Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
game will start when silksong comes out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I’m fine waiting.

Just posting with some mafia pals.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Sandwolf posted:

lol, just lol if you buy that

I can believe whatever I want :colbert:

At least until it's about 6:00 am tomorrow, then it'll be 1/20 even at the west side of the International Date Line. But hey, maybe "today" means "this week" to Ecco...

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

hambeet posted:

I’m fine waiting.

Just posting with some mafia pals.

I have all the time in the world. :)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’ll sign up for Dunc is a Battlefield mini-mafia within this mafia

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
it has to be a mini-mini-mafia inside my mini-mafia

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

birdstrike posted:

it has to be a mini-mini-mafia inside my mini-mafia

great, now I'm wondering what a Matroyshka doll Mafia game looks like

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

It looks like a submarine.

I am going to give a timeline for everyone, so you can plan your lives. I am on the last role PM now. When I finish I'm going to reread what I've written for typos etc. Once I'm done with that, I will distribute them in waves. Please do not post some variation of "I have received my role PM!" when you receive your role PM. Instead, message me if the game starts and you haven't received a role PM.

I am expecting the game to start at 9PM EST / 6PM PST / early morning Europe / 1PM Australia.

Thank you for your patience, I understand that this has been an unappreciated wait for many of you, and I am very grateful that nobody has explicitly dropped out from boredom.

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

You have multiple lives, and if you die you change role and/or alignment as you shed your outermost layer. Some roles can see through layers and find out what you are underneath. In the end, you win if your current layer is on the winning team, if you are among the truly dead you use your innermost one.

It will take approximately 3 months to finish and nobody's alliances make any sense because people keep changing teams, leading to massive chaos and salt and nobody ever playing any in of your mafia games ever again.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

NeverHelm posted:

You have multiple lives, and if you die you change role and/or alignment as you shed your outermost layer. Some roles can see through layers and find out what you are underneath. In the end, you win if your current layer is on the winning team, if you are among the truly dead you use your innermost one.

It will take approximately 3 months to finish and nobody's alliances make any sense because people keep changing teams, leading to massive chaos and salt and nobody ever playing any in of your mafia games ever again.

David Mitchell? Is that you?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

EccoRaven posted:

Thanks for the check-in Ecco!!

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.

wologar posted:

Five full pages and the game hasn't started yet. Nice, nice.

Wdym, we've been playing the game this entire time!

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

NeverHelm posted:

I've played a game like this and it was interesting until the part where I got killed randomly by a meteor or a sun or a moon falling from the sky, idk

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

chaoslord posted:

I think we should speak in spoilers so no one else can read it

:siren:no one else but WindwardAway is allowed to read this:siren:
Who are you going to use your dayvig on? I am thinking snooze cruise, but also... what happens if you dayvig the mod? Can you kill god in this game? I think its worth a try...

:siren:no one else but chaoslord is allowed to read this:siren:
definitely worth a try, yes! also if anyone dayvigs one of us, they're probably scum, and if anyone dayvigs the second mason they're outed scum. gg we solved the game already

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

NeverHelm posted:

I would play this even though it would destroy my mind to play even a little bit seriously. It'd be such a beautiful trainwreck.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
someone PM me an avatar gift certificate and I promise i will use my dayvig on whoever you desire

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

WindwardAway posted:

I've played a game like this and it was interesting until the part where I got killed randomly by a meteor or a sun or a moon falling from the sky, idk

Oh and I forgot to mention the mechanic where something caused our game to keep switching forums so we ended up with accounts on 3 different sites during the course of the game

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

EccoRaven posted:

I am going to give a timeline for everyone, so you can plan your lives. I am on the last role PM now. When I finish I'm going to reread what I've written for typos etc. Once I'm done with that, I will distribute them in waves. Please do not post some variation of "I have received my role PM!" when you receive your role PM. Instead, message me if the game starts and you haven't received a role PM.

I am expecting the game to start at 9PM EST / 6PM PST / early morning Europe / 1PM Australia.

Thank you for your patience, I understand that this has been an unappreciated wait for many of you, and I am very grateful that nobody has explicitly dropped out from boredom.

The annual ecco game brings us together like the terrible internet "family" we are. It's part of the holiday season so what's a little wait time?

