Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Do you have a case Hal or are you just winds lawyer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
We're like 18 hours into D2 and I'm still top poster. Wind is lurking. I rest my case.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Hal Insandenza posted:

Can you explain this a bit more? I am trying to parse what the two sentences here are saying. I get the first part, it is a little odd to publicly announce that although it is also good to get that info out in case you are killed as it provides another data point late in the game. But what are you saying with the second bit?

Salad (via snooping on me) indicates that I was visited by another person. I suppose it would clear another person later in the game similar to Wind's visitor being cleared as you say. The second part is I told wolo I wanted coconut gelato and I'm still gelato free:

wologar posted:

You see a note next to a vending machine:

Feeling sick and bored of the endless drag?
AstroGelato brings you a solution
to make all your plans come to fruition.
We offer you ice cream to get back in track!

Press A to lay with our vanilla snack.
B to receive mint and tea emulsion.
C to perceive the sweet fruit of passion.
for your coconut wants, D has your back.

E is coffee to throw you on your knees.
And there's nothing like F to sate you with grape.
All of our options will fill you with glee!

We hope that this knowledge has made your day.
AstroGelato fulfills your space needs.
Now consume our products without delay!

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
On the coconut gelato thing, Maer, I input your selection as my night action but all I got in return were even more nonsensical messages. I think my role was created to allow mod shitposting.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Lol, great timing.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.

wologar posted:

We're like 18 hours into D2 and I'm still top poster. Wind is lurking. I rest my case.

My slot is right behind you in post count, lol, I could surpass you if you wanted me to

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

##vote Hal

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

wologar posted:

On the coconut gelato thing, Maer, I input your selection as my night action but all I got in return were even more nonsensical messages. I think my role was created to allow mod shitposting.

Well, you're not the only one lol

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Sorry I'm pretty much doing nothing in the thread btw, I don't have a justifiable excuse for it

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

Do you have a case Hal or are you just winds lawyer

Lol am I lawyer for trying to see what the case is on the vote leader?

I am still in morning mode, give me some time for cases thanks

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

##vote windward

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Can I hire a better lawyer

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

wologar posted:

WindwardAway posted:

Well, you're not the only one lol

Do either one of you want to paraphrase what your nonsensical messages are?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Maerlyn posted:

Ok, but I'll do it in secret:

Do Transylvanian burning gondolas or Caesar's eulogy do anything for you?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

wologar posted:

What was IN that gelato??

I don't see HCT doing nonsensical actions but maybe it's interaction based somehow (or maybe you did visit me, you just receive a garbled response? No indication of anything on my end though). Interesting.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

wologar posted:

Did you lick the dead hypnotoad?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Cloacamazing! posted:

Did you lick the dead hypnotoad?

Hey!! Eyes off the black bars, lady.

Would you vote Wind?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

wologar posted:

Hey!! Eyes off the black bars, lady.

Would you vote Wind?

I'll need to catch up in the thread fully once I get home, but I'd vote AN and Wind today. Wouldn't vote wol, Mona and Illu.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Maerlyn posted:

Something about royalty, undergarments, and a certain long-necked animal, phrased as if it's a decree.

...plus something mentioning the spec chat I think but it wasn't clear.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Hal what do you think of claoacaa, I'm very willing to swap today since it's come to my attention that they voted everyone by end of day. (Mae, an, and Keane)

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Cloacamazing! posted:

I'll need to catch up in the thread fully once I get home, but I'd vote AN and Wind today. Wouldn't vote wol, Mona and Illu.

On reading her posts, Wind is surprisingly vague about her reads, which I feel is more like her scumgame. I know townWind to be a lot more aggressive. Here she mostly follows along with Yami's reads:

WindwardAway posted:

I skimmed Yami's reads to see if I could pick up on any leads he had, and what I got was that he thought Clo and Maer are scum, and maybe(?) Keane based on some association reads

Ill start digging there and see whether I agree with those takes or not. I don't see any reason to carry the torch if I disagree, but at the same time I believe in Yami's solving skills from what I've seen of his town game when we've played together, and there's gotta be some merit to his reads.

WindwardAway posted:

Ok I think my brain is fried, that didn't take long 😅 I didn't get much of an impression from the first handful of posts from Keane but I think the forum kinda broke on me and now I'm having trouble retaining anything I read which is poop and also a sign I should sleep

Gun-to-head I really don't have a strong impression of Keane, and the most notable thing I saw was their case on wologar and I don't have the full context for that either so I made a note to follow up on it in the morning

WindwardAway posted:

I've read up to page 8 so far and my current thoughts are that, between Keane and Monathin, I'm more inclined to vote Monathin because his snappy reaction to being pushed looks worse and feels kinda omgusy.

I'll see if that take persists as I continue reading the thread but it'll be a little while before I have more time, FYI.

In other news, Maerlyn gets a scumlean from me. Several of her early posts pinged me and it feels like she's there, but kind of in the background rather than the foreground. And that's not scummy on its own during joke phase, but when it continues into the part of the game where people actually give reads and start solving, it's not a good look.

##vote Maerlyn

Then she disappeared until end of day. Never moved her vote off Maerlyn. The only thing close to a case on D1 was the stuff on Hal

WindwardAway posted:

This post is skeeving me out, I can't quite place why

WindwardAway posted:

Just feels like an oddly unnecessary way for Hal to respond to a vote on him I guess

And that was pretty vague.

For today, Wind has mostly been engaging with the role stuff, which isn't particularly alignment-indicative either way. There was this stuff about her receiving a visit, so far nobody has claimed anything here. She called it a weird message before wol posted his, then later gave a summary of hers, so I'm inclined to believe both of them are telling the truth about getting weird messages. The question is, is there any connection between those events? Wol said he targeted Maerlyn, but whatever a coconut is, it didn't nut? Incidentally, wol targeting Maerlyn does resolve salad's action at least.

I'm sorry wol, I can't resist spoilers, baby seals are naturally curious.

Leaving that part alone for now, Wind seems kind of lurky and uninvolved in the game, by her standards at least, and doesn't really seem to care if she gets voted out, which is pretty strange. I'll try to keep an open mind and we still have a day to go, but for now I'm comfortable placing my vote there: ##vote Wind

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Okay. So literally nothing about the current discussion makes sense. But I think I might be onto something, lemme just gather the last two votefinder posts that on day 1. So the entire day had been pretty evenly split. There wasn't really a clean preference between Maer and Keane, implying that scum really didn't have an interest in swinging the vote. However, things rapidly shifted onto Anarc at the end, and that's when massive last-minute interference for a swing back happened.

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

AnonymousNarcotics (6): wologar, shwinnebego, Bifauxnen, shwinnebego, wologar, Illusionis, Bifauxnen, saladscooper, wologar, CCKeane, Cloacamazing!, PlasticAutomaton
CCKeane (3): saladscooper, PlasticAutomaton, PlasticAutomaton, saladscooper, wologar, Maerlyn, b-minus1, shwinnebego, wologar
saladscooper (2): Hal Insandenza, Monathin
Maerlyn (2): Toalpaz, Toalpaz, PlasticAutomaton, WindwardAway, Toalpaz, CCKeane, saladscooper, saladscooper, Cloacamazing!, CCKeane, Cloacamazing!, PlasticAutomaton
Bifauxnen (1): AnonymousNarcotics, AnonymousNarcotics, AnonymousNarcotics
Hal Insandenza (1): b-minus1, b-minus1, CCKeane, CCKeane, Bifauxnen
Toalpaz (0): Monathin, Monathin
Cloacamazing! (0): Illusionis, shwinnebego, Toalpaz, Illusionis, shwinnebego, Toalpaz
shwinnebego (0): Monathin, Monathin
wologar (0): Cloacamazing!, Cloacamazing!, b-minus1, b-minus1, CCKeane, CCKeane
Monathin (0): Illusionis, b-minus1, shwinnebego, b-minus1, saladscooper, Toalpaz, Illusionis, shwinnebego, Toalpaz, saladscooper
b-minus1 (0): Monathin, Monathin, AnonymousNarcotics, AnonymousNarcotics

Not Voting (0):

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 03rd, 2022 at 11 p.m. CET -- that's in about 29 minutes.

Shwinn puts AN to -1. And this is where we end up less than 30 minutes later.

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Votecount for Day 1

CCKeane (8): saladscooper, PlasticAutomaton, PlasticAutomaton, saladscooper, wologar, Maerlyn, b-minus1, shwinnebego, wologar, shwinnebego, wologar, Maerlyn, saladscooper, Maerlyn, AnonymousNarcotics, Cloacamazing!, Monathin, Illusionis
AnonymousNarcotics (3): wologar, shwinnebego, Bifauxnen, shwinnebego, wologar, Illusionis, Bifauxnen, saladscooper, wologar, CCKeane, Cloacamazing!, PlasticAutomaton, shwinnebego, wologar, saladscooper, Cloacamazing!, Illusionis
Maerlyn (2): Toalpaz, Toalpaz, PlasticAutomaton, WindwardAway, Toalpaz, CCKeane, saladscooper, saladscooper, Cloacamazing!, CCKeane, Cloacamazing!, PlasticAutomaton
saladscooper (1): Hal Insandenza, Monathin, AnonymousNarcotics, Maerlyn, Maerlyn, AnonymousNarcotics, Monathin
Hal Insandenza (1): b-minus1, b-minus1, CCKeane, CCKeane, Bifauxnen
Bifauxnen (0): AnonymousNarcotics, AnonymousNarcotics, AnonymousNarcotics, AnonymousNarcotics
Toalpaz (0): Monathin, Monathin
Cloacamazing! (0): Illusionis, shwinnebego, Toalpaz, Illusionis, shwinnebego, Toalpaz
shwinnebego (0): Monathin, Monathin
wologar (0): Cloacamazing!, Cloacamazing!, b-minus1, b-minus1, CCKeane, CCKeane
Monathin (0): Illusionis, b-minus1, shwinnebego, b-minus1, saladscooper, Toalpaz, Illusionis, shwinnebego, Toalpaz, saladscooper
b-minus1 (0): Monathin, Monathin, AnonymousNarcotics, AnonymousNarcotics

Not Voting (0):

Now there's a couple of posters that have really started actively bothering me on a re-read of those last 30 minutes.

Monathin posted:

It's not too late to shift to salad!!!

Mona is the first one here, and AN immediately hops in to make the narrative Salad VS Keane.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

We should all switch to EITHER salad or Keane. Not both 🙃

Maerlyn has some really loving weird justification, but I actually think it makes her town.

Cloacamazing! posted:

Okay, back to the previous case then, ##vote Keane

This is kinda hilarious because Cloaca has not cased Keane at all.

Also bothering me: Illusionis repeatedly posts that AN is their top scum read through the early parts of the day. However, as we get to the last bit of the day, he starts trying to bring up the lurker lunch on me instead of pushing for his actual scum read.

##Vote: Anarc

I feel we were right here, and need to take a firm look at the people who bandwagoned last minute to save him. Illusionis was scum distancing, Monathin lead the charge to swerve. Cloaca and Mona both look real loving bad here.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Just to clarify: I didn't target Maerlyn. I used Maerlyn's coconut gelato selection for my night action that, as far as I know, doesn't visit.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Also noting a few inconsistencies with those players.

Monathin was extremely insistent that Salad was scum D1, but seems to have completely forgotten they existed today. Illusonis was very determined that Anarc was scum D1, but not enough to keep the vote on them, and has not tried to push back at all. Or well, forgot that the game exists, idk. I'll give Cloaca a bit of credit for actually casing Wind today but it still seems like a bandwagon jump. Not sure yet.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

PlasticAutomaton posted:

This is kinda hilarious because Cloaca has not cased Keane at all.

Ummm....

Cloacamazing! posted:

On the Keane case, that wol case of his is weird, I agree. Especially because of this:

Keane has been accusing wol of being scum because he's trying to protect Plastic for pages now, but he doesn't think both of them are scum? If that's not the case, why is wol protecting Plastic an issue? And honestly, the whole "wol is protecting Plastic" thing seems a bit out of left field.

I don't see how this last post is somehow more "keeping Plastic safe" than the earlier part where wol pointed out the same for Maer and Hal.

Cloacamazing! posted:

Actually, now that I think about it, the Keane case really makes no sense with wol's posts here:

Just before the warning, wologar had explicitly stated that he sees Plastic as town, and he has also said that he would vote Illu:

So that's the exact explanation that Keane keeps claiming is missing.

Cloacamazing! posted:

But why is scumwologar interested in protecting Plastic-with-unknown-alignment openly and to the exclusion of other players? This is the part that I don't understand.

I hadn't cast a vote on Keane, because Maerlyn looked worse to me, but I'm pretty sure that's more of a case than any you've made in this game.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

..Also guess I should clarify. I think Illusionis is also scum distancing from Anarc as they pushed and pushed but when time came to get rid of Anarc, they started desperately trying to float alternatives.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

PlasticAutomaton posted:

..Also guess I should clarify. I think Illusionis is also scum distancing from Anarc as they pushed and pushed but when time came to get rid of Anarc, they started desperately trying to float alternatives.

Hmmm. I could see this. ? Could I quote a place to start reading?

Illusi has made a town anarc call in masonry. I'm just curious if they were actually a factor behind the initial push?

What do you think of wind

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Also noting a few inconsistencies with those players.

Monathin was extremely insistent that Salad was scum D1, but seems to have completely forgotten they existed today. Illusonis was very determined that Anarc was scum D1, but not enough to keep the vote on them, and has not tried to push back at all. Or well, forgot that the game exists, idk. I'll give Cloaca a bit of credit for actually casing Wind today but it still seems like a bandwagon jump. Not sure yet.

Yeah I like this maybe

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

plastic's case is actually pretty good

makes me wanna dunk Anarc

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

(cases, really)

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

@plastic what do you think of windward

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

Illusi has made a town anarc call in masonry. I'm just curious if they were actually a factor behind the initial push?

Yeah I like this maybe

i find myself responding in much the same way as toalpaz, gonna treat that as further evidence of townpaz

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

You're on thin ice schwin

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Toalpaz posted:

Is this a new masonry or has it existed all game? Any thoughts of his evolving reads if the latter?

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

You're on thin ice schwin

makes me like u even more

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Monathin was extremely insistent that Salad was scum D1, but seems to have completely forgotten they existed today.

This is called an evolving read, I suggest you look at what's happened today! That might give you some clues as to why I don't partcularly feel keen on salad anymore.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

wologar posted:

Is this a new masonry or has it existed all game? Any thoughts of his evolving reads if the latter?

It doesn't matter. I'll tell you if there's a discrepancy that matters.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hal Insandenza posted:

Absolutely not, that would go against everything I believe in when I am scum

Hmmm it would but I feel like you've had to make that call before tho, I don't think that's an ironclad argument hal

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Toalpaz posted:

Yeah I like this maybe

Just going to out a masonry like that, toal? I dunno. Seems sketch.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Sure Toaly. Goes with this

Illusionis posted:

AN is my highest scum pick for now, not scumhunting, posting fluff, also their vote still being this, with that reason is really suspicious to me.

then three minutes later, tries to float a lurker vote on me.

Illusionis posted:

Plastic's also super lurky, also his vote is this, from couple days ago, with no reasoning at all given on Maer in any posts. This is the first overall vote on Maer.

Illusionis posted:

That said, even if I find that first vote sus, I'm still leaning town on reading Keane. Maer pinged me a bit from that stuff with Yami, so of these two I'm going to be voting Maer.

also lol

..Actually starting to side eye wolo since he was the first AN -> Keane swap, wanna hear more about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Also I'm not really sure about Wind. A bit lurkier than usual but I think they're scared of my gun.