Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
disappointing, I'd play troma squad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

this, i love playing a game that is exactly like reading karl marx's das kapital vol 1

not

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

the economic value of a commodity is equal to the value of the labor that went into making it?

brother im trying to make some gently caress n suck robots in rimworld

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

AnimeIsTrash posted:

this, i love playing a game that is exactly like reading karl marx's das kapital vol 1

oh, really? that’s intere-

heeeey…

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
that's another reason goons love it, it lets you announce to people that you are a huge communist

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

vampire survivors is good

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
is it? I thought it looked stressful.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
beep just buy and play dicko leashyum

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
it's basically garage friend simulator mixed with president beep simulator. you pretty much always have the option to just say the dumbest poo poo and it's great

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Kenny Logins posted:

president beep simulator. you pretty much always have the option to just say the dumbest poo poo and it's great

beep has already paid ten dollars for the forums tho

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Kenny Logins posted:

it's basically garage friend simulator mixed with president beep simulator. you pretty much always have the option to just say the dumbest poo poo and it's great

lol, okay, it’s got my attention now.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

beep has already paid ten dollars for the forums tho

double lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

kenny, i forget that you know about my dad’s garage friends and always shocking in this very funny way when you bring it up.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

get disco, beep. it is very funny, and rewards you for being silly

distortion park posted:

what's the yospos opinion on the FF7 remake? I:
* Liked the original
* Liked 12, which I believe has a similar combat system?
* do not normally like anime

I loved the original when I was a kid and do not normally like anime, but have not played any FF game more recent than 8. It has some good sequences and hits the nostalgia buttons pretty well, but ultimately it is way too anime and too crammed with filler (but I repeat myself!) and I fell off maybe a quarter or a third of the way through.

It really is a clinic on how the original's poor translation and technically-primitive graphics were actually huge assets, because they let you project way more character into these people than they can pull off with full motion capture and voice acting

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

distortion park posted:

none of the 40k spin offs quite worked either, despite it being a seemingly perfect setting. i think they might have leaned into unit stats mattering too much, rather than capacities (i.e. an anti tank gun should work well against a tank if it's positioned well/gets an ambush off, not get trashed anyway because it was a special mega tank).

Ya absolutely. The original Dawn of War has a bit of the same CoH thing going on but the sequels leaned too far into heroes and silly units. RTS games with hero units are bad imo

distortion park posted:

also the original CoH factions had a top tier level of asymmetry. everything was just so smooth and created some really exciting moments and gameplay. you could come up with and execute neat little pushes and react defensively in an incredibly legible way.

Yeah there were just the right amount of units and most of them were pretty well balanced. There were a few gimmick ways to play but for the most part they were not very successful compared to just being good at the game. Vehicles felt like just powerful enough and your early infantry never becomes useless which is something most games fail at

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

kenny, i forget that you know about my dad’s garage friends and always shocking in this very funny way when you bring it up.
time flies. it was already old hat when i posted this

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
cjs: delta V:rings of saturn was 5bux cus of summer autumn sale so i picked it up. 2d asteroid like game play where you can mine, bounty hunt, pirate, etc with customizable ships in a hard scifi setting. it also has several customizable huds (greenpos represent)

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Kenny Logins posted:

time flies. it was already old hat when i posted this

lol. excellent.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Truman Peyote posted:

get disco, beep. it is very funny, and rewards you for being silly

I loved the original when I was a kid and do not normally like anime, but have not played any FF game more recent than 8. It has some good sequences and hits the nostalgia buttons pretty well, but ultimately it is way too anime and too crammed with filler (but I repeat myself!) and I fell off maybe a quarter or a third of the way through.

It really is a clinic on how the original's poor translation and technically-primitive graphics were actually huge assets, because they let you project way more character into these people than they can pull off with full motion capture and voice acting

piss. it’s like $40 on switch. I’ll call tomorrow.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

President Beep posted:

piss. it’s like $40 on switch. I’ll call tomorrow.

just get it on PC like the gamer gods intended

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Kuvo posted:

cjs: delta V:rings of saturn was 5bux cus of summer autumn sale so i picked it up. 2d asteroid like game play where you can mine, bounty hunt, pirate, etc with customizable ships in a hard scifi setting. it also has several customizable huds (greenpos represent)

how much of an escape velocity clone is it

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Jabor posted:

not nearly as much of one as endless sky is

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Kuvo posted:

lol the literal first paid dlc is a mod to anthropomorphize everything and make it furry uwu

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jabor posted:

its pretty close, tho EV was defiantly more combat focused. you can hire crewmates that give you skills and they level up with job experience. sometimes ask you to do quests for them, which is where the story beats seem to happen. you can also find random stuff on the game map like elons loving car

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

in space no one can hear you squee

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1595547174636584961

Lol

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

President Beep posted:

is it? I thought it looked stressful.

no VS is severely relaxing, put on a podcast type of game

or it was initially

compared to games like lawn mower simulator 2k and dusting with the cat goty edition

they just keep adding layers of complexity but the most thought goes into what your build is going to be and then you just sweep up castlevania mobs and crystals in a kind of whirling idiocy of super powers

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

haveblue posted:

that's another reason goons love it, it lets you announce to people that you are a huge communist

my understanding was it then viciously lampoons you and the political side you've run with, right

like for all of them, even centrism, not just communism

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

no VS is severely relaxing, put on a podcast type of game

or it was initially

compared to games like lawn mower simulator 2k and dusting with the cat goty edition

they just keep adding layers of complexity but the most thought goes into what your build is going to be and then you just sweep up castlevania mobs and crystals in a kind of whirling idiocy of super powers

it's stressful if you try to actually beat stage 1 before moving on in a new game, instead of heading straight for stage 2 soon as it unlocks

goddamn health sponge rear end zombies

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

President Beep posted:

in space no one can hear you squee

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Ciaphas posted:

my understanding was it then viciously lampoons you and the political side you've run with, right

like for all of them, even centrism, not just communism

It offers a pretty explicit leftist critic of the world. It does make fun of you for being an epic communist because you are a cop and you work for [spoiler] the organization that crushed the revolution in Revachol.[spoiler]

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I don't think you have to care about the politics though. The game has a phenomenal story and you actually feel like you are part of it.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

it's stressful if you try to actually beat stage 1 before moving on in a new game, instead of heading straight for stage 2 soon as it unlocks

goddamn health sponge rear end zombies

gently caress. see i’m stressed out already.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Kuvo posted:

can you change the keybindings in the full game? in the demo you can clear them but afaict there's no way to set one

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

President Beep posted:

gently caress. see i’m stressed out already.

you gotta relax beep, the revolution depends on you

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

oh god! :derp:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

the ftc is the worst

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Foo Diddley posted:

can you change the keybindings in the full game? in the demo you can clear them but afaict there's no way to set one

yes

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

vampire survivor is relaxing but it is way too visually stimulating to play too close to bedtime

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

pretty sure our very own yospos baggers said they were the qa for that game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

disco elysium is fine on switch. If it’s your only way to play the game it’s 100% worth playing that way. It’s especially nice to be able to play it just lazing around. it prolly runs more smoothly on a steam deck but idk if the controls are any good, as I doubt movement is mapped to a joystick, and that flicking the joystick prolly won’t switch between objects, but I’m not sure tbh. the performance issues can be annoying but they’re manageable. they’re primarily a result of precipitation effects, and can be minimized by uh, zooming in more