Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Relentlessboredomm posted:

How many teams need QBs vs what’s available?

QBs:

3 First round talents
Lamar (?)
Rodgers (?)
Carr
Brady
Jimmy G

Teams:
Raiders
Bucs
Panthers
Saints
Falcons
Texans
Colts
Ravens (?)
Redskins
Jets

Depends on how they feel about the not awful current option:
NYG
Phins
Lions

So that’s 8 possible starting QBs and 10-13 possible teams.

Unless I’m missing some QBs then a handful of teams are bout to be hosed. (Bucs are almost certainly one of these)

Colts and Texans are almost definitely targeting a QB in the draft. Maybe one more beyond that depending on how teams feel about Levis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Grittybeard posted:

I think Washington + the entire NFC South can muddle along with whoever they have or can sign off of the garbage heap and have a chance at making the playoffs.

I think Saints/Bucs will muddle along but Panthers are absolutely taking a swing at someone. Falcons I can’t tell yet, but Arthur Smith knows he needs a better 3rd year so we’ll see

Timby posted:

If the Ravens can't sign Lamar, they'll tag him.

There's no viable way for the Packers to move Rodgers; they're already $16 million over the projected cap and even a post-June 1 trade scenario still puts them in hell. They have to blow up the team if they cut him. They gave him that poison-pill extension offer and now they have to deal with it.

He’s not gonna play on a tag, but the point is its a question mark.

They can definitely trade Rodgers, it’d be dumb as gently caress for whoever picks him up but I don’t want to underestimate how desperate some teams are *Jets*.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Colts and Texans are almost definitely targeting a QB in the draft. Maybe one more beyond that depending on how teams feel about Levis.

Yea I feel like Texans are locked into drafting one, Colts and Panthers are both gonna try their hardest to draft one too but idk there’s a chance someone else sneaks in there. Levis is a toolsy white guy, someone will make that pick.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lamars trade price might not be as high as people are talking I think a non exclusive tag would make more sense. 2 first rounders gets it done immediately. Pissing and moaning for a year Watson style isn't what any party would want.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

They can definitely trade Rodgers, it’d be dumb as gently caress for whoever picks him up but I don’t want to underestimate how desperate some teams are *Jets*.

Per overthecap.com, they realize only a million or so in cap savings if he's a post-June 1 trade.

The Packers are hosed.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Rodgers was good and will plausibly still be good for the next couple years.

I hate the Covid crystal jacking off douche, but he wasn’t the problem with the packers this year.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I hate the Covid crystal jacking off douche, but he wasn’t the problem with the packers this year.

Things improved in the back half of the season but he was not very good to start the season and even at the end of the year the offense rarely found a rhythm. His accuracy and decision making both looked significantly diminished from last year.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

If he wasn't a total poo poo teammate he probably could have had better chemistry with the young WRs on his team earlier in the year.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I agree.

Kind of shocking how much Mr Christian Watson turned it around in the back half!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

If he wasn't a total poo poo teammate he probably could have had better chemistry with the young WRs on his team earlier in the year.

Yeah I kinda think it's this.

If he was 100% in you'd think he'd fly the young WRs out to wherever and they'd train together before camp a little like a bunch of guys do.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I wonder who's gonna be desperate enough to chase Minshew

although with him on this year's Jets they'd have easily made the playoffs

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

indigi posted:

I wonder who's gonna be desperate enough to chase Minshew

although with him on this year's Jets they'd have easily made the playoffs

I wanted him on the Jets so bad, but uh his 2 games this year on a stacked Eagles team were less then promising. Plus the fact that he couldn't beat the Saints so the team had to play Hurts against the Davis Webb Giants just to make sure they got the 1 seed. Wouldn't mind him as a backup, but not as a starter.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

syzpid posted:

I wanted him on the Jets so bad, but uh his 2 games this year on a stacked Eagles team were less then promising. Plus the fact that he couldn't beat the Saints so the team had to play Hurts against the Davis Webb Giants just to make sure they got the 1 seed. Wouldn't mind him as a backup, but not as a starter.
You're killing me here man

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I honestly can't tell if syzpid's love for Minshew is schtick or genuine, which means it's great posting.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Professor Funk posted:

I honestly can't tell if syzpid's love for Minshew is schtick or genuine, which means it's great posting.

I have a tendency to like players with interesting/weird personalities and stories no matter if they are great or awful. Minshew is likable and there are worse backups out there.

It would be insanity if i said something like "The Jets should sign him to start next year" while there are like a dozen better options.

I can tell all sorts of stories about obscure guys who played at most 2-3 seasons with teams I followed that most people don't even remember being in the major leagues.

McMagic melting down on every Minshew mention is an added bonus.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

syzpid posted:

The Saints got Lattimore back and even with him out were the #2 pass defense; meanwhile they were like the 25th rush D. The Eagles called 32 passes and 14 runs. The gameplanning/playcalling caused that loss, not Minshew. The Eagles had a, what, top 3 running game in 2022 but only ran it 14 times against a terrible run d?

