Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I bounced off this league rather early, though it's really not because of anything to do with the league (I have pretty much all the same criticisms of Sanctum itself that everyone else has but that's not why). I think I was just in a place where I wanted to play other things more than I wanted to play PoE.

I'm glad the game's in such a good state, though. Hopefully that will continue. I'll want to play again sooner or later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
Maybe with the extra month they're giving themselves they will, in fact, playtest and balance their next league(s).

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

After playing most of the league with a poison SRS char that is tanky as hell and does like 40mil dps, (and I actually got it to 100 for the first time since the exp nerf) I feel like I may be a bit spoiled as I keep wanting to roll a new build but this one feels so good I dunno what I would switch to. Thought about steel mages new invulnerable build or that mana stacking mjolnir build, the latter being the one that looks the most interesting to me. But :shrug:

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
I'm running a clone of Ben's hit based SRS as a league ender generalist build. Self crafting slooooow and might make some changes to fit in a corrupt SOL. I'm appreciating his take on support minions - if they are fiddly and die, don't use em, and he still hits 10m pinnacle in an ssf enviro

his pob, make sure to configure guardian asc poo poo and add multistrike for st dps: https://pobb.in/U0xHuXtt

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
can anyone give an example of a "stepping stone" map investment strategy? i mean i have "get your voidstones with sextants, get an atlas tree that you like" which is peanuts to set up. and i hear about more expensive farming strategies that are like, multiple div investments. but are there maybe strategies in the <1div range that i could dip my toes into?

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
You could do like a wandering path 8 mod setup, maybe farming crimson, with gilded div ambush carto & singular focus crimson +strand or mauso using 2x strongbox sextant, 8 mod, last one your choice (I use beyond).

You can also drop 8 mod map sextant for magic pack size or maps have 20% qual or something and sell regular maps.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
god I always forget the 8mod drops is a sextant, I need to grab some of those

wouldn't bother selling regular maps though, they're worthless at this point

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I'd like a method to remind myself to reapply sextants or even better, have sextants automatically reapplied.

J
Jun 10, 2001

qnqnx posted:

I'd like a method to remind myself to reapply sextants or even better, have sextants automatically reapplied.

In my inventory I put a stack of 4 rolled maps and a compass in each column to function as a reminder to re-apply sextants.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.
Yeah I just grab maps to run 4 at a time and when I'm out of maps, I need new compasses. Pretty simple reminder.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Seems like it would be reasonable to allow you to stack the same compass effect over and over to extend the length

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"
Hello I have a mechanics question

Champion’s adrenaline skill says “gain adrenaline for 20 seconds when you reach low life”

Cowards Legacy says “you count as on low life while you are cursed with vulnerability” and “you are cursed with vulnerability”

When I use a flask that removes curses for a couple seconds expires, I do not gain adrenaline.

Then there’s Araku Tiki, that says “gain elusive on reaching low life”

But, using the curse removal flask gives me elusive when the flask expires (I don’t care about the amulet though, I was just testing this out)

So is “when you reach low life” mechanically different than “on reaching low life” ???

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Mr. Grumpybones posted:

Champion’s adrenaline skill says “gain adrenaline for 20 seconds when you reach low life”

Cowards Legacy says “you count as on low life while you are cursed with vulnerability” and “you are cursed with vulnerability”

When I use a flask that removes curses for a couple seconds expires, I do not gain adrenaline.

But, using the curse removal flask gives me elusive when the flask expires (I don’t care about the amulet though, I was just testing this out)

So is “when you reach low life” mechanically different than “on reaching low life” ???

this post should be the thread title

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mr. Grumpybones posted:

How nearby are you?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Fister Roboto posted:

How nearby are you?

Depends, are we talking about leech recovery rate or max recovery per leech?

Real answer OP: The non-interaction with Coward's Legacy and FTSLTF is working as intended and it's probably the Araku Tiki interaction that's a bug.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
If it's working then it's a bug?

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Second attempt, have 2 more of the scrolls if I want to try but I'm done for tonight cause I'm too tense from doing this.

Also I'll probably change my build to a not glass cannon once I'm done with these no hit attempts. I'm more or less done with the league though and just wanted to prove to myself I could do this.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
So I'm about done with my month long holiday and I've got 2 shaped CotBs and a 6 link Shroud waiting for me but I haven't quite decided what to play. Obviously a Lightning or Phys spell but with Heatshiver being busted I kind of want to integrate a shaped one into the build as I haven't used one yet.

Do I want to go elementalist for all damage can freeze or go assassin for all the crit, which ends up being similar freeze-wise? I don't have PoB available but my gut instinct is assassin scales better with gear while Shaper of Winter Elementalist will be easier to start off with.

Any other ascendancies worth considering?

Any other uniques that work well with Heatshiver that I can shape?

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

whypick1 posted:

Depends, are we talking about leech recovery rate or max recovery per leech?

Real answer OP: The non-interaction with Coward's Legacy and FTSLTF is working as intended and it's probably the Araku Tiki interaction that's a bug.

It feels like "counting as low on life" doesn't really have much point if it doesn't interact with "reaching low on life".

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

There's plenty of things that care about if you're in a low life state and not if you've transitioned into that state (i.e. Pain Attunement).

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Erulisse posted:

If it's working then it's a bug?

what game are we talking about?

