriel Davis believer and getting Murray that late is cool. And Pollard is good value that late. But you can do far better in a 8 teamer than this.

Didn’t you hear that other poster a few pages back? If you draft Derrick Henry you win your league. End of story.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Chill Penguin posted:

1. Derrick Henry
2. Deebo Samuel
3. James Conner
4. Cam Akers
5. Terry Mclaurin
6. Hollywood Brown
7. George Kittle
8. Gabe Davis
9. Kyler Murray
10. CEH
11. Kadarius Toney
12. Chase Claypool
13. Tony Pollard
14. Dallas Goedert
15. Colts DST
16. Matt Gay

Absolutely hate Akers at his current ADP and I think people are crazy for drafting him.

RCarr posted:

Didn’t you hear that other poster a few pages back? If you draft Derrick Henry you win your league. End of story.
What if you draft CMC?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Sataere posted:

What if you draft CMC?

He'll be hurt all year. Sorry, I don't make the rules.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Sataere posted:

What if you draft CMC?

3-4 good weeks and then a clogged IR slot

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

My new fantasy football philosophy is to draft with a bias on fun dudes who I like to watch play. You can do a lot of projecting with spreadsheets and poo poo and still draft a terrible team so you might as well have a little fun watching the games by getting guys you like.

That's why I'm a "Derrick Henry in round 1" guy.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

mega dy posted:

My new fantasy football philosophy is to draft with a bias on fun dudes who I like to watch play. You can do a lot of projecting with spreadsheets and poo poo and still draft a terrible team so you might as well have a little fun watching the games by getting guys you like.

Always get your guy!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Just one more pick. I complete the trade for 5.09 and I will have traded for every single pick in the 5th round. Yes, even my own.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

mega dy posted:

I freakin' love Derrick Henry. Same with Nick Chubb for me as well.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

mega dy posted:

I can’t argue with this at all :hellyeah:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quiet Feet posted:

Just one more pick. I complete the trade for 5.09 and I will have traded for every single pick in the 5th round. Yes, even my own.

DRUNK NERDS MAKE THE TRADE

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Silly Burrito posted:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

mega dy posted:

This is why I'm a "Never draft an Atlanta Falcon" guy.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

This.

Silly Burrito posted:

This is why I'm a "Never draft an Atlanta Falcon" guy.

And along these lines I will not touch a Cowboy. gently caress the Cowboys.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

This.

And along these lines I will not touch a Cowboy. gently caress the Cowboys.

Good. Don't touch my Cowboys in the 20.

Note: I don't draft many Cowboys either.

Second Note: Meta-psyching you out.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Quiet Feet posted:

I am so curious to find out who you are even after in the 5th round. If you gave me the entire 4th round this year, I could find targets. But the 5th? I don't know.

I really hope Jerreth Sterns makes the cut.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Tiptoes posted:

I am so curious to find out who you are even after in the 5th round. If you gave me the entire 4th round this year, I could find targets. But the 5th? I don't know.

I really hope Jerreth Sterns makes the cut.

I'm.gonna be honest with you, I didnt stop and think about things like who's available or, well, much of anything when I began this project.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Sometimes you gotta just Do The Bit

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Imagine a world where rb1s have 1/25th the chance of getting injured. This is your world if you draft qbs where you would normally draft rbs.

Also I made the trade. Didn't even look at it

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
It Happened

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

It is done.

Thanks Drunknerds!

Said it elsewhere but I feel like a dog that caught a car.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quiet Feet posted:

It is done.

Thanks Drunknerds!

You did it man, congrats!

That's goddamn amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Quiet Feet posted:

It is done.

Thanks Drunknerds!

This is amazing.