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

The Saints got Lattimore back and even with him out were the #2 pass defense; meanwhile they were like the 25th rush D. The Eagles called 32 passes and 14 runs. The gameplanning/playcalling caused that loss, not Minshew. The Eagles had a, what, top 3 running game in 2022 but only ran it 14 times against a terrible run d?

My fellow Minshew Maniac, you don't have to convince me of anything. I still like him

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

syzpid posted:

My fellow Minshew Maniac, you don't have to convince me of anything. I still like him

How can you merely like this man?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

syzpid posted:

he's not very good but I think some teams will be desperate enough to hope he can start. limited as he is he's so much better than Wilson and Flacco

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

If the Jets whiff badly enough this offseason (possible) where they need to resort to Minshew as our primary starter, then just clean house now. That would be unacceptable to me.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I wish Greg Bedard wasn't a garbage beat guy and this was actually true.

quote:

“There is uncertainty about at least whether Matt Patricia is here on the staff next year,” Boston Sports Journal’s Greg Bedard said during Tuesday’s episode of 98.5 The Sports Hub’s “Felger & Mazz” show. “That his Detroit Lions contract is at the end; that means that the Patriots would have to draw up an entirely new contract for him.

“I have a hard time seeing this. I don’t know how he goes from being attached to Bill Belichick at the league meetings and everything to suddenly not here anymore. And maybe it’s better off for Patricia to go someplace else and forge his own way. … But I think there’s the possibility that Patricia’s not here at all.”

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

syzpid posted:

:reject::respek::c00l:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i would gladly take a weird kind of bad qb like mayfield or minshew in tampa because at least they'd be interesting

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

If the Jets whiff badly enough this offseason (possible) where they need to resort to Minshew as our primary starter, then just clean house now. That would be unacceptable to me.

If you're a GM/coach on the hotseat and that is your gambit to save your job, you're gonna get fired.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

kidcoelacanth posted:

i would gladly take a weird kind of bad qb like mayfield or minshew in tampa because at least they'd be interesting

is Mayfield weird or just a loser? he also seems like a dude none of his teammates gently caress with, somewhere on the Wentz-Wilson spectrum

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

indigi posted:

is Mayfield weird or just a loser? he also seems like a dude none of his teammates gently caress with, somewhere on the Wentz-Wilson spectrum

I didn't really get that vibe from his time in Carolina and it seemed his Rams team mates liked him? I know OBJ and his dad dragged him pretty hard but I haven't heard quite the same.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I think Baker is gonna stick with the Rams this year and prove everyone wrong when Stafford inevitably gets hurt again. Baker winning a Super Bowl for the rams next year. Count it. #LetBakerBake

I believe this because it is the most hilarious outcome

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

BlindSite posted:

I didn't really get that vibe from his time in Carolina and it seemed his Rams team mates liked him? I know OBJ and his dad dragged him pretty hard but I haven't heard quite the same.

I think his teammates in Cleveland being happy to see him go was a wakeup call. lots of media reports were coming out about how he was a bad teammate and the only people defending him were on the side of the ball he didn’t play with

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

indigi posted:

I think his teammates in Cleveland being happy to see him go was a wakeup call. lots of media reports were coming out about how he was a bad teammate and the only people defending him were on the side of the ball he didn’t play with

Yeah I don't doubt he had a bad time at the end in Cleveland. I really did hope that he could turn it around in Carolina. If he even managed like Aaron Rodgers level numbers this year the Panthers are in the playoffs. It's such a shame because I watched a lot of his season in 2020 and thought the light well and truly had come on and 2021 he was just banged up. I was hoping really bad for a Brees like career trajectory - if for nothing else just to gently caress the Browns but I think he needs a specific system tailored to his strengths. McVay is for sure the guy to do that for him.

Edit: I forgot what year it was.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Brady to the Dolphins confirmed

https://twitter.com/BigWillLevenson/status/1617963948271374336?t=5rNqdtS69NW0iQBBKYTFJQ&s=19

His kids live in Miami with Gisele

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That star island house is insanity

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Rodgers and Brady both in the AFCe would be amazing thread material. We need this.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

old mans crawling to 9-8 every year to get executed by the josh allens and joe burrows. just so they can be executed by emperor mahomes who can be executed by whatever the next nfc team with a top defense is

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Old men running the world

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Diva Cupcake posted:

Rodgers and Brady both in the AFCe would be amazing thread material. We need this.

Hahahah oh god i need this now

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Cavauro posted:

old mans crawling to 9-8 every year to get executed by the josh allens and joe burrows. just so they can be executed by emperor mahomes who can be executed by whatever the next nfc team with a top defense is

God-King Brock Purdy

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Cavauro posted:

I will not stand for this Trevor Lawrence erasure!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i should have included him as co-emperor. every afc championship game from 2017 to 2099 will have the chiefs or jaguars in it

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Brady was penciled in for the Raiders so do they jump in the Rodgers situation and re-pair him and Devante or do they target Handsome James for McDaniels continuity?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

McDaniels + Rodgers sounds like a hilariously disastrous pairing, so I am all for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Kalli posted:

McDaniels + Rodgers sounds like a hilariously disastrous pairing, so I am all for that.

Trade Carr for Rodgers or trade Carr for picks and sign Handsome James