Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

Vintersorg posted:

Oh they don't even fly you down and put you in a hotel? I always thought that was the case.

they do if you're a returning champion or there for ToC or something but yeah the hoi polloi have to pony up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

No offense intended to Zelensky at all, because I know he and his country have been through it, but I'm sick of carefully choreographed political stagecraft and would rather watch Jeopardy.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

No offense intended to Zelensky at all, because I know he and his country have been through it, but I'm sick of carefully choreographed political stagecraft and would rather watch Jeopardy.

Search the airdate on YouTube, people upload the day of and you can usually catch it before it gets copyright removed. That's how we watched today.

I lost to a TOC participant! :woop:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Poque posted:

Search the airdate on YouTube, people upload the day of and you can usually catch it before it gets copyright removed. That's how we watched today.

Ah, thanks! Were you the episode with Mary or did someone mess up the episode order on Youtube?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Ah, thanks! Were you the episode with Mary or did someone mess up the episode order on Youtube?

Nah I was this past Friday.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Poque posted:

:hfive:

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

That rear end in a top hat Pat Sajak wasn't affected by this at all on my affiliate.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
My ABC station had Jeopardy but bumped Wheel.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
West Coast Best Coast :cool:

Good game today, too

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Zero One posted:

My ABC station had Jeopardy but bumped Wheel.

Not sure if Wheel got bumped here since I don't watch Wheel but I'd assume any OTA station with a national news presence in the US got bumped at 00:30 UTC.

Didn't know Gene Autry wrote Santa Claus is Coming to Town so that's neat. Bit of a heavyweight Ontario fight, Alex would be proud.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
Some mice got to our camp food, quite the story there.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Champ please stop spinning......please.....stop.....

STOP SPINNING!!!!

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

banned from Starbucks posted:

Champ please stop spinning......please.....stop.....

STOP SPINNING!!!!

Seconded.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I like the spinning

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I like the spinning

:hmmyes:

I like everything about Ray

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Cognac McCarthy posted:

:hmmyes:

I like everything about Ray

Can you think of maybe one thing you don't like

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

My family was wondering about the swaying and an article said this:

quote:

While some fans might be annoyed by LaLonde, the Ontario native has a medical reason for his swaying. According to TBS News Watch, “He suffered some spinal cord damage over a period of years and had to work hard to prevent muscle spasms in his legs while he was on camera.”
…so maybe I’d say he can sway as much as he wants, I’m fine.

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
Ray is cool as hell. I hope he goes on a super long run.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Hooray, Sway Ray Pay Day... May Bay?

K.

Also the swaying isn't anything, I can't even stand in place for long periods of time so at least it's a swivel back and forth like a dance, instead of what typically happens - an award contestant puts the device above the podium and keeps rapidly pressing even though they were locked out.

Anything to calm contestants down and let them do well!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I get it. I have a compression fracture in my spine (knocked my height down by a little over two inches), and it's incredibly painful for me to be on my feet for more than five minutes or so, to say nothing of the time it would take to tape multiple episodes of Jeopardy in a day.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Today's final seemed... exceptionally obscure to me

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I'm surprised he doesn't want a chair, iirc multiple contestants have had chairs in the past for whatever reason

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Another great bet from third place there to essentially guarantee third place

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

It's incredible that nobody on the J! production team took the decision to short-circuit the casting process, get Ray's twin brother on the first plane to Los Angeles, and have them play in a game against each other.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Today's final seemed... exceptionally obscure to me

i looked at it just now and thought "heh, i can see why someone else thinks that's obscure. but i, an incredibly smart man, know it's obviously Annabelle Lee."

...uh, yeah. agreed

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Are old episodes available for streaming anywhere? Other than youtube uploads? I want to see a big bunch of 80s or 90s episodes.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I AM GRANDO posted:

Are old episodes available for streaming anywhere? Other than youtube uploads? I want to see a big bunch of 80s or 90s episodes.
Pluto TV (free) has a streaming channel with mostly 90s and 2000s episodes and I believe you can browse them on demand through the app as well.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Netflix has, at times, had ToCs up there, along with stuff like "The Buzzy Cohen collection" or whatever but i don't think they currently have anything :(

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

A whole category about flutes in rock music and no mention of Jethro Tull is an incredible waste.

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

I thought so too. I kept telling my kid the next one is gonna be Jethro Tull. And I was wrong five times.

They won a Grammy for it and the brat doesn’t even know who they are

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Some excellent "my buzzer is broken" body language from Emily today!

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

CPColin posted:

Some excellent "my buzzer is broken" body language from Emily today!

i saw boomers whining on facebook about it and assumed it was just, you know, sexism

but then i read your post and went to go actually watch the episode and wow lmao incredible

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
I'm on Wheel of Fortune tonight :)

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Oooh retro good luck!!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Hell yes, get it!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The Human Cow posted:

I'm on Wheel of Fortune tonight :)

Congrats! Will we know which one you are if we watch tonight? :)

Also: is it tonight that Miyam's run of episodes begins?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

I think Mayim starts FILMING soon, but her episodes won't air for 6+ weeks if that's the case.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Poque posted:

I think Mayim starts FILMING soon, but her episodes won't air for 6+ weeks if that's the case.

She begins taping next week (in addition to the tournaments), but, yes, her episodes won't air until late February or early March. They're goosing the taping schedule a bit to work around her Call Me Kat filming requirements.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Thanks. I thought we were going to have another round of Mayim episodes. Glad to hear we get a little more time with Ken first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

Maybe! I'm the dork behind the blue podium.