Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

#1: we're throwing up our hands in the suspicion that there's a second team, and/or that this is Pelicana Drama again and the game is won when the people who are more tangential to the whole mess are the real threats to town. TM and Hal are the most likely options. sure we could draw this out and get culled over a few weeks but meh

#2: see #1

#3: yeah

I mean sure we could drag this out over 48-72 hours or we could see if this is Pelicana Drama and everything evaporates when the ringleaders are cut. (for reference PD ended when the ringleader of one faction and an arsonist were killed)

So is that why there was talk of a second scum team earlier? I guess that explains why multiball was even a discussion yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Why do you think I was so unworried yesterday about flipping? Lol
I'm in a confirmed masonry, I won't out with whom, but if either they or I flip, the other is confirmed.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

#1: we're throwing up our hands in the suspicion that there's a second team, and/or that this is Pelicana Drama again and the game is won when the people who are more tangential to the whole mess are the real threats to town. TM and Hal are the most likely options. sure we could draw this out and get culled over a few weeks but meh

#2: see #1

#3: yeah

I mean sure we could drag this out over 48-72 hours or we could see if this is Pelicana Drama and everything evaporates when the ringleaders are cut. (for reference PD ended when the ringleader of one faction and an arsonist were killed)

appreciate you trying to explain this to me but i'm afraid i don't really get it

please let's flip monathin so we can see his rolecard for ourselves

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Monathin posted:

Why do you want to protect Moz over a scumteam risking claiming in full? What kind of gambit does this serve?

Because i suspect you get some sort of reward if Moritz dies and it does not mean that you would side with town.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

WindwardAway posted:

Why do you think I was so unworried yesterday about flipping? Lol
I'm in a confirmed masonry, I won't out with whom, but if either they or I flip, the other is confirmed.

what alignment are you confirmed as

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

WindwardAway posted:

Yeah I feel like there's a catch where if we vote out Moritz first the scumteam is gonna get something like a soup kill activation and instead of converting to town they're just gonna kill 5 townies in a single night

I agree with flipping Monathin first

Also, gently caress I was wrong on salad

There's no catch. We're taking a leap of faith here.

Also,

:smuggo:

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

WindwardAway posted:

So is that why there was talk of a second scum team earlier? I guess that explains why multiball was even a discussion yesterday.

Pmom isn't on our team at any rate. :shrug: Having engaged in that spec myself as town I felt like it was NAI.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Pinterest Mom posted:

what alignment are you confirmed as

We were told we're confirmed town to each other

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Smh I put salad on my town list.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

WindwardAway posted:

Because i suspect you get some sort of reward if Moritz dies and it does not mean that you would side with town.

yes

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Pmom isn't on our team at any rate. :shrug: Having engaged in that spec myself as town I felt like it was NAI.

Well if Pmom has seen these games before it's not sus, I was just curious since it sounds like this is an Ecco thing and I don't normally see these mechanics at play.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

b-minus1 posted:

Smh I put salad on my town list.

Same, which is extremely funny because it means I have a 100% incorrect read rate on him since when he was town I tunnelled him out of the game.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

i feel p good about how i read salad - mindmelding with me, but not necessarily town for it although i wouldn't have considered him today

had monathin dead to rights

meen i was neutral on

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Monathin posted:

Why do you want to protect Moz over a scumteam risking claiming in full? What kind of gambit does this serve?

no idea, but i think it's more likely that you benefit at our expense from eliminating Moritz than the game was set up so that town and scum can ride off into the sunset together

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I can at least confirm none of us in flavor think we'll get a reward for killing Moz, beyond, as Meen said, possibly being able to win.

Also flipping me is a total buzzkill given this is a total leap of faith gambit, lol.

I'm just trying to keep things interesting. I played as scum in Election and the King and got blown up for playing "typically", so I'm going wildcard route here and hoping enough town are willing to follow me on this digression.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

shwinnebego posted:

appreciate you trying to explain this to me but i'm afraid i don't really get it

For once, shwinn and I are on the same page.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Wait wait wait I just realized this doesn't add up numbers wise
There can't be a second full scum team because clord/Meen/salad/Mona + Moritz is already 5 scum
I'm pretty sure there can only be 6-7 antitown with the number of players we have

So doesnt that just mean it's a scumteam of 5 plus a serial killer or something?

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

WindwardAway posted:

There can't be a second full scum team because clord/Meen/salad/Mona + Moritz is already 5 scum
I'm pretty sure there can only be 6-7 antitown with the number of players we have

So doesnt that just mean it's a scumteam of 5 plus a serial killer or something?

