Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Anarc: Grandi scum
Grandi: ANarc scum
Grandi: it's not omgus

That's reductive and you know it.
I think you are scum based on content, not because you voted me. And I am being voted by many people, and others have called me out, why am I keying in on you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

b-minus1 posted:

A townie would have claimed the vig right away

To what end? How does it help the town if the town vig claimed?
If they aren't on the block, it isn't stopping an execution of a townie. If they are a single shot, then they are effectively vanilla now and eating a kill isn't a bad thing. If they are multi-shot, putting a target on their back is a bad thing.

Town vigs claim after hitting scum to gloat, not because it is good for the town.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

b-minus1 posted:

What if they can shoot again

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Then that's a super OP town role

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Hey, Clo, Sandy, why did neither of you vote for anyone D1?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

PlasticAutomaton posted:

General negligence? I shoulda voted RWC leading up to deadline

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

So you acknowledge that the vig is town and not 3p???

b-minus1 posted:

I doubt it would be a smart move. Just a target for scum. Now if toal makes it through the night :stare:

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Idle Amalgam posted:

So you acknowledge that the vig is town and not 3p???

I doubt it would be a smart move. Just a target for scum. Now if toal makes it through the night :stare:

No, that's taking what I said out of context. Here's the full conversation.

b-minus1 posted:

Sandwolf posted:

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Toalpaz posted:

Lol, I'm town doctor, the hypnotist from office space

I was had just finished showering, and was relaxing watching tv when I nearly missed the deadline.

I had a cmvote on RWC, where they were -1, an hour away from deadline. Not my fault idiot town (majority plus) didn't want to ensure lunch.

You would think "idiot town" would include you since obviously you were there in time. I know you've screwed around with deadlines before and you like your gambits, I'm just not sure if this is one you'd play as scum.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

No, that's taking what I said out of context. Here's the full conversation.

Ah, that's my bad. Sorry.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Maerlyn posted:

You would think "idiot town" would include you since obviously you were there in time. I know you've screwed around with deadlines before and you like your gambits, I'm just not sure if this is one you'd play as scum.

yeah lol, toal calling anyone idiot town when they openly said they tried to swing to mae and just posted don't give up a bunch. That really is a bit supsect.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Idle Amalgam posted:

yeah lol, toal calling anyone idiot town when they openly said they tried to swing to mae and just posted don't give up a bunch. That really is a bit supsect.

Yeah it’s not great, one or the other would be eh but combined is bad. But the doc claim.. I dunno

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Sandwolf posted:

The doctor can protect them

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

That's the thing, I don't trust Toal's doc claim at all and they also have not bothered looking for scum. It's them or Grandi today.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##vote Grandicap

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Want to look at this again:

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

Rhymes With Clue (7): b-minus1, ObamaAkbar., Maerlyn, wologar, Toalpaz, AnonymousNarcotics, PlasticAutomaton, Toalpaz, Grandicap, Toalpaz, Toalpaz
b-minus1 (2): Illusionis, Rhymes With Clue
wologar (1): Maerlyn, Toalpaz, Maerlyn, Green Wing, Toalpaz
Illusionis (1): Mr. Humalong, Grandicap, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Grandicap
Maerlyn (1): Grandicap, PlasticAutomaton, Grandicap, Grandicap, PlasticAutomaton, Grandicap, Toalpaz, Grandicap, Idle Amalgam, Grandicap, Toalpaz
PlasticAutomaton (0): Mr. Humalong, Idle Amalgam, Mr. Humalong, Green Wing, Green Wing, Idle Amalgam
Toalpaz (0): Illusionis, Illusionis, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong
AnonymousNarcotics (0): Rhymes With Clue, Rhymes With Clue
Cloacamazing! (0): wologar, wologar, wologar, wologar, wologar, AnonymousNarcotics, AnonymousNarcotics, wologar, Illusionis, Illusionis
Sandwolf (0): b-minus1, b-minus1
Green Wing (0): wologar, wologar, wologar, wologar
ObamaAkbar. (0): PlasticAutomaton, PlasticAutomaton
Grandicap (0): Illusionis, AnonymousNarcotics, Illusionis, AnonymousNarcotics

