Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
The Toal Situation
Didn't really post much over the day, and it's a bit all over the place.

Toalpaz posted:

alright see you folks at deadline

There's a bit of a back-and-forth with wol here, ending in her voting him because she claims to read Maer as town. I'm still not entirely sure if that was serious or not.

wologar posted:

I meant that from all the times we've played together, she'd thought I was scum all but once (hence "she's only seen me as town once"). And I've always been town.

Toalpaz posted:

It's a good thing my opinion is in my head so you can't use my secret opinion of you as a gauge. For my real opinion for you as a gauge of my real alignment.

Toalpaz posted:

Powerful "town" vibes from Mae, I'm going to blindly trust her dark vote.

##vote wologar

Later throws out a couple reads and votes.

Toalpaz posted:

I would vote sandwolf for claiming this early under no pressure, seems sussy

Toalpaz posted:

##vote RWC

Toalpaz posted:

Illu is acting very suspiciously

And mostly settles on Maer until two minutes after deadline.

Going purely by her posts, the only thing that sticks out is the earlier claim of trusting Maerlyn and then moving on to vote for her and try to switch the votes away from RWC. If it weren't for the late vote AND RWC flipping scum, I would probably read her as town from this. As it is, definitely suspicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
The Grandi Situation
Early jokevote-to-real-vote on Maer, if nothing else Grandi pushing her at the end of day was consistent behavior.

Grandicap posted:

##vote Maer

For wearing the minimum 15 pieces of flair. It's up to you if you want to do the bare minimum, but people come to Tchochkes for more than just a hamburger. We just want you to express yourself.

Grandicap posted:

But I think it really is Maer now.
That felt like an inorganic push to serious content. But also not a helpful one. It was performative.

##vote Maer

My vote was already there, but that was a joke vote, this one is real.

Claimed VT.

Grandicap posted:

I'm interested in where this is going, so yes, I am VT.

The Illu/binus stuff happened, which caused Grandi to suspect Illu.

Grandicap posted:

I'm leaning Illus over RWC.

Grandicap posted:

Let's make it a reality.

##vote Illus

Grandicap posted:

Bad posts that feel bad.

Grandicap posted:

Going hard on the binus VT thing looks like scum trying to jump on a mistake rather than them thinking it actually looks scummy. Lurker callout d1. The clo vote was the same type of jump on a thing for a technically valid reason, but easy to hide behind one.

And bad feels.

Grandicap posted:

This the only sus RWC post I see. I don't have a problem with the rest of their stuff, but this one is very self conscious about the Sandvig and Sand's reaction to Sandvig.
Not voting here unless we hit deadline and need to not no execute.

Grandicap posted:

Yeah, Maer still scum. 3rd vote, with a bad gotcha on RWC, cherry picking a throwaway joke line and going all in on it. Not pushing for RWC but still there.

Would switch back to Maer in a heartbeat. Wasn't thinking about her until she posted the vote count with no content, not advocating for a RWC execution, just trying to provide something low key useful to hide behind.

Grandicap posted:

## vote RWC

Got distracted beat sabering. Vr is fun

Grandi's been mostly consistent with his votes here, he read Maer as scum early and voted for her, moved to Illu when he looked suspicious to him, advocated both over RWC who he didn't really see a case on and switched votes to avoid a no lunch. Could still be scum trying to move votes away from RWC, but between him and Toal, she's looking worse.

I don't think they're both scum, that would definitely be too blatantly obvious. It must have been obvious for scum that even if they could turn this into a no lunch, the chances of RWC surviving D2 weren't good.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
The IA Situation
Well we are starting things off with a D1 town claim. I don't like D1 town claims.

Idle Amalgam posted:

Confirming I'm mod confirmed town and that I'm not a famous singer.

What up?

Idle Amalgam posted:

Me too tbh, had hoped for scum. But everyone knows my power level is too high as scum.

Mods are forced to make me mod confirmed town for balance reasons unfortunately... dang.

And then the stuff right before deadline.

Idle Amalgam posted:

With only minutes to spare, the one true mafia expert and super detective returns to the thread with hot takes and invaluable insights. You can rest easy now.

The scum is one or more of Mae, Plastic, OA, Sand

Idle Amalgam posted:

##vote Mae

YEEEEEEEEEEEE

HAAAWWWWWW

Idle Amalgam posted:

*Holds up hands semi-suggestively.*

What if?...

Maer and Anarc are both scum.

Before he burritoed off. This is looking absolutely terrible.

Idle Amalgam posted:

Well, going to admit I was wrong with my hot takes yesterday. I'll be more present this game day.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
The RWC Situation
Because I should probably look at the confirmed scum at some point.

Not a lot to go on here, we start with a vote on AN.

Rhymes With Clue posted:

##Vote AnonymousNarcotics

This is not someone's got a case of the Mondays but it's close enough

She later does the "jokevote is serious vote now" thing:

Rhymes With Clue posted:

It was not a serious vote at the time but it is now. And I just said that, a couple of posts above this.

Before that there's the FMK/PIV/CMV post that started the RWC train and that's a lot of abbreviations.

Rhymes With Clue posted:

I will use the FMK technique to sharpen my thinking.

Protect: illusionis, this is probably some kind of psychological carryover from last game i was in with him
Investigate: Maerlyn, who always looks towny to me when she's scum and scummy when she's town, and looks kinda scummy to me right now
Vig: Sandwolf, do I need a reason?

I have not yet seen anyone I'd rather vote over AN but it could happen.

I'm just trying to do the minimum here not to get fired or bitched at by my eight bosses!

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Also Maer has used the word "weird" a lot, and also jumped on the vote leader, which is me. Moving me more toward scummy Maer.

The in retrospect interesting part is the mention of Maerlyn looking scummy. Seeing as both Toal and Grandi were trying to get a Maerlyn train going, she's gotten a lot of attention from scum and scummy looking players on D1. Then comes a bit of back and forth with Sandwolf Sandraging over the Sandvig, and this post from binus:

b-minus1 posted:

Rhymes claim is scummy as hell

b-minus1 posted:

I think I made that up. For some reason I thought rhymes claimed lol

Which is seriously confusing and I would really like binus to elaborate on it. RWC didn't claim anything, but scumchat may very well have talked about what they would fakeclaim if pressed. Are we seeing a binus scumslip here? Was Illu right? Did binus... lie about being town?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
In order to avoid not voting again, I'll put my vote down on ##vote Toalpaz for now, as she looks the scummiest currently. Would definitely like to hear her version of events.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
I'm going with Toal for that no lunch performance ##vote Toalpaz

IA also looks pretty bad there, but I think Toal is worse.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Cloacamazing! posted:

Which is seriously confusing and I would really like binus to elaborate on it. RWC didn't claim anything, but scumchat may very well have talked about what they would fakeclaim if pressed. Are we seeing a binus scumslip here? Was Illu right? Did binus... lie about being town?

There probably was a scum or 2 riding the RWC bus and Binus does look like a pretty likely one.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

##vote Toalpaz

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I'm not going to defend myself, I actively campaigned against executing scum, but I hope people see I was wrong not scum.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

JOHN CENA posted:

After a busy workday, some troubling emails find their way to The Bobs. After much deliberation, the decide now is a good time to separate Mr.Humalong from his current position.

Mr.Humalong was FIRED during the night!

So long, Mr. Huma.

Interesting that the boss was just vanilla.

JOHN CENA posted:

It appears that someone has had enough of their actions being jammed, and took matters into their own hands. After work hours, Rhymes With Clue, the office printer was subjected to horrific acts of violence.

Rhymes With Clue was brought into an open field and SAVAGELY BEATEN TO DEATH during the night!

Day Two begins now!

lmao

There is no escape.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

ObamaAkbar. posted:

IA was literally around right before deadline and allowed the no lunch ##vote IA.

Sandwolf also didn’t vote the entire day and is on my radar too

At this point, Toal has enough votes, but why did you vote IA and not Toal? Toal was egregiously there! At least IA could try to say he was burritoeing or something.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

wologar posted:

So long, Mr. Huma.

Interesting that the boss was just vanilla.

Hmm, that is interesting, I am a vaguely antagonistic character too. Wonder if the scum are Peter, Michael Bolton and Samir. Could be fun.

Didn't someone claim Michael Bolton?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Wait, that's dumb, RWC flipped scum and is a printer.

Carry on.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Cloaca is working hard for the now open manager position. It's great to see.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Grandicap posted:

I'm not going to defend myself, I actively campaigned against executing scum, but I hope people see I was wrong not scum.

Wait, do you still think that Maer is scum or not?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Thank you to whoever killed obvious scum rhymes. I was going to suggest a turbo to make up for that fuckup of a d1.

Now that rhymes flipped scum I’m pretty much confirmed town.

Also my action failed and I’m not happy about it

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Ah so rhymes prolly roleblocked me

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

wologar posted:

Cloaca is working hard for the now open manager position. It's great to see.

I'm like the only person who actually works here, I know RWC claimed to work, but she turned out to be a jammed printer. It's time for management to see what great things I bring to the table.

(Also, thank you for the sleepy baby seal picture.)

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

wologar posted:

Wait, do you still think that Maer is scum or not?

Leaning no, but the flip doesn't clear her imo.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

wologar posted:

At this point, Toal has enough votes, but why did you vote IA and not Toal? Toal was egregiously there! At least IA could try to say he was burritoeing or something.

Id vote either. Is this an attempt at a gotcha?

