Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I smoke out of a chillum mostly. I got illegal weed and I have to conserve it cause it's difficult to procure. Dynavap is great and all but I still run through way more weed that way. Somehow with a chillum I can make a half gram last me all day, just a few hits here and there and I'm doing fine. In a perfect world I would smoke joints all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

WampaLord posted:

edibles are great, i wish the retail trend was more brownies and cookies and less gummies. i might have to make my own.

i want my edibles to taste good, dammit

Michigan has a very solid variety for edibles, from gummies to hard candy to baked goods to tinctures to like just straight up flavored liquid now (zoot juice, its fuckin awesome)

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I need a weed device that's like an insulin pump. Trickle feed me THC all day automatically.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

Hang on my blood THC levels are too low, let me adjust the terp pump

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

WampaLord posted:

edibles are great, i wish the retail trend was more brownies and cookies and less gummies. i might have to make my own.

Unfortunately, the baked good market is tiny and shrinking compared to gummies. It's a mix of product cost and consumer preference moving towards gummies. A lot of edibles are moving towards effects-based products, which is a lot easier to do in a gummy than a baked good. If you want chocolates though, go to Massachusetts. They significantly overindex on chocolate compared to other markets and have a lot more there as a result.

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

I’ve been eyeing the magic butter machine for a while now. I vape almost exclusively and have so much ABV/vape poo saved it seems stupid not to. I don’t mind the measuring and I saw this video recently with holographic chocolate and now I’m obsessed with the idea of making chocolate that both looks and behaves with the magic that already lives in my heart.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I just cannot see the benefit of the butter machine over just making the butter in a pot. It feels like another in a long line of useless weed gadgets. That's just me, I've made butter tons of times and tbh I'd rather just eat decarb'd weed on some peanutbutter and be done with it...no need to make cakes and poo poo.

Leeching THC into an oil doesn't potentiate it. Rather you're still losing some in the plant that's strained out. Eating decarb gets you the whole enchilada.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I think I'mma make a little batch of butter, I have some spare wax and I'm wanting some edibles for this weekend. I've got a stick left from my last magic butter batch, but I kinda just want to throw an irresponsible amount of concentrate into a single stick and just let this week be forgotten lol

Unfortunately retail edibles are not doable for me in Washington, as it takes ~100mg to get me to my happy place, and that's a $30 pack of gummies lol

C'mon Washington, limit each container to 1000mg. It'll be fine! Right now it's 100mg max per package w/10mg servings.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

WampaLord posted:

Dilber posted:

Unfortunately, the baked good market is tiny and shrinking compared to gummies. It's a mix of product cost and consumer preference moving towards gummies. A lot of edibles are moving towards effects-based products, which is a lot easier to do in a gummy than a baked good. If you want chocolates though, go to Massachusetts. They significantly overindex on chocolate compared to other markets and have a lot more there as a result.

imo its unfortunate that the market is almost exclusively sweet foods, whether thats baked goods or gummies. i've done experiments at home with adding weed to pasta, or to pesto and chimichurri type sauces that can go on meat or fish etc , or to salads. its very versatile and actually has a flavor profile that works pretty well with all kinds of savory food, but instead all professional made edibles just mask the flavor entirely and hide in it extremely sweet stuff. i dont generally eat a lot of sugar and it kind of sucks that most weed edibles necessitate doing so

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Dilber posted:

If you want chocolates though, go to Massachusetts. They significantly overindex on chocolate compared to other markets and have a lot more there as a result.
I really wanted to try what looked to be basically weed M&M's when I was there this spring, but I never got the chance. :(

e: on second thought, those could be dangerous

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

You could make weed salad dressing pretty easy.

Don't be afraid to cook at home guys.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

LifeSunDeath posted:

I just cannot see the benefit of the butter machine over just making the butter in a pot.
I’m guessing it’s a lot less smelly.

yugioh mishima
Oct 22, 2020

Earwicker posted:

imo its unfortunate that the market is almost exclusively sweet foods, whether thats baked goods or gummies. i've done experiments at home with adding weed to pasta, or to pesto and chimichurri type sauces that can go on meat or fish etc , or to salads. its very versatile and actually has a flavor profile that works pretty well with all kinds of savory food, but instead all professional made edibles just mask the flavor entirely and hide in it extremely sweet stuff. i dont generally eat a lot of sugar and it kind of sucks that most weed edibles necessitate doing so

agreed with all of this and i'm also very surprised that cambodia-style happy pizza hasn't become a thing in legal weed america. or at least it hasn't to the best of my knowledge?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

