Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lobster shirt posted:

in the goonlulz fyad thread somebody looked at that guys post history and he has like a dozen instances of describing things as toilet

i immediately went into mod wordfilter mode and searched for toilet in that post when i saw who it was and was not disappointed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

in the goonlulz fyad thread somebody looked at that guys post history and he has like a dozen instances of describing things as toilet

lmao

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

that's like some 50s nerd swearing right there

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

speng31b posted:

e: like the psychology of it was modeled around making people insane. you dont exactly know when the threads will open or when they will close again. its wild

yeah im kind of coming around on it too. but also i think it made mawr insane and i like mawr :[

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lol at the two posts about legitimate toilet shopping nestled in there

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Cuttlefush posted:

yeah im kind of coming around on it too. but also i think it made mawr insane and i like mawr :[

lol he hates spr so much

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

lol he hates spr so much

i honestly dont get it.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

speng31b posted:

i think i might have prematurely misjudged this whole SAD thing.

the time-boxed nature of the threads being opened actually distills the entertainment into its purest form. like black friday going out of business sale on goon drama. people feel like they have to get their posts in so they just go all in and all out

e: like the psychology of it was modeled around making people insane. you dont exactly know when the threads will open or when they will close again. its wild

I like it lol

speng31b
May 8, 2010

did he really get that mad because of a sixer or was it the making fun of the covid thread that did it. i feel like a lot of us poke jabs at the covid thread sometimes, does he hate us all that much?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the toilet toilet store sold me a toilet toilet, it cant flush poo poo

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

speng31b posted:

did he really get that mad because of a sixer or was it the making fun of the covid thread that did it. i feel like a lot of us poke jabs at the covid thread sometimes, does he hate us all that much?

i like mawr but i posted "gas the covid thread" like two or three times and he replied to each post saying like "gas your account". he is a big fan of the thread. or maybe he just hates me lol.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
i like mawr :[

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
rolling up into the uspol thread to buy toilets

speng31b
May 8, 2010

everyone should be willing to see their favorite megathreads die. its healthy to let go sometimes.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Cuttlefush posted:

i honestly dont get it.

she's actually nice

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Cuttlefush posted:

he’s good but I think he should chill a little

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i used to like posting in the succ zone but it feels to negative for me so i stopped reading it. dont think it should be gassed though.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Cranappleberry posted:

she's actually nice

i was probed bloody by some plague rats. but i never hated her. i said, basically your entire post history is you starting random fights with people over dumb politics crap. chill out. user loses posting privileges for 1 week

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
my relationship with the mods admins is them probing me, beggine me to stop posting in a thread, giving up and letting me post in the thread or losing their buttons

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

AnimeIsTrash posted:

he’s good but I think he should chill a little

it's this

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I like the covid thread, but I don’t take gas personally. all of the doom threads are tough to read and drive some people brick-doggingly insane

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Cuttlefush posted:

i was probed bloody by some plague rats. but i never hated her. i said, basically your entire post history is you starting random fights with people over dumb politics crap. chill out. user loses posting privileges for 1 week

https://twitter.com/repjohnlewis/status/751432205826715648

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Cuttlefush posted:

yeah turn left mawr, out of that forum

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
I get that it was the joke I just wanted to read the real one again

speng31b
May 8, 2010

alarumklok posted:

I like the covid thread, but I don’t take gas personally. all of the doom threads are tough to read and drive some people brick-doggingly insane

it's one of those things where it's healthy to have your bubble popped occasionally. it's a thread with good info that some people really need. but people dont need their entire posting personality to become one topic, no matter what that topic is

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
telling a covid poster to take deep breaths is basically a death threat

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

speng31b posted:

i think i might have prematurely misjudged this whole SAD thing.

the time-boxed nature of the threads being opened actually distills the entertainment into its purest form. like black friday going out of business sale on goon drama. people feel like they have to get their posts in so they just go all in and all out

I think it’s good. Like eventually it will maybe produce a good feedback system or drive both admins and posters insane so it’s a win-win

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Mwar is always chill in the covid thread, I like them.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

reported

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I think it’s good. Like eventually it will maybe produce a good feedback system or drive both admins and posters insane so it’s a win-win

:yeah:

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

500 good dogs posted:

I get that it was the joke I just wanted to read the real one again

i always forget it wasnt a joke post originally. incredible

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

drat they should make this clickable

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Trixie Hardcore posted:

the eternal cycle of problems on these forums aren't about needing to nail down procedure they're about trust

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Wheeee posted:

the eternal cycle of problems on these forums aren't about needing to nail down procedure they're about trust

not true I think the next procedure is gonna be a real winner

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Mwar is always chill in the covid thread, I like them.

yeah same. covid thread is usually right. although i hope it isnt.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

lol

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Wheeee posted:

Someone literally doxxed Azathoth a page ago

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
this time we got it right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

i and pepe and other great posters are using it in the intended manner. gently suggesting things, being respectful, polite, and waiting for a response. if more ppl had patience and respect good things wwould happen....