Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Cloacamazing! posted:

Take the worst of both worlds, people who replace showers with axe bodyspray!

I see you've met my uni classmates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
have you ever had your sinuses invaded by a nasty stench that must have come from a faulty sewer pipe but no, it was your manager all along

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

wologar posted:

have you ever had your sinuses invaded by a nasty stench that must have come from a faulty sewer pipe but no, it was your manager all along

If by “manager” you mean my-

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Everyone avoiding game chat so far. Personally have a slight gut ping on wologar and an even lighter one on binus. Not much to work with at the moment though

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I’m town

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I agree with you where are the posts

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Everyone with less posts than Cena will receive an angrily worded memo.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m vanilla town

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

wologar posted:

Everyone with less posts than Cena will receive an angrily worded memo.

FEWER

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I'm too busy being disgusted at that conversation about not washing.

But also if we're going to actually play mafia.

wologar posted:

But I know enough to believe that we may have an arsonist around.

Mind explaining this one?

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I’ve only seen the movie once but I remember one of the characters (Milton of something?) burns the office down so it’s not a bad shout

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Grandicap posted:

I am sensitive to scents, I understand where they are coming from. I never told someone to stop doing a thing, I would just keep my distance if it made my eyes water (and not from wearing like too much, normal amounts of scent could trigger me). But if I had to share an office with someone who triggered a reaction in me would be very difficult.

I once worked in a cubicle next to a co-worker who wore Opium (and I like Opium, but it does make my eyes water). But the problem was as soon as she couldn't smell it on herself, about once an hour, she would apply more. And despite the barrier between us, and they were high dividers, at that point my right eye would start to water, then they both would, and then I'd start to get itchy. So one day I walked out of my office and somebody asked me if I'd been napping or if somebody had slapped me (high probability of either one, I guess) because the right side of my face was flaming red. So at that point I asked her if she could go somewhere else to reapply that stuff. And she did.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

ObamaAkbar. posted:

I’ve only seen the movie once but I remember one of the characters (Milton of something?) burns the office down so it’s not a bad shout

Why are you answering for Wologar?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

b-minus1 posted:

I’m town

Me too tbh, had hoped for scum. But everyone knows my power level is too high as scum.

Mods are forced to make me mod confirmed town for balance reasons unfortunately... dang.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

If by “manager” you mean my-

*sprays Febreze in Sandwolf's general direction*

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Maerlyn (2): Grandicap, PlasticAutomaton
wologar (1): Maerlyn
AnonymousNarcotics (1): Rhymes With Clue
Cloacamazing! (1): wologar, wologar, wologar, wologar, wologar
Sandwolf (1): b-minus1
Grandicap (1): Illusionis
Green Wing (0): wologar, wologar

Not Voting (8): AnonymousNarcotics, Cloacamazing!, Green Wing, Idle Amalgam, Mr. Humalong, ObamaAkbar., Sandwolf, Toalpaz

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 05th, 2023 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 5 hours.

Please remember to include a completed cover sheet on your TPS Reports!

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

PlasticAutomaton posted:

I'm too busy being disgusted at that conversation about not washing.

But also if we're going to actually play mafia.

Mind explaining this one?

Yep, this:

ObamaAkbar. posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk7Jjl3qX5o

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Cloacamazing! posted:

Hello, my fellow co-workers, and what a wonderful day it is! Let's all work hard today to help our wonderful company profit!

Corporate shill ##vote clo

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

PlasticAutomaton posted:

It was a reference to the movie lol, pretty sure almost everyone caught it

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

##vote plastic

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

*clears throat*

I believe you have my stapler :)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

##vote plastic

Remember Plas was just scum in OA game and they were very laid back there tho?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

A meta defense of another player

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
My latest office grievance involves my bafflement at fully grown adults who leave actual food and/or bathroom stuff trailing on their mitts as they touch every surface in the breakroom with what I imagine has to be deliberate intent. You don't leave millimeter(s) thick accumulations on the surface of things without deliberate, superspreader, intent.

