Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The only problem I have with BF1 is that every time I try to play something other than Support I wind up thinking things like "I wish I had more ammo right now" or "I wish I could hit that tank/group of infantry behind that building" or "I wish I could put 100 rounds into that bomber" and end up playing Support again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Kibayasu posted:

The only problem I have with BF1 is that every time I try to play something other than Support I wind up thinking things like "I wish I had more ammo right now" or "I wish I could hit that tank/group of infantry behind that building" or "I wish I could put 100 rounds into that bomber" and end up playing Support again.
Also the ol' bait someone into chasing you into a building then throwing a limpet mine on the wall and keep running maneuver.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Every time I get the urge to run Soflam, I remember that randos don't know what the gently caress to do when everything in sight is painted, and I end up switching back to AA.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Limpet mines are a weapon I cannot be mad about. Mortar truck? gently caress you. Bomber? gently caress you.

Limpet mine the building I’m in, causing me to fall to my death in a collapsing fiery heap? Well played good sir.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I can't get mad at bombers in BF1 because literally 2 people on the ground can kill one with very little issue, you have to try to miss a bomber. The little issue is that only one person (me, only me) ever shoots them. Attack planes cause more problems because those can actually avoid my bullets and get out of range in time to repair. I've taken advantage of that myself to terrorize tanks in the tank hunter variant.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Hot Diggity! posted:

Not sure but AI kills may also work.

Yes, AI/single-player kills work for all portal gun unlocks (or attachments/vehicle upgrades). Just not for battle pass stuff.

You may need to be careful with attachments, since I think it bugs out if you try to get more than one "tiers" of attachments in a single match. In such a situation, you have to reach the next "tier" in a multiplayer game.

This reminds me that I need to unlock stuff for the new shotgun and railgun in single-player. It'd be nice to have a longer-range sight on the railgun; even the 3x one you unlock first made a big difference.

Speaking of the railgun, its shots count for the "armor-piercing ammo damage to vehicles" battle pass mission. One good thing about the railgun is that it's functionally a pretty big nerf to all aircraft, since you can do non-trivial damage with it. It's especially easy to hit things like passenger choppers.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Nash posted:

Mortar truck?

Oh man, I totally forgot about the missile truck from BF4. That thing was fun as hell and I'm now sad it doesn't exist in this game.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

Yes, AI/single-player kills work for all portal gun unlocks (or attachments/vehicle upgrades). Just not for battle pass stuff.

You may need to be careful with attachments, since I think it bugs out if you try to get more than one "tiers" of attachments in a single match. In such a situation, you have to reach the next "tier" in a multiplayer game.

This reminds me that I need to unlock stuff for the new shotgun and railgun in single-player. It'd be nice to have a longer-range sight on the railgun; even the 3x one you unlock first made a big difference.

Speaking of the railgun, its shots count for the "armor-piercing ammo damage to vehicles" battle pass mission. One good thing about the railgun is that it's functionally a pretty big nerf to all aircraft, since you can do non-trivial damage with it. It's especially easy to hit things like passenger choppers.

Railgun is great for sniping heli pilots. Will never not be funny.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Ytlaya posted:

I spent half a round shooting the poo poo out of hovercrafts, LAVs, even finished off a Condor. Checked my progress: 4/150.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Nash posted:

Limpet mines are a weapon I cannot be mad about. Mortar truck? gently caress you. Bomber? gently caress you.

Limpet mine the building I’m in, causing me to fall to my death in a collapsing fiery heap? Well played good sir.

I love limpets.

I kind of feel that if I had my loadouts in BF1 when playing 2042, I'd be so much better.

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

Yes, AI/single-player kills work for all portal gun unlocks (or attachments/vehicle upgrades).

I'm just finding this out now? I've been doing things the hard way, jeez.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQza17jhjbc

Finally we can change the minimap scale

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Sirland back at DICE

https://twitter.com/tiggr_/status/1600797194528989187

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
https://twitter.com/BattlefieldComm/status/1600834888000999424

Mouse input fixed?

Also from the same thread:

Battlefield Direct Communication posted:

🔧Improved consistency of Mouse Input Polling

🔸This is an overall improvement to how we process Raw Mouse Input from your device, this change should result in the input of the mouse feeling more consistent

🔧Added support for input devices with very high polling rates

🔸Prior to 3.1.0, any input device higher than 500Hz could have minor instances of input lag, with things worsening as polling rates increased

We now support Input Devices beyond 8000Hz

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Oh lol RevBleech if you play with the same name I just was in a game with you randomly

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Hot Diggity! posted:

Oh lol RevBleech if you play with the same name I just was in a game with you randomly

I do, and if it was some moron emptying his railgun into Condors for the whole match, it was definitely me

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

This is cool

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1m1lflkhxU

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Every time I get the urge to run Soflam, I remember that randos don't know what the gently caress to do when everything in sight is painted, and I end up switching back to AA.
It reduces the lock time of stingers too, so flying things can't use LOS-breakers as effectively, and if you fly a transport you can tell that there is DEFINITELY an increase in things locking you when you're painted, but also without fail every time there'll be someone just shooting their M5 dumb-fired at the thing cause they couldn't figure out how to use it right.

