Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

The first silent hill I played was silent hill 4 and it was weird and bad and I never played the others

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
great holding power from those screws.
vga does what displayport don't

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

oh so that’s why vga cables have screws

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
yes, computers were much larger back then, you needed something that could hold the weight

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

some of the older computers were so heavy that they needed two or sometimes three vga cables to keep them up

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
thankfully we also had db-25 and db-9 parallel and serial connections to spread the load.

larger servers often used scsi db-50 or db-68

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qkxa1qCkmG1yg9316.mp4

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

PokeJoe posted:

The first silent hill I played was silent hill 4 and it was weird and bad and I never played the others

2 is hands down the best

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

now lets see some radical islam

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

there has got to be a better way!

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
my favorite silent hill is the one entirely about dick circumcision EVERYDAY I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAP THAT INTO MY PLAYSTATION THEN I PROCEED TO CONDUCT 50 BRISES

Large Testicles fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Jan 30, 2023

bssoil
Mar 21, 2004

Hey, YOLO

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
god i hate displayport. garbage rear end connector

hdmi isn't much better

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

dvi was fine. why did we stop using that?

i bet it was some dumb reason like design weenies making GBS threads themselves because ":qq: it's too big and ugly" or something

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
bandwidth, plus it's og xbox sized

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lmao I have just been trolled by my own computer; installed a new 'photoreal fantasy art' SD model, 'OK show me Jesus Christ on a Skateboard'

Exactly what I asked for, but the wink as well :o:

lmao echi you need to get this made

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

is this a knockoff 4090 or something?

it's wrong enough to be the product of an image generator, but it looks too clean

e: oh, they're claiming it's a 4090ti or titan or whatever.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jan 30, 2023

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Sweevo posted:

dvi was fine. why did we stop using that?

i bet it was some dumb reason like design weenies making GBS threads themselves because ":qq: it's too big and ugly" or something

bandwidth

lack of audio channel

the content industry wanted mandatory hdcp which required a brand new physical connector

also yeah it was too big and ugly and screw-retained for non-nerds

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Just make the graphics card into the new motherboard and plug the processor into it. Its like 10x heavier than current mobos, it should lie flat in the case and screw in securely.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Salt Fish posted:

Just make the graphics card into the new motherboard and plug the processor into it. Its like 10x heavier than current mobos, it should lie flat in the case and screw in securely.

meet the Ghost Canyon NUC, which is a 2 slot pcie backplane, one of which is consumed by the pcie computer-on-a-card, the other by the GPU

the day i figure out how to run one of them inside another computer is the day i spend way too much on a pointless gimmick

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
:xzibit:

e: aw, I thought we had that

Captain Pike
Jul 29, 2003

Salt Fish posted:

When the daughterboard becomes the motherboard :unsmith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM7-PYtXtJM

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

haveblue posted:

bandwidth

lack of audio channel

the content industry wanted mandatory hdcp which required a brand new physical connector

also yeah it was too big and ugly and screw-retained for non-nerds
hdr is so wild

especially if you get the right level of hosed up and watch some rambalac vids

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Jonny 290 posted:

meet the Ghost Canyon NUC, which is a 2 slot pcie backplane, one of which is consumed by the pcie computer-on-a-card, the other by the GPU

the day i figure out how to run one of them inside another computer is the day i spend way too much on a pointless gimmick

PCIe but he still NUCcin'

An cruiscin lan
Mar 4, 2020

Chris Knight posted:

get in, loser, we're going cloudbusting

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yospos, beach!

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

oh huh is that a GPD max? i got the gpd win a couple years ago but it poo poo the bed somehow in like 2020. its sitting in a couple pieces on my desk lol

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Beeftweeter posted:

oh huh is that a GPD max? i got the gpd win a couple years ago but it poo poo the bed somehow in like 2020. its sitting in a couple pieces on my desk lol
Chuwi Minibook X

I had to reverse engineer the Goodix touchscreen controller to make it usable for handwriting but now it's perfect for a backpacking trip. They discontinued it promising an updated version but it's nowhere to be seen.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

mobby_6kl posted:

Chuwi Minibook X

I had to reverse engineer the Goodix touchscreen controller to make it usable for handwriting but now it's perfect for a backpacking trip. They discontinued it promising an updated version but it's nowhere to be seen.

ahh i remember seeing those too. very cool imo

if you're interested in cheapo ultrabooks like that i have a handful. my favorite is the one netbook (i have the 3, but the 4 looks fantastic) https://www.1netbook.com/

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

what is that laptop doing not in the ocean

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
nice photo.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Eeyo posted:

what is that laptop doing not in the ocean
It doesn't use a car battery :confused:

Beeftweeter posted:

ahh i remember seeing those too. very cool imo

if you're interested in cheapo ultrabooks like that i have a handful. my favorite is the one netbook (i have the 3, but the 4 looks fantastic) https://www.1netbook.com/
You definitely get what you pay for, that is to say they clearly took some shortcuts but my only gripe is the 28Wh battery which isn't much even for a Celeron. Maybe they'll put a bigger one in the new model.

I actually wanted the One Netbook 4 initially, but with tax and shipping it was getting to like $1500. It'd be better than the Minibook for sure but then I'd have to think about wrecking it or having it stolen.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

mobby_6kl posted:

It doesn't use a car battery :confused:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

mobby_6kl posted:

You definitely get what you pay for, that is to say they clearly took some shortcuts but my only gripe is the 28Wh battery which isn't much even for a Celeron. Maybe they'll put a bigger one in the new model.

I actually wanted the One Netbook 4 initially, but with tax and shipping it was getting to like $1500. It'd be better than the Minibook for sure but then I'd have to think about wrecking it or having it stolen.

yep, i use a ~$250 bmax celeron (Y11) as a beater so i feel you there lol. the quality is actually pretty good for the price, but there's not much there to gently caress up. the thing is metal, super loving light and the keyboard is pretty good, i can run whatever i want (within the constraints of a celeron) and the battery lasts like 9 hours

...but you do indeed get what you pay for. i think i got the one netbook 3 for around $850 and it was absolutely worth it imo. the screen is top-notch, the build quality is great (it's built like a goddamn tank), the performance blows away the celeron and the pseudo-nipple mouse is great. twelve ai generated thumbs up

e: excellent keyboard for the size too. i love it

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jan 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

now lets see some radical islam

lmao