Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
*consults nerd charts*
“gently caress, he’s got us 1-2, right where he wants it”
*signals walk*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what if tony is helping jerry reinsdorf throw the season so he can finally move the sox to tampa

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

some nerd at MLB.com wrote about the Dodgers and folks, they're pretty good!

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I for one at shocked that the hands down best team in baseball is the best team in baseball.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Maybe the Jays pitching just is cool and good and owns and so on and so forth

lol

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

https://mobile.twitter.com/PitchingNinja/status/1561013047199731712?t=_EIWxXMWE28-DWis18VIeA&s=19

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
e: nvm wrong guy

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Sydin posted:

I'm half convinced it only got called because the umps are salty about players being vocally mad about them this season. The ump union just issued a statement hitting back against players being vocally upset about the way they've suddenly started enforcing the Posey rule this week after not really enforcing it much at all for like a decade.

Once again tapping the sign

https://twitter.com/GrantBrisbee/status/1560665444544958464

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/EvanPetzold/status/1561061309189427201

:negative:

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Angels fans: is there any reason to think the Angels might do anything to push back any Ohtani starts? The Angels are coming through Toronto and I am trying to time up if Ohtani is pitching (looks like it'd be Friday, I think).

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
cool, didn't know this but Elvis Andrus had a plate appearance clause where if he got over 550 or whatever it would have triggered a player option for next year. thankfully the A's sat him a lot to let call ups play and cut him before Andrus put poor broke owner Fisher on the street (only worth 3b or so, he's the poorest billionaire at the gala oh no). congrats to the athletics ownership and office doing everything they can to piss off their fans

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
You can get +1400 odds on the Yankees not winning the division still.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

great, you'll never have to work again. you've been very right forever about how loving bad the yankees suck so it's awesome you can bet the farm on this

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

maffew buildings posted:

great, you'll never have to work again. you've been very right forever about how loving bad the yankees suck so it's awesome you can bet the farm on this

I did bet on it but I'm not going to say how much lol

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Hand Knit posted:

Angels fans: is there any reason to think the Angels might do anything to push back any Ohtani starts? The Angels are coming through Toronto and I am trying to time up if Ohtani is pitching (looks like it'd be Friday, I think).

He's scheduled to start tomorrow and next Saturday, I believe, but his start tomorrow might get rained out so your best bet is probably Saturday or Sunday

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Johnny Bravo posted:

He's scheduled to start tomorrow and next Saturday, I believe, but his start tomorrow might get rained out so your best bet is probably Saturday or Sunday

Well I hope it's rained out because Saturday is the Jays' "92 Celebration day" and tickets are closing in on $100.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Ohtani just hammered a ball into his right foot, wouldn't be surprised if it gets pretty sore and he might miss a day. He wears a pad but he got himself right on the big toe which wasn't protected.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Once again tapping the sign

I've never understood Brisbee's need to defend Posey's manly courage on this narrative. In the "do nothing" years Bochy still lobbied like hell for it, the Giants org gets a lot of credit/blame for it passing and they probably wouldn't have bothered if their star player hadn't been injured in a collision.

So maybe some fans (probably of the STL and LA varieties but still) revise history and pretend Buster is some spineless wimp who cried to the Commissioner after his anky hurt. Oh well. There's people all the way back to Ray Fosse who have taken career-ending injuries in meaningless games from home plate collisions, honestly splitting hairs over who is to blame for this seems like conceding to people who think things were better the way they were than are now. This is one of those "thanks Obama" things where I say progress is a good thing regardless of who you want to call the catalyst.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

https://mobile.twitter.com/the_ryan_shull/status/1560971378152673280?s=21&t=wO5CpMCxJq3ZTWfCXsr2YQ

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

263 pffffftt hahahahaha he even broke the + metric

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Craptacular! posted:

I've never understood Brisbee's need to defend Posey's manly courage on this narrative. In the "do nothing" years Bochy still lobbied like hell for it, the Giants org gets a lot of credit/blame for it passing and they probably wouldn't have bothered if their star player hadn't been injured in a collision.

So maybe some fans (probably of the STL and LA varieties but still) revise history and pretend Buster is some spineless wimp who cried to the Commissioner after his anky hurt. Oh well. There's people all the way back to Ray Fosse who have taken career-ending injuries in meaningless games from home plate collisions, honestly splitting hairs over who is to blame for this seems like conceding to people who think things were better the way they were than are now. This is one of those "thanks Obama" things where I say progress is a good thing regardless of who you want to call the catalyst.

when it comes to stuff like this I ask myself 'does it piss off Goose Gossage?' and if it is a yes then it's good

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

mdemone posted:

263 pffffftt hahahahaha he even broke the + metric

Bonds in 04 had a .609 OBP, largely because of 120 IBBs (although he also had 112 unintentional walks).

He also had an .812 SLG, but yeah anything OPS related got completely broken. 233 wRC+ which obviously is ridiculous but significantly lower than the OPS+.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Good news on Yordan.

https://twitter.com/Chandler_Rome/status/1561079112256692225?s=20&t=ETHV9YgyyesmwcGsaVCpRQ

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The Yankees having a 2011 Red Sox level collapse is comedy at this point

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

.609 OBP nothing, check out his K/BB ratio in 04.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Does slamming the table make you feel better Yankee fans

https://twitter.com/TalkinYanks/status/1561092449694515209?s=20&t=YbcaDuMP5EmAHt1hKxsr-g

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Nope! Just total eyewash at this point

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

lol this is some weak Selena Meyer bullshit

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

No because he's been saying the same poo poo for the last month

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/TalkinYanks/status/1561085982211842048?t=sxpsZxformSo6yuZZDHtBw&s=19

The Yankees are the most dramatic fanbase I swear to God

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Boone is like a bottom 5 manager in the majors but this isn't his fault. The team just isn't any good.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

I mean they’re the worst team in baseball in August lol, I think fans are allowed to be pissed

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/MLBONFOX/status/1561039148752019457
Rosenthal says he expects Atlanta to release Ozuna and eat the money, but not "until the legal process is resolved." About what I expected; Rosenthal didn't say but I'd assume he won't be on the postseason roster if he is still on the team at that point.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Rosenthal says he expects Atlanta to release Ozuna and eat the money, but not "until the legal process is resolved." About what I expected; Rosenthal didn't say but I'd assume he won't be on the postseason roster if he is still on the team at that point.

That should do it for him. The "from the Braves" poo poo he tried to pull didn't help

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Professor Funk posted:

I mean they’re the worst team in baseball in August lol, I think fans are allowed to be pissed

Teams go through bad streaks! Did they think they were gonna win like 110 games? I mean c'mon.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Spoeank posted:

Teams go through bad streaks! Did they think they were gonna win like 110 games? I mean c'mon.

No, they thought they were gonna win 120

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

IcePhoenix posted:

A-Rod won in 2003 on a Rangers team that was 71-91, which is almost the exact pace the Angels are on now (.438 winning % instead of .437), and finished last in the division.

Andre Dawson won in 1987 on a Cubs team that was 76-85 and finished 6th in the East.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Ya I imagine they'll wait since once mlb suspended him they'll save a few million.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

STAC Goat posted:

what a revelation that if your a misanthropic narcissist who just poo poo talks everyone and predicts nothing but failure then you get to ignore when you were wrong and be smug when inevitably something goes bad for someone. Because that’s all you really enjoy anyway.

I been saying this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

What was the barrel rate and exit velo on that table slam?