Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
lol i would get so mad when someone would get fruit without the little sticker

oh yeah yeah it's fine *blows dust off of a 7000 page tome as it thuds on the conveyor belt* what is that again a plantain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
dealing with the cashiers is way worse. there’s one in particular now I have to avoid because he’ll ask how I’m doing but then actually tell me how he’s doing. last time it was “slowly withering away”.

buddy do you see the type of food and quantity of booze here? your preaching to the choir.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
my downstairs neighbour works cash at the grocery store a few blocks from here.

i never go there

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
idk i think its only awkward when someone you know comes in if they make it awkward

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

we don’t have those grocery store-roving robots around here

if I ever see one, I think I would have any to use some string or a cheap bicycle lock to
tether it to some shelves or w/e the robot equivalent of stuffing one in a locker is

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

tbh im surprised there are people who seem to act like they've never seen one before every time im trying to check out. they've been around for ever now get with the program.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Nuts and Gum posted:

dealing with the cashiers is way worse. there’s one in particular now I have to avoid because he’ll ask how I’m doing but then actually tell me how he’s doing. last time it was “slowly withering away”.

buddy do you see the type of food and quantity of booze here? your preaching to the choir.

my cashiers just ask me about the weird foods i buy. sometimes they're cute and i like to chat w them :)

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

the grocery store by my old job had a cashier that had cool "GAME" "OVER" earrings on all the time and i liked to say hello to her. it's good to be friendly in your community. sometimes its some guy asking you about the fruit he can't name and if it's any good. its nice

mystes
May 31, 2006

I theoretically prefer self checkouts to dealing with a human being but a lot of the self checkout machines are pretty bad and in stores that only have a couple sometimes the lines end up taking longer because people are so bad at them.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

oh we're in the image thread. heres a bad computer that makes you overpriced food

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

machine bad tiny trash can very good

many sides

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

the trash can is to hide the mistakes of the machine

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

infernal machines posted:

how do you keep getting these nice government, union jobs?

by being a siftless slob

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

the only gov job i ever got was because of nepotism. i interviewed for a few others but it was always a mega-pile of applicants and i never got the job

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Improbable Lobster posted:

by being a siftless slob

o7

keep up the good work

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

PokeJoe posted:

my cashiers just ask me about the weird foods i buy. sometimes they're cute and i like to chat w them :)

im bad at small talk so i avoid it which is a perpetual cycle of misery. plus i have a resting rear end in a top hat face so most people avoid initiating small talk with me anyhow

polyester concept fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jan 27, 2023

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

What movie is this?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

jackie chan's dragons forever

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

PokeJoe posted:

i like to chat with the cashiers, even if they're not cute (they are always old chinese ladies)

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

rotor posted:

i like to chat with the cashiers, even if they're not cute (they are always old chinese ladies)

old chinese ladies can be cute :mad:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

I read his sentence as they are always old Chinese ladies but not always the cute ones

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Praxis

Even knowing it was a mistake just the image of someone swiping a card, having it decline, and then leaving with the goods is really loving funny

yeah lol

I mean I tried to pay.

when they say “it’s the thought that counts” this is what they’re talking about

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

PokeJoe posted:

old chinese ladies can be cute :mad:

uh cute yeah but not like CUTE cute i am not that old yet

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

lmao

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

echinopsis posted:

lmao

lol so on the weekend I had to buy some stuff from hardware store and it came to about $140 and I was using my partners card and this particular checkout doesn’t weigh stuff like a supermarket because idk it’s a hardware store. so scanned card and then came home

and later on she asked me if I used her card or mine because she couldn’t see the transaction on her bank app so I checked mine and wasn’t there either so I went to look at the receipt to see if I could glean a clue as to what card was used and I read the receipt and see the line “declined”..

lol she’d given me the wrong card, a card with no money on it, and I just scanned and left with the goods for free

as far as I am concerned, the big australian owned hardware place didn’t do their job of making sure I paid so it’s their fault I got the stuff for free

lidl's and leclerc's have barriers installed that only recede if you scan your receipt's bar code

the scanner sucks rear end

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

It doesn't help that Lidl's receipts have two barcodes printed on them for sume loving dumbass reason and only one of them works

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

you should simply scan the correct barcode

or not shop at lidl's

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

or not shop at lidl's

:guillotine:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

PokeJoe posted:

the grocery store by my old job had a cashier that had cool "GAME" "OVER" earrings on all the time and i liked to say hello to her. it's good to be friendly in your community. sometimes its some guy asking you about the fruit he can't name and if it's any good. its nice
right on. i got to help my lcbo cashier identify the song/band playing on the music last week. so now she knows the Payola$.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3waZCgTMAyQ

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7187608117759298821

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

you should simply scan the correct barcode

or not shop at lidl's

they got cheap kabanosy

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

so does the butcher next door to me.

the solution is clear, you should live in a place that has a good butcher shop next door

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

so does the butcher next door to me.

the solution is clear, you should live in a place that has a good butcher shop next door

there’s been a good butcher and aged beef place close to us for several years - in the last 9 months or so there have been two places open on the same street that offer the same thing

I remember ages ago reading a study that in dense cities similar stores tend to clump together for valid reasons, but how much aged beef can one small neighborhood need?

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

I'm not watching a video over 12 seconds without a clickable progress bar tyvm

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://throwboy.com/

If I didn't already have a sofa full of cushions :3:

would make a good av

mystes
May 31, 2006

If you want an ibook plushie that's okay but you don't have to pretend it's some sort of designer pillow for your sofa

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

echinopsis posted:

lmao

lol so on the weekend I had to buy some stuff from hardware store and it came to about $140 and I was using my partners card and this particular checkout doesn’t weigh stuff like a supermarket because idk it’s a hardware store. so scanned card and then came home

and later on she asked me if I used her card or mine because she couldn’t see the transaction on her bank app so I checked mine and wasn’t there either so I went to look at the receipt to see if I could glean a clue as to what card was used and I read the receipt and see the line “declined”..

lol she’d given me the wrong card, a card with no money on it, and I just scanned and left with the goods for free

as far as I am concerned, the big australian owned hardware place didn’t do their job of making sure I paid so it’s their fault I got the stuff for free

not your fault lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord