Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
This old dude is trying to sell me on an ancient civilization or some poo poo. It's as absurd as a Documentary, Now episode but taken seriously.

10/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Big Archaeology wants him censored. Scientists try to discredit his theories. Governments around the world trying to suppress the truth!

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
If we’re talking about it here, well sir, I believe it.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Netflix wanted me to pay more money for it to be on more screens and I was offended so I cancelled it.

All the netflix shows I've illegally downloaded since then like The Squid Games and Ozark finale and Dahmler have been underwhelming.

Maybe I'll give this Ancient Aliens a shot.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Ancient Aliens at Thanksgiving?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Show has Joe Rogan as one of the talking heads lol

Its made an insane amount of people start making GBS threads on established archaeologists because of their susceptibility to second opinion bias

The dude is straight up like "THIS is what the EXPERTS don't want me to tell you!" while basically making no conclusions that are based on actual evidence and instead just leaning into things that are somewhat mysterious to support his narrative

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
There was some "documentary", I forget the name of it, that said that if you get a root canal, the tooth is disconnected from the body and is therefore dead tissue still attached to the body, and that is the cause of a ton of different kinds of diseases, cancer, conditions, etc.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
By the way, if you want a good "ancient aliens" documentary, this is more interesting, informative, and educational than anything else I've seen on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9w-i5oZqaQ

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
https://i.imgur.com/DT3vewb.mp4

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Bula Vinaka posted:

By the way, if you want a good "ancient aliens" documentary, this is more interesting, informative, and educational than anything else I've seen on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9w-i5oZqaQ

Really a great documentary that helped me decouple from this stuff.

There's definitely some weird things in our world that should attract the mind. But was it ALIENS? prolly not.

I mean why don't we just start claiming aliens built Toronto Canada while we are at it

Here's a weird one

English architecture of the 13th century:

Aliens absolutely built this.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQp_tldR_Hw

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
why does everyone on ancient alien shows look like people that belong on ancient alien shows where's the hotties

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Yes. I really need smoking hot chicks to be yelling about demons hidden in paintings and nostra damus being contacted by vortigaunts

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Caesar Saladin posted:

Show has Joe Rogan as one of the talking heads lol

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Establishment mathematicians want you to believe that 1+1=2 but I've done my own research. Here's what big calculator doesn't want you to know: 1+2= A window.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

the legend of cocaine island is the best show on netflix

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Bula Vinaka posted:

There was some "documentary", I forget the name of it, that said that if you get a root canal, the tooth is disconnected from the body and is therefore dead tissue still attached to the body, and that is the cause of a ton of different kinds of diseases, cancer, conditions, etc.

Years ago my boss randomly mentioned how it’s strange teeth are removed…like they don’t do that with any other bones! As if dentists are chiropractors.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

The anoonaki ate my balls

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

this gif has told me everything i need to know about this show

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

No ring, don't believe it

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
The funniest conspiracy theory show I ever saw on Netflix was about the pyramids and the first episode is really tame, discussing how much of what we know is conjecture. It started talking about common archaeological belief and asking questions about usage of pyramids and stuff

Then after the first episode, it just goes off the rails with people talking about the Pleiades and the psychic attenuation of the pyramids and how if everyone just believed in it, we'd unlock a higher plane of existence and move into a spiritual golden age

CumBlast Radius Jr
Nov 1, 2022

by Azathoth
Cowards who wont investigate the Monster Mash.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Which pharaoh had the biggest dinger

yugioh mishima
Oct 22, 2020

this dude who somehow got netflix to green light this show about his weird batshit conspiracy theory has a son who just happens to be some high-up commissioner of original shows at netflix

what are the chances eh

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Smugworth posted:

Which pharaoh had the biggest dinger

me

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

CumBlast Radius Jr posted:

Cowards who wont investigate the Monster Mash.

Seriously, all those cryptid hunters are just like the worst. If you want a photo of a monster just go to the local cemetery at halloween and they're like just dancing anyway.

Super easy to take as many high quality photos as you want, or even better instead of a camera just bring a bottle of rum and join in!

naem
May 29, 2011

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPvmIxu-LSA

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Yes. I really need smoking hot chicks to be yelling about demons hidden in paintings and nostra damus being contacted by vortigaunts

...Yes...?

Orc Priest
Jun 9, 2021
I was wondering why I was seeing a sudden interest in the younger dryas impact hypothesis and it turns out it was due to this documentary which is all the rage with right wingers atm lol

Woke archeologists are suppressing the truth that there was an ancient alien civilization on earth which was wiped out by an asteroid impact

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
George Washington floated across the Delaware on an alien hoveratf.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

If it doesn't have bigfoots I'm not interested.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Weird thread title for the best show Wednesday

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I think hes a little bit right about how "mainstream" archeologists discount finds because they dont fit into their timeline of humanity. It's pretty insane though to say " this 20,000 year old temple kind of looks like a tree so obviously it was Atlantis making a temple to warn future generations about a comet named Mike who will destroy the galaxy".

It is pretty funny how he's not mad, actually he's laughing about being banned from Ohio.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
i made a post and it disappeared :tinfoil:

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

It really hurt my brain to hear all the conjecture with no supporting evidence.

You can only say mainstream scientists have it out for you for so long, but the dude pretty much shows right away why mainstream scientists think he's a loving whackjob.

Whacko: "Humans had civilization before the ice ages even ended!"
Scientist: "Ok where's your proof?"
Whacko:"Everyone has a flood myth!"
Scientist: "uh, ok?"
Whacko: "And obviously this means that there was an advanced civilization from the ice age that sent people around the world to teach the barbarians technology!"
Scientist: "Oh gently caress off you dumb racist."

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Orc Priest posted:

I was wondering why I was seeing a sudden interest in the younger dryas impact hypothesis and it turns out it was due to this documentary which is all the rage with right wingers atm lol

Woke archeologists are suppressing the truth that there was an ancient alien civilization on earth which was wiped out by an asteroid impact

Not coincidentally this was also discussed on the Joe Rogan show

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Hardawn posted:

Weird thread title for the best show Wednesday

Is it good or is it okay to keep on in the background or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
This world we live in is crazy. I’ve talked about my weird conspiracy neighbor before, but here’s a new story from a few weeks ago

He saw me from behind his fence and called me
over to chat about something, and in the middle of the conversation he asks me to walk east along the fence line with him. He then handed over a pair of binoculars and said “look at that bright thing in the sky above that chimney and look what’s behind it”

He’s told me before that he thinks there are spy satellites going over his house and I guess he thinks this is one of them. I look through the binoculars and immediately go “wow that’s Jupiter and you can see all the Galilean moons!”

He scoffs and says in disbelief “That close?!”

I’m like “uh yeah”

and he changes the subject

I’m not sure why I felt compelled to share this, but thanks for reading