It'd work if it's smaller - only 3 or 4 people, perhaps. Plus if it doesn't have an NK.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

WindwardAway posted:

eh, in the game i was just talking about, 8 scum for 21 players

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

shwinnebego posted:

please let's flip monathin so we can see his rolecard for ourselves

Imagine you're playing some sort of survival game and realize you're boned on an expedition. You're way too far away from your base to return before your supplies run out and there is no way to restock before you die. Do you spend 5 minutes trying to go back to your base anyway, or do you hit the button that lets you return to base immediately?

For that matter, imagine hitting this button causes you to explode in ludicrous gibs, whereas there's a drawn-out cutscene of you slowly dying while walking in your future if you don't. Isn't hitting the button more entertaining? Isn't entertainment why you play games?

Like honestly this is not what I'd ever do normally, but taking this road is vastly funnier than the alternative, and it'd be cool to have guessed right.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

saladscooper posted:

It'd work if it's smaller - only 3 or 4 people, perhaps. Plus if it doesn't have an NK.

3 or 4 people means there's 8 or 9 antitown roles which is kind of crazy
I guess if you're telling the truth that you can conditionally convert to townsiding maybe it adds up, but I can't be arsed to do the math for that

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Like honestly this is not what I'd ever do normally, but taking this road is vastly funnier than the alternative, and it'd be cool to have guessed right.

This. It's a total gamble, and I doubt my flavor will confirm 100% what's going on. But if I'm going down either way, I'd like to go down at least seeing if I'm totally deluded or not.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Pinterest Mom posted:

eh, in the game i was just talking about, 8 scum for 21 players

Ah
OK so maybe salad is right
Bleh, I need to think on this more

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Isn't it kinda dumb to have a win con that's about killing one specific person? It's not like that's hard to do.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Tired Moritz posted:

Isn't it kinda dumb to have a win con that's about killing one specific person? It's not like that's hard to do.

Well yes, that's why I'm skeptical

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Tired Moritz posted:

Also, were you told that you were a mafia boss and the mafia wanted to kill you?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

WindwardAway posted:

Also, were you told that you were a mafia boss and the mafia wanted to kill you?

I'm just Hal's wife.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm just Hal's wife.

Explain that I clearly got a message from you, "just Hal's wife," this morning

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It’s very fishy

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Monathin posted:

This. It's a total gamble, and I doubt my flavor will confirm 100% what's going on. But if I'm going down either way, I'd like to go down at least seeing if I'm totally deluded or not.

if you're telling the truth, then we can eliminate you today to confirm that you're telling the truth and, if you are, eliminate Tired Moritz tomorrow

sounds like a win/win

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

scum lie

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

it can be made hard

EccoRaven posted:

- 3 Revolutionaries: town-aligned survivors. Win IF AND ONLY IF the Singer is alive at the end of the game AND the town has won.
--- 1 Singer: targets players in the game at night, empowering them with abilities. The players are told they are recruited into a town-cult with the Singer as their incommunicable leader (OOT chat for all "recruits"). Singer does not know any of this, just thinks she's an empowerer.
--- 1 Guitarist: Human Shield(Night) for the Singer; is the actual target of all night actions on the Singer. Can target players at night, giving them one-shot roleblocks to use at their leisure.
--- 1 Dancer: Human Shield(Day) for the Singer. Same as Guitarist, but for day actions. Can target players at night and give them one-shot protections.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

claimed scum, what is your win condition

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

shwinnebego posted:

claimed scum, what is your win condition

unassailable control over the vote

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
What a wild ride to wake up to

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

saladscooper posted:

Explain that I clearly got a message from you, "just Hal's wife," this morning

Sorry, I really don't know anything. Did you get bamboozled by someone else sending you a fake message?

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Tired Moritz posted:

Sorry, I really don't know anything. Did you get bamboozled by someone else sending you a fake message?

The fact that you send messages to me is in my role PM

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Well my win condition is to stop the violence at the wedding: i win when all scum players are eliminated

Ergo, I must eliminate all of ya'll claimed scum.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

shwinnebego posted:

Well my win condition is to stop the violence at the wedding: i win when all scum players are eliminated

Ergo, I must eliminate all of ya'll claimed scum.

well they're "mafia" they may not be scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Moz is lying, salad has been getting communications from Moz.

shwinnebego posted:

if you're telling the truth, then we can eliminate you today to confirm that you're telling the truth and, if you are, eliminate Tired Moritz tomorrow

sounds like a win/win

My flip is not going to do anything for you but confirm your bias that Moz is town and I'm a lying scum. Both of which aren't true.