Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Ugh I screwed myself by not doing enough Temperance before Summer Vacation and couldn't trigger her Request until I got back to school. Truly the worst.

Also I finally got 2 Auto-Ma skills on a Persona, just gotta find Auto-Masu now!

I wonder if Seth is a good Gun Persona, I used him as one in Strikers but I'm not sure if he fits the bill in the mainline game.

Auto-Masukukaja by far the easiest to get via accessory since you can just sell a few old clothes to the shop in Kichijoji to get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Finding out the woman singing all the lyrics is Japanese just blew my mind, wtf.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

her pronunciation kinda gives it away. it’s not bad, it’s just uncanny enough to make me assume a non-native english speaker.

regardless, she goes in, one of my favorite game OSTs since like third strike

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I think the genre threw me as much as anything, because my default expectation for a jazz/soul singer definitely isn't Japanese, but yeah looking back it does make sense. I'm pretty bad at picking up on lyrics in general, so I guess I didn't think too much about it being hard to understand/thought it was a stylistic choice until now.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

yeah, jazz is pretty big in japan from what i understand (rip nujabes) so i love that p5 lets you chill in a jazz club even if i constantly forget to go when there’s a singer

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Nothing has given me as much stress in this game as watching Haru learn a new skill on level up WHY IS YOUR KIT SO GOOD I have been on this screen for 10 minutes help please

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Artelier posted:

Nothing has given me as much stress in this game as watching Haru learn a new skill on level up WHY IS YOUR KIT SO GOOD I have been on this screen for 10 minutes help please

Just leave one Psi spell for coverage and go full guns, which can hit weaknesses AND get crits :blastu:

Remember you can always respec an ally in the church at the cost of a timeslot.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Artelier posted:

That persona is trying to balance two damage types and when you can get an amp and a boost for both that's a lot of slots taken up. Haru has a higher Str than Magic, and she has One Shot Kill for severe gun damage but maxes out at high Psi damage. She's an utter monster in a palace with just Psio because it technicals off the Chaines Hook - but after "her" palace there's basically one shadow type per palace and no bosses that are weak to psi while actual bosses are crit immune. So I'd go guns and remember she's great in small fights and bad in big ones.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm a big fan of high chance crit attacks because of baton pass

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Haru Gun build is absurd, do that

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Haru and Sumi carried my rear end through the secret boss fight with that crit-boosted One-Shot Kill and Sword Dance.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
also i basically murdered the 6th palace with a combo of a fear/ailment-boosted persona and Morgana (second turn) having the accessory with the "instakill anyone with fear" skill

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
For funsies I itemized Seth so Haru can have one shot Kill right away. It just didn’t feel right not having that on her so I forced it for the moment

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

neonchameleon posted:

That persona is trying to balance two damage types and when you can get an amp and a boost for both that's a lot of slots taken up. Haru has a higher Str than Magic, and she has One Shot Kill for severe gun damage but maxes out at high Psi damage. She's an utter monster in a palace with just Psio because it technicals off the Chaines Hook - but after "her" palace there's basically one shadow type per palace and no bosses that are weak to psi while actual bosses are crit immune. So I'd go guns and remember she's great in small fights and bad in big ones.

Or you can go with the 'I want to have my cake and eat it too' build:

• Mapsiodyne
  • One-Shot Kill
  • Gun Boost
  • Gun Amp
  • Psy Boost
  • Psy Amp
  • Evade Nuke
  • Ali Dance / Spell Master / Arms Master via Jazz Club
  • Apt Pupil via Black Moon R accessory

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Here, were giving you a big case!
also, it's been less than two days, why haven't you solved it? This is some phoenix write level of pressure

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Sapozhnik posted:

I haven't got around to actually starting P5R on PC again but it feels like the lack of a console-style quick suspend is going to be a real pain in the rear end. Anybody dealing with obnoxiously long stretches between save points?

Rumor has it that a quick suspend feature is being added to P4G in the game itself so we'll see, hopefully they'll patch it into P5R as well. There's a decent amount of activity in the steamdb QA depots for both games at the moment.

I don't mind since you can save pretty much everywhere except for active battles and maps. I've been saving a lot between sessions jic I miss out on anything just in case.