Not Voting (3): Cloacamazing!, Sandwolf, Toalpaz

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 05th, 2023 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

SHIFT ENDED, WORK FROM HOME

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

After some sleep I'm not really feeling Grandi as scum. Maybe it's meta but stuff like this:

Grandicap posted:

This the only sus RWC post I see. I don't have a problem with the rest of their stuff, but this one is very self conscious about the Sandvig and Sand's reaction to Sandvig.
Not voting here unless we hit deadline and need to not no execute.

just doesn't gel with stuff scum Grandi has done in the past (is usually good about bussing I think, I don't know that I've seen a scum game where he even lightly defended a scumbuddy?)

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Illusionis posted:

There probably was a scum or 2 riding the RWC bus and Binus does look like a pretty likely one.

You think Binus as scum just parked a vote on RWC (also scum)?

I've seen scum Binus try to point fingers at a player who wasn't even in the game anymore...I don't think binus is scum here.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Illusionis posted:

Tbh I had forgotten you were sussing and voting RWC way early, thought for some reason it was only around when you posted that stuff about RWC's claim. Looks like I was most likely wrong about you.

Hadn't gotten to this comment yet I guess, ignore prior comment

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Grandicap (4): Toalpaz, Idle Amalgam, AnonymousNarcotics, Idle Amalgam, Illusionis, b-minus1
Toalpaz (3): Maerlyn, Green Wing, Cloacamazing!, Illusionis, Grandicap, Grandicap, Illusionis, Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam
Idle Amalgam (2): ObamaAkbar., wologar
AnonymousNarcotics (1): Grandicap

Not Voting (3): Idle Amalgam, PlasticAutomaton, Sandwolf

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 09th, 2023 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 19 hours.

Now don't be greedy, we want to make sure everyone gets a slice. Don't take, just pass.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Timing issues. D1 was really slow to get going. I even pointed that out here

Cloacamazing! posted:

So, er, who scum? Deadline's coming up, sleeptime's coming up and half the thread is on their way to get a lurker warning.

The RWC post that started her train happened about half an hour after I'd gone to bed, so my vote would not have been on her in any case. Sucks, but that's being a Euro player for you.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Anyway, the Toal doc claim stinks, but if we're moving off her, IA is looking worse than Grandi in my opinion. ##vote IA

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Cloacamazing! posted:

Anyway, the Toal doc claim stinks, but if we're moving off her, IA is looking worse than Grandi in my opinion. ##vote IA

Why does IA look worse?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

##vote IA

Get scummy vibes from IA, redirected vote from RWC and then left it there (I know, the siren song of White Claws and a blankie, I've been there). The argument he used to avoid voting RWC was so flimsy, pondered Anarc being scum, and then just abandoned the thread.

Grandi and I both commented on Toal's remark about "dumb town" albeit in different ways, IA has strikingly different reactions:

Grandicap posted:

Bold mine, but that is not a town-thought. It otherizes the town and shifts blame.
Toalp is still likely scum. Doc claim doesn't change that.

Idle Amalgam posted:

hmmm, I don't like this psychoanalytical decompartmentalizing.

I mean a lot of mafia cases do boil down to snags in a player's wording like this, but I think this is bizarre.

##vote grandi

suspicious RWC vote, oddity this AM.

Maerlyn posted:

You would think "idiot town" would include you since obviously you were there in time.

Idle Amalgam posted:

I wasn't too keen on his earlier posts from D1 - actually I went back and looked and IA doesn't really post anything in the way of opinions of people, a vote for Plastic and this with no further explanations:

Idle Amalgam posted:

With only minutes to spare, the one true mafia expert and super detective returns to the thread with hot takes and invaluable insights. You can rest easy now.

The scum is one or more of Mae, Plastic, OA, Sand

His comments today just feel like he's trying to stay alive. He didn't have any rationale for thinking scum was OA or Sand - it was really just a throwaway comment before deadline.

AN commenting on a no lunch REALLY freaks me out (I keep thinking about that :allears: emoji, awfully cheeky to post after no lunching like what point are you trying to make? You were right about not lunching because that's exactly what happened isn't usually the point scum wants to make). AN also had that bad vote on RWC. I haven't even really read the back and forth with Grandi yet but this is long enough for now.

I'd be open to voting either. Toal too but the doc claim does give me pause.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Sandwolf posted:

Why does IA look worse?

IA was actively posting around end of day, then voted Maer and disappeared. Grandi had pushed Maer before and switched to RWC when it seemed obvious she was going to get lunched. It's not a great look for Grandi, but IA comes off worse, and I also feel like his part in last day's situation is being mostly ignored.

I'm certain there's scum between Toal, IA and Grandi. I'm also certain all three of them can't be scum together. Toal is looking the worst to me, but enough people are willing to give her doctor claim a try.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I was around literally 20 minutes before deadline and voted what I felt was right.

You're making it out like I maliciously appeared and vanished.

Toal and grandi admitted to actively trying to swing the vote.

I voted who seemed most likely to be scum from the fairly empty vote on RWC.

As town I had no indication that RWC was scum when I voted.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I am NOT scum this game

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Yeah, exactly, you were around and could have prevented a no lunch. You chose not to. That's not a town move.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

I don't think I believe the claim? I maintain what I said about the unbelievability of yesterday's happenings from a town perspective.

I would vote IA - but I don't belive Toal's claim, it seems like a last-ditch rolefishing idk.

I haven't been around as I spent all of Saturday playing a 12 hour twilight imperium game for somebody's birthday. Four hours my foot! At least I won

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Going to look back on my D1 scum reads and see what's what

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I dont care if you believe it to be honest.

If you think I'm scum, that's fine by me.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Idle Amalgam posted:

I dont care if you believe it to be honest.

If you think I'm scum, that's fine by me.

Oh I was talking about Toal's claim I haven't read up to your claim yet

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Green Wing posted:

Oh I was talking about Toal's claim I haven't read up to your claim yet

Was to cloaca

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Still early and brain not booted up all the way. In any case, there's literally nothing else I can say about my d1 motivations other than I was absent most the day as indicated by my posts and I came in at the end of the day with my opinions.

Toal actually caused the no lunch.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I mean go refer to my big post about it.

Also cloaca you didnt even vote. Pretty bold of you to pointing 'caused no lunch' fingers.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
So are green wing and cloaca scum? I’m not liking these recent posts of theirs

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Maerlyn posted:

After some sleep I'm not really feeling Grandi as scum. Maybe it's meta but stuff like this:

just doesn't gel with stuff scum Grandi has done in the past (is usually good about bussing I think, I don't know that I've seen a scum game where he even lightly defended a scumbuddy?)

It actually happened in a game I modded where you were both scum and went all in on defending each other

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

b-minus1 posted:

So are green wing and cloaca scum? I’m not liking these recent posts of theirs

:getin:

Maybe not Cloaca, though. I don't think I've seen her put in actual effort when scum.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Having both IA and Grandi say "I'm not scum" throws me for a loop because I tend to take such statements at face value at first, lol.

I'll say that Grandi here reminds me of Robots Mafia where I (and a bunch of people, as he was the D1 lunch) thought that his claim/posting was fake, trying to tug at our heartstrings... and it was true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Green Wing posted:

Scum reads: plastic, wol, Illu, RWC, Maerlyn, in that order.

##vote PlasticAutomaton

These are my scum reads from day 1.

I think I'd remove Maerlyn from that list now by virtue of the battle between her and rwc day 1. Wol could have been bussing and I don't like their posts still.

Plastic hasn't really contributed much today and was my top scum read yesterday, that hasn't really changed at all.

I still prefer trying to root out the scum that caused the NL, but - laying out my stall