Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I meant for all types of scopes, but yeah having to actually find a regular rear end 1X scope is extra extra dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Herstory Begins Now posted:

The thing that sets OW apart from the other games where you buy/unlock heroes is that Overwatch is built literally from the ground up around the premise that people switch heroes to counter other heroes mid game, which means that not having all the heroes unlocked is a huge competitive disadvantage for you and your team. before the issue was that your team mate would refuse to switch to (or was bad at) the appropriate counter, but now, potentially, your team mate might also be unable to switch to the appropriate counter. Other games that use a similar system are almost 100% games where you pick a character before the game starts and because characters need to be not auto-losses, are balanced to be more generally viable and to have fewer hard counters.

basically the issue is that overwatch is explicitly balanced and designed around each team having equal access to the hero pool. One team not having access to a bunch of the cast is a huge disadvantage relative to a team with full access. It's bizarre and I can't imagine the design team was on board with it.

Exactly. Heroes are the main way you kill people in that game. Locking a hero behind a battle pass in Overwatch is basically akin to locking the R301 behind a battle pass in Apex. Apex players would be as outraged if they did that as OW players are about heroes getting locked

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

dragon enthusiast posted:

congrats you were right

If they are adding havoc to crafter, that fucker better come with turbocharger. Like when they added hammerpoint to the RE. I like the idea of adding hop ups to crafter weapons, makes them actually worth crafting

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

DrunkPanda posted:

If they are adding havoc to crafter, that fucker better come with turbocharger. Like when they added hammerpoint to the RE. I like the idea of adding hop ups to crafter weapons, makes them actually worth crafting

It should come with Select Fire

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
The havoc laser beam was cool though and they should have made that permanent

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Daztek posted:

It should come with Select Fire

you should be able to equip both select fire and turbocharger to that gun. rework the single fire a bit if you have to, it used to be poo poo garbage anyway.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
The havoc single fire was them being extremely wary of adding a hitscan gun to a BR. Then like the next season they added the charge rifle and lol lmao the rest is history.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7tXRWzFMn4

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Mercury_Storm posted:

I meant for all types of scopes, but yeah having to actually find a regular rear end 1X scope is extra extra dumb

I feel like adjustable 1x-2x scopes should be a thing and wouldn't be game breaking. Or 1x-1.5x or something

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?
give loba heirloom now :unsmigghh:

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Gun game is a lot of fun, probably more than control, but you are absolutely throwing if you don't run a vert mobility character like Valk/horizon/vantage/path

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I got randomed in the gungame mode as Loba because someone picked my character, and her ult doesn't do anything. There's nothing in the shop. Not exactly the most balanced, character wise.

That said I did win that round, so

Cicadalek fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Sep 20, 2022

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
For some reason I dont like the Loba heirloom. It just doesnt fit dunno why

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
you can use her ult as lovely portable cover

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Gun Game owns and needs to replace arenas entirely. There's new animations for syringes/med kits/shield cells/etc and they look really nice.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Her heirloom should be revenant'ssource code, literally his human head in a jar or something, just for all the cool lines that would spawn.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Make it like the GLaDOS potato

"I would have finished that kill, just like I did to your parents"

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I just figured brass knuckles or something. I dont know why but that feels more Loba than a bladed fan

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
What's this heirloom of which you speak?

I don't suppose the game will move to Unreal Engine 5 at any stage in the future? I love the gameplay but the graphics and especially the lighting are very much of the last gen era. Presumably when the Xbox One/PS4 era machines constitute a minute proportion of the systems out there they might switch over?

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I don't suppose the game will move to Unreal Engine 5 at any stage in the future? I love the gameplay but the graphics and especially the lighting are very much of the last gen era. Presumably when the Xbox One/PS4 era machines constitute a minute proportion of the systems out there they might switch over?

I think its unlikely due to TF stuff all being source. But honestly who knows

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
The amount of work it would take for them to swap engines when they still can't say, accurately nail down audio issues etc...I don't think that'll ever happen.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

WattsvilleBlues posted:

An engine switch is a tremendous amount of work. The only way Apex would ever be on UE5 would be if they made an entirely new game in it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

WattsvilleBlues posted:

lol

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
I was thinking since the mobile version is built in Unreal Engine it might be on the cards. Suppose they could just upgrade the Source engine in future though. As-is it really doesn't tax the new consoles at all.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

they did port the entire game to unreal engine 4 for the mobile version :v: e;fb

that was to open up the game to a new market though, the port will pay for itself

repiv fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Sep 20, 2022

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I was thinking since the mobile version is built in Unreal Engine it might be on the cards. Suppose they could just upgrade the Source engine in future though. As-is it really doesn't tax the new consoles at all.

The mobile version may as well be an entirely different game, and it was made by a different developer studio entirely.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
gungame should be 2 teams of 6 or free for all. 4 teams of 3 just makes it third party simulator.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Bottom Liner posted:

gungame should be 2 teams of 6 or free for all. 4 teams of 3 just makes it third party simulator.

Yeah not to be a whiner (i need to get gooder) but it feels like I'm constantly doing like 90% of the work only for someone else (Teammate or otherwise) to come along and lightly graze them for a kill.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Tokubetsu posted:

Yeah not to be a whiner (i need to get gooder) but it feels like I'm constantly doing like 90% of the work only for someone else (Teammate or otherwise) to come along and lightly graze them for a kill.

If it's your teammate, that's the same progress. Even better if you have a good gun and you feed them past a poor one.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

FYI the throwing knife is available in the firing range if you want to get a feel for it outside of a match

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
It should really speed up your shield Regen if you kill someone.

Kinda sucks getting a fight win and then knowing you're hosed because 8 enemies just heard you win and know you're a free upgrade.

Also horizon is so, so busted on these maps lol

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

I stink and i find gun game is great for improving my movement and aiming.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Gun game is great for a warmup (and to figure out if I'm having one of those days where I shouldn't bother)

Naturally I picked Mirage because winning isn't worth it if the entire game isn't a huge clusterfuck.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

repiv posted:

FYI the throwing knife is available in the firing range if you want to get a feel for it outside of a match

I found it hilarious yesterday how long some teams spend not winning the game after getting to the knife, which is basically just a higher damage Bocek, but it's perhaps an acquired taste.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Gun game is for the most part good.

Rampage, Triple Take and Charge Rifle are my bane, even though I'm fine with them in BR.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm fine with the Triple Take and even the Charge Rifle.

The Rampage just feels like molasses since there's no thermite.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

repiv posted:

Where is it in the firing range? I can't find it for the life of me.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Relyssa posted:

Where is it in the firing range? I can't find it for the life of me.

By the reds

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
So this has only happened on Skulltown so far, but I've had it where I spawned in front of an enemy team, away from my own.

Unsurprisingly, that team gets a free level up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I guess Respawn just doesn't want people fighting in the ring ever. I didn't know it was even possible to make it harder to see in the ring. I like the new heal animations though.

Rubellavator fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Sep 21, 2022