Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/quantian1/status/1591149510168039426

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
yeah i was extremely skeptical the tweets were the cause of that. probably didn't help but i doubt that it was the catalyst

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

wonder if there's a similar thing for lockmart's stock losing something like 7% around the same time as that "we will stop selling to the saudis, israelis, and americans" tweet

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Kazinsal posted:

wonder if there's a similar thing for lockmart's stock losing something like 7% around the same time as that "we will stop selling to the saudis, israelis, and americans" tweet

idk why but defence contractors overall were down

Lockheed in grey
Northrop in orange
Raytheon in blue
General Dynamics in purple.

Pinterest Mom fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Nov 12, 2022

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Beeftweeter posted:

yeah i was extremely skeptical the tweets were the cause of that. probably didn't help but i doubt that it was the catalyst

yeah I mean the followup one of "we can do what we like so suck it" was basically the default market view

like, if you're selling something that people critically need while being unambiguously evil about it, you're not gonna be worried about bad tweets

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
verified people can't change their names from being on vacation after the name freeze. maybe this will be what finally forces musk to fix things, because if there's one thing he hates, it's workers taking time off

https://twitter.com/HuzzuDesu/status/1591260807417188354

amazing how all these things worked just fine before

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

So how likely is it that something happens to Twitter similar to FTX wrt the app and website getting hacked and deploying malicious code?

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Just a Moron posted:

So how likely is it that something happens to Twitter similar to FTX wrt the app and website getting hacked and deploying malicious code?

solarwinds but every twitter user :getin:

kliras
Mar 27, 2021

Just a Moron posted:

definitely don't attach your phone number and payment info to your account fwiw

you should also have deleted your most embarrassing dm's if you haven't already

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/hunterwalk/status/1590935805446742016

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Woolwich Bagnet posted:

reminder that the saudis are co-owners in this. they like it when their money gets hosed with right?

they literally love pissing their money away on bullshit. they were the largest investors in the softbank vision fund, the $100 billion fund for putting money into idiot tech companies that could never work

for further evidence, there's neom

fitting though it would be for musk to get the old moonwalking out of a saudi embassy treatment, i really don't see it happening

big scary monsters fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Nov 12, 2022

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry

big scary monsters posted:

they literally love pissing their money away on bullshit. they were the largest investors in the softbank vision fund, the $100 billion fund for putting money into idiot tech companies that could never work

for further evidence, there's neom

fitting though it would be for musk to get the old moonwalking out of a saudi embassy treatment, i really don't see it happening

yeah I’m sure there’s some amount of lost money that might bother them as a matter of principle but when you’ve effectively got $∞ it feels like that bar gets raised

e: unless you combine it with personal insults or sympathizing with dissidents or something

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i'm starting to think maybe people shouldn't have this much money

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

is this good
https://twitter.com/McDanaIds/status/1590889930242535425

check out musk's deleted tweets here btw: https://polititweet.org/tweets?account=44196397&deleted=True

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Lol he deleted a RT of the Trust and Safety guy after he quit.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

lmao he got fact checked by his own website (you'll note the fact check no longer shows up, because he had it removed)

screenshots for posterity

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/polotek/status/1591233043075067907

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I want Bernie to reply “shut the gently caress up you bald bitch-boy” :unsmith:

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

I said in conversation that Musk is a loving moron and some dude literally responded with "he's chief engineer at Space-X and designed some of their first rockets" and I have never laughed in somebody's face that hard.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Nessus posted:

Could Musk claim he has a brain tumor? Just go into hiding for "surgery and recovery" (rehab/intense personality repair by monks) and come out and try to use this to weasel out of contracts somehow?

Remember when he went on SNL and claimed that he has autism? I remember that he tried to use that to justify some rear end in a top hat thing he said, but can't recall what it was

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

Remember when he went on SNL and claimed that he has autism? I remember that he tried to use that to justify some rear end in a top hat thing he said, but can't recall what it was

even if he has aspergers or autism, he could you know hire some relations coach or pr person who would help him in order not to be an rear end in a top hat

mystes
May 31, 2006

4lokos basilisk posted:

even if he has aspergers or autism, he could you know hire some relations coach or pr person who would help him in order not to be an rear end in a top hat
Even easier, he could just ban himself from twitter

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

mystes posted:

Even easier, he could just ban himself from life

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

he claimed to be first person with “Asperger’s” to host, which wasn’t true, that would be Dan ackroyd

Mynameismud
Jul 12, 2009
Its also a lie...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCS0SuPsDH4

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

idk why but defence contractors overall were down

Lockheed in grey
Northrop in orange
Raytheon in blue
General Dynamics in purple.

maybe cos russia pulled out of kherson

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

its some real 2009 internet poo poo to act like an rear end in a top hat and then claim asperger’s

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

it was to justify his entire life

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Last Chance posted:

he claimed to be first person with “Asperger’s” to host, which wasn’t true, that would be Dan ackroyd

fun fact: Dan Ackroyd ran around Kingston, Ontario in the 80's doing poo poo like introducing bands and his family had a lake-house or some poo poo around there, which is where Elon went to university af Queen's...wait...

i also went there... oh no... do I have aspergers?

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

lmao elon went to queen's????

never been so proud to be a mcgill dropout

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
yeah, same. i mean i did end up graduating but thank god it's not from where elon went

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Yeah.. 2 years, before transferring to UPenn and then spending 5 years getting dual BA/BS in Physics and Economics...

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/anne_theriault/status/1591300251394408448

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

jfc that poster I know someone that had that

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

yeah, same. i mean i did end up graduating but thank god it's not from where elon went

actually wait did grimes manage to graduate from mcgill :gonk:

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

lmbo https://bullandbearmcgill.com/mcgill-announces-new-grimes-scholarship-for-students-in-weird-relationships/

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

I hate I made it to the second paragraph before realizing what was going on :(

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

gonna have to collect everybody's "Harvard: America's McGill" t-shirts after this

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
elon went to Kingston to go to queens but he should have gone to kingston for a different institution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

Wild EEPROM posted:

elon went to Kingston to go to queens but he should have gone to kingston for a different institution