Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

kenpachi has ichigo listed in his phone as "pizza hut" to divert suspicion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I’ve been watching TYBW and liking it so I’m going to go back and watch from the beginning, is it really 45% filler eps? Are any of them worth watching?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I’ve been watching TYBW and liking it so I’m going to go back and watch from the beginning, is it really 45% filler eps? Are any of them worth watching?
Yes, a lot of it is filler. Some of it's good, most of it is just long and boring and inconsequential

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Think all of them are mostly bad to meh except the zanpaktou rebellion arc.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Oh god the face expression is killing me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z84MhG4qz_U

Tears streaming down my cheeks, send a poet

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Whatever you do, do not skip the Illustrated Guide to Soul Reapers section, it contains crucial character building

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tampa Bae posted:

One of the earliest databooks had Unohana as the strongest fighter outside of Yamamoto so he'd planned a lot of this stuff for ages, just ran out of time and energy to really complete the story so the last arc ended up super rushed and most of these reveals were coming chapter after chapter and made less of an impact

I think he always meant for her to be strong but I don't know about the Kenpachi reveal. The way Zaraki is introduced is worded like the title has been passed down more than just once.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

We had the Chekhov's gun of zaraki explaining he named yachiru after the only person he ever respected tho.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

muscles like this! posted:

I think he always meant for her to be strong but I don't know about the Kenpachi reveal. The way Zaraki is introduced is worded like the title has been passed down more than just once.

I think the light novels say there are like 8 or 9 kenpachis

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Is it time? It is finally time for the mother of all Bleach plot twists to be animated?

OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

We had the Chekhov's gun of zaraki explaining he named yachiru after the only person he ever respected tho.

Yeah I think he had that particular plot twist planned from the moment he introduced Kenpachi and Unohana. Kubo makes up a lot less bullshit on the fly than you might think from some of the wackier plot elements, even if some of it is clearly retconned. (I highly doubt he'd planned out exactly how Arrancar worked when he first showed Grand Fisher getting his mask physically chipped off, for example.)

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Never thought I'd find myself thinking, "hell yeah, tomorrow's Monday!" but hey, here we are.

Thanks Bleach.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Tomorrow is the fake Monday though.

Actual Monday is the next Monday.

Nvm, this was the actual Monday. And the next one too. I keep forgetting not to underestimate the pacing of the anime

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Dec 5, 2022

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

11 eps into Bleach, all these humans suck rear end except Chad, cool ghost samurai when

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

11 eps into Bleach, all these humans suck rear end except Chad, cool ghost samurai when

I didn't know Tite's editor posted on SomethingAwful.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Ongo Gablogian, charmed, I'm sure. Now allow me to destroy your manga.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
"To Isane: deuces, lmao"

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

tsob posted:

I didn't know Tite's editor posted on SomethingAwful.

Listen I know my man Ikkaku exists, can you blame me for being impatient?

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
The only thing I remember about Isane is that she’s supposed to canonically have the most hugest honkers, respectfully.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

NikkolasKing posted:

But he is still no match for the force that is Hiro Mashima. Love that man.

You mean the guy who keeps writing Fairy Tail over and over, but in different settings?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ManSedan posted:

The only thing I remember about Isane is that she’s supposed to canonically have the most hugest honkers, respectfully.

I thought it was Nel. This was answered by him at some point, I think.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

SchrodingersCat posted:

You mean the guy who keeps writing Fairy Tail over and over, but in different settings?

eden's zero is later revealed to be about how time travel is totally hosed up. and titties, of course. it's still mashima.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

chumbler posted:

I thought it was Nel. This was answered by him at some point, I think.

Kirio of squad zero has breasts as wide as her waist.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Rangiku, Yoruichi, and Rukia have perfect breast sizes, imo. They span all ranges of human delights between those 3 and I can't wait to see Yoruichi again with the new animation

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I am once again saying that Unohana and Kenpachi have the best romance in all of anime and it's conveyed in the span of like five chapters or two episodes.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Wasn't it canonically confirmed that Isane was in love with Unohana

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
The Unohana reveal is perfect, I love that when she's first introduced and nobody will mess with her it just comes off as a funny gag, but no actually it turns out she was the hardest motherfucker around and nobody backtalks her because she will kill you on the spot if you actually piss her off.

I am really, really hoping we get some expanded Squad Zero fights in the anime because them getting so hyped up only for 3/5ths of them to die off screen sucked rear end.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I made the mistake of looking at the Bleach swimsuit artwork for that one game and DAYUM Kubo's powerlevel was even stronger than I realized

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Gologle posted:

I made the mistake of looking at the Bleach swimsuit artwork for that one game and DAYUM Kubo's powerlevel was even stronger than I realized

Usually they mention if he does the art I think, so I don't think those were him. They've definitely got artists good at imitating his style though, and yeah they do some work for the summer ones.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Gologle posted:

How is that a mistake.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Enjoy the baps.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Zzulu posted:

The old guy just died (really cool episode) but I didn't really understand what happened at the end. So there were 2 bald men with
Yes so out of the blue there were two weird bald Rroyd Lloyd Loyd Rroyd Royd Lloyd and they were super powerful and had imba powers and thats why they died and Royd Boy Ywach Boy never did anything in the fight except get hit also bankai steal lets just forget about it until its cool and ok theyre dead lets never mention them again. Anyway “cool” “plot” “twist”, peak Kubo, very Bleach.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Dec 6, 2022

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

How is that a mistake.

cus swimsuit harribel got me acting unwise

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Another entry into "aging in SS makes zero sense." Unohana looks about the same as she did when she was butchering Quincy's, meanwhile Zaraki looks like he's in his 50s despite first running into an adult Unohana as a child. Square that circle.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

Mordja posted:

Another entry into "aging in SS makes zero sense." Unohana looks about the same as she did when she was butchering Quincy's, meanwhile Zaraki looks like he's in his 50s despite first running into an adult Unohana as a child. Square that circle.

She’s a master of healing and rejuvenation magic.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Ghost aging was never intended to make sense. Hitsugaya is probably like, 150 years old or something.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
he could've just not put ghost aging into the worldbuilding but for some reason kubo really wanted renji and rukia to be childhood ghost friends.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

In a general sense you can kind of relate it to how high their reiatsu is, so generic Soul Society residents basically age normally while Yamamoto's over there at somewhere north of 1,000, but Kubo was hardly going to let little details like that stop him from drawing cool characters so it's more a rule of thumb rather than being truly consistent.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Can't wait for Hell to make ghost aging and ghost babies even more confusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
You could say one's apparent age is a reflection of their personal growth and inner mindset. Yamamoto is an authoritarian stick in the mud who believes in the "old ways" so he became an old man. Meanwhile, Unohana has always been a psycho killer (even if she did not outwardly show it) so she more or less looks the same.