Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Well, this was a quick story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy poo poo Carole do you not recognize MAJOR red flags when you see them?

Oh wait, based on the Loomis and Kingpin storylines, the answer is no!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

:lol:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

insanely curious as to how Peter stopping an ex-boxer mugger, who gets sent to jail with Daredevil as his attorney, DD who can detect lies and thus know the dude's bad, will somehow spin into a full storyline where Peter has to fight him once or twice more.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
The answer is as stupid as it is wonderful.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Twelve by Pies posted:

I don't know this story and I can't wait to find out! NSM is a national treasure.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so peter keeps doing incredibly suspicious poo poo for no particular reason and then starts shouting at carole when she asks him about it. there's no real joke here. he's just being abusive.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Saoshyant posted:

I don't know this story and I can't wait to find out! NSM is a national treasure.

:same::hf::agreed:

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

so peter keeps doing incredibly suspicious poo poo for no particular reason and then starts shouting at carole when she asks him about it. there's no real joke here. he's just being abusive.

Yeah, Peter's just straight up being an rear end in a top hat here.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

If the danger is that dude spider sense is too sensitive to be any good.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Not even mentioning the fact Spidey already handled this guy's rear end into a trash can, he also just got put down by two random jail officers? The Kingpin would have put up a fight at least. Yet, this Voltan guy still seems way too full of himself? Oh boy.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Murdstone posted:

If the danger is that dude spider sense is too sensitive to be any good.

No wonder the spider sense is no good. If it goes off every time some crook curses Spidey's name I would learn to ignore it too.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I hope Voltan never manages to get out, just constantly running headfirst into escape attempts and being easily subdued by guards, continually vowing revenge on Spider-Man but never seeing him again. Getting even angrier when he admits he can't even be entirely sure the guy who beat his rear end actually was Spider-Man.....

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Voltan has a point though, his own lawyer can't call him a liar. I mean, it's probably best not to lie to a lawyer representing you, because you have attorney client privilege and him knowing the facts can help him better defend you, but if you maintain you were innocent your lawyer can't just go "Nah you totally did it."

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Twelve by Pies posted:

Voltan has a point though, his own lawyer can't call him a liar. I mean, it's probably best not to lie to a lawyer representing you, because you have attorney client privilege and him knowing the facts can help him better defend you, but if you maintain you were innocent your lawyer can't just go "Nah you totally did it."

Murdock had not agreed to defend him.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

That's true, but that's still extremely rude to meet with a potential client and say "I know you did it, just confess." Lawyers should not be assuming potential clients are guilty. Yeah, I know this is Daredevil and he's got superpowers and so he does actually know Voltan is lying, but he still shouldn't just be accusing potential clients of crimes. Voltan did nothing wrong.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

He is rude, but at no point does he accuse him of commiting a crime. All he says is that he's not being honest with him about what happened.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Plus, defense attorneys do not solely exist to get clients declared innocent. They also exist to argue for lessened sentences, more lenient treatment, and other things for guilty clients. Voltan could say "I did it, it was stupid, and I regret doing it, also Spider-Man is a threat and/or menace" and Murdock would say

"Well, we can try a guilty plea and see what we can do to- wait, you said Spider-Man, did you actually admit to the crime? Were you held illegally? Were you Mirandized? Did the police have any legal reasoning to hold you beyond 'a guy said you beat him up and also you were webbed up'? Also, are you sure it was Spider-Man?"

"He was wearing pajamas and a ski mask and made no sense-"

"Say no more, I'll take the case."

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ikasuhito posted:

He is rude, but at no point does he accuse him of commiting a crime. All he says is that he's not being honest with him about what happened.

Notably he just says you're not being honest, tell me the truth, and Voltan attacks him, after which Matt refuses to take the case.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Jerusalem posted:

I hope Voltan never manages to get out, just constantly running headfirst into escape attempts and being easily subdued by guards, continually vowing revenge on Spider-Man but never seeing him again. Getting even angrier when he admits he can't even be entirely sure the guy who beat his rear end actually was Spider-Man.....
And every time he does, somewhere Peter stops whatever he's doing and says to himself "Everything's fine, so why is my spider-sense tingling?" then shrugs and goes back to whatever he was doing.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

:allears:

I'm very excited for where this is heading

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

...nobody answer me, but is this about to lead to a lighting bolt striking the loving weights and giving him electrical powers? Voltan as in Volts?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

...nobody answer me, but is this about to lead to a lighting bolt striking the loving weights and giving him electrical powers? Voltan as in Volts?

Oh my god :vince:

Yes, please!

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

MorningMoon posted:

That is so damned stupid that it has to be what happens!

Let's go!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

stupid question, but aren't the plates normally individually marked, so he's actually lifting 800?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God the possibilities of what is going to happen next has me ridiculously excited :lol:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Tunicate posted:

stupid question, but aren't the plates normally individually marked, so he's actually lifting 800?
Correct.

I remember what happens here but I don't want to spoil anyone's fun. :allears:

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

If only there was some way to not be a dumb, hair trigger rear end in a top hat. Alas, having amazing superhuman powers which I freely chose to use to fight crime makes such a thing impossible.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Ikasuhito posted:

If only there was some way to not be a dumb, hair trigger rear end in a top hat. Alas, having amazing superhuman powers which I freely chose to use to fight crime makes such a thing impossible.

he has the proportional fear of women of a spider

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Tunicate posted:

he has the proportional fear of women of a spider

That's it! All he needs to do to get Carole back is to dance around while waving his arms at her.

Also bring her a cricket so that she doesn't eat him afterwards.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Not really proving the "Peter is an abusive monster" camp to be in the wrong here, Pete :cripes:

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Tunicate posted:

The other one is made of foam and weighs almost nothing

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Twelve by Pies posted:

The official tagline for the comic

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

MorningMoon posted:

Oh come on that would be stu—

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Kurui Reiten posted:

Plus, defense attorneys do not solely exist to get clients declared innocent. They also exist to argue for lessened sentences, more lenient treatment, and other things for guilty clients.

Defense lawyers exists to serve their clients. If a client wants to declare themselves innocent then the defense lawyer's job is to do that.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Murdstone posted:

:sickos: :sickos: :sickos:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Murdstone posted:

come the gently caress on lmao

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Now hold on. It gets dumber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

He got super strength from being hit by a thunderbolt while lifting some weights! How is that dumb? Do you even lift, bro??