Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which August 16th release are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Blossom Tales 2: The Minotaur Prince [PC, Switch] – August 16 12 21.82%
Rollerdrome [PC, PS5, PS4] – August 16 31 56.36%
Tribes of Midgard [XSX, XBO, Switch] – August 16 5 9.09%
Way of the Hunter [PC, PS5, XSX] – August 16 7 12.73%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Luigi has way too many mansions, why doesn't the mushroom kingdom have a wealth tax already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

Wait, there are three Luigi's Mansion games?

the second was on the 3DS and was mostly mediocre

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

They called the third Luigi's Mansion Luigi's Mansion 3

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I pre-ordered Great Ace Attorney because I'm an AA mark, it was a collection of games that had already come out and proven their quality, and I wanted to ensure I got a physical copy.

I think pre-ordering games that have already come out in other regions and been received positively is different from preordering games that haven’t been widely played yet. I almost never preorder anymore but I’ll sometimes do it if a game’s already been out in Japan for a while.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I smashed up one of his mansions in Smash once, so he is up to at least four mansions.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the second was on the 3DS and was mostly mediocre

I didn't really like the mission-based structure of the game or how split-up the environments felt but I suppose those were compromises for the handheld platform

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Rename Games forum to Digital Games and rename Traditional Games to Analog Games

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

FirstAidKite posted:

Rename Games forum to Digital Games and rename Traditional Games to Analog Games

Rename Games forum to "cheap games" and traditional games to "expensive games"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Cheap games that feel expensive and Expensive games that feel cheap

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

haveblue posted:

Luigi has way too many mansions, why doesn't the mushroom kingdom have a wealth tax already

it's a monarchy, of course the government doesn't care about justice or equality

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/LumpyTheCook/status/1561547086641766405?s=20&t=GK9ggg5B_1HRAywNtV4YEg

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
To Luigi's credit his last mansion was just a hotel he was staying at on vacation

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Wasn't that like a year ago?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
also is that really new, i remember Mass Effect posting stats on stuff like the most popular class choices and stuff like that

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Also is that anything to get riled up about, who the gently caress cares, this is not personal info they're sharing

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
the baldur's gate 3 devs are right

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
toxic dudebro gamers take another L

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Look forward to playing that when it's out of early access in 2025

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
tbh the modal choice probably isn't the most accurate in this situation. If there's a bunch of weird choices, but people tend not to use all of them, the mode for each one will be to not have the weird thing.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Sakurazuka posted:

Look forward to playing that when it's out of early access in 2025

it'll be nice to have that releasing alongside Hollow Knight Silksong

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the baldur's gate 3 devs are right

no the baldur's gate 3 devs are really dumb for calculating the average character creation choices and expecting it to be anything beyond a bland generic nobody.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That's not new, AAA games are heavily instrumented to, among other things, inform balance tweaks (this is how devs know for sure that e.g. a weapon is overperforming and needs to be nerfed). Plus if it's any kind of online game your save is probably already on their server anyway

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is human the average of elf and dwarf?

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

The hilarious part is most analytics usually show people just go with the defaults, but in BG3 the default is a half-elf.

The true surprise is people not switching to Fighter as well for true basicism.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Propaganda Hour posted:

Rename Games forum to "cheap games" and traditional games to "expensive games"

Hmm I can agree with this.

Waffleman_ posted:

Cheap games that feel expensive and Expensive games that feel cheap

Both of those apply to both forums!!!

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

almost wanna cross-post this in the bad data vis thread. showing only the highest-scoring value and none of the others is Not Great, there is a reason most charts show more than just a single data point.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Also is that anything to get riled up about, who the gently caress cares, this is not personal info they're sharing

The devs have the boobslider data on every game you've ever played...this is devastating

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the persona devs are threatening to email the boss saying i chose one of the lowkey sus and problematic romance options

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/1561825114823352320?s=20&t=jJQ0SApCmGDxV43BU0kLRw

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

waiting for jeff to post a clip of the partner saying "poggers" aloud so i can fully ascend to heaven

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Rinkles posted:

drat, I hope Volition survives this.

Wonder who’s to blame. Nordic, the budget, just bad management?

I'm almost positive I remember reading about Volition, between resignations and massive layoffs, having a massive talent drain after Gat Out of Hell and especially Agents of Mayhem sold like poo poo. I don't anyone who worked on SR 2, 3 or 4 is still with the company anymore.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

The devs have the boobslider data on every game you've ever played...this is devastating

No regrets

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Gat Out of Hell was a real nothing of a game, but boy did the flying feel great.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Vermain posted:

waiting for jeff to post a clip of the partner saying "poggers" aloud so i can fully ascend to heaven

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Help Im Alive posted:

It's a classic tale of bad data analysis. The devs see everybody max out the sliders and assume that means everybody likes big breasts, instead of realizing that it actually means the slider doesn't go far enough.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

That's so bizarre it almost feels like a pro more than a con

I remember having the flu in 2011, and playing SR2 through a fever haze. It was surreal. I could be won over by a game also feeling like a fever dream.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Press X to jason hellzyeah

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

the new "and baby makes three"

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester