Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Suing Vince Gillian because I know the real Heisenberg. I’m a hundred years old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

escape artist posted:

I've never done meth in my life, nor will I. I don't care if you believe me or not. The book deal fell through, but we went to multiple lawyers to see how much we could reference Breaking Bad without any legal recourse. I could disprove you, but I'd rather not associate with any of those loving psychos again.

escape artist posted:

Actually they obfuscate the real process, for legal reasons. We couldn't post the entire formula for legal reasons, either. The Efidac base is what makes it blue.

But you know, hey, let's be douche bags instead when we could have an interesting conversation! :v:

edit: I don't even care whether or not you believe me. I'm pissed about not getting paid the money I was promised. You think I spend hours on the phone interviewing the scum of the earth for fun? No, it was because I figured it would be a better career move than editing stoned rich kids term papers. I was wrong.

lol

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Aug 23, 2022

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Suing Vince Gillian because I know the real Heisenberg. I’m a hundred years old

Are you certain?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

"Phat Turdz' Funkest Dunk: a christmas story" is also a really good line

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

he came back to own up to quite a few things a few years ago

escape artist posted:

This is misrepresenting the truth just as you've accused me of doing. I will admit to a lot of insanity, as I was abusing so many drugs and I was bipolar and admittedly delusional and often psychotic.

A career criminal/con man fed me a fantastic story about the blue meth, which I bought into. I parroted his claims before attempting to verify them, like a buffoon.

I tried stand-up for 6 months. Had a few good sets which made me have an ego. I brought that ego onto the stage and was properly taken down a few notches, and stopped doing it soon after.

Tempter tantrums and breakdowns are 100% true. Have since gotten medication managed and gone to rehab. I admit, I was absolutely batshit and didn't know anything close to normalcy until just recently. Paranoia, delusions of grandeur, lots of rage. All of these things are 100% true and characterized my life for many years.
Alternative accounts though? Not my thing, too much work, and I'm too cheap.

I dunno who gave me that custom title. Anyway I do have chronic back issues/pinched nerves. Dunno why that's relevant, but it definitely contributed to my instability. Those PMs were basically just people thanking me for creating The Wire thread (which Jerusalem turned into a classic thread).

I won't go into much detail but I have been working on myself, getting legitimate professional help, got clean and completed rehab.

I am truly sorry for all of the unnecessary drama though.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Shortest Path posted:

Sometimes pick was an extremely good poster and sometimes she was an extremely bad poster. I can't really decide whether I think the forums are better or worse off without her here. Certainly less entertaining though.

Yeah sometimes I thought she was quite funny and other times incredibly tedious

I posted this before I saw the warnings but I stand by it

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Aug 23, 2022

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

I was entertained by Pick's thread dissecting Shark Tale. I don't know if it was good film critique, because what the gently caress would I know about that, but I remember being entertained by it.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Lmao

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

pentyne posted:

I tried stand-up for 6 months.

An actual sign of insanity.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

lol drat

I'm posting from experience. If I can't act normal what chance do any of you have

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

some plague rats posted:

If we want to talk about specific Pick sagas that's fine but can we not do "was Pick a good poster yes/no" because it never goes anywhere good and people start getting weird very quickly

I try to save everyone the effort by never making any of the very good posts I think of because I would hate to confuse things.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I am the one who posts

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Nuns with Guns posted:

Talking about threads where bizarre poo poo comes out of nowhere made me remember the one strange/terrible/funny thing that happened in The Game Room once, which killed a thread in 6 posts:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3526864

Lmao so good

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

some plague rats posted:

lol drat

I'm posting from experience. If I can't act normal what chance do any of you have

The mod star really does change a person

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

pentyne posted:

It starts getting good here

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3548558&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=21

You can easily tell the insane person in the thread based off the fact they've since been permabanned.
holy poo poo, so glad to get introduced to "buddhist goon meltdown"

Mr. Mambold posted:

You really don't think you're awakened do you? Because if you do, their teasing you is the very best thing you could ask for to get over that delusion, and you should bow to all.

the worst thing is posted:

Not awakened, I never used that word. But I'm over the whole thing, and the rest is just obstacles to be patient about, rather than anything insurmountable. I'm still in the dark forest, but I see the treeline in the distance with the sun beaming through. I don't need anything to point out the direction of that treeline. You would do well to not put words in my mouth. This might be another example of failing to understand nuance.

Ruddha posted:

A young monk approached Joshu, saying, "Master, I have just entered the monastery, please give me your teaching!" Joshu replied, "Have you eaten?" The young monk confirmed, "Uh, yes I have." Joshu calmly replied "Then you should wash your bowl." The young monk's face got really angry as he screamed at him "That is retarded. Are you serious? Come on. Ohhh my god. That's not even what I asked for, talk about bad faith. I'm outta here."

Ruddha posted:

[in lotus posture] well that's like *leg starts cramping up* [strained] your, opinion man.

the worst thing is posted:

THE BUDDHA WAS DEAD BY THE TIME MAHAYANA TRADITION CAME AROUND. WHAT PART OF THIS DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND.

edit - I officially lost my cool. I'm out. I can't deal with this anymore. You guys win.

