Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
(jump to votecount)

(source)

In every culture and in every time, a wedding is a big deal: from the families to the food to the pageantry, a wedding requires immense planning and the celebrations can last for weeks. In Arrentia those without social standing or title are generally free to marry for love alone, but those who have the misfortune of power and privilege must marry for duty. At least these couplings are sure to endure: love can grow and wane, but an alliance of interests lasts for generations. For instance, the Junia family of Ledola are some of the wealthiest in the Imperia, and their only daughter Hippolyta is the heir to this vast fortune. She is betrothed to Robert Prae, and both families agree this is a good match. Robert is refined and genteel, and the Praes - of "Prae & Assoc's. Trading Co." - are successful Mereaux merchants whose status compliments the Junia portfolio nicely.
For months the clans have planned and fussed over every detail and made many compromises: the Praes wanted the ceremony by the river in Wayrest, while the Junias wanted an extravagant Arrentish service in a cathedral; the Praes wanted a modern string quartet, the Junias preferred a traditional eunuch choir; the Praes wanted seafood, the Junias lamb. There were times it seemed like both sides might have lost their tempers and called the whole thing off, yet still they persevered.

Today is the day. After all this, what could possibly go wrong?

Welcome to this game of mafia! This is a 24+ player closed-setup game - as many people who sign up will get to play, but it needs at least 24. It is a "traditional" game; there will be little that isn't featured on the SA Mafia Wiki. However there might still be some surprises thrown your way! Who knows?

The standard mafia rules apply: don't do anything that could be construed as "not in the spirit of mafia." But I'm not a huge stickler for rules, so as long as you don't break the game it'll probably be fine. For instance, feel free to edit your posts to fix minor things like formatting, even if you get caught by the ninja; just be reasonable about it.

However, please remember that I reserve the right to punish someone as I see fit for whatever thing they do.

My unique quirk: please ##unvote before re##voting. I will not count revotes without unvotes unless you are a double-voter.

Please post every day. If you haven't posted for a while, I'll prod you with a PM. If you have a reason why you're not posting, feel free to tell me -- I like to think I'm fairly reasonable. If you aren't posting and it's going to be a chronic problem, I'll ask if you want a replacement; it's up to you, I just want everyone to have a good time, you included.

Every game day will have a deadline. If a majority vote has not been reached by then, the day will end with no execution. Note that if I am ever for some reason unavailable for a deadline I've set, you should assume it's floating.

To sign up, say whether you want to play or be a replacement, and whether or not you have PMs. If you don't have PMs, include your email. I'm "eccoraven" via g-mail. I only check my email once a week, so if you don't have Platinum you should really consider getting it! Additionally, if you live outside of North America, please include your time zone!

If you are living with, or otherwise have regular OOT contact with, another player in the game, please tell me when signing up. It won't affect your chances for playing the game, I just like to know these things in advance.

Here we go!

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jan 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c:

Current Phase: GAME OVER
:h: N / A
:d: N / A

1) AnonymousNarcotics (they/them)
2) b-minus1
3) birdstrike
4) chaoslord
5) CirclMastr
6) Hal Insandenza (he/him/hal)
7) hambeet (he/him)
8) Idle Amalgam
9) Ignatius M. Meen (he/him/whatever)
10) Moatillata (moat/vote)
11) Monathin (he/they)
12) My Second Re-Reg
13) Nep-Nep (She/Her)
14) NeverHelm (He/Him)
15) Pinterest Mom
16) Referee (He/him)
17) Rhymes With Clue
18) saladscooper
19) Sandwolf (He/Him)
20) shwinnebego (he/him)
21) Snooze Cruise
22) SporkChan
23) t a s t e
24) Tired Moritz
25) Toalpaz (She/Her & They/Them)
26) WindwardAway (she/her/whatever)

Night Actions:

Night 0: Varinn, Valerie Prae, Auntie (town-aligned vanilla), died. Illandir, Gregoria, Servant (town-aligned vanilla), died.
Day 1: chaoslord, Irene Kontos, Baker (mafia-aligned goon), executed.
Night 1: Nobody died night 1! How mysterious! Or maybe not?
Day 2: Monathin, Kamila Przmysłava, Archaeologist (mafia-aligned inventor), executed.

:frogc00l:
THE REMAINING SCUM HAVE SURRENDERED
THE TOWN HAS WON
GAME OVER

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jan 26, 2023

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
i gotta get in on this.

twigav1@gmail.com

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Let's go. I'm in like flynn.

I have PMs.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

Roles via platinum PM? No votefinder? Necessity of unvoting? It's mafia like I remember it back in 2009!

Sure I'll play two games at once, I'm intrigued by this.

I have plat. I'm in GMT.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

The stuff you come up with is wild, I have to sign up. Have PMs, timezone is Central US.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Not reading any of that but I am signing up for EccoGame

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Okay I'll play

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Oh snap, an Ecco game? With 24 players? Absolutely (I have PMs).

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

I will play this, PST AND PLATINUM

I will be playing as the guy in red making both people touch his junk

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Ah, poo poo.

*rubs hands*

An ecco game.

I have PMs and what not.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh sure, I will read a PM again for this game

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Sure, I'm in and have PMs.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I love Eccogames and this is NOT a signup yet but I am seriously considering it. Glad to see you back running these.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

u can pm me Ecco (this is a signup post)

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.
Count me in!
I have PMs enabled and my timezone is Central European (6 hours ahead of US Eastern).

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
24+ players? Well sure, I needed something to keep me occupied during the summer months this year, sign me up.

I have PMs, and I'm in EST.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Hal Insandenza posted:

Oh sure, I will read a PM again for this game

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

ok

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I look forward to playing this when it fills.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Ecco game! Sign me up

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Ecco game! Sign me up!

I have PMs.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Sorry I was on the subway and didn't realize it posted twice

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I've updated the OP with all the signups so far. We need at least 6 more. Bug your friends!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EccoRaven posted:

I've updated the OP with all the signups so far. We need at least 6 more. Bug your friends!

Ecco, come play in this mafia game!

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Bold of you to assume we have friends

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Referee posted:

I love Eccogames and this is NOT a signup yet but I am seriously considering it. Glad to see you back running these.

EccoRaven posted:

Okay, put me in and I’ll do my best. Not promising overwhelming amounts of content but I’ll do my best for EccoGame. :)

Edit: I have PMs.

Referee fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jan 5, 2023

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Very well

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Referee posted:

Okay, put me in and I’ll do my best. Not promising overwhelming amounts of content but I’ll do my best for EccoGame. :)

Edit: I have PMs.

Mods change his name to overwhelming amounts of content

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I'll play. I do have PMs.

Hoping not to get repeatedly trampled by sheep this time

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

Sorry, withdrawing I'm afraid

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.
Yeah, OK. Let's see if this game will be the one to break my all-town streak. My timezone is Central European, and I do have PMs.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.
I might be low content in the middle of the week, still not having to go into an office some days, but I'm in.

Eastern US timezone and I have PMs.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I will leave recruitment open until Monday, with a tentative launch for Wednesday. Longtime fans of Ecco Games just chuckled, and they are right to do so, but work just slowed down so I'm mostly free during the day so, who knows what's possible.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Have never played an Ecco game, sounds cool. If I'm too late tap me if you need a sub. US MDT

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hmm i've not played mafia before, can i play?

i have pms

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh i'm also the thunder from down under (gmt 10+ aedst)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i am signing up

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

hmm i've not played mafia before, can i play?

i have pms

Welcome aboard friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Snooze Cruise posted:

i am signing up

Is this a sign up