This is my edible method, and I do worry about the odor:

break up some weed, don't grind it, maybe like a gram or 2. make a foil pouch, put it in there and crimp the edges real good. shake the pouch flat so the weed is spread out. put it in the toaster oven at 250 for 30-40min. let it cool down before opening and avoid a lot of odor release. sprinkle the weed on a spoonful of peanutbutter. it kicks in super fast, and tastes good imo, not all sweet.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

It's this, and it's "dump poo poo in, push buttons, wait a few hours, wonder why there's weird sounds coming out of your kitchen every so often"

Same reason I decarb in my instant pot, almost no smell, set and forget

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Earwicker posted:

I've seen cooking oil at the dispensaries in MI, never tried it tho. We also have the dissolvable fast acting packets, I like those but for different reasons

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
My dream is a flavorless sublingual delivery system like a Listerine strip. Without the burn, lol

Like give me a 20mg "patch" I put under my tongue that just poof, dissolves, and isn't a sticky nightmare to get into my gaping maw

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Tranq darts but with THC. Just randomly get darted out in the world and everything is ok....

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

LifeSunDeath posted:

Tranq darts but with THC. Just randomly get darted out in the world and everything is ok....

a brief sting and then... dang, was the sky always this nice today? is that a bird :aaa:

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
What's the deal with ABV? Due to this thread I've been collecting it sort of, and have about a teaspoon of it now. It helps you sleep if you eat it? How much/how fast/does it also make you high/etc?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

redreader posted:

What's the deal with ABV? Due to this thread I've been collecting it sort of, and have about a teaspoon of it now. It helps you sleep if you eat it? How much/how fast/does it also make you high/etc?

My understanding is that ABV is heavier on your CBD/CBG/CBN as well as still having some residual THC that was decarbed but not vaporizer, meaning the ABV theoretically should give you a pretty body-heavy high and make you sleepy. YMMV, dosing has been an absolute question mark for me, either too much or too little. But yeah it works and is worth keeping imo

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

bagmonkey posted:

My understanding is that ABV is heavier on your CBD/CBG/CBN as well as still having some residual THC that was decarbed but not vaporizer, meaning the ABV theoretically should give you a pretty body-heavy high and make you sleepy. YMMV, dosing has been an absolute question mark for me, either too much or too little. But yeah it works and is worth keeping imo

This is my experience with it yeah. Sometimes I'll get the itch and cap the ABV I'm making from the dynavap / arizer, and take them as I go, and I end up with a nice, comfortable "background high". Definitely a night time thing, lol

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
What is 'too much' like since I'm concerned about that? Just like "oh no I'm tired it's time for bed" or like "I'm vomiting and I want to die"?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

LifeSunDeath posted:

I need a weed device that's like an insulin pump. Trickle feed me THC all day automatically.

THC nanomachines, son

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Earwicker posted:

yeah this all sounds great, looking forward to incorporating weed into my cooking doing stuff like this

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

redreader posted:

What is 'too much' like since I'm concerned about that? Just like "oh no I'm tired it's time for bed" or like "I'm vomiting and I want to die"?

sleep of the dead for me. I think I took 4 caps on a Saturday night a couple years back and woke up very well rested Sunday morning when the cats wanted food, never moved from the couch

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

bagmonkey posted:

sleep of the dead for me. I think I took 4 caps on a Saturday night a couple years back and woke up very well rested Sunday morning when the cats wanted food, never moved from the couch

Sleep has always been hard for me. I've always been a night owl, but in my late 20s / early 30s I developed some uh real bad sleep problems. Sort of night terrors, just... weird poo poo. It was psychological, a result of my delightful life at the time, but whatever. I basically did not sleep right for a decade plus. I was constantly, profoundly tired. Even after this stuff had mostly resolved, I still could not sleep right. I was too conditioned to this hosed up cycle I had.

Weed makes me sleep like a person. I lay down tired and relaxed, and I wake up having slept. Like it's unreal. I am rested now, I sleep the entire night most nights, and like, I barely move. I am out. Nothing has ever done that for me before and for that reason alone I'll never give it up. The psychological impact of being able to sleep right, consistently, I can't quantify it. It's lifechanging.

