Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

it's a medical student and hence an adult, the guy is making a joke about how lovely medical culture forces students to pretend to love every minute of their presence in the hospital.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/ElzeardSedgwick/status/1583024536580067328?t=TtQZdHCajQCYMistPzv3cQ&s=19

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Jose posted:

The person is surprised that the student they told could leave early did so

From reading the comments, he was sincere about saying that she could leave and was glad that she did.

Apaprently, in his field there's a culture of students hanging around past the time they're useful to show their work ethic or of teachers "testing" students that way and he doesn't agree with it.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/TheSesekriri/status/1582897795677114368

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

"So the police are your enemy, right?"

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I dunno about all pro gun leftists but is is stupid to be an American leftist and be pro gun imo

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

power grows from the barrel of a post

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Communist Thoughts posted:

I dunno about all pro gun leftists but is is stupid to be an American leftist and be pro gun imo

I don't know what you mean by "pro gun" but marx said “Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary” and I assume he knew what he was talking about

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
You know if batman had a gun he wouldn't have needed to become batman

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
The underlying thesis of Batman's anti-gun stance broadly is that the power of capital is stronger than any bullet

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
cant tell whata happening on the second page at all

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

whaley posted:

cant tell whata happening on the second page at all

Two-Face has planted a nuke at the top of each of Gotham's twin towers and is going to blow them up. Oh no! But Batman is clever, and disabled the nuke in the helicopter on the roof he is on. But he still needs to get over to the other tower, so it does not get blown up.

Batman has a rifle, but instead of shooting bullets, it shoots a grappling hook attached to a piton attached to the tower he is on. Batman then runs across the rope, but is shot in the chest by Two Face's henchmen. Oh no!

But Batman is clever. He is wearing a bullet proof vest.

He then uses his grappling hook rifle to shoot a line into the other tower, so he can swing over to it and beat up Two-Face, saving the twin towers from being blown up. It reads much more clearly on the page than it does on a screen.

A couple issues later, the Russians fire a nuke, which is detonated over Gotham by Superman, saving the place from total destruction, but also frying all the electrical systems across the city with a big EMP burst. A plane falls out of the sky, crashing into the twin towers.

But Batman stops all the bat-antifa guys from burning down the city, and instead beats up the gang members and then beats up Superman.

This comic was released in 1986

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
BUDDA NGG

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

drat horror queefs posted:

The underlying thesis of Batman's anti-gun stance broadly is that the power of capital is stronger than any bullet

this is the correct interpretation

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

*not a small business owner

Hyuh
Balls nasty

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

BONER
DON'T SHIV--

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

World War Mammories posted:

I don't know what you mean by "pro gun" but marx said “Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary” and I assume he knew what he was talking about

That old bitch barely shot anyone

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Didn't Bruce Wayne learn all of his skills from the League of Shadows

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

World War Mammories posted:

If you are a revolutionary you don't need or want the governments permission to have guns.

In the American context the proliferation of guns means their concentration in the hands of the petite bourgeoisie

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Maximo Roboto posted:

Didn't Bruce Wayne learn all of his skills from the League of Shadows
he went around the world on a huge pilgrimage learning from tibetan monks and poo poo along the way before he first ran into the League I think

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/slandermepls/status/1583135052883693568?t=42_kPqKyyhV7ErwjJAwB5w&s=19

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/ZackPolanski/status/1584533301900939264?t=5iY5h57HLolIA4QWZ2yYuQ&s=19

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

drat horror queefs posted:

its hard to take billionaire 'heroes' seriously when you are anywhere remotely cspam-pilled

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Palladium posted:

its hard to take billionaire 'heroes' seriously when you are anywhere remotely cspam-pilled

that's literally the point

If anything Batman is more in touch with material issues (not saying much) than say Tony Stark because of his untreated PTSD and at least is able to acknowledge the world outside his billionaire bubble

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

there was an episode of the wb batman cartoon where bruce has a nightmare about too many poor people asking him for money. he gets knocked out while disguised as a homeless person to figure out why they're disappearing, forgets who he is, and gets forced into labor by an operation that's kidnapping homeless people and making them work for company scrip. anyway after remembering he's batman and taking down the organization the big resolution to his arc is that he offers one of the homeless people he met a job lol

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
feeling intense physical pain trying to internalize that, thank you

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Flesh Forge posted:

feeling intense physical pain trying to internalize that, thank you

- feeling intense physical pain trying to internalize that, thank you

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

War and Pieces posted:

If you are a revolutionary you don't need or want the governments permission to have guns.

In the American context the proliferation of guns means their concentration in the hands of the petite bourgeoisie

Yeah there is for sure a difference between being pro gun control and anti gun. Like most subjects in American politics it tends to get defined by the positions of the two parties but we shouldn't let it. I think the cat might be out of the bag as far as the concentration of guns into the hands of reactionaries though.

This pushback on Jews all being bankers has gone too far. #JewsDon'tCount?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/Humble_Analysis/status/1584966708292648960?t=p1pL3hcMeITvvo0Ygv-FMA&s=19

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

[Skullface staring blankly at the player]

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

They probably call it something other than Long Covid in non anglophone countries

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
长冠状病毒病

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lib and let die posted:

[Skullface staring blankly at the player]

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

the watermelon defense...

And yeah people in the replies saw that when you, for example, look at the analytics for "covid persistente" instead of "long covid" in spain it basically matches! Crazy, that

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
https://twitter.com/MAJTOURE/status/1584955185767780352

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

That's a funny tweet actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

No I've posted about all this before.
You know, exactly as much as I've done to cancel Kanye.