Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Oh best part is, everyone that just bought a brand new Tesla with financing is even more underwater on the loan because they slashed new prices.

On top of the fact that the used market on the fuckers is nowhere near other equivalent cars

lol rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol Doug D. answering the question Why are people fleeing the TESLA brand? while taking v-e-r-y careful steps to not piss off Bazingas and Car Buyers in general (his paycheque)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT-9_As6qq4

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

FrozenVent posted:

why the gently caress are they keeping the replaced parts?

I kept the pistons off my old car when I had them replaced. the precision of the metal, the shiny friction surfaces contrasting with the scoured combustion surfaces and the burnt oil of the underside, the faint smell of grease even after repeated cleanings, the sheer heft, all make it an awesome desktop item.

why anyone would want anything from a tesla is unclear to me. however, the shop is clearly being dicks. they can put the parts in the trunk of the car. if they’re too big, toss them in the back of the shop somewhere and let the customer have them.

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

been avoiding twitter but I popped on for a minute today and it’s noticeably worse than even a month ago. so many bad ideas slammed out the door as fast as possible jesus.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
ah yes the "move fash and break things" strategy

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

jony neuemonic posted:

been avoiding twitter but I popped on for a minute today and it’s noticeably worse than even a month ago. so many bad ideas slammed out the door as fast as possible jesus.

it’s very bad, both in interface and in community collapse

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

yeah my partner just deleted twitter yesterday cause of some insanely crazy and awful poo poo in the main recommended or w/e tab when she just followed artists and fiction authors she likes

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

since tweetbot is dead I replaced twitter with nitter rss feeds, it's not great but better than the default app

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
what does tweetbot even do? i see a lot of people lamenting its demise and i get that, i wouldn't want to use an official client either if i had a choice or actually used twitter. but i still have no idea what differentiates them beyond possibly not having ads

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol Doug D. answering the question Why are people fleeing the TESLA brand? while taking v-e-r-y careful steps to not piss off Bazingas and Car Buyers in general (his paycheque)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT-9_As6qq4

I watched this thing so you don’t have to. his reasons are:

1. public opinion turned on elon
2. some nonsense about tesla buyers working in industries that are directly hit by interest rate changes
3. tesla buyers are tech nerds and the tech sector has been hurting so they can’t afford to buy.
4. competition

all except 2 are fairly legitimate. anyway used teslas are extremely cheap now and that’s going to hurt their sales even more.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Beeftweeter posted:

what does tweetbot even do?

nothing now

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Beeftweeter posted:

what does tweetbot even do? i see a lot of people lamenting its demise and i get that, i wouldn't want to use an official client either if i had a choice or actually used twitter. but i still have no idea what differentiates them beyond possibly not having ads

it was a chronological timeline without any ads

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
For the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is divorced, which went out early in the morning to sell cars into his fanbase.

And when he had agreed with the customers for $65,990, he sent them into his Tesla dealership.

And he went out about the third hour, and saw others standing idle in the marketplace,

And said unto them; Go ye also into the Tesla dealership, and whatsoever is right I will give you. And they went their way.

Again he went out about the sixth and ninth hour, and did likewise.

And about the eleventh hour he went out, and found others standing idle, and saith unto them, Why stand ye here all the day idle?

They say unto him, Because your car sucks poo poo. He saith unto them, Go ye also into the Tesla dealership; and ye shall receive the Model Y for $52,990.

So when even was come, the lord of the Teslas saith unto his steward, Call the drivers, and give them their car, beginning from the last unto the first.

And when they came that were hired about the eleventh hour, they received every man a Tesla.

But when the first came, they supposed that they should have received a discount; and they likewise received every man a Tesla.

And when they had received it, they murmured against the goodman of the house,

Saying, These last have wrought but one hour, and thou hast granted them a more favorable price than us, which have borne the burden and heat of being Tesla fans.

But he answered one of them, and said, Friend, I do thee no wrong: didst not thou agree with me for $65,990?

Take that thine is, and go thy way: I will give unto this last, even as unto thee.

Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?

So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Beeftweeter posted:

ah yes the "move fash and break things" strategy

go fash and break society

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The Management posted:

I kept the pistons off my old car when I had them replaced. the precision of the metal, the shiny friction surfaces contrasting with the scoured combustion surfaces and the burnt oil of the underside, the faint smell of grease even after repeated cleanings, the sheer heft, all make it an awesome desktop item.

ok so car perverts, got it

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Beeftweeter posted:

chronological timeline, not algorithmic, that saves your place. instead of showing newest tweets whenever you open the app, your place is saved at the *oldest* tweets you haven't seen, so you can read oldest-to-newest.

that place was synced between all instances of tweetbot, on macos, ios, and ipados

powerful muting functions, so you could mute users, keywords, hashtags, for custom amounts of time. betty white just died and you don't want to see every single person you know tweeting about how much of a legend she was? just mute "betty" for a week, and you won't see those tweets.

an interface that stays constant and doesn't change all the time. even more of an obnoxious issue now, but even in pre-elon twitter they just constantly hosed with how tweets are presented. tweetbot looked nice and didn't change the presentation.

easy in-line search so you can search the latest tweets on your timeline. you remember that someone posted "butts" three hours ago along with a funny youtube link, but don't remember who? just put "butts" in your search bar and it'll pop up. this is impossible to do on website twitter.

deleted tweets don't disappear. someone tweets something then deletes it? it stays on your tweetbot timeline because you've already downloaded it.

actually has a desktop macos app

(some people used the multi-column view, and multiple accounts. i didn't but i think those features mattered to some people.)