Ruddha posted:

Haha drat, sounds hard to be so close to being awakened. A lotta pressure.

I'm six feet from the edge and I'm thinkin'
Maybe six feet, ain't so far goooone

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
someone was banned merely for having performed an enlightenment speedrun

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I just wrapped my head around the goon wanting to roleplay as an SS officer who gets off on calling people out for preserving genocides in the name of time travel safety.

Isn't one of, if not the most common use of that idea, time travel to 'fix' things, is always that no matter how much you try to fix it, something worse happens? Like it must be the core conceit of the entire premise. You don't need an active genocide participator to smugly mention how many purges and mass murders they keep from being eliminated because of their job.

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

I just got done reading the goldmined sagas thread about Koala's March.

I don't even know how to put it into words.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

pentyne posted:

I just wrapped my head around the goon wanting to roleplay as an SS officer who gets off on calling people out for preserving genocides in the name of time travel safety.

Isn't one of, if not the most common use of that idea, time travel to 'fix' things, is always that no matter how much you try to fix it, something worse happens? Like it must be the core conceit of the entire premise. You don't need an active genocide participator to smugly mention how many purges and mass murders they keep from being eliminated because of their job.

The argument would be that the conceit that the timeline is like that is a literary representation of an embedded status quo that can and should be changed. Still an insanely lol cspam move to address that by role-playing as an ss officer

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Drinkslinger posted:

lol

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

The argument would be that the conceit that the timeline is like that is a literary representation of an embedded status quo that can and should be changed. Still an insanely lol cspam move to address that by role-playing as an ss officer

It's particularly wild because I guarantee he could have gotten away with it if he'd just submitted a non-Nazi psychopath. Like someone said earlier, it's basically a Game Room tradition to have one person playing a character nobody else in the game is comfortable with and for things to just limp along like that for a while, because roleplayers will put up with a lot of bullshit just to get a chance to play.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Ruddha posted:

A young monk approached Joshu, saying, "Master, I have just entered the monastery, please give me your teaching!" Joshu replied, "Have you eaten?" The young monk confirmed, "Uh, yes I have." Joshu calmly replied "Then you should wash your bowl." The young monk's face got really angry as he screamed at him "That is retarded. Are you serious? Come on. Ohhh my god. That's not even what I asked for, talk about bad faith. I'm outta here."

this remains one of my favorite posts of all time bar none

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

Can someone help me find the E/N thread from the poster whose wife woke up one day and went totally insane.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Drinkslinger posted:

“Wowzers”

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Drinkslinger posted:

The forums dodged a bullet there, unlike Lowtax.

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Marcade posted:

The forums dodged a bullet there, unlike Lowtax.
ahahahaha

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Upgrade posted:

Can someone help me find the E/N thread from the poster whose wife woke up one day and went totally insane.

You may have to be a bit more specific.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

DaysBefore posted:

I am the one who posts

thank you for your service

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I remember that thread, although I mostly recall it being very sad. IIRC the wife had an abrupt psychotic break, started swinging between being hostile to the OP and completely incoherent, and ended up in inpatient care, with the marriage not surviving. Something about the wife claiming that she and the OP were two different kinds of ducks? Really, just a very sad thread -- total "sometimes the brain breaks" stuff.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I've got a couple E/N sagas saved, most are either some form of complete idiot OP loving up their own life, or terrible poo poo happening all around that's not so much funny as just shocking to see like a car accident.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
"in order to be worried about preserving some sort of timeline, one would really need to detest the following ethnic groups:"

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

Antivehicular posted:

I remember that thread, although I mostly recall it being very sad. IIRC the wife had an abrupt psychotic break, started swinging between being hostile to the OP and completely incoherent, and ended up in inpatient care, with the marriage not surviving. Something about the wife claiming that she and the OP were two different kinds of ducks? Really, just a very sad thread -- total "sometimes the brain breaks" stuff.

I think this is the one! It’s always stuck with me.

There was another similar one where the wife just ditches the OP to run away with soneove online.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

DaysBefore posted:

I am the one who posts

I have to only make the worst posts I can, because if I exercised my true posting potential, my posts would shine like the silmarils, tearing the forums apart as everyone fought to possess them. :(

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Agents are GO! posted:

I have to only make the worst posts I can, because if I exercised my true posting potential, my posts would shine like the silmarils, tearing the forums apart as everyone fought to possess them. :(

Please stop the self deprication shtick, it is getting old.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Agents are GO! posted:

oh my god shut up

Overnight Blaze
Mar 7, 2017

Agents are GO! posted:

Just don't make bad posts it's not a funny or endearing gimmick

Overnight Blaze fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Aug 24, 2022

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Agents are GO! posted:

i'm dogpiling u

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Peachfart posted:

Please stop the self deprication shtick, it is getting old.

wasn't this positive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I remember when SAAN forum members invaded SA and a bunch of them stayed. One of them was something like ~xXx_aCiDrAiN_xXx~ who catfished a few goons (one of them was VorpalBunny) with fake photos and ended up causing a bunch of drama.