Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1563251881190649856

He might be a puppet.

I mean literally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discount Dracula
Aug 15, 2003

Nap Ghost

Blurred posted:

This is very stupid, but I think that's going to be their legal strategy (if you can call it that) going forward. They aren't looking to formulate a cogent legal defence, they're basically going to sit back and assert that the President of the US is legally untouchable and dare the DOJ to prove otherwise. They know that trying to prosecute a former president is going to require wading into completely unprecedented legal territory (reminder that Nixon was never charged with any crime) that could spark a "constitutional crisis", and they're banking on the DOJ not having the stomach to go through with that. They'll blithely assert that Trump is above the law and invoke any legal chicanery they can to sustain that illusion, because they're operating on the presumption that the establishment really doesn't have the will to go through with the many years of divisive legal proceedings - with severe ramifications for the future of the executive branch - that will be required to prove otherwise. They don't need to win the legal battle, they just need to make sure they other side doesn't either. I just really hope they're wrong about all this.

By that logic they would give Dark Brandon and all future US Presidents supreme authority over everything. Hail Satan you short-sighted halfwits.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Desantis says “Parkland related” but this is Desantis we are talking about

quote:

Even four years after the events of February 14, 2018, the final report of the Grand Jury found that a safety-related alarm that could have possibly saved lives at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School 'was and is such a low priority that it remains uninstalled at multiple schools,’ and 'students continue to be educated in unsafe, aging, decrepit, moldy buildings that were supposed to have been renovated years ago,’" the press release states.

"These are inexcusable actions by school board members who have shown a pattern of emboldening unacceptable behavior, including fraud and mismanagement, across the district," the press release continued.

The final report from the jury found that these specific board members had mismanaged the SMART Program, a multimillion-dollar bond that was created to address school safety and renovation initiatives.

"The Statewide Grand Jury also found that the Board was aware of serious problems with the SMART Program, including former Superintendent Runcie’s inability or unwillingness to manage those problems, yet did not take action," the governor’s office stated.

The jury recommended the suspension of the four school board members, and had noted a fifth member, Rosalind Osgood, who no longer serves on the board and is therefore not subject to the Governor’s executive suspension authority.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

priznat posted:

DeSantis as Fl gov is basically Nathan Explosion being gov without the charisma or musical talent

scrambles the death dealer

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/status/1563236808087207937

Yup, he's one of those crazy old men you hear about.

Listen to the guy. They thought he would provide some insight?!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/RpsAgainstTrump/status/1563239590496190464?s=20&t=nWJpy6eFk3BZb5uBcvvdZw

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

I demand that jeff take out a ppp loan, and then ppp loans for every user and give them users the money.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Kung Food posted:

This is actually scary, road to fascism stuff. You can't just fire elected officials and replace them. This is at least the second time he has done this.

Apparently you can according to Florida law

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0100-0199/0112/Sections/0112.51.html

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

The Last Call posted:

https://twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/status/1563236808087207937

Yup, he's one of those crazy old men you hear about.

Listen to the guy. They thought he would provide some insight?!

"If the text is covered over like that it's no backsies, finders keepers, you snooze you lose and move your feet lose your seat!" Future SCOTUS ruling in a stunning 6-3 decision.

Trump is sworn in as 47th POTUS the next day.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Alaska?

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Great jumping Jehosephat

https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1563250787392061440?s=21&t=fu7JvVYjIDoJfxuKpjUf3A

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1563246371045789696

From the people who never ever called other people names and made stuff up.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Murkowski is probably fine and they have to prop up loser JD Vance

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I like how they didn't and never turn out to be threatening fascists, just really desperate incumbents who always behaved lovely and loud.

The nebulous threat sure does help them coast along on bark rather than bite though. And keeps them looking strong and mean on paper, where...lol

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Wow! The party of small hands-off gubmint!!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I never tire of these

I’m JP Sears

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...
I mean, we all knew it was going to happen, but the screaming and crying about the redactions not revealing names so the cult could go shoot up some homes is amazing.

They were so, so banking on being able to throw down death threats and every witness intimidation tactic imaginable to help bail out their Dear Leader, and then... nothing.

