Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1578464191832154112

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km40jvV5lhM

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

beat me to it

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
So the sword is a pet!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I was also picturing Kronk, so this makes me very happy.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Mary Poppins over here thinking he's cool as hell.

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS

Algid posted:

I think Battle Angel Alita definitely fits, forgot how the original series got published with flipped art and even had translated sound effects. I should go read Martian Memory.

i own literally all of battle angel alita it loving rules

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Desty Nova would definitely like to hang out with if not become Royalty.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kalli posted:

Desty Nova would definitely like to hang out with if not become Royalty.

Desty Nova unwaveringly lived his life by his own philosophy, ever striding forward to pursue his own goals without letting anything stand in his way and even Cutting a society down with but a stroke of a mere scalpel.

Desty Nova achieved Royalty with very little effort.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Desty Nova unwaveringly lived his life by his own philosophy, ever striding forward to pursue his own goals without letting anything stand in his way and even Cutting a society down with but a stroke of a mere scalpel.
Man, what a reveal.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Desty Nova achieved Royalty with very little effort.

reach heaven through flan

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Twibbit posted:

So the sword is a pet!

its a partner! Like Alita's gun at the beginning of Mars Chronicles

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Thundarr posted:

Mary Poppins over here thinking he's cool as hell.
Mary Poppins is very cool.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It's a Culture knife missile.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Oct 8, 2022

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
I feel called out by that alt text I absolutely was mentally providing my own soundtrack and I am indeed sure it's basically the same as intended

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAYhNHhxN0A

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

If the abyss gazes long into you then stare right back;
make it blink.
I heard the Pink Panther theme. Anyone else? Ok, I'll just be the odd one then.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

E. Revenant posted:

Nah, I thought of that one, too. But then I remembered mission impossible and it overrode it :v:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd3zMu707XU

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggqI-HH8yXc

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

E. Revenant posted:

Nah that was where I went first too. :3:

That level from Just Shapes and Beats is excellent though

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Given the extreme likelihood that it's Zaid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQCYwSRgNGI

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Yup, same.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

grate deceiver posted:

I don't know if I can even articulate it properly, but can anyone recommend any other media in the "reach heaven through violence" genre? Philosopher kings, warrior poets, clashes of ideologies, transcending humanity through one's sword/fists, killing God, mixed with buddhist/gnostic like cosmology, mysticism and ideas of enlightenment.

It's hard to pin down, but a couple of things I would put on this list:
TES: Morrowind
Furi
Fromsoft games
Forming
Prophet, the 2012 version
Lord of Light by Roger Zelazny
Shigurui? Berserk?

Games, books, films, tv shows, give me anything.

I feel it's not quite the story you are looking for, but you might like Unsong.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
The old ps2 duology Digital Devil Saga opens with an eternal war attempting to reach Nirvana, with lines like “Rend... Slaughter... Devour your enemies! There is no other way to survive.” And a cast defining their own humanity through violence and demonic transformations influenced by Hindu mythology that wouldn’t look astray in KSBD backdrops, and the story has heavy Hinduism/Buddhism influences about seeking enlightenment (through violence and love).

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

The 2012 revival of Prophet, published by Image comics, has a lot of Attack And Dethrone God energy, though it's mostly about a cataclysmic war fought with armies of weird clone soliders.

It's a great comic but the author is a creep and a sex pest because we're not allowed to have nice things, so idk, pirate it or buy it second hand I guess :smith:

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

The 2012 revival of Prophet, published by Image comics, has a lot of Attack And Dethrone God energy, though it's mostly about a cataclysmic war fought with armies of weird clone soliders.

It's a great comic but the author is a creep and a sex pest because we're not allowed to have nice things, so idk, pirate it or buy it second hand I guess :smith:

poo poo sucks, Prophet is really good. But luckily it's on every "free" comics site.

Thanks again for all the suggestions, even though I have seen most of them. Yes, I have been chasing this vibe for a while :v:
I have Cruelty Squad on my list, I will get to it one day. Another game I've been keeping my eye on is Dread Delusion. Looks like King's Field, but even weirder.

I also probably should check back with Alita, because I stopped mid way through Last Order last time. As far as samurai mangas go, I have probably read all the good ones. Vinland Saga also counts here I think, also very good and has the "sword good -> sword maybe not good" arc.

coolusername posted:

Digital Devil Saga

I played the SNES SMT's, a few Personas and I think the NDS one. Yeah, the vibes are really good. Half the time the game opens with the world ending and about 100% of the time ends with killing God, love it. But I'm maybe getting too tired of this type of grindy gameplay.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
Ok thread, I got another one for ya. This is an EA game, supposed to come out sometime next year, but something to keep an eye on. I played a little bit and like what I saw, but I'm waiting for full release so I don't spoil it.

Death Trash is not very mythopoetic I would say, but has a very cool K6BD-adjacent aesthetic. It's a post- or maybe even post-post-apocalyptic world tht is weird, alien and dangerous and strange meat grows out of the ground and colossal flesh titans roam the lands. You probably kill a god or something close to a god at some point, it seems like that kind of game. Mechanically it's an isometric action RPG. Kinda reminds me of Fallout a lot, but you know, realtime.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
I was recently turned on to the Cradle series by Will Wight which might meet the requirements. It's very Wuxia/Anime/Cultivation inspired and has a start from nothing to overthrow God/the system story.

Either way it's real good.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I guess the Sims is a cultivation series when you think about it. Yes, i know, different Will Wright.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1580907234984226816?s=20&t=1Tznd4hVErk_eKgGthTOcw

:unsmith:

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

habeasdorkus posted:

I guess the Sims is a cultivation series when you think about it. Yes, i know, different Will Wright.

Will Wight. No R.

What? No I definitely didn't make the same mistake repeatedly only an idiot would do that.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Allison has developed a nice trio of vices there, huh. Smoking, drinking and reading!

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

The last time it was just the two of them together was at the very beginning of the comic right?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

GlyphGryph posted:

Allison has developed a nice trio of vices there, huh. Smoking, drinking and reading!

I see she's taken the path of the academic

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Allison that many cigs is not good for you, there's a reason Jadis only gives you like 30 years left

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
"Look Zaid, Hansa makes it look cool okay?"

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Laughing Zealot posted:

The last time it was just the two of them together was at the very beginning of the comic right?

Alone together, yes, but they did get to talk when the party fully assembled just before Jagganoth showed up.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

There Bias Two posted:

I see she's taken the path of the academic

Depends on what she's smoking. Most academics I know usually forgo tobacco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

She's been eating her breakfasts.

But with that look I don't think she plans on doing any fighting. Or sneaking. Or anything proactive at all, for that matter.