Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

Shindragon posted:

Which is why I'm still hoping whatever they have for Hank for the movie, even if it short it delivers on his growth.

He's gonna join the guild and arch dean. Who am I kidding, doc and Jackson would never use a plot twist that predictable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Beard Dandruff posted:

He's gonna join the guild and arch dean. Who am I kidding, doc and Jackson would never use a plot twist that predictable.

He steals the presidential time machine and arches Jonas.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Chieves posted:

Eh, Mars and Jupiter for sure. The other ones aren't nearly as huge in the public conscious.

That said, you'll recognize the tones throughout. John Williams was so inspired by Holst for Star Wars.

Gladiator uses Mars without even bothering to file the serial number off

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

pablo gbscobar posted:

Gary 100% would've posted here in the early/mid 2000s.

He still would be posting. He'd just be splitting his time between the movie, comic, and fitness subforums.

"Dude, I'm telling you, you can get sick gains without juicing. Let me tell you the Guild's super secret recipe for muscle building powder. On second thought, slide into my DMs if you want the deets."

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

pixaal posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&username=gary

Could it be gary? (I just searched to see if there was a gary thinking it was likely. Never read a post from this goon) I think Gary Fischer make more than 28 posts but maybe he was too busy with The Monarch.

C'mon now, I feel like Gary would give himself a sicker username than just his name

....or would he?? :tinfoil:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I think I found his account, but all his posts seem to be locked behind some forum I can’t see (216 posts, but nothing in the search results if I try to search their posts). Must be a guild sub-forum.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&username=viceroy

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
His goldmined [Ask] me about Henching threads are classics of the format, even if he did end up threadbanned from the Smurfs megathread after melting down when someone bought him a big red ASK ME ABOUT PAPA SMURFS BIG F***ING BEARD custom av

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

One female, that implies they lay eggs!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

pixaal posted:

One female, that implies they lay eggs!
they're both wrong, it is canon Smurf lore that Gargamel created Smurfette to infiltrate the Smurfs, so whatever their reproductive system is, it ain't dependent on her

(apparently more lady Smurfs appeared in later media)

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Where do Smurfs come from?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Belgium?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Belgium, like Smurfs, is not real.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

uber_stoat posted:

Belgium, like Smurfs, is not real.

It exists solely as a word for use in serious screenplays

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

Mraagvpeine posted:

I think it's a stork. Been a while, though.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

DACK FAYDEN posted:

they're both wrong, it is canon Smurf lore that Gargamel created Smurfette to infiltrate the Smurfs, so whatever their reproductive system is, it ain't dependent on her

(apparently more lady Smurfs appeared in later media)

Ok, sure, but the Extra Credits podcast informed me that adult male Smurfs have what's called the Smurfette Dream which signals that they are physically mature enough to sexually procreate with female Smurfs. So, mammal, actually, according to one section of weirdos on the internet that can't stop writing Smurf fanfiction.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

https://twitter.com/burgeroise/status/1574350667116085249

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I just wanted someone to yell smurfs don't lay eggs.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Mraagvpeine posted:

My theory is spores.

They are self-aware, mobile fungus. They don't just live in mushrooms. Those mushrooms are part of their lifecycle.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I'd definitely believe storks lay eggs, being aquatic and all.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Gnome de plume posted:

Is this a reference to something or one of the most dizzying thoughts I've been presented with all day

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Sash! posted:

My theory is spores.

They are self-aware, mobile fungus. They don't just live in mushrooms. Those mushrooms are part of their lifecycle.

Smurfs aren't thallids!

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Gnome de plume posted:

Yeah just like dolphins

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Snorks, I meant to put
the Smurfs of the sea

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Whoaaaa. Better dolphin.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Hot dolphin! :haw:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

You dried up little keebler… YOU POISONED ME!

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Sash! posted:

My theory is spores.

This made me think that if they are spores then maybe a Smurf is a juvenile WH40k Ork.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

pablo gbscobar posted:

Gary 100% would've posted here in the early/mid 2000s.
If the arguments I've been in are any indication, Gary 100% still posts here.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
So it’s safe to say the Movie escaped the great discovery animation cull right? We would’ve heard about a cancellation by now I’d think

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

hatty posted:

So it’s safe to say the SMURFS ARE MAMMALS right? We would’ve heard about THEM LAYING EGGS by now I’d think

Good question! It's still up in the air, because some mammals lay eggs, and not everything that has hair is a mammal. I'm just glad you weren't talking about all those shows that were getting the axe, because talking about it raises visibility, and the best hope for Venture Bros: The Motion Picture (Now In Glorious EXTRA COLOR!!) is to stay under the radar. Talking about it too much is like flying an experimental supersonic jet over Ünderland.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

SpiderLink posted:

I think it's a stork. Been a while, though.

On a blue moon.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Papa Smurf has a beard, clearly mammalian

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

hatty posted:

Papa Smurf has a beard, clearly mammalian

I mean, that or something exposed to Goliath serum

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

hatty posted:

So it’s safe to say the Movie escaped the great discovery animation cull right? We would’ve heard about a cancellation by now I’d think

Stuff is still hitting so I'm not going to feel safe until I have the Blu-ray in my grubby hands

Final Space was just pulled for sale everywhere so they can vault it and write it off.

I would say if you don't already own the DVDs/blurays, stock up because you never know.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
In another thread, somebody posted that Amazon(?) was pulling access to digital copies of Final Space that had been purchased in their store. I feel like that's happened before (maybe with iTunes?). Like even if you paid a price commensurate to purchasing physical copies of these seasons, you're losing access to them--in this case likely forever.

EDIT: Here it is. I haven't vetted it myself.

So yeah, apparently purchase physical copies and/or pirate your media, because you don't ever truly own access to them otherwise.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Sep 29, 2022

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Smurfs is shockingly consistent about this, when they have the Smurf Babies they actually create a female one similar to Smurfette specifically so they have a female one to grow up with.

The Snorks also end up adopting a couple of robots meant to infiltrate them into their community and they become regulars, in similar fashion.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

In another thread, somebody posted that Amazon(?) was pulling access to digital copies of Final Space that had been purchased in their store. I feel like that's happened before (maybe with iTunes?). Like even if you paid a price commiserate to purchasing physical copies of these seasons, you're losing access to them--in this case likely forever.

EDIT: Here it is. I haven't vetted it myself.

So yeah, apparently purchase physical copies and/or pirate your media, because you don't ever truly own access to them otherwise.

I have pirated copies of VB for just this reason. I've bought them on physical AND digital so I don't feel bad about having a backup.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

pirate your media, because you don't ever truly own access to them otherwise.

:hmmyes:

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I seem to still have access to my Final Space purchases on Amazon thankfully. What sucks is only the first two were even released on physical media.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I can't remember what software it was off the top of my head, but I have something that lets me rip DVDs and Blu-rays (and doesn't seem to get tripped up by protection measures), so I buy physical and immediately make a backup to go on HDD; one day I'll turn it into a NAS so I can access them anywhere as well.