I wish they'd change it so that the M5 would just lock when kinda-pointed at the thing like the stinger does instead of needing to be directly aimed at it.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
I've only ever run SOFLAM when I'm playing with a squad who knows to take advantage of it with rocket launchers

I'm more annoyed by the fact that it's actually a BF4 PLD and the BF4 SOFLAM is nowhere to be found

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I do, and if it was some moron emptying his railgun into Condors for the whole match, it was definitely me
That's not moronic, you're doing god's work

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

ive actually been enjoying this game lately... it's wild

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Fuligin posted:

ive actually been enjoying this game lately... it's wild

Its been fun for a bit now

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Midseason event info:

https://twitter.com/temporyal/status/1602614590575099905

Only 9 rewards, not 12 because Temporyal can't math

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

OneEightHundred posted:

It reduces the lock time of stingers too, so flying things can't use LOS-breakers as effectively, and if you fly a transport you can tell that there is DEFINITELY an increase in things locking you when you're painted, but also without fail every time there'll be someone just shooting their M5 dumb-fired at the thing cause they couldn't figure out how to use it right.

I wish they'd change it so that the M5 would just lock when kinda-pointed at the thing like the stinger does instead of needing to be directly aimed at it.

That’s me dumb firing the M5, looking for a lock-on indicator. What are you supposed to do? Does it do anything for Liz’s rocket?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
You do get a lock on indicator (4 yellow triangles closing in in the middle) with the m5, range is limited though.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I spent half a round shooting the poo poo out of hovercrafts, LAVs, even finished off a Condor. Checked my progress: 4/150.

For some reason I only made significant progress when using the single-fire mode; full automatic didn't give me much progress (maybe not any?). Not sure why.

When I stopped to check, I noticed that one shot (with the sniper mode) was doing 1 damage for the purposes of that mission.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Last week is the first time I didn't finish a weekly mission (the 3 multi-kills), rip

DrChu
May 14, 2002

You should still be able to finish that mission, I think it’s only the bonus ones that are limited to that time frame.

I think I did that one by driving a hovercraft through a crowd, and taking down a couple full Condors.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Last week is the first time I didn't finish a weekly mission (the 3 multi-kills), rip

Yeah you can do Mission later, only the extra mission that awards 10 points is removed after a week is over.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Hopper posted:

Yeah you can do Mission later, only the extra mission that awards 10 points is removed after a week is over.

Yeah, this is why there's usually 1 or 2 third tier missions that are a pain in the rear end each week; you have all season to do them.

You only really need to care about finishing the temp missions. There's a little wiggle room, but not much. For the first season I missed two temp missions and barely finished the BP in time.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

It's such a better battle pass system than whatever the hell COD is doing with theirs right now.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
There are so many rocks on the new map with hosed up collision. You have a clear shot but get sparks as you rounds hit invisible rock material

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Will new weapons (eg railgun) be unlockable if you don't obtain them during the battlepass?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Yeah pretty sure there are challenges like the portal weapons.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Hot Diggity! posted:

It's such a better battle pass system than whatever the hell COD is doing with theirs right now.

At least neither of those are Overwatch 2's, which is hands down the worst battle pass I've ever encountered. Not only are the rewards garbage (especially the amount of in-game currency you get, which is comically low), but all the objectives are split across like 3 or 4 different pages. 2042 gives a pretty good amount of currency; I have over 3000 now, which is enough to get one of the most expensive store packs + another more normally priced one.

But it's nice how easy to understand BF2042's is. There's just a single page that clearly lists out all the objectives. In theory War Zone's thing where you can choose which BP stuff to aim for is kind of neat (my friend and I don't play it nearly enough to actually finish the BP, so we're aiming for different stuff), but the process of getting points is weird.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

How does jackfrags make it look so easy? Everytime I end up watching one of his videos I get hyped up and login only to get stomped repeatedly and frustrated.

The man is marvel.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

DrChu posted:

You should still be able to finish that mission, I think it’s only the bonus ones that are limited to that time frame.

I think I did that one by driving a hovercraft through a crowd, and taking down a couple full Condors.

I think I got all three with land mines. I love my land mines and proudly display my red tier 1 thing on my ID card. And I got that back when they went away when you died.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Due to wartime shortages the M416 had to reuse the M16’s reload animation, which in turn were reused from the M5A3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

At least neither of those are Overwatch 2's, which is hands down the worst battle pass I've ever encountered. Not only are the rewards garbage (especially the amount of in-game currency you get, which is comically low), but all the objectives are split across like 3 or 4 different pages. 2042 gives a pretty good amount of currency; I have over 3000 now, which is enough to get one of the most expensive store packs + another more normally priced one.

But it's nice how easy to understand BF2042's is. There's just a single page that clearly lists out all the objectives. In theory War Zone's thing where you can choose which BP stuff to aim for is kind of neat (my friend and I don't play it nearly enough to actually finish the BP, so we're aiming for different stuff), but the process of getting points is weird.

The rate that BF hands out currency is insanely slow. I've played all 3 seasons, and had 1 and 2 around tier 50-60, and on 3 I'm currently at 30ish. I think I've received only 1500 currency, which got me like... a takedown, with a few battle bux left over.