Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.

PsychoSoldier posted:

I'm not towncasing myself. That's a waste of time. I only do that if there are blatant misrepresentations to correct. The best I have for you is I wouldn't have voted Circl on D2 either of the times when I could have found an excuse to push Cena, which was a realistic wagon before Circl gained a bunch of momentum. Or even let it go to no lynch and hope we can flip things the next phase, or at least delay the chop.

I also easily could have voted binus instead of Plastic. In that world, I keep the roleblocker alive and could obfuscate my claim. But instead I forged ahead on Plastic. It's probably mitigated by the fact I was buying into what IA was selling about a binus/wolo world, but that also played into my reads and was making me doubt letting wolo go. I also wouldn't have locked myself out of shooting you. And likely would have shot you and tried to explain it after the fact because it would cause more of a WTF factor and people would be paranoid about wolo.

The fact you're trying to railroad me into casing you rather than considering binus is...interesting. I'm not sure you would take that route as scum? But it also makes you look like you're putting your neck out in a situation where the others are likely to vote me.

The reason why I don't want to just case you is because there's still a small chance it could be binus. Your progression into voting Circl is hard to reconcile, so I'm not quick to just say it's you. binus' tunnel makes their team unlikely, but it's also something I've seen wolves do when they don't play scum well.

So no, I'm not just gonna case you because I want to get it right. Cena is confirmed, that's true, but the only thing "confirming" binus is social reasons which isn't enough in XYLO

Well
Yeah I know binus is not cleared by mech but I think he would've been if Shell hadn't died that night since she said she would check him
Which tbh was probably a huge reason she died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Also
If it's binus we were already on L-1 from majority on a no-elim and he could well have hammered it and let the vig go through and kill someone else and win
Instead of spending his time in the thread telling Cena and me to unvote

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

WindwardAway posted:

Also
If it's binus we were already on L-1 from majority on a no-elim and he could well have hammered it and let the vig go through and kill someone else and win
Instead of spending his time in the thread telling Cena and me to unvote

He would have no guarantee I shoot you though since I already said I wanted to look at both of you

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Scum crippler
Scum roleblocker
Scum vigilante

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
At night, you may target a player to protect them from a killing action that night. You may do this three times in total on different nights. You may target yourself, but you may not target the same player two nights in a row.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
A killing action

For example, a scum night kill.

Or a town vig

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Do we all agree it would be bullshit for a scum vig to perform two kills

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I need to know why Cena recharged psycho

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

b-minus1 posted:

Was anyone roleblocked n2

Wasn’t there some talk of a redirector? Jfc I’m so confused

binus its very simple

i charged you n1

i was roleblocked n2, plastic was later outed as roleblocker

i charged psycho n3

i charged psycho again last night

im hard cleared because there is only one scum left by night 3. i would not have been able to kill and charge someone at the same time. my charges were verified by you and psycho.

i charged psycho because i felt last scum was either him wologar or wind and the math worked out. if two people would have died last night it'd be final 3 lylo.

but only one person died last night which casts psycho into doubt. the mathematically obvious solution is to charge him again which i did, and force him to shoot wind tonight. if he doesnt, hes scum and witholding the kill. if he does, wind dies and the game is over.

it removes any variable of night actions going wrong because it forces him to play with no room for an error in judgment on what action to make. the roleblocker is dead. there's no busdriver, because if there were they would have redirected his night kill to target me last night. if hes a scum vig he would not also be able to do a night kill, that's not how mafia works.

it's a very simple solution.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

also a scum vig and crippler on the same team makes zero sense because you can mathematically have the game on lylo d2, and they could have killed 3 people but didnt, in fact we have no verifiable proof a single vig shot worked they way it should have since every claimed vig shot has been crossed with another killing blow. having psycho shoot wind tonight removes all doubt from his claim, either he shoots wind and wind was last scum and dies, or he doesnt shoot at all because he's scum.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Ok. Thank you. I’m just extremely paranoid. And I’m mad at myself for not taking a stance to prevent an IA lunch.

##vote no execute

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

PsychoSoldier posted:

Only thing that makes me wary of going for No Elimination is the fact that if I miss and scum doesn't cross me again, that's two kills and it's game over
you shoot wind. nobody else. no wifom. you shoot wind or you die tomorrow.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Of course. Town psycho would have immediately posted “I am shooting wind” and advocated for a no execute.