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Oh best part is, everyone that just bought a brand new Tesla with financing is even more underwater on the loan because they slashed new prices.

On top of the fact that the used market on the fuckers is nowhere near other equivalent cars
lol:

fortune posted:

Austin Flack, a television producer in Los Angeles, said he listed his 2018 Model 3 with the Full Self-Driving Beta software package for around $51,000 in December, but slashed that price to $36,000 as Tesla unloaded incentives near the end of the year. He said he’ll likely have to cut the price again to $30,000.

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

Am I remembering wrongly that FSD purchases don’t transfer with the sale of a car, or was that a one off mistake when that person took their used Tesla in for service and got cut off from FSD?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

oh, also, tweetbot is back and able to auth new tokens. lol about going back to twitter after all this

i wonder how bad activity tanked when they nixed the apps and nobody wanted the terrible webview

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

wow it is!

thanks elon

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

DominoKitten posted:

Am I remembering wrongly that FSD purchases don’t transfer with the sale of a car, or was that a one off mistake when that person took their used Tesla in for service and got cut off from FSD?

If you sell the car back to Tesla, they will remove FSD from it and charge the next buyer again to enable the feature.

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

Beeftweeter posted:

"move fash and break things"

If we haven't had this as a thread title already, this needs to be one

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

TerminalRaptor posted:

If you sell the car back to Tesla, they will remove FSD from it and charge the next buyer again to enable the feature.

like kindles and ads but you can't text them and ask to turn fsd on for free and they do. you gotta butt-dial that in the app for $10k

Agile Vector fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jan 15, 2023

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Agile Vector posted:

oh, also, tweetbot is back and able to auth new tokens.

lol not because of anything twitter did, just because tweetbot tried "hey i wonder if we can just get new api keys, would that work"

https://www.theverge.com/2023/1/15/23556359/tweetbot-twitter-online-third-party-apps-outage

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
I’m as bad a Twitter lurker addict as exists and I totally stopped using Twitter when Tweetbot was offline. Glad they are up but I’m not even addicted enough to use the official client.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i saw like seven teslas in a 4 block radius down one of the gentrified streets when i went out for a drive. they are all extremely ugly (the S is by far the worst tho) and every single one was filthy. two had body damage.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

The Management posted:

I watched this thing so you don’t have to. his reasons are:

1. public opinion turned on elon
2. some nonsense about tesla buyers working in industries that are directly hit by interest rate changes
3. tesla buyers are tech nerds and the tech sector has been hurting so they can’t afford to buy.
4. competition

all except 2 are fairly legitimate. anyway used teslas are extremely cheap now and that’s going to hurt their sales even more.

he said 1 wasn’t significant but I believe it is. chuds aren’t buying teslas because they aren’t powered by west texas crude. and the center-left people are disillusioned by elon coming out as a chud

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

they’re all bad but the one that’s “ugly like a tesla but it’s also too tall” is a real eyesore

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I think teslas look fine from a distance. it’s just when you get up close everything looks like it’s power wheels quality

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
of course elon likes the model s design. its 10 years old

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

eyyy yooo!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

:trumppop:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

lol not because of anything twitter did, just because tweetbot tried "hey i wonder if we can just get new api keys, would that work"

https://www.theverge.com/2023/1/15/23556359/tweetbot-twitter-online-third-party-apps-outage

he just killed it again

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Pinterest Mom posted:

he just killed it again

I'm glad it was temporarily back so I could see I only missed 6 tweets in 24 hours and they were boring anyway

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Beeftweeter posted:

:vince:

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

akadajet posted:

he said 1 wasn’t significant but I believe it is. chuds aren’t buying teslas because they aren’t powered by west texas crude. and the center-left people are disillusioned by elon coming out as a chud

i agree, and the brand surveys seem to back it up. loving 3% of democrats "approve of the brand" and it's not republicans buying them.

i'm curious if they can repair the damage he's done and how long people's memories are. maybe he can shut up and turn it around. i doubt it though.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

good news about republicans and EVs though

https://www.engadget.com/wyoming-wants-to-phase-out-sales-of-new-e-vs-by-2035-200704042.html

Wyoming wants to ban EV sales whine to Gavin Newsom (???) about electric cars killing the oil industry

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Trillhouse posted:

i agree, and the brand surveys seem to back it up. loving 3% of democrats "approve of the brand" and it's not republicans buying them.

i'm curious if they can repair the damage he's done and how long people's memories are. maybe he can shut up and turn it around. i doubt it though.

The auto market is absolutely one that is full of people willing to change their minds (ignore the Chevy vs. Ford drama that isn't significant) The issue is Tesla doesn't have a new product on the roadmap to convince people to rethink Tesla. The cybertruck certainly ain't it.

Tesla hasn't ever had a significant redesign of one of their existing cars, and the only new model they've had in the past 5 years is a poorly reviewed SUV-ified version of their compact sedan.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

EricBauman posted:

as long as nothing you need to reach is on the underside of the car this seems like its a fine policy.
When you need to get under the car or replace something involved they have you bring it to the service center. Which are all indoors as there's no need for exhaust ventilation, which is kinda cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
Tweetbot is not working for me. even tried downloading the I guess new client and it won’t login.