By the time this hits the courts, they're going to have to have the witness entering the court with full face masks on and have a literal military presence keeping cameras away. These people will be looking to murder someone at that point.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Wow, DeSantis has a history of prior lovely and defensve idiocy? Since his election you say?! He must be popyoolar. lmao

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Wow, Ben Garrison 100% right on something for once. The text portion talks about how he was able to put himself through college by working nights and that’s impossible now.

Crazy.

If I remember correctly he had one of a giant police boot stomping down on people during the first part of the BLM protests. Broken clock and all that.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I never tire of these

I’m JP Sears

I love these:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I never tire of these

I’m JP Sears

Desperately searching for Carpiss Bunson and Mmmm..Mlurp

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Discount Dracula posted:

By that logic they would give Dark Brandon and all future US Presidents supreme authority over everything. Hail Satan you short-sighted halfwits.
Biden appoints his son to the imperial seat, and America enters a new golden age under the wise everyman rulership of Emperor Hunter.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

I never tire of these

I’m JP Sears

Is Randy Houser Cole Housers brother attempting to cash in on some Yellowstone fame by pretending to be a cowboy?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

This reminds me:

When the uneventful serving of a lawfully ordered warrant VIOLENT FBI RAID first happened, this got posted:

AHH F/UGH posted:

How DeSantis responds to this will tip his hand about 2024.

If he cries about government overreach but doesn't mention Trump by name, he's not looking to run.

If he tries to protect Trump, he's looking for the VP pick.

If he defends the FBI and law enforcement, he's running.

Did he ever do any of these things (aside from I think he did some "this is concerning" weasel words), or did he pull a classic desantis and go into hiding while refusing to talk to the media except through press releases and carefully curated photo-ops?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

https://twitter.com/BenSmithDC/status/1563244005130768386

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

JP "bitch was ODing on me" Sears

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Hazo posted:

Did he ever do any of these things (aside from I think he did some "this is concerning" weasel words), or did he pull a classic desantis and go into hiding while refusing to talk to the media except through press releases and carefully curated photo-ops?

Seems like it was the first one. I think at that point there wasn't enough info for him to say Trump is cooked and he should run for 2024.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Hazo posted:

This reminds me:

When the uneventful serving of a lawfully ordered warrant VIOLENT FBI RAID first happened, this got posted:

I believe he has mostly been trying to assert his rule over the Florida Reich so I guess his plan is to ride his alligator cavalry into Georgia and become Fuhrer.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Come and hear the bad guy from The Wolf of Wall Street, yeah that tracks for GOP.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Hazo posted:

This reminds me:

He's pretty much kept his mouth shut and isn't trying to defend Trump directly that's for drat sure

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

I'm actually a grown MAN and I prefer

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

The spread -> :goatsecx:

The affidavit said multiple civilian witnesses, and I’m pretty sure SS is not civilian.

its also more than half redacted and specifically said that it does not include all of the information theyre working with. "we have lots of civilian snitches" is not the same thing as "all of our snitches are civilians"

let me dream, dammit <:mad:>

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

boz posted:

I love these:

Cracks me up 100% of the time.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/HeheWaitWhut/status/1562971904230559744?t=oppbUp96E8fcx7juWDGWqw&s=19

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh

I never tire of these

I’m JP Sears

These Street Fighter 2 ROM hacks look unplayable.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

vaginite posted:

My favorite alpha guy, Nick Satnotaotssaotna

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

My favorite alpha guy, Nick Satnotaotssaotna

The manliest of all the Santonastassos

edit: Is that a whole conference devoted to teaching guys tips and tricks on sexually assaulting women?

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

haljordan posted:

The manliest of all the Santonastassos

edit: Is that a whole conference devoted to teaching guys tips and tricks on sexually assaulting women?

Yes.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

haljordan posted:

He's pretty much kept his mouth shut and isn't trying to defend Trump directly that's for drat sure

Got it, so he's desantising. Hiding from the media means nobody can press him on his autocratic bullshit. It's remarkable how he gets away with it, but then again he's very specifically modeling his trajectory on trump who taught him that you can do whatever immoral thuggery you want as long as you never admit to it and have a base of very stupidly loyal chud followers.

vaginite posted:

I'm the Alpha Con using the greek letter Lambda as their logo :wtf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

"Yes, let's ALL go Brandon, Caller Last name at 888 Chudlane street. Is Debbie home yet?

*Click*