Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Ultraklystron posted:

Elon is so thirsty he needs an IV to rehydrate (spoilered for Twitter logo censored butt):

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1594500655724609536

was it the one with the monk and the hot girl bending over

hes used that like four times in the past year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
yes

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
what a loving dork

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
also yes

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

what a loving dork

oh right replies embed the original

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lmao he stole it uncredited too.

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

that's all he ever does

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

Synthbuttrange posted:

lmao he stole it uncredited too.

Stealing things uncredited is what got him to where he is today.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

emf posted:

demanding sobriety is ableism

hmmyes'ing harder than than i've ever hmmyes'd before.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

TerminalRaptor posted:

Stealing things uncredited is what got him to where he is today.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

note: sam's argument is that alex jones and donald trump are the same phenomenon

obviously elon's reply is a bible verse (matthew 19:14) but it makes no sense in context

DELETE CASCADE fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Nov 21, 2022

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
i fully encourage the rest of the intellectual dork web to lose a billion dollars each

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
loving christ this guy

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Lol if the drugs and bringing Don back just made him go full mental break I AM GOD OF THE CYBERDOMAIN

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

hypothetically, how would you tell?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

okay so maybe he's not totally gone

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1594552252865384450

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
when the bar is being on the right side of two billion dollars and counting in defamation judgements

also kim dotcom federal supermax when

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

what conspiracy theories did alex jones get right exactly, kim dotcom

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i hope it's the one about the frogs

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
free speech

as one does from the corner of the street high on bath salts cut with listerine

good call dotcom

roll 'em up

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Shame Boy posted:

i hope it's the one about the frogs

the frogs are pretty gay, it's true

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
the replies on that are deranged

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

all day i feel like i can load tweets if i wait 30 seconds after opening a tab and then refresh, and not before

Sticko
Nov 24, 2007
Outrageous Lumpwad
When the hell did he admit it and apologise?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Fair enough to the musk man. I'm surprised I never heard about this given how much people grind on the man

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

yea im not buying it that easily

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Sticko posted:

When the hell did he admit it and apologise?

he tried to wriggle out of the civil judgments by saying "well, yeah maybe i was wrong. but i believed it!"

there's a ton of people in the replies making the same argument. "maybe he wasn't right but he thought he was, that's just as good" :rolleyes:

Nessus posted:

Fair enough to the musk man. I'm surprised I never heard about this given how much people grind on the man

it's a sad story, sure, but he's using it to gain sympathy after doing a lot of horrendous poo poo. and it's working

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
like don't get me wrong, that's absolutely terrible, but the reason you don't see people here ripping on him for losing a newborn is because it's completely irrelevant. elon musk is still a piece of poo poo at the end of the day

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

it could be a pathological lie for all i know. i wouldn't put it past him.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

with it being so important for governments there has to be some point that the senate looks at this and says "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

unfortunately i don't think there is. like i've been saying i think that tiktok/bytedance/some other chinese company either buying the remains of twitter outright or making a product that outcompetes twitter is the most plausible way to get the american government to actually do anything

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
naw, his and justine's first kid did die from SIDS. its not made up.

But yeah he's totally using it as an argument winner here

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

KoRMaK posted:

it could be a pathological lie for all i know. i wouldn't put it past him.

afaik it is true, but don't lose sight of the fact that you don't have to lose a child to not want alex jones around

izagoof
Feb 14, 2004

Grimey Drawer
he also told his ex wife to stop crying about the baby dying right after it happened

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Infant deaths are often harder on the Boer than the Mother

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Beeftweeter posted:

like don't get me wrong, that's absolutely terrible, but the reason you don't see people here ripping on him for losing a newborn is because it's completely irrelevant. elon musk is still a piece of poo poo at the end of the day
Right, I'm not surprised about it here like on SA, but I certainly have run into enough people who basically are mirror-image musk fans and I would have expected his dead baby would have come up before now

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
the world's richest man quoting bible verses lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Nessus posted:

Right, I'm not surprised about it here like on SA, but I certainly have run into enough people who basically are mirror-image musk fans and I would have expected his dead baby would have come up before now

well, it is sort of a sociopathic thing to rip on someone for lol

that said, so is using that experience as extremely public justification for online content moderation decision making. even if it is legitimately the bottom-line reason he doesn't want jones around, he's still cravenly using it to score pity points and "win" an online argument. you absolutely do not need to have gone through that scenario to find alex jones repulsive and toxic

the whole thing is just unseemly imo but that's nothing new for elon

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Buck Turgidson posted:

the world's richest man quoting bible verses lol

that was the world’s richest man’s job for hundreds of years

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

I thought we were here for free speech absolutism not the personal whims of the richest man in the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

hobbesmaster posted:

that was the world’s richest man’s job for hundreds of years

:hmmyes: