Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

On the frontier of colonised space sits Outpost 4-27a. A research station and waypoint for explorers heading out into the unexplored vastness of deep space. Life on the outpost is generally routine, visitors are few and the days are long and dull. Small cargo liners bring news from the inner planets, supplies and, for many, even a ticket home as relief crews arrive to take over vital duties.

All has not been well recently however. The repair log in engineering has been filling up more rapidly than usual. Supplies have gone missing and strange accidents have led to several crew members being severely injured. Some of the crew have began talking among themselves in hushed whispers. The words ‘sabotage’ and ‘infiltrator’ featuring heavily.

Then, just yesterday, the lead xenobiologist was caught red handed tampering with communication equipment. When challenged the man exploded into a rage and was killed in the ensuing brawl. It is believed he was trying to contact someone or something outside the station. What’s more disturbing is that he was attempting to send a signal outward into deep space. Seemingly acting on a hunch and with little explanation the station commander has ordered a full autopsy of our saboteur. We are meeting tomorrow to discuss the findings…

Welcome to Murder at Outpost 4-27a!

Info
This is a Mafia game for 17 players. This game is fairly role heavy but is not full role madness.

My games often involve unusual mechanics or actions that (despite my best efforts) may not be entirely balanced so be warned. This game does not contain alignment changes or other bastard mechanics.

Game days will be 48-72 hours, nights will be up to 24 hours. Deadlines after Day 1 will be set based on the previous hammer, early hammers are encouraged!

A discord server is setup to manage all the behind the scenes bits and pieces/OTT activity: https://discord.gg/HvYmyrKEn9

Rules
Standard mafia rules apply:

- Don’t be an arsehole.
- Do not edit your posts.
- Do not post about game business after the hammer, if it looks like I’m not going to be around when it drops feel free to remind other posters. This includes if auto-hammer does not fire for whatever reason.
- Lurker rules are as follows; you will receive one warning if you have less than 10 posts at end of day. You will then be modkilled if you fall below this a second time. This limit will be lowered to 5 posts if the day ends 12-24 hours before deadline and removed if it ends >24 hours before deadline.
- Do not directly quote role pm’s or other mod correspondence in thread or in any OOT channels unless given specific permission from a mod.
- Please do not post if you are dead.
- Please do not post if you have been targeted by any day actions until they have been resolved.
- Do not fake day actions.
- No replacements after D2.
- Flavour may or may not mean anything, alignments have been assigned randomly and/or anti-town players have been provided with fakeclaims.

Eliminations
Eliminations will be by majority vote, to vote for a player please use the format ##vote playername and ##unvote to unvote.
All commands must be placed within bold format brackets to be picked up by votefinder (e.g [ b ] ##vote ObamaAkbar. [ /b ], without the spaces).

Night Actions
All night actions will receive one of the following results regardless of their effect:

Your action was successful = Your action has successfully resolved.

Your action failed = Your action was blocked in some way and has not resolved.

Your action was partially successful = For actions with multiple effects. Some of the effects of you action successfully resolved, others were blocked in some way.

If an action is single use then it will only be depleted when that action successfully resolves. Killing actions that hit a protected player for example count as resolved actions and will be expended.

Actions that give you information will return results in the following rough format:

Your target visited PLAYERNAME.

:siren:You will usually not be informed if your action was redirected or interfered with in some other way. Rely solely on night action results at your own peril!:siren:

Players:
  1. b-minus1
  2. CCKeane
  3. CirclMastr
  4. Cloacamazing! (she/her)
  5. Green Wing (She/Her)
  6. Hal Insandenza (he/him/hal)
  7. Idle Amalgam
  8. Illusionis
  9. mega dy (him ham)
  10. Mr. Humalong (w/e)
  11. Opopanax (He/him/opop)
  12. PlasticAutomaton (He/Him/Whatever)
  13. saladscooper
  14. Sandwolf (He/Him)
  15. Tired Moritz
  16. Toalpaz (She/Her & They/Them)
  17. Voodoofly (He/Him/Whatever)

ObamaAkbar. fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Dec 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

HMMM I I GUESS PUT ME AS A REPLACEMENT?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Nah sign me up

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Hello I am a normal human and wish to play Mafia with my good human friends.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
I'm in.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
More space mafia!

