Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Scarodactyl posted:

The first several of these are suicides in case anyone's wondering. Real bummer.

I assume in this case suicide implies knowledge and intent, not the fact it was self-administered?

Though I am getting a chuckle at the concept of being forcefed energy drinks by the mafia until my heart explodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Suicide by caffeine is one heckuva thing to even conceive of.

Yeah, I could get a bunch of sleeping pills together, take 'em all at once, just peacefully fade away into the darkness. or:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Suicide by caffeine is one heckuva thing to even conceive of.

Yeah, I could get a bunch of sleeping pills together, take 'em all at once, just peacefully fade away into the darkness. or:

Living out their cocaine bear fantasy even when they can't get actual cocaine.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

My understanding was that the LD50 of caffeine was like, 1g per kg of body weight, which would be literally impossible to consume in coffee before your body explodes, because it's like 500 cups of coffee

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

KataraniSword posted:

I assume in this case suicide implies knowledge and intent, not the fact it was self-administered?
A few were cases of people taking dozens of pills that happened to contain caffeine along with other poo poo. The only one that wasn't explicitly described as a suicide was a 19-year-old taking two dozen caffeine pills all at once, which seems difficult to imagine doing accidentally. Basically weird, irrelevant and depressing poo poo to list on a page nominally about realistic dangers of caffeine.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
trivial w pills and powders which is most of em

and ld50 is 50% fatality, obviously caffeine is so common the 5% happens all the time

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

more falafel please posted:

My understanding was that the LD50 of caffeine was like, 1g per kg of body weight, which would be literally impossible to consume in coffee before your body explodes, because it's like 500 cups of coffee
Well, one way or another

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Wasn't there a period while the entire mod staff had pictures of various Nice! products, and that's why this is a similie?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Caffeine is the most culturally accepted drug habit, but in large amounts it can still really screw with your behavior and give you addiction problems, which can sometimes be hard to notice because of how culturally acceptable caffeine is.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

haha

I'd rather eat soy than salivary glands all told.

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

But why waste perfectly good salivary glands?

My aunt has tried to make my grandmother's taco recipe "healthy" by replacing the ground beef with ground turkey and the pork chorizo with soy. It tastes like sadness and makes less of a difference than simply toasting the tortillas instead of frying them.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:mods:

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Buddy, if I gave out a sixer for every time something in this thread grossed me out, at least 25% of y'all would be on probation constantly.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Probation reason: being on-topic

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Paladinus posted:

spyro-subway.jpg

screw you for reminding me of this

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Ranch is a great condiment for lovely pizza or pizza rolls. But those pizza rolls look microwaved which is an affront to God. I’ll wait the extra few minutes to air fry or bake them. Then dip them in a blend of ranch and hot sauce, as Christ intended.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Microwaves are popcorn machines and that is all.

I know there are other ways to make popcorn, but I always find the popcorn too dense when not microwave.

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick

RoeCocoa posted:

But why waste perfectly good salivary glands?

My aunt has tried to make my grandmother's taco recipe "healthy" by replacing the ground beef with ground turkey and the pork chorizo with soy. It tastes like sadness and makes less of a difference than simply toasting the tortillas instead of frying them.

ground turkey can make for awesome tacos but you have to add something else as a flavor bomb to compensate. I make tacos with ground turkey and kimchi and they come out awesome. gotta use the turkey's blandness to its advantage, it sucks up other flavors like a sponge

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

I'm just trying to follow everything:

Big roll
3 hot dogs
Slaw/Kraut
Chopped Tomatoes
Corn
Shoestring fries?
Mashed Potatoes?
Hot Sauce?
Mayo?
Thick rear end Bacon

Did I miss anything?

Mountain Dew cheesecake with a Doritos crust?

I can almost see it. I hate both the ingredients separately, but understand that some people really like them. I could see a dew flavored cheesecake base, and a savory, dorito-esque crust. But if that is ground up doritos, mixed with butter to make a crust, that would be disgustingly greasy. I can feel the grease seeping out of that photo.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Is it ham made out of fish or ham made to look like fish only?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
^^^ 'Made from tender pork'

There's also a vegan version.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

… is it that hard to fry an egg that fried eggs have to be packaged and sold?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:jewish: That is still not kosher!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i like my pizza rolls moist and my ham disintegrated and reshaped into a terrible new form. and i vote.

uber_stoat has a new favorite as of 16:12 on Dec 15, 2022

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

CzarChasm posted:

I'm just trying to follow everything:

Big roll
3 hot dogs
Slaw/Kraut
Chopped Tomatoes
Corn
Shoestring fries?
Mashed Potatoes?
Hot Sauce?
Mayo?
Thick rear end Bacon

Did I miss anything?

After the mashed potatoes it's catupiry and cheddar cream cheese.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

SlothfulCobra posted:

Caffeine is the most culturally accepted drug habit, but in large amounts it can still really screw with your behavior and give you addiction problems, which can sometimes be hard to notice because of how culturally acceptable caffeine is.

Apparently "vegetarian" was also too difficult to parse for this layman linguist.

edit lol grammar

StoryTime has a new favorite as of 16:51 on Dec 15, 2022

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

They have Tesco in Czechia?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Butterfly Valley posted:

They have Tesco in Czechia?

I was also going to ask this, the hell?

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/UPROXX/status/1602833258546348032?t=94A_yquSUZkF5XNsqH5J5g&s=19

i hate it when Tom Cruise's famous holiday coconut cake sadly does not survive the trip

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

quote:

It has shops in Ireland, the United Kingdom, the Czech Republic, Hungary and Slovakia.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Hey, who's ready for some leftovers?

https://twitter.com/70s_party/status/1603401938124828673

corn haver
Mar 28, 2020

Poopelyse posted:

https://twitter.com/UPROXX/status/1602833258546348032?t=94A_yquSUZkF5XNsqH5J5g&s=19

i hate it when Tom Cruise's famous holiday coconut cake sadly does not survive the trip
knowing that he was about to be given tom cruise's famous holiday coconut cake really warranted michael bay engaging his private helicopter. he's frankly a cheapskate and a neglectful, thoughtless person who didn't deserve tom cruise's famous holiday coconut cake, a foodstuff which we all know and envy every day of our miserable, hollow, famous holiday coconut cake-less lives

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Ohh, BLECCH!! Nasty!

Nutritional yeast!

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Brawnfire posted:

Ohh, BLECCH!! Nasty!

Nutritional yeast!

This and soy flour and that was my exact feeling too

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Here's a tip about soy flour: it's better if you toast it a bit before mixing it in the dish at hand.
another tip: replace or mix with chickpea flour, much tastier.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Wanna put my tender
Brains in a blender
Watch em spin round
With some sautéed green pepper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

A tube of soy chorizo is a great addition to a beef stew or chicken chili or taco meat for extra richness. Real chorizo makes it too greasy.