"see, you may be freeze immune, but these things do not freeze, you see, they slow you to 0% action speed - which is even better cause you cant flask that away lol"
"this is not burning ground which you are immune to, no, the, ahm, floor is on fire, and kills you in a second flat it does"

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

"see, you may be freeze immune, but these things do not freeze, you see, they slow you to 0% action speed - which is even better cause you cant flask that away lol"
"this is not burning ground which you are immune to, no, the, ahm, floor is on fire, and kills you in a second flat it does"

the searing exarch mobs which drop burning ground (it is oil which is ignited on fire and the oil is on fire, not the ground)

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Cynic Jester posted:

So I'm about done with my month long holiday and I've got 2 shaped CotBs and a 6 link Shroud waiting for me but I haven't quite decided what to play. Obviously a Lightning or Phys spell but with Heatshiver being busted I kind of want to integrate a shaped one into the build as I haven't used one yet.

Do I want to go elementalist for all damage can freeze or go assassin for all the crit, which ends up being similar freeze-wise? I don't have PoB available but my gut instinct is assassin scales better with gear while Shaper of Winter Elementalist will be easier to start off with.

Any other ascendancies worth considering?

Any other uniques that work well with Heatshiver that I can shape?

I don’t believe Shaper of Winter will actually help you freeze, so I’d say assassin (damage) or trickster (tankier) might be better. Plus the forbidden jewel-only ascendancy for Shadow (name escapes me) is basically just “more” Eternity Shroud effect. To improve freezes, you have to scale ailment/freeze duration specifically (not standard ailment effect).

That said, the Elementalist ignite node would benefit from an Eternity Shroud setup if you wanted to try for big ignites.

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

Yolomon Wayne posted:

There was a joke on reddit that I saw that referred to it as blurning ground which I thought was loving hilarious. Had a very Simpson's-esque boo-urns quality to it.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

MerrMan posted:

There was a joke on reddit that I saw that referred to it as blurning ground which I thought was loving hilarious. Had a very Simpson's-esque boo-urns quality to it.

"Brrrr, lousy smreezing ground"

Traitorous Leopard posted:

I don’t believe Shaper of Winter will actually help you freeze, so I’d say assassin (damage) or trickster (tankier) might be better. Plus the forbidden jewel-only ascendancy for Shadow (name escapes me) is basically just “more” Eternity Shroud effect. To improve freezes, you have to scale ailment/freeze duration specifically (not standard ailment effect).

That said, the Elementalist ignite node would benefit from an Eternity Shroud setup if you wanted to try for big ignites.

Shaper of Winter wouldn't directly help with inflicting freezes, as you stated, but the extra ailment affect mod would help if the monster was affected by a chill linked to Bonechill, causing an increase in cold damage taken, leading to longer freezes.

Harness the Void is the Shadow FF/FF ascendancy.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
New lore dump video from Kitten Cat Noodle, for those who like that sort of stuff, like me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QuY96FyhG4

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

whypick1 posted:

"Brrrr, lousy smreezing ground"

Shaper of Winter wouldn't directly help with inflicting freezes, as you stated, but the extra ailment affect mod would help if the monster was affected by a chill linked to Bonechill, causing an increase in cold damage taken, leading to longer freezes.

Harness the Void is the Shadow FF/FF ascendancy.

Oh yeah, it's chill, not freeze, derp.

Might give trickster a go, haven't done that since the remake.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Hamelekim posted:

New lore dump video from Kitten Cat Noodle, for those who like that sort of stuff, like me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QuY96FyhG4

Watching this video while doing a full Sanctum did not help me make any progress on Definitive Deviation :smith:

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Successfully icicle mined my way to two Original Sins :D Starting to switch over to TShot on my Deadeye to use it; curious why folks are using Silver flask with Mageblood alongside an Onslaught on hit synth ring? Does the inc effect on the flask give increased Onslaught effect or something? And if so, why bother with the ring?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Yes, they recently made onslaught be a part of the effect scaling on flasks. If someone is using mb +silver and an onslaught on hit ring, they are probably RMT or something because... Why

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.
Because they're bad at PoE. There's no reason to use onslaught on hit with mageblood+silver

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Also everyone posting their original sin runs makes me want to try again, but just getting another relic to drop is gonna crush my soul

theshim
May 1, 2012

I just got my Original Sin BV Occ up and running, about 170 divines in.

It's complete poo poo. One of the worst things I've ever played. Absolute dogshit, a complete fuckup, total trash.

I suck at this game so loving hard it's almost funny.

:buddy:

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Dang yo, is it really irredeemable or is it just the play style?

theshim
May 1, 2012

It's clunky, slow, and made of paper. It desperately needs a Mageblood to solve all these issues but that would cost over half again what it cost to put the whole thing together and that took me most of the league to make.

I was considering doing Tornado Shot instead but bows cost roughly infinity money so I'm glad I didn't, but at least that would have been faster and probably safer. This thing is awful and the damage isn't even that good, a little over 15m. Not a small amount, but for what I put into it I would have expected to deal at least twice that.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Me with a 100+ div frost blades character with 15m DPS in pob:

(It is fast for sure though, that probably helps the feel a lot)

theshim
May 1, 2012

Yeah that character's probably fast as hell, and almost certainly more durable than mine :v:

I'll probably post the PoB later so y'all can make fun of me. It turns out that with over 5500 hours in this game I'm still absolute dogshit at making my own builds!

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
Dex stacking TS isn't the worst to get running cost-wise but I mean, it's not cheap and def not as powerful as omni

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

Kehveli posted:

Dex stacking TS isn't the worst to get running cost-wise but I mean, it's not cheap and def not as powerful as omni
I actually have a dex stacking relic that dropped (it and the +1 power charge ones are the only good ones I've gotten all league) and I considered doing a build with that. Maybe I should just sell everything off on this character and reroll to it :v: