Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Child Trebuchet
Sep 4, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Rad-daddio posted:

My youngest son has a few guitars, and he took lessons for two years.

I scored a BC Rich Assassin guitar at a yard sale for forty bucks, and he can make that thing shred.

Have you ever jumped over one of your sons on a motorcycle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
My advice is: if you get the opportunity, definitely try loving. It's cool and something i do a lot, as an aging sexhaver. And if you don't like it, well, they say if you don't like something you just gotta taste it 11 times, then you'll like it.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

kntfkr posted:

I like hooker with a penis but the best tool song is when Paz puts her hair up in the A Perfect Circle Judith video.

I checked this out and it is indeed really cool, thanks kntfkr

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
;)

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Here's actual advice for everyone: I don't care who you are and the scenario you're in, wear a condom if you're going up a butt.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Edward Mass posted:

Here's actual advice for everyone: I don't care who you are and the scenario you're in, wear a condom if you're going up a butt.

Coward.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Really appreciate how the OP feels justified in removing any advice I might have, simply because I am a boomer. :colbert:

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Genesplicer posted:

Really appreciate how the OP feels justified in removing any advice I might have, simply because I am a boomer. :colbert:

You have to be a greatest or a silent at this rate.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
gently caress

voted 1 twice

Senor P.
Mar 27, 2006
I MUST TELL YOU HOW PEOPLE CARE ABOUT STUFF I DONT AND BE A COMPLETE CUNT ABOUT IT
Best advice:

Time is short. Do your best with what you've got.

Senor P. fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Sep 28, 2022

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

This '90's sage-words-of-spoken-advice-set-to-music is lately being played regularly on Australia's primo music clip show, Rage (it's like MTV back when it was a rock clip station and was good ):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTJ7AzBIJoI

The song is Everybody's Free To Wear Sunscreen by Baz Luhrmann, and I like all the advice in it, it's all good.

It's rather like a track that was a hit way back when (in the '80's or before, from memory), which likewise suggested not smegging too much with your hair.

Edit: Added link to clip, whoops.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Sep 28, 2022

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
i like this song but to pretend it's some deep message you gotta listen to is really goofy. lateralus and aenima are good, and I really like wings pt1/2 from 10,000 days because i like songs that are vibes and 18m songs rule.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Pladdicus posted:

i like this song but to pretend it's some deep message you gotta listen to is really goofy. lateralus and aenima are good, and I really like wings pt1/2 from 10,000 days because i like songs that are vibes and 18m songs rule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kLJp28usdk

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
gently caress college.
Learn a trade.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

Jay_Zombie posted:

gently caress college.
Learn a trade.

Na,

I was a Senior+++ when I finally dropped out. I have no degree. College was still very, very much worth the time.

I'd modify this to, 'Don't feel like College is the only way' and also add, 'College is about way more then the sheet of paper at the end'.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Whatever you do, don't. Or do.

TheAwfulWaffle
Jun 30, 2013
I had this roommate in college who would put a Tool CD on repeat, strip down to a pair of shorts and stand balanced on a basketball for hours at time.

My advice to the youth of America is to not do that.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Lol never click on videos

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Isn't MJK a sex criminal? I think some girls came out who were underage at the time and idk if those allegations were substantiated but...:chloe:

Oh yeah and they came out with another tool album like last year and I listened to it and it was pretty good! I think. I'm not 15 anymore though so into the trash. Don't drink MJKs wine either . That's my advice to all the many young people here.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I listened to the newest tool album and it was just screeches and bumps!!

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

:gas:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I don't think there are any teens here any more. But if there is one, my advice would be to leave the US ASAP. Unless you aren't in the US then it is don't come here, even on vacation. Maybe figure out how to move to Norway or Denmark. Learn the language and get involved in some field where they'd be happy to have you.

Or just watch the US slowly disintegrate into fascism and laugh about it, I guess.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Teens don't heed advice, OP.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Edward Mass posted:

Why? You afraid of making a butt baby or somethin?

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Edward Mass posted:

whatever dad

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

dont do meth :nono:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

don't listen to this guy. meth is really fun

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Don't get married, don't have kids, humanity is doomed. Get a puppy instead.

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh

Mooey Cow posted:

Why? You afraid of making a butt baby or somethin?

This guy hasn’t core sampled.

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

olives black posted:

Everyone 13 years of age and older needs to hear the song Hooker With A Penis by Tool at least once. Replace TV with Youtube/Twitter/Tiktok/etc. and the same very important lesson applies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzrRoDd9CxM

Tool is just the Grateful Dead for methheads

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

GundamHealer posted:

Tool is just the Grateful Dead for methheads

Like Tool, however, they had one or two decent songs

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Genesplicer posted:

boomer is a state of mind

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

olives black posted:

Like Tool, however, they had one or two decent songs

Now, multiply all those by the number of concert bootleg versions that exist.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Saalkin posted:

You have to be a greatest or a silent at this rate.

No, the Precambrian was called the "Boomer Age" because of all the volcanoes.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

if you dont like abortions dont have one

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Jay_Zombie posted:

gently caress college.
Learn a trade.

Basically this.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Years ago, I remember coming across Vice's A Beginner's Guide to Drugs for Girls, because it was 2011 and I was still reading Vice religiously. I thought it was amusing and sound and considered tucking it away for when my nieces were getting into their doing-drugs years. Then I completely forgot about it, until this thread suddenly made me remember.

Alas, while there are some good points ("NOTHING GOOD EVER HAPPENS AFTER 5 AM", "BEWARE THE LEECHES", "IF ON GAK, DON'T KODAK"), the whole thing is a lot grosser and less helpful than I remember.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

trust rhyming advice
gonna pay the price

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I just took a tremendous poo poo and I'm in absolute pain. My heart from the strain and my rear end from the blast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Don't trust anyone over 30.

But that means don't trust me.

So don't trust me that you can't trust people over 30.

Wait