Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
she says he is a nationalist not a patriot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

As in he's pro communist china and anti hong kong?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

my opinion on the Hong Kong thing is that I saw way too many British flags in the crowds for it to have been any good

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

mystes posted:

As in he's pro communist china and anti hong kong?

as in he wants to equate "asian" with "han chinese", i think is her point. she got pretty animated about it lol

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
he disowned his kid for bein gay, didnt he

or is that the other one

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Drunken master is pretty good and I liked the Jackie Chan cartoon as a kid

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
ah, it looks like he disowned both his kids, one for bein gay and the other for smokin the devils lettuce, keepin it on topic

and the bootlickin ofc

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Rude of him imo

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

he sounds like an rear end in a top hat, idk

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

bob dobbs is dead posted:

ah, it looks like he disowned both his kids, one for bein gay and the other for smokin the devils lettuce, keepin it on topic

and the bootlickin ofc

I would like to retract my previous statement

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the hong kong protests were super pro anglo in the same way that vietnam is now the most pro-american place in the history of the world, including america itself. over 50% approval rate of america from literal viet cong, sliding up to 90s% approval in young peeps. if it aint hegemony its balance of powers. if you gotta have a hegemon pick one far away

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Feb 20, 2023

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

i like beeftweeters posting because it’s a 2 for 1 value

mystes
May 31, 2006

and the bootlickin ofc
Oh drat I didn't know that

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

and the bootlickin ofc

he wasn’t involved in his daughters life, product of an affair. it was the mom that disowned her daughter publicly for being a lesbian. i guess he could have stepped up and been more present but Etta Ng Chok Lam herself doesn’t consider him her dad

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

are there public figures in china who are allowed to not support the government? i kind of thought you either toed the line, said literally nothing (if they'd let you) or got blacklisted at best

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
hong kong it was sorta allowed until like the mid-10s

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I would like to retract my previous statement

https://twitter.com/dril/status/831805955402776576?s=61&t=_-eAJFxkgnxuNvUqef2wUQ

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

hong kong it was sorta allowed until like the mid-10s

is that relevant to jackie chan? not being snarky- i thought he just did hk cinema but was a mainlander with family on the mainland etc

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
born and raised hong konger

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

oh. well. dang. iirc he was vocally pro-chinese-govt well before the more recent hk crackdown so i got nothing. bummer.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

yeah his early movies iirc are all set in HK

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

hong kong from his head to his dong

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
itd be nice if jackie chan was a better dude but whatcha gonna do

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the hong kong protests were super pro anglo in the same way that vietnam is now the most pro-american place in the history of the world, including america itself. over 50% approval rate of america from literal viet cong, sliding up to 90s% approval in young peeps. if it aint hegemony its balance of powers. if you gotta have a hegemon pick one far away

Plus you're allowed to feel benevolent to countries you've defeated in war

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

trying to contact to my doctor about my mental health and i've been on hold for half an hour. lol that owns

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Yeaaah I've been waiting for the care I'm legally entitled to have... since 2020.

COVID really hosed things up even further everywhere in Europe.

On the plus side my docs say given my diagnoses my mental health is incredibly stable.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

"You've got me doing the work of 2 people and its driving me insane, its physically impossible for me to deal with people at the town hall in person, take a dozen calls a day, run the department email, organise the compactus and digitise documents at the same time."

"We've reveiwed the numbers and decided its a 1.5 person job. You will get a part time backup."

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/guardiannews/status/1627592781181947904?s=46&t=kC9vB96Ia5CFZdeuFp_etA

well done smoka

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

fart simpson posted:

yosposters are like jackie chan in legend of the drunken master, but for computer touching
my favorite part of DRUNKEN MASTER II (1994) is the deleted scene from the beginning, where Jackie Chan’s character hits his head while cleaning up the basement and loses all his heart upgrades and unlocked subweapons he earned in the previous film

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

cjs: monday.. :negative:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/KennethLogins/status/1495807369258938368

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

dioxazine posted:

cjs: monday.. :negative:

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

today is the day to go wild for chester a arthur and rutherford b hayes

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
c monday morning js: server issues already :negative:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
still beats arguing with small business owners over sign permits tho.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

bunny was complaining about not being old enough to buy alcohol so i photoshopped her onto the mclovin license and now when i get home i want to make a silly little web toy

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

minecraft booby mousepad?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

what about it

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

eh, it's a living

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
:)