It's disgusting and I know I must look like a madman on the camera, wiping down these filth-addled surfaces with a scowl on my face, but I just cannot for the life of me understand it. It's slowly driving me crazy.

That and the people who commit toilet stall/urinal crimes that I will not go into detail about. I imagine they just must be actual cloven-hooved fiends with bifurcated tongues and unwiped, unclean bodies. It is driving me... crazy.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Eh people seem to be going from jokey to serious very rapidly and it's weird. There's about a day left before deadline though so here's what's jumped out at me so far:

I did get weird vibes from wolo's vote on green wing before Cena had even started the game; I always have this feeling of wolo being kinda aloof and like I commented he seemed oddly eager. The arsonist comment was weird too initially but I had forgotten that Milton burned the building down, I just remember him as freaking out about his stapler.

Setup spec in general or in Cena games is risky though; he put a Matrix character in HOA mafia, lol. I don't know that it makes sense to have an arsonist in a 15 player game but I'm not gonna worry about that too much for now.

Tentative town vibe on Plastic because I don't see him doing stuff like this if scum:

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Sand already said as much but it's a little more direct than I expect from Plastic.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Arsonist makes a lot of sense in a 17 player game though. And if its a role Cena liked a lot he might have been loathe to get rid of it.

But also, it was a joke about the movie. Which can inform the roles, sure, but it also doesn't make much sense to speculate about it now.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

But I think it really is Maer now.
That felt like an inorganic push to serious content. But also not a helpful one. It was performative.

##vote Maer

My vote was already there, but that was a joke vote, this one is real.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

My tongue is not bifurcated wtf

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Grandicap is scum

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
No doubt about it

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Idle Amalgam posted:

My latest office grievance involves my bafflement at fully grown adults who leave actual food and/or bathroom stuff trailing on their mitts as they touch every surface in the breakroom with what I imagine has to be deliberate intent. You don't leave millimeter(s) thick accumulations on the surface of things without deliberate, superspreader, intent.

It's disgusting and I know I must look like a madman on the camera, wiping down these filth-addled surfaces with a scowl on my face, but I just cannot for the life of me understand it. It's slowly driving me crazy.

That and the people who commit toilet stall/urinal crimes that I will not go into detail about. I imagine they just must be actual cloven-hooved fiends with bifurcated tongues and unwiped, unclean bodies. It is driving me... crazy.

All work and no play, imo.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Sandwolf posted:

He's the unclean one! Get him!

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
My thoughts on Maer's thoughts on me are that she's only seen me as town once.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

b-minus1 posted:

Grandicap is scum

Sadly no.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I work in an office now. I have a big cubical. It's very much a temporary thing, but it's very wonderful. I have my own little island. My coworkers are clean and very kind. They're knowledgeable and helpful. Every day is a blessing.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Idle Amalgam posted:

Well yeah, if I saw someone using a scowl instead of a towel I would definitely think he was a madman. HR! Quick!

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I literally have never seen a second of Office Space soo.

##Vote: OA

Leaping in to defend a supposedly obvious joke comment from another player for easy town cred.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

PlasticAutomaton posted:

I literally have never seen a second of Office Space soo.

##Vote: OA

Leaping in to defend a supposedly obvious joke comment from another player for easy town cred.

:goofy:

##vote plastic

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Sandwolf posted:

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Grandicap posted:

But I think it really is Maer now.
That felt like an inorganic push to serious content. But also not a helpful one. It was performative.

##vote Maer

My vote was already there, but that was a joke vote, this one is real.

I voted wolo based on something that rubbed me the wrong way early and am explaining why I'm keeping my vote there (although I guess I forgot to actually say that part). It's the same thing I've done tens of times before so acting like this is something performative from me is false.

wologar posted:

My thoughts on Maer's thoughts on me are that she's only seen me as town once.

I've seen you as town several times! Each unique like a beautiful snowflake so I don't know where this statement is coming from.

I realize I'm only operating on two nights of little sleep so I'm gonna sleep on it and reevaluate in the morning, see what else others have to say.