Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

thrusters lounge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
careful with the nws-ish

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

graph posted:

careful with the nws-ish

ill do better about poasting hillary clinton in the future

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
just a reminder that your employer is looking for a way to cut you and hire a fresh out of college person for 1/3 the salary so posting and tagging on the side of caution is a kind service to your fellow posters

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

what kind of dork is using this website on a work computer smh

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

*half of yospos raises their hand*

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

*half of yospos raises their hand*

other half: phone on work toilet

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sagebrush posted:

I had all those Bruce Coville books. My Teacher Is An Alien is a genre classic

that and i remember reading My Teacher Flunked the Planet

Achmed Jones posted:

bruce coville was pretty dang great, but william sleater brought the real poo poo

holy poo poo. i forgot the name of Interstellar Pig and i enjoyed the poo poo out of that as a kid. thank you

all these covers are great. make more scifi covers literal

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Germany and Belgium are the best beers which is why Germany invaded them to try and stamp out the competition

im agreeing with these beerpinons

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Germany and Belgium are the best beers which is why Germany invaded them to try and stamp out the competition

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

I misread this title, was thoroughly disappointed when I re-read it

mystes
May 31, 2006

Agile Vector posted:

holy poo poo. i forgot the name of Interstellar Pig and i enjoyed the poo poo out of that as a kid. thank you

all these covers are great. make more scifi covers literal

I think that was my favorite William Sleator book too

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

what kind of dork is using this website on a work computer smh

yo

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
why would you have a computer for things that arent work

edit: ok video games i guess

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
sometimes hanging with my yospals is work but thats okay. i'll keep posting garbage

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Base Emitter posted:

other half: phone on work toilet

Literally getting doxed right now what the gently caress

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

ADINSX posted:

Literally getting doxed right now what the gently caress

assassination coordinates

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Kamrat posted:

I misread this title, was thoroughly disappointed when I re-read it
extremely same op

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

FMguru posted:

extremely same op

literally just noticed i did the same

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

perfect

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
jfc i booted up my computer today and my desktop had inexplicably changed from my normal background to this for some hosed up reason

immediately turned off my ethernet adapter because i thought i was getting pwned and tried to figure out what was happening

turns out it goes away if i turn off my external drive so i guess there's some random (vacation? screenshots from a movie? a third thing???) that i accidentally set as the source for my desktop background. holey poo poo i was confused. I'm actually still really confused because the slideshow is not named like any folder on that drive but at least I know I'm not getting cryptolocked or something

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Corla Plankun posted:

jfc i booted up my computer today and my desktop had inexplicably changed from my normal background to this for some hosed up reason

immediately turned off my ethernet adapter because i thought i was getting pwned and tried to figure out what was happening

turns out it goes away if i turn off my external drive so i guess there's some random (vacation? screenshots from a movie? a third thing???) that i accidentally set as the source for my desktop background. holey poo poo i was confused. I'm actually still really confused because the slideshow is not named like any folder on that drive but at least I know I'm not getting cryptolocked or something

sounds like you shouldn’t be using computers

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Corla Plankun posted:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

nexous posted:

This but it’s written in my own blood on the mirror i shattered at work like I’m Laura palmers dad

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

if i were a billionaire this would be one of the things i'd do.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Fart Sandwiches posted:

This but it’s written in my own blood on the mirror i shattered at work like I’m Laura palmers dad

you sure you want to compare yourself to leland palmer?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Corla Plankun posted:

Is it synced to onedrive? I think I've heard of things where windows randomly decides to pull photos from onedrive as desktop backgrounds after a windows update or something.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Sagebrush posted:

if i were a billionaire this would be one of the things i'd do.

read a newspaper?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

mystes posted:

Is it synced to onedrive? I think I've heard of things where windows randomly decides to pull photos from onedrive as desktop backgrounds after a windows update or something.

last time i used windows after an update it was randomly cycling things from the photos folder, which i had symlinked to the NAS where i keep all of my raws

so explorer crashed lol

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

mystes posted:

weird!

i hosed up at associating images with a third party image previewer when i first got this pc and for some reason if i open multiple images at once windows "sets them as my background slideshow", so having random poo poo as my background happens every once in a while, but this is the first time it has happened and i had no fuckin idea where the images came from. this external drive has a bunch of backups of my wife and my old google accounts though so its probably a snapshot from somebody's vacation or something

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

ugh. pager duty

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

my dad had this pager

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Managers at my company begging for more pages like they're a blue motherfucker stuck in a myst book.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Corla Plankun posted:

the last thing u see before u die :spooky:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Beeftweeter posted:

my dad had this pager

dang your dad's really jacked

Salt Fish posted:

Managers at my company begging for more pages like they're a blue motherfucker stuck in a myst book.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

nexous posted:

Nobody should be using computers