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
ecco in case you didn't see my email i have done the needful

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I just got an email notification and I was v excited, but no it was just my state lottery informing me of upcoming maintenance on their web site.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

EccoRaven posted:

I believe in you ecco

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

tbh a game of this size calls for a D1 turbo to keep things moving along

also i volunteer as tribute

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Hooray! Everyone should have their role PMs; check your inboxes and emails. Thank you for being patient with me!

For reference, all the role PMs look something like this:

A Sample Role PM posted:

Varinn - Valerie Prae - Auntie (town-aligned vanilla)
Oh what a beautiful day! Your beloved nephew is about to get married, and you've never been more excited for him. You spent the morning getting your hair done just right, putting on the right gown, and capping it off with the perfect hat. Truly nothing could possibly go wrong on a wonderful day like today!
You are a townie. You seek to stop the violence that has plagued this wedding, and as such win when all scum players are eliminated.
You have no outstanding abilities or powers.
You are a vanilla and you are town-aligned.

Character names are generated randomly using various easy-to-find internet programs, as well as random Wikipedia articles and my own creativity.

Flips will look like this:

:s: Player Name, Character Name, Flavor Title (alignment-aligned role), died in a flavor-specific way. :s:

Example:

:s: Varinn, Valerie Prae, Auntie (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death night 0 :s:

The game will begin shortly!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
On the fifteenth day of Livadion in the city of Ledola a wedding was held at the Junia family manor. The ceremony and reception were planned to be outdoors, but a sudden storm brought everyone into the family chapel. Despite the sudden snag things looked like they were going to be okay... until someone discovered two bodies murdered in the drawing room. As the storm worsened the guests realized the grim truth: someone at this party was a murderer. Who could it be? And could they be discovered before they struck again?

:s: Varinn, Valerie Prae, Auntie (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death night 0. :s:
:s: Illandir, Gregoria, Servant (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death night 0. :s:

It is now Day 1.

:h: With 26 alive, it takes 14 votes to be executed.
:d: Day 1 deadline: Monday, January 23rd, ~11PM EST / ~8PM PST / Tuesday 5AM CET, 3PM AEDT

Remember that votes must be removed with an unvote.

Good luck!

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jan 20, 2023

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: The Current Day 1 ROBOT Votecount :c:

Not Voting (26): AnonymousNarcotics, b-minus1, birdstrike, chaoslord, CirclMastr, Hal Insandenza, hambeet, Idle Amalgam, Ignatius M. Meen, Moatillata, Monathin, My Second Re-Reg, Nep-Nep, NeverHelm, Pinterest Mom, Referee, Rhymes With Clue, saladscooper, Sandwolf, shwinnebego, Snooze Cruise, SporkChan, t a s t e, Tired Moritz, Toalpaz, WindwardAway

:h: With 26 players alive, it takes 14 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is January 23rd, 2023 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's about 4 days, 2 hours from this post.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

*long sigh* Ahh, good to be back to manual unvotes.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
would anyone care for some wine while we wait out the storm?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
love and marriage, love and marriage, goes together like a horse and carriage

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Snooze Cruise posted:

someone PM me an avatar gift certificate and I promise i will use my dayvig on whoever you desire

i just want to say you have missed your oppturnity because now it would be against the rules for you to send me a pm with an avatar cert >:I
so i will use my day vig on who i want

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Oh yes the day vigs.

Anyone who reserved a dayvig as part of the Dayvig Tier may now use it.

Use this flavor for all your results:

<PLAYER> picks up a gunne and tries to kill <TARGET>, but to no effect!

Great!

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Oh hell yes

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Snooze Cruise picks up a gunne and tries to kill Toalpaz, but to no effect!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

EccoRaven posted:

Oh yes the day vigs.

Anyone who reserved a dayvig as part of the Dayvig Tier may now use it.

Use this flavor for all your results:

<PLAYER> picks up a gunne and tries to kill <TARGET>, but to no effect!

Great!

damnit!! I knew I was gonna regret not reserving a dayvig

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I’m town

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

So glad I reserved a bulletproof vest or 12

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
So what type of name is Robert anyway?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
okay I will end my mini game which was The Marriage of Girafarigaro

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Snooze Cruise posted:

It’s a weird alternative spelling of Bobert

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Confirming that, aside from my dayvig, I am vanilla town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Snooze Cruise posted:

rude!!