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Ok

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Let's see if I remember what to do

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Opop is scum.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Hi

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CCKeane posted:

Opop is scum.

God I hope so

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Suuuuure why not

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I will play Sandwolf game

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I, Paztoal, shall play.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Toal AND dy back? Barnstormer of a game

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I need a yearly reminder that mafia is terrible for my mental health.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I’ll give this a shot.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Life in a frozen outpost far away from everything? Sounds like home!

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

Put me in(to space)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

This has to go better than the last space game

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Por que no?

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Oh weird I totally thought Sandwolf was running this game. Did you post the link or something Sandwolf? Did you and OA switch usernames?

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Can I have spoiled observers, please?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Okay sure I'll play so I can continue my losing streak

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

mega dy posted:

Oh weird I totally thought Sandwolf was running this game. Did you post the link or something Sandwolf? Did you and OA switch usernames?

yeah OA and I switched usernames, I'm OA, pip pip, cheerio, 'ow ah-bout that Hahrry Mahguire??

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

That’s us full!

Make sure you join the discord: https://discord.gg/HvYmyrKEn9

Yata
Dec 8, 2022
Just popping it to say I want to spectate!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yata posted:

Just popping it to say I want to spectate!

Do you want to play!

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

ObamaAkbar. posted:

That’s us full!

Make sure you join the discord: https://discord.gg/HvYmyrKEn9

Just waiting for one more

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

The crew gathered in the station common room with an air of anxious anticipation. The usually punctual commander was already 10 minutes late...

A small group was soon dispatched to retrieve him from his quarters. What greeted them was a grisly sight. The commander’s body was completely eviscerated, his guts spilled out across the floor, his body hanging from a support beam. A full lockdown of the station was soon ordered. No one was to leave until the guilty party was found and strung up.

ObamaAkbarr., Stephen Peters (Town-aligned Commander) was eviscerated Night 0.

quote:

Stephen Peters (Town-aligned Commander)

As current commander of this station you are completely responsible for all activities on the outpost. Dictatorial would be how most describe your leadership style. You will not rest until this outpost is back under complete control.

During the day you may nominate one person to become elimination proof. If they are voted for elimination it will fail. You may change your choice right up until the day ends. You may also ask the moderator to confirm you as Town-aligned openly to the thread at any point. You win when all threats to Town are eliminated.

Before discussions could properly begin the arrival of the autopsy report brought further troubling news. The saboteur was being controlled by an alien parasite known as a hive slug. There was barely enough time to process this revelation however before a massive explosion rocked the station. Those who rushed to the outer windows in time could witness the outpost’s comms array separating from the station and falling out of orbit…

ObamaAkbar. fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Dec 9, 2022

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (17): b-minus1, CCKeane, CirclMastr, Cloacamazing!, Green Wing, Hal Insandenza, Idle Amalgam, Illusionis, mega dy, Mr. Humalong, Opopanax, PlasticAutomaton, saladscooper, Sandwolf, Tired Moritz, Toalpaz, Voodoofly

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 12th, 2022 at 2 a.m. UTC -- that's in about 2 days, 8 hours.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I'm just here so I won't get fined.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

CirclMastr posted:

I'm just here so I won't get fined.

##vote cm

Pretty self explanatory. Horrible bit. Awkward, scum mind.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Classic scumpaz.

##vote toal

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

If people put down some space salt this wouldn't have happened.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Seriously though, the joke was a one-shot deal. I took it easy last game because I needed to recharge my mafia batteries.

My screaming back pain doesn't help but I will do my best.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

In this game I'm gonna roleplay a really chill friendly space lizard

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I hope everybody takes this game seriously! DONUT BADGEr me or I will PD (pretty down) about it.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Hi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

mega dy posted:

In this game I'm gonna roleplay a really chill friendly space lizard

Hopefully not too chill! Lizards are cold blooded!!!!!