Also psycho sat on the sidelines and watched while wind and IA went st it in the thread.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

b-minus1 posted:

Of course. Town psycho would have immediately posted “I am shooting wind” and advocated for a no execute.

Also psycho sat on the sidelines and watched while wind and IA went st it in the thread.

Yeah that's why I was "baiting" him by asking him to shoot me.
I think it should pretty obvious why I was trying to do that.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

JOHN CENA posted:

you shoot wind. nobody else. no wifom. you shoot wind or you die tomorrow.

He's gonna die tomorrow, lol
If I'm scum I can only ever be a ninja

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

JOHN CENA posted:

also a scum vig and crippler on the same team makes zero sense because you can mathematically have the game on lylo d2, and they could have killed 3 people but didnt, in fact we have no verifiable proof a single vig shot worked they way it should have since every claimed vig shot has been crossed with another killing blow. having psycho shoot wind tonight removes all doubt from his claim, either he shoots wind and wind was last scum and dies, or he doesnt shoot at all because he's scum.

My argument earlier for believing psychos claim was that he did actually insist he thought Never was a town kill
Which matched up with softing vig
But tbh, technically if Circl visited Never and Shell activated the kill, then Psycho wasn't lying, it was indeed a "town" kill lol.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
We still don’t know psychos claim. What if he can win with a successful nk

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
He could be a double voter

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i highly doubt it.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

b-minus1 posted:

He could be a double voter

Aren't double voters announced eventually? From my experience you never leave a double voter active and unannounced in XyLo. Regardless of if it announced publicly it usually gets disabled at this point, although the idea that a vig shot wouldn't be disabled kind of takes my point away...

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I mean yeah you guys are right. But if we are all certain that it’s psycho, lets just vote him

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

no I'd rather we stick to forcing his claim. if nobody dies we kill psycho. if i die you two kill psycho. if binus dies we kill psycho. if there is any other result besides wind being shot and killed, we kill psycho. cut and dry. no wiggle room. no escape.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

WindwardAway posted:

Aren't double voters announced eventually? From my experience you never leave a double voter active and unannounced in XyLo. Regardless of if it announced publicly it usually gets disabled at this point, although the idea that a vig shot wouldn't be disabled kind of takes my point away...
double voters are very rare here and often not implemented because of difficulties of getting them to work with votebot. typically governors and hated/loved mechanics are more commonplace.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

JOHN CENA posted:

no I'd rather we stick to forcing his claim. if nobody dies we kill psycho. if i die you two kill psycho. if binus dies we kill psycho. if there is any other result besides wind being shot and killed, we kill psycho. cut and dry. no wiggle room. no escape.

Lol
This was what I was trying to say earlier in the day but I used too many words
Cause I know it isn't me but I want us to have the best chance of winning, so that nobody else has any doubt that it's Psycho who's the last scum

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

JOHN CENA posted:

double voters are very rare here and often not implemented because of difficulties of getting them to work with votebot. typically governors and hated/loved mechanics are more commonplace.

Ah yeah, I can see that being a votefinder issue that has to be manually accounted for
The other mechanics aren't usually hidden, though, are they?
I mean, Psycho has been on the Circl wagon as well as the Plastic wagon and there was no early hammer, so unless he was exactly the last voter on both wagons, he isn't a double Voter

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Can you please hammer. I want this game to end

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Sure tbh, I was holding off cause I thought you didn't want early hammer lol.

##vote nobody

@Psycho, you shoot me and NO ONE ELSE.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: I hope Execute No One! enjoys their eternal nap!

Votecount for Day 5

Execute No One! (3): JOHN CENA, WindwardAway, WindwardAway, b-minus1, WindwardAway

Not Voting (1): PsychoSoldier

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 10th, 2022 at 9 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 1 day, 5 hours.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Mankind faces a grim night, assured that one of them will die. But for the first time since this nightmare began, they are not afraid. They refuse to succumb to paranoia and fear. No one shall have to die this day. Tomorrow promises a brighter future, if they can only hold out for a little longer.

No one was executed today.

Night Five has begun. Please submit your night actions promptly. The next day will begin as soon as all night actions have been submitted and processed, or 9:00 pm UTC tomorrow, whichever happens first.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

When the body is discovered early in the morning, nobody is surprised. Everyone knew that one of them would be sacrificed this night. Even so, nobody is happy to see more innocent blood spilled, as inevitable as it may have been. Gloomily, they accept that it had to be done, and steel themselves for their final, critical task. It ends today. Of this they are sure. But are their hands guided by angels or devils? Only one way to find out.

