Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

yeah that's the 70s for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
I swear I once read a story about how Colonol Sanders was inspecting a KFC, stuck his entire hand in either the gravy or the mashed potatoes, then pulled it out to taste it and judge its quality (I do not recall if he was satisfied).

I can’t seem to find such a story again, so I have to assume I either read it here or it was a wholesale invention of my brain.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Blue Moonlight posted:

I swear I once read a story about how Colonol Sanders was inspecting a KFC, stuck his entire hand in either the gravy or the mashed potatoes, then pulled it out to taste it and judge its quality (I do not recall if he was satisfied).

I can’t seem to find such a story again, so I have to assume I either read it here or it was a wholesale invention of my brain.

There's a story that he once visited a franchise, sampled their food, and promptly kicked out the manager and told the line cooks how to do it right.

Harlan Sanders would've been an excellent gently caress You and Dine poster.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

There's a fun dollop on him, dude was loving insane.

His wife kicked him out/he left his family, I forget, then later came back and hid in the woods by his house waiting for his kids to come out and play so he could kidnap them.

He waited a whole day and they didn't come out so he just went up to the house and asked to be taken back, and was.

https://podbay.fm/p/the-dollop-with-dave-anthony-and-gareth-reynolds/e/1560229274

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

i say swears online posted:

they will also take the honey-butter biscuits and dump frosting on them as a 'dessert'

those calories are frightening jesus christ

Sometimes they use the honey butter biscuit batter as breading for the tenders...

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

aniviron posted:

Nah the colonel hated what KFC did after he sold it.

yeah that's what i meant. if he came back to life and saw KFC these days he'd probably just die again on the spot.

----------------

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
wife got some tender deal on the app last night. i already ate, so she knew there were going to be left overs. i think they gave us enough tenders for two more meals

shame about the 2 bbq. thats enough for half a tender

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Rationing your dip is the worst part of the Popeyes tenders experience

----------------

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I’m sorry fellow Popeyes thread posters. I regret to inform you that the dips aren’t that great.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Blackened Ranch is legit one of the best available fast food sauces and I don't even like ranch .

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the bbq sucks rear end

blackened ranch is okay, mardi gras mustard is better, and just asking for a side of gravy as the dip is pro-tier

----------------

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

i say swears online posted:

the bbq sucks rear end

blackened ranch is okay, mardi gras mustard is better, and just asking for a side of gravy as the dip is pro-tier

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
mashed potatoes and gravy is the dip

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

net work error posted:

There's a KFC 2 blocks away from me and I will never order from there. gently caress you Colonel!!!!

Seems to be almost no matter where you go. There's always a KFC like 2 blocks from a Popeye's and it's confusing that anyone is going to the KFC with a Popeye's so close by...

----------------

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
My family and I had Popeyes for lunch today and we got so many free tenders.

But my wife had normal fried chicken and got exactly what she ordered.

The moral of the story is to eat tenders.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

But how many dyiiiiiips?

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

it's confusing that anyone is going to the KFC with a Popeye's so close by...

I feel the same way about chipotle in California.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

This looks SO GOOD.

https://www.chewboom.com/2023/01/28/new-shrimp-roll-spotted-at-popeyes/

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If that bun is the same brioche as the sandwich loving get in, give it to me now.

E: Blackened Tartar Sauce? gently caress yes.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

E: Blackened Tartar Sauce? gently caress yes.

[heavy breathing]

----------------

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/MikeTaddow/status/1631301902045532160?s=20
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7197033432772267306

----------------

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Didn't bloat after.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah but no red beans and rice, so it makes sense

----------------

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

i have a theory that all the rave reviews of the popeyes chicken sandwich when it first came out were just because white people outside the south were eating fried chicken for the first time. regular popeyes chicken is vastly superior to the sandwich but a sandwich was an accessible thing white people were comfortable eating so they freaked out because omg fried chicken is good, actually

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

drat now i want some fried chicken. really got a hankerin' for some good country grocery store deli fried chicken

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

i have a theory that all the rave reviews of the popeyes chicken sandwich when it first came out were just because white people outside the south were eating fried chicken for the first time. regular popeyes chicken is vastly superior to the sandwich but a sandwich was an accessible thing white people were comfortable eating so they freaked out because omg fried chicken is good, actually

I am fairly certain that fried chicken was a popular food in many places including all parts of America prior to the introduction of the Popeyes sandwiches.

Even outside of American fast food, chicken schnitzel exists. Karaage exists.

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Mar 3, 2023

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah fried chicken is like a universally beloved food in America, if anything it’s because most commercially available chicken sandwiches historically have been closer to hot dogs (soy, filler, water, mechanically separated meat in that order :yum:) compared to an actual brined and breaded breast of chicken. To many people it is absolutely a new thing

----------------

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

The Popeyes chicken sandwich is legit good. Blows away Chik fil A which is generally known as good.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

That Works posted:

The Popeyes chicken sandwich is legit good. Blows away Chik fil A which is generally known as good.

I’ve only had one once and it was decidedly mediocre. Same with their tendies. Maybe I just hit them on a bad day, but if I’m going to Popeyes I’m gettin real chicken from now on.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Chik fil a is a joke. The sauce is pretty good, but the chicken is completely unseasoned. The sandwich sucks. The waffle fries are similarly unseasoned. Dreadful restaurant.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I’ve only had one once and it was decidedly mediocre. Same with their tendies. Maybe I just hit them on a bad day, but if I’m going to Popeyes I’m gettin real chicken from now on.

Id say try it again some other time. I still go for Popeyes for the fried chicken, biscuits and redbeans myself, but I did enjoy the sandwich a great deal and will now and then grab another one.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Popeye's chicken sandwich is great for lunch. The fried chicken is great for dinner. Although getting the chicken tenders are also good for dinner and sometimes they give you extra tenders, but I have never gotten extra pieces of chicken...

----------------

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The last time I had Popeyes I got food poisoning

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Just finished a delicious meal of Popeyes. Spicy blackened chicken sandwich no tomato, Cajun fries and a blueberry lemon cream cheese pie, washed down with a can of no name lemon lime sparkling water. Living la vida loca.

----------------

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Popeyes got rats

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Forgot to mention, the new Ghost Pepper Rats are out of this world

----------------

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Szyznyk posted:

Popeyes got rats

that's why it's so good. adds a little "somethin somethin."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDF6qGnN3_w

----------------

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Popeye's chicken sandwich is great for lunch. The fried chicken is great for dinner. Although getting the chicken tenders are also good for dinner and sometimes they give you extra tenders, but I have never gotten extra pieces of chicken...

i get real chicken for weekend lunch and its so good. lickin all the grease off your fingies afterwards is the best part, but you gotta plan a nap afterwards and also you need to have a coke afterwards because youre gonna get sweet tea with your lunch and its gonna be good but it's pretty heavy, so youre gonna need some caffeinated bubbles after all that

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Here you are, getting something you didn’t even pay for in the grand Popeyes tradition, and complaining about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Anonymous Robot posted:

Chik fil a is a joke. The sauce is pretty good, but the chicken is completely unseasoned. The sandwich sucks. The waffle fries are similarly unseasoned. Dreadful restaurant.

Chik fil a has better drinks. Their Arnold Palmer is delicious as are their shakes. The chicken is consistently just ok.

Popeyes por vida bitches