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

The flip doesn’t clear anyone obviously but I’m less inclined to look at mae.

Cloaca’s analysis of grandi is pretty good and I can see that it’s very possible he didn’t purposefully try to push the lunch away from RWC.

As for cloaca I think her recent posting and analysis has been pretty towny for the most part.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Illusionis posted:

There probably was a scum or 2 riding the RWC bus and Binus does look like a pretty likely one.

How am I a likely scum lol I pushed rhymes for most of d1. Do you seriously think that I was bussing rhymes all day

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
What the hell is burritoing.

I'll tell ya about my disappearance. It's called laying down my opinions on friday night, drinking 3 white claws, and falling asleep in my computer chair while thinking about playing dwarf fortress or darktide or zomboid or writing something, but just falling asleep instead. Too tired from work, white claw, and responsibility.

I guess you could say I burritoed myself in blankets.

My thoughts and approach to showing up are easy to understand actually. I looked at the votes on RWC since they were the vote lead and I assume d1 lunch is almost always town.

It's surprising that town collectively has caught scum d1 in the last two games I've been in. Guess everyone else is better at seeing through bullshit but I do still think there probably were some bad votes on RWC.

Grandis seems like a hesitant vote on a scum teammate, but there are others that probably are bad too.

Like bee coming in and saying they were basically confirmed town now... bad look, but classic bee attitude.

OA is probably always jumping to conclusions like they've done. It feels familiar enough at least that I'm not quite ready to omgus them.

In any case, I'll have to look back with this new juicy info.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Lol, I'm town doctor, the hypnotist from office space

I was had just finished showering, and was relaxing watching tv when I nearly missed the deadline.

I had a cmvote on RWC, where they were -1, an hour away from deadline. Not my fault idiot town (majority plus) didn't want to ensure lunch.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Grandicap posted:

I think Grandy jumping on a turbo is probably the least likely to be town vote on this lmao

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Illusionis posted:

I'm going with Toal for that no lunch performance ##vote Toalpaz

IA also looks pretty bad there, but I think Toal is worse.

Could also do illusionis,

Just because, is lesion read of me is the same yesterday and today. And to me that is a scum mind. I felt like they were more engaged in the other game I played.

I would vote Grandy and illusion

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Idle Amalgam posted:

*Holds up hands semi-suggestively.*

What if?...

Maer and Anarc are both scum.

If you read May's posts, it's a pretty big bus of RYC. I think that Emma is likely town, I tried to doctor her last night. Yes because it would look bad for me if she was night killed and was town.
For the same reason I almost doctored RYC

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I am town doctor folx

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##vote grandi

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Toalpaz posted:

Could also do illusionis,

Just because, is lesion read of me is the same yesterday and today. And to me that is a scum mind. I felt like they were more engaged in the other game I played.

I would vote Grandy and illusion

I think I'm just beginning to understand the dark mind of Toal.

"is lesion" = Illusionis
taking notes

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Cloacamazing! posted:

I'm like the only person who actually works here, I know RWC claimed to work, but she turned out to be a jammed printer. It's time for management to see what great things I bring to the table.

(Also, thank you for the sleepy baby seal picture.)

<3

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
It seems unlikely that scum illusionis and scum rhymes would go all in on me. I have a slight town read of illusionis

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

##unvote

I don't think I believe Toal, but some breathing room is in order.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Toalpaz posted:

I think Grandy jumping on a turbo is probably the least likely to be town vote on this lmao

Grandicap posted:

##unvote

I don't think I believe Toal, but some breathing room is in order.

:thunk:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Agreed

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Latest IA post hasn’t really changed my mind

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I think Toal claimed doc because she was under pressure, not because she is the doc. She got to -2 very quickly and with another scum already down, I think she was trying to salvage the game and not be turboed.

That being said, I could be wrong and losing the doc because of it isn't great.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Toalpaz posted:

Lol, I'm town doctor, the hypnotist from office space

I was had just finished showering, and was relaxing watching tv when I nearly missed the deadline.

I had a cmvote on RWC, where they were -1, an hour away from deadline. Not my fault idiot town (majority plus) didn't want to ensure lunch.

Bold mine, but that is not a town-thought. It otherizes the town and shifts blame.
Toalp is still likely scum. Doc claim doesn't change that.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Grandicap posted:

Bold mine, but that is not a town-thought. It otherizes the town and shifts blame.
Toalp is still likely scum. Doc claim doesn't change that.

hmmm, I don't like this psychoanalytical decompartmentalizing.

I mean a lot of mafia cases do boil down to snags in a player's wording like this, but I think this is bizarre.

##vote grandi

suspicious RWC vote, oddity this AM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
alright we’ve nailed 2 scum. Just need to find the other one. I’m assuming there’s a 3. 3 scum, 1 3p and 12 townies?