Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
drat, frick is ice cold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
love that face, even better the second time

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

rollick posted:

Speaking of character names, which one of those guys is Barry? They swap names between panels four and five. Unless they're talking about themselves in panel five?
Pretty sure they're talking in the third person because they're pretentious bloggers

Kill Six Billion Demons

Alt text: お前はもう死んでいる
editor's note: You are already dead

quote:

“He who drinks oceans of blood shall never cease bleeding from the mouth.”

-Proverb of the Concordant Knights

Alt text: A splitting, a beginning. A horizon? Dark birds pour in cold rivulets there, shuddering, shuddering.

quote:

“From the cracked shell of the angelic concordance sprang a hot and putrid rose, and a thousand thousand wild burning seeds poured into the smoke of the corpse of the universe, and there spread with a terrible incandescence. But along with these wild embers came a greater power – the sleek and awful perfection of the Thorns.”

– Preem Payapop Pritrum, 5th Treatise on Aeons – what to expect of the Pact

Alt text: If you pronounce ciocie cioelle in a particular way, a magical name will appear

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

rollick posted:

Speaking of character names, which one of those guys is Barry? They swap names between panels four and five. Unless they're talking about themselves in panel five?

they're talking about themselves, there's the little detail (that i love) that they point to each other in panel 4 and point at themselves in panel 5

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

How do you pronounce "ciocie cioelle" in a particular way?

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Captain Hygiene posted:

How do you pronounce "ciocie cioelle" in a particular way?

C-O-C-A C-O-L-A :v:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I forget, was Pree Asma the girl who carried her father's corpse on her back, or was that someone else?

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Youremother posted:

C-O-C-A C-O-L-A :v:
well, until the lawyers get involved then it becomes C-H-E-R-R-Y C-O-L-A

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016

Philippe posted:

I forget, was Pree Asma the girl who carried her father's corpse on her back, or was that someone else?

No, that was Prim, who was an excellent daughter and will make a return in future texts

Asma/ Aesma/ Ashma is a completely different person. I think she was in one of the earlier texts and will definitely feature in some more

Pree is a title/honorific

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Philippe posted:

Pree Asma/Aesma/Ashma is the extremely violent goddess who was one of YISUN's favored students. The one who asked about YISUN's secret name and had her flesh scoured and eyes burned out when she learned it. Prim is Hansa's daughter. They do have similar names

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

RedSnapper posted:

No, that was Prim, who was an excellent daughter and will make a return in future texts

Asma/ Aesma/ Ashma is a completely different person. I think she was in one of the earlier texts and will definitely feature in some more

Pree is a title/honorific

I forgot! There was no finer daughter.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I love swan boy

The comic, not the guy. The guy is terrible

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Fagtastic posted:

...may I see it?

I sold it. Really wish I'd taken a decent photo beforehand...

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: Joost tries to send heroin through the chain to Taro, but it dissipates harmlessly through the ceiling! And thanks to Taro's attacks and the collar around his neck, he can't breathe well enough to attack Taro properly with heroin! Fast Ambulance, Cepelis, and P-Mol watch helplessly from the other side of the door!

Read right to left:

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Does the mullet guy every do anything aside from react with astonishment?
It's an important role but I feel kind of bad for him, never getting to do any rad stuff.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Alexander enters Persepolis.

I really like this sequence of pages. I made a comment earlier about the lack of a Persian perspective in this retelling, but this wordless little sequence says so much about the wealth and splendour of Achaemenid Empire and Alexander's mounting feelings of inadequacy in comparison. He thought these people were just barbarians, and then he sees this.

It's possible he's about to make a bad decision, though.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Tree Bucket posted:

It's an important role but I feel kind of bad for him, never getting to do any rad stuff.

Yes! He also reacts with fear at the peril they find themselves in! He reacts with admiration and love for the nobility and selfless sacrifice of Joost! He reacts with disgust at the villainy of God!

E: Don't forget unfreezing Cepelis' arm on his abs! He's like Joost's Samwise!

rollick
Mar 20, 2009

e-dt posted:

they're talking about themselves, there's the little detail (that i love) that they point to each other in panel 4 and point at themselves in panel 5

haha they do don't they. Barry is the hosed up swimming goggles(?) cat confirmed.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Uramachi Sakaba

Hey it’s volume 2!

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

gof was the moment i finally “got” achewood. now im permabanned poster comicsansstomper58.

this thread taught me how to “get” hitmen for destiny as well for which i am grateful, but i still don’t understand anything about jojo. it has a dream logic plot.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Laserjet 4P posted:

this thread taught me how to “get” hitmen for destiny as well for which i am grateful, but i still don’t understand anything about jojo. it has a dream logic plot.

No you basically got it. There's an inherent logic to everything that happens but you probably won't ever guess what the gently caress anyone's going to do in any situation because the problem is always going to be 1000x harder than it seems and the solution is going to be 1000x removed from whatever you might come up with

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Jojo’s weird (you could even say… bizzare) but I think it’s pretty comprehensible if you’re reading a real translation and not something that’s deliberately random word salad.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Kit Walker posted:

No you basically got it. There's an inherent logic to everything that happens but you probably won't ever guess what the gently caress anyone's going to do in any situation because the problem is always going to be 1000x harder than it seems and the solution is going to be 1000x removed from whatever you might come up with

Some of my very favorite JoJo moments are when someone does the "you fool. Didn't you know my plan was to get kicked in the dick all along?" move

PiratePrentice
Oct 29, 2022

by Hand Knit
JoJo is also a lot easier to understand with the regular translation instead of the duwang one. The pacing is crazy but the events of the story make sense in context.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

it's very easy to understand; it's bad

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Tree Bucket posted:

Well, in future installments he becomes a millionaire and sets up a big non-profit organization, both of which chiefly serve to provide Joost's descendants with helicopters. Dunno if you'd count that as doing anything.

Also he was the one who warned Joost that God had a knife and was totally going to shank him just before God became a vampire. Joost wouldn't be alive if not for that!

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Some of my very favorite JoJo moments are when someone does the "you fool. Didn't you know my plan was to get kicked in the dick all along?" move

"Getting kicked in the dick allowed me to send those kicks back in time, right at your grandma when she was standing on top of the stairs! Now history has been rewritten to one where she had to go to the hospital, and you're now suffering from a crippling degree of ennui as you remember the face of your injured grandmother and know that it was your fault!"

"Yare yare, I thought you'd do something like that, which is why I replaced my grandmother with a perfect replica made entirely out of a baobab tree, the only tree my power works on and just so happens to be the exact kind of tree my grandmother has in her garden. That's not ennui you're sensing, that's my disappointment at how predictable you are!"

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

cw: suicide

Penultimate Quest

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Kit Walker posted:

"Getting kicked in the dick allowed me to send those kicks back in time, right at your grandma when she was standing on top of the stairs! Now history has been rewritten to one where she had to go to the hospital, and you're now suffering from a crippling degree of ennui as you remember the face of your injured grandmother and know that it was your fault!"

"Yare yare, I thought you'd do something like that, which is why I replaced my grandmother with a perfect replica made entirely out of a baobab tree, the only tree my power works on and just so happens to be the exact kind of tree my grandmother has in her garden. That's not ennui you're sensing, that's my disappointment at how predictable you are!"

dude, spoilers

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

ok message received

fritz has a new favorite as of 15:07 on Dec 19, 2022

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

fritz posted:

I'm going to doublepost here and give to you this repost from the other thread:

Magical Shark Girl Pretty Ponpon

And because it's necessary for tomorrow's posting.

:chloe:

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

Onward we move to day two.

There are no side dishes.

Off-camera, Cody Travis outlines his new album, In Christ Our Fight Is Won.

It is recommended that the bird be in the back of a dude's car for up to half an hour.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Big Keenspot/Drunkduck vibes from that one.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

oh whatever it's not that weird

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

pop team epic the musical

this one could be two panels

i was scared of quicksand as a kid cuz it seemed so prolific a hazard in so many comics and cartoons

if you've never seen the japanese x-men cartoon intro you REALLY should go watch it. it's insane. (the english one is iconic too for the music but you GOTTA see that animation)

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

the "you are food now" joke did make me smile tbf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

oh whatever it's not that weird

You know why you think that? Because YOU'RE weird!!