WindwardAway a.k.a. Ariosa, TOWN-Aligned Insomniac has been torn to shreds in the night.

quote:

You are Ariosa, TOWN-Aligned Insomniac. You win the game when all threats to town have been eliminated.

You passively learn the roles of anyone who visits you in the night, but not their identities or alignments.

Day Six has begun.

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 12th, 2022 at 9 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 2 days, 7 hours.

Hyper Crab Tank fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Sep 10, 2022

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##vote psycho

Cena visited me last night

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##unvote

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
[quote="b-minus1" post="526163811"]
##vote psycho

Cena visited me last night
[/quote

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

##vote binus

He apparently wants me to suffer until the bitter end. Touche.

If in some hosed up world Cena is scum, then congrats on the win

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

PsychoSoldier posted:

##vote binus

He apparently wants me to suffer until the bitter end. Touche.

If in some hosed up world Cena is scum, then congrats on the win

Lol

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Let's not forget you were the one that hard defended Circl while you were pushing Plastic. Which would make sense because Circl was the one with a claim that could have led to victory. Either you lunch Cena and Wind and win by D3, or you get lynched from Circl's list and Plastic is clear to burn through the rest of the list, or Plastic gets chopped and you get cleared to do the same.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

##vote psycho

:redhammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: PsychoSoldier was actually town, I can't believe you all.

Votecount for Day 6

PsychoSoldier (2): b-minus1, b-minus1, b-minus1, JOHN CENA
b-minus1 (1): PsychoSoldier

Not Voting (0):

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 12th, 2022 at 9 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 2 days, 2 hours.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Few of them yet live, but their resolve is stronger than ever. There is only a brief moment of hesitation before the fingers are all pointing in the same direction. You, they seem to say, you are the source of all that has plagued us. You are the one who will pay the price, and drat us all to the pits if this makes us into sinners. The pious mayor makes the first move, brandishing an oak stake and a holy symbol. Behind him stands the old peddler, grinning, urging the mayor along. Together the townsfolk close rank among the other young cathar among them who had not so long ago promised to rid the village of all its evil for them.

To her credit, she does not flinch or cry out as they advance. But her eyes betray her anxiety, flickering to and fro, as if searching for an escape route. Step by step, the grim townsfolk advance, moments away from dragging her off to the execution grounds.

Moments before their hands would grip her arms, the nervous twitch of her mouth turns into a snarl, sharp fangs bared to the crowd. The glamer collapses at last. The vampire vaults into the air with a screech, scrambling across rooftops, shouting curses at the town as she disappears into the dusk.

PsychoSoldier a.k.a. Anje Falkenrath, SCUM-Aligned Self-Recharging One-Shot Juggernaut has been driven from the village.

quote:

You are Anje Falkenrath, SCUM-Aligned Self-Recharging One-Shot Juggernaut. You win the game when a majority of living players are scum, or nothing can prevent this from happening.

When you perform your faction's nightly kill, you may choose to have that kill be unable to be blocked, redirected or protected against. You may only do this once. However, after doing so, if you perform the factional night kill on a subsequent night, you will recover the use of this ability again.

Harried, exhausted, the surviving townsfolk feel as if a weight has been lifted from their shoulders at last. The final threat has been eliminated. They are safe - as safe as humanity can be on Innistrad, at any rate. Though so many have died, those who remain will sleep safely in their homes tonight. What happens after that, only time will tell.

The game has ended in a TOWN VICTORY!

JOHN CENA a.k.a. Old Rutstein, TOWN-Aligned Recharger has survived the game!

quote:

You are Old Rutstein, TOWN-Aligned Recharger. You win the game when all threats to town have been eliminated.

Each night, you may target another player. If that player has a limited-use action that they have already used, you will restore one use of that action. Some actions might not be rechargeable this way, and you will not be told whether your target actually received a charge or not.

b-minus1 a.k.a. Kolman of Gatstaf, TOWN-Aligned Vanilla has survived the game!

quote:

You are Kolman of Gatstaf, TOWN-Aligned Vanilla. You win the game when all threats to town have been eliminated. You have no powers beyond your vote.

Thank you all very much for playing. The Discord channels will be unlocked shortly and the full game history will be viewable to everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i am the gratest