I used to drink so much Nyquil / Zzzquil I was worried about the side effects on my vision (and I think maybe it did affect it a little). I wasn't abusing them, but I was taking them way, way longer than they advise. Melatonin did help too, but even then it was "this is still going to suck"

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Code Jockey posted:

Sleep has always been hard for me. I've always been a night owl, but in my late 20s / early 30s I developed some uh real bad sleep problems. Sort of night terrors, just... weird poo poo. It was psychological, a result of my delightful life at the time, but whatever. I basically did not sleep right for a decade plus. I was constantly, profoundly tired. Even after this stuff had mostly resolved, I still could not sleep right. I was too conditioned to this hosed up cycle I had.

Weed makes me sleep like a person. I lay down tired and relaxed, and I wake up having slept. Like it's unreal. I am rested now, I sleep the entire night most nights, and like, I barely move. I am out. Nothing has ever done that for me before and for that reason alone I'll never give it up. The psychological impact of being able to sleep right, consistently, I can't quantify it. It's lifechanging.

I used to drink so much Nyquil / Zzzquil I was worried about the side effects on my vision (and I think maybe it did affect it a little). I wasn't abusing them, but I was taking them way, way longer than they advise. Melatonin did help too, but even then it was "this is still going to suck"

I have severe ADHD and spent my life struggling on 3-5 hours of sleep until I discovered regularly using weed in my late 20s. It's been consistently improving sleep since then and after about a decade of being a daily smoker, I'm getting what I would consider good sleep regularly, so long as I make sure I get to bed on time. It's been loving amazing and I gotta say, CBN-based gummies are a loving GOD SEND for when my brain won't turn off and I need to get knocked out.

The other thing a lot of daily smokers don't talk about regularly but I'm pretty positive is a consistent or consistent-ish experience is that I don't really dream very much at all anymore. I remember less than one dream a week, mostly very very vague guidelines and the dreams never end up with me waking up in terror as I fall into a pit or whatever. Every time I take a t-break, I end up using Nyguil or whatever else to keep myself asleep, otherwise I'm up constantly

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Code Jockey posted:

My dream is a flavorless sublingual delivery system like a Listerine strip. Without the burn, lol

Like give me a 20mg "patch" I put under my tongue that just poof, dissolves, and isn't a sticky nightmare to get into my gaping maw

These exist, as well as oral sprays.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
My dream is a 10,000 mg candy bar. You know, why should I have to take a t-break?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Code Jockey posted:

Yep, same. Wish I'd taken it up a decade ago if only for this.

bagmonkey posted:

The other thing a lot of daily smokers don't talk about regularly but I'm pretty positive is a consistent or consistent-ish experience is that I don't really dream very much at all anymore. I remember less than one dream a week, mostly very very vague guidelines and the dreams never end up with me waking up in terror as I fall into a pit or whatever. Every time I take a t-break, I end up using Nyguil or whatever else to keep myself asleep, otherwise I'm up constantly

Yeah I noticed this as well. Can't say I miss it. Its interesting how every time I take a night off from weed my sleep immediately declines in quality and I wake several times a night and have much more vivid dreams.

Nigmaetcetera posted:

My dream is a 10,000 mg candy bar. You know, why should I have to take a t-break?

Nobody dying of a weed overdose should probably not be seen as a challenge, but you do you.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Carth Dookie posted:

Nobody dying of a weed overdose should probably not be seen as a challenge, but you do you.

Oh it also has to be cheap, or else it’s not sufficiently dreamlike.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Nigmaetcetera posted:

my dream is a pill I could take to reduce my tolerance to "a single 10mg gummy is my friday night" lol

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

bagmonkey posted:

sorry for the poo poo quality picture but this was $140 at The 8 Mile Clearance Weed Hut™

10g of flower is 120-150 grams here

I'm very jealous

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
so i have a bunch of tincture that i have no idea what the dosage is. what's the best way for me to turn this into edibles? do i say gently caress it and dump an entire jar into brownie mix?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I'm going to new mexico in november, I'm so excited to buy recreational weed. Yeah!

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

Gonna smoke a doobie on my balcony for shits and giggles because after all, why shouldn't I?

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Finishing up another week of on call and it's been a rough one. Can't wait for tomorrow morning.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Jestery posted:

10g of flower is 120-150 grams here

I'm very jealous

Weed is obscenely cheap in Michigan right now, it owns so frickin hard. I really wish I could just buy as much cheap weed as possible and preserve it because I know things will have to correct at some point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Sunk Dunk posted:

so i have a bunch of tincture that i have no idea what the dosage is. what's the best way for me to turn this into edibles? do i say gently caress it and dump an entire jar into brownie mix?

do you know how the tincture was made? That'd probably help determine how to use it, otherwise yeah just dump it and bake em and start small