Yeah, I played P4G on vita and I did like how I could take as many breaks as I wanted since I could suspend the game before I went to sleep.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Playing Strikers again after finishing Royal and I forgot how fun the story is. You can tell the writers were having a blast coming up with a lower stakes, wacky roadtrip adventure plot. I love that the second jail is a lovely generic isekai LN but you can play Joker like an absolute dweeb whose totally into it to the bemusement of the party. :allears:

Also man recently coming off Fire Emblem Three Hopes which was a similar "RPG series turned Musou" game, Strikers busts your balls man. You could sleepwalk through Hopes even on Hard, whereas Normal difficulty Strikers will kick your loving rear end if you're not buffing, debuffing, using weaknesses, and constantly dodging.

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Finding out the woman singing all the lyrics is Japanese just blew my mind, wtf.

Lyn rules.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Strikers is more of a Persona with action RPG combat than a musou with Persona elements TBH

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Spiffster posted:

For funsies I itemized Seth so Haru can have one shot Kill right away. It just didn’t feel right not having that on her so I forced it for the moment

You can use skill cards on party members?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

neonchameleon posted:

You can use skill cards on party members?

Sending seth to the electric chair during an alarm gives a skill item.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
So the guide says to check out a library book but I don't see how to do that.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Lammasu posted:

So the guide says to check out a library book but I don't see how to do that.

Its on the third floor of the school

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Hint: Go to the library. Your school should have one.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Should I sell old melee weapons?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Lammasu posted:

Unless it has a crazy special effect you should.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lammasu posted:

No reason not to unless it has some really nice bonus.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Lammasu posted:

Yes. I think I just got the last party members and there's no overlap in equip types

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Psycho Murder Guy: I was sad so I became bad
Haru: I just love to murder Shadows haha

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Pwnstar posted:

Psycho Murder Guy: I was sad so I became bad
Haru: I just love to murder Shadows haha

How could you be scared of her?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
The virgin Makoto: "After witnessing first hand the absolutely uselessness and corruption of law enforcement, including them drugging my friend, forcing him to sign a fake confession, and fabricating evidence to arrest me and my friends multiple times, my dream is to become a police officer and change the system from inside!"

The chad Haru:

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Hunt11 posted:

Sending seth to the electric chair during an alarm gives a skill item.

Is there a list of the weird, super broken endgame stuff like this? I didn't even realize alarms had non-persona-fusing effects.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Mailer posted:

Is there a list of the weird, super broken endgame stuff like this? I didn't even realize alarms had non-persona-fusing effects.

https://samurai-gamers.com/persona-5/fusion-alarm-guide/

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Why does the Electric Chair keep failing during Alarm? It's not like I'm overusing the gallows or anything, I've tried itemizing Power twice for Bless Amp for a Kaguya I want to build, but it's gotten an accident twice in a row despite it being the first thing I do during the Alarm.

Mailer posted:

Ame-no-Uzume (a level 13 or so Persona) gives Yusuke a Sword with +6 Strength (+5 if non-Alarm). There is a sword that has more base attack and chance of a status effect but if you're not using melee attacks and relying on skills then I feel like the Ame-no-Uzume Sword is the best weapon for him? And since Ame-no-Uzume is available incredibly early on, it's really easy to get!

If you Strengthen Personas during an Alarm and get an accident, you don't get EXP but you do get extra stats (randomly distributed, I think).

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am glad to see people are coming around to Haru being the best.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Haru "I hate the police, but not so much that I don't rely on them to guard my family's vast ill-gotten holdings" Okumura :colbert:

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Isn't destroying society's conditioned apathy and indifference to corrupt authorities a pretty big plot point in the game? Reforming the police seems a lot less impossible in that environment.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

ImpAtom posted:

I am glad to see people are coming around to Haru being the best.

Haru's always been good, she just wasn't given enough time in 5 to really shine.

Strikers is basically a big apology tour for characters that didn't get enough of the spotlight (Ann, Yusuke, and Haru) and it owns

Namnesor fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Nov 8, 2022

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sapozhnik posted:

Haru "I hate the police, but not so much that I don't rely on them to guard my family's vast ill-gotten holdings" Okumura :colbert:

She has a grenade launcher, have fun trying to take it chief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
Haru is just as much a combat monster in Strikers, at least up to the 6th dungeon or so.

Yusuke also handles someone saying that dead mother's last work is awful a lot better than I ever would have.

S.D. fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Nov 8, 2022