Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://no

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Mar 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

quiggy posted:

you can if you believe :quig:

no matter how hard i try, i can't stop enjoying boobs and thinking ballsacks are weird. im sorry i tried

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

PokeJoe posted:

no matter how hard i try, i can't stop enjoying boobs and thinking ballsacks are weird. im sorry i tried

im gay and do the same op

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Lady Radia posted:

im gay and do the same op

how

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

wiat im a guy does tha tmatter

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

lol if you dont love boobs and balls

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

https://twitter.com/hausofdecline/status/1630667228809928717

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

https://youtu.be/9VA3N7BzwH8

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

polyester concept posted:

i've never actually played a dlc for dark souls when it was released, always much later, so I have no idea how they typically work. can you suddenly get access to the dlc area from an existing save? or do you have to start a brand new game? I wonder how they will manage it for elden ring being an open world where the order you complete things doesn't matter (as much). it would be cool if I didn't need to start a new game and play through 2/3rd of it before I can access to the new parts. then again it seems like it might take place after the main story so maybe you load up a save from a completed play through? so many questions

Usually the DLC is accessable regardless as long as you're fat enough in. You just might have to look up where to find the teleport(/mcguffin to use the teleport) to it because it might be somewhere you've already finished.

But generally speaking, progress doesn't block you out of dlc I don't think

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

my xbone controller has developed stick drift. not cool

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Decon posted:

Usually the DLC is accessable regardless as long as you're fat enough in.

I’ve never played the game, but I bet I’m fat enough already!

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

they should let me ride a horse radhan style in the elden ring dlc

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

i wanna be a jar. just jar me up old-school

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad

i've never actually played a dlc for dark souls when it was released, always much later, so I have no idea how they typically work. can you suddenly get access to the dlc area from an existing save? or do you have to start a brand new game? I wonder how they will manage it for elden ring being an open world where the order you complete things doesn't matter (as much). it would be cool if I didn't need to start a new game and play through 2/3rd of it before I can access to the new parts. then again it seems like it might take place after the main story so maybe you load up a save from a completed play through? so many questions

If I had to guess, the two most obvious places to put the entrance would be at Miquella's cocoon past Mohg, or the second lift, so I'm going to try to get a character up to relatively close to that point in the game beforehand. At the very least it should be easier to figure out than DS1, where you could easily completely miss where the trigger is for an entire playthrough.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

every previous souls dlc has been a separate world space that you access from some specific place in the main game, often needing some kind of item to do so. as an example in bloodborne you have to get the eye of a blood drunk hunter (iirc) from the main hub area and then travel to a specific place and get killed by a specific enemy, at which point it'll play a cutscene and you'll wake up in the first dlc zone. the only requirement for you character is that you can reach that enemy. the dlc doesn't level scale outside of the ng+ cycle so when you can do the dlc areas is really down to your skill level and the level differences between your character and the dlc zones

obviously idk if elden ring will work the same way but I'd be surprised if it doesn't

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

I'm also guessing that, this being their biggest, most popular, and most beginner friendly game you'll likely be told explicitly where and how to access it. Probably Melina unless you're past a certain point then idk lol just showing up at a site of grace to be like "hey tarnished you should go check on Miquella."

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Decon posted:

I'm also guessing that, this being their biggest, most popular, and most beginner friendly game you'll likely be told explicitly where and how to access it. Probably Melina just showing up at a site of grace to be like "hey tarnished you should go check on Miquella.

yeah the olden days of "there is now a golden golem in the duke's archives that you need to kill and then go to the lake on the other side of the world and kill a golem there and then you can access the dlc" are probably behind us

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Its for the best really

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

been trying Nioh 2 again, liking the combat mechanics better this time but the sheer amount of loot that drops is still overwhelming. maybe it's a case where only one stat among the dozen+ actually matters, idk

briefly played Everspace 2 last night and had kind of the same feeling. i've gone the last several years from playing Path of Exile and MMOs explicitly for the treadmill, to thinking "can we just... not?" WRT loot

at least in ER there's no randomized stats or whatever other bullshit, a claymore's a claymore. maybe i'll give that one more try instead of Nioh

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Ya i could never get into nioh... Its fine I guess but they should have leaned more into Ninja Gaiden and less into Dark Souls. Its UI design is also awful.

I dont really give a poo poo about wo long for the same reason.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_raaxuxmB4Q1uv2d0a.mp4

lmao the chat going wild

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Mr. Crow posted:

Ya i could never get into nioh... Its fine I guess but they should have leaned more into Ninja Gaiden and less into Dark Souls. Its UI design is also awful.

I dont really give a poo poo about wo long for the same reason.

I'm more interested in Wo Long because they leaned towards Sekiro for it, but yeah between the loot and the overcomplicated and unsatisfying stance gameplay, I gave up on it.

Also yeah I really can't do the loot treadmill in single player games anymore. It's one thing in games like Vermin/Darktide or Dark and Darker where I'm also just on discord hanging out with some friends and laughing about how bad we are as we run the loot treadmill.

But single player games need to reconsider it. A chest that does a hidden diceroll to decide my reward will always been less interesting than a chest that actually has something unique in it, even if it's only every fifth or so chest that has that instead of a consumable or crafting mats.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

loot is fine if

a) the stats are limited in number - no more than three tops, imo - and/or
b) it instead has unique special effects

i think of Terraria as a pretty good example, actually

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

ffxiv does loot pretty well too, it has a bunch of stats but unless you're a grognard challenging the most difficult content the math is literally "is this item higher level than my old one"

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

quiggy posted:

yeah the olden days of "there is now a golden golem in the duke's archives that you need to kill and then go to the lake on the other side of the world and kill a golem there and then you can access the dlc" are probably behind us

Hey now, the first golem looks identical to every other golem, it's the one way off in darkroot that's gold and obvious of course

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

quiggy posted:

ffxiv does loot pretty well too, it has a bunch of stats but unless you're a grognard challenging the most difficult content the math is literally "is this item higher level than my old one"
thankfully my skill-level and time-commitment gave out long before reaching grognard status. didn't even do extreme trials from half the patches, let alone any of the raids

now i've been unsubbed since 6.0 so i'm sure i've gotten worse lol

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Oh man, bet there will be a Sif situation with new dialogue if you do Malenia after the DLC so that's another playthrough to do there

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

quiggy posted:

even if you are grognarding the savage or ultimate fights it's still the same except in very specific circumstances, ilvl > main stat > crit > direct hit (poo poo crit) > determination (shitter crit)
you might care about piety if youre a healer

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i pay zero attn to piety on sage and just fuckin open palm slam as many crit materia XI or whatever it is i can in to some decent crafted gear and its Fine

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
the only time I cared about gear in FFXIV recently is when some story dungeon in 6.3 did a "c'mon at least get item level 600 you bum"

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Big charity Humble Bumble just dropped, if you want to give to a good cause and get a big stack of games in return

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/turkiye-syria-earthquake-relief-bundle

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

i pay zero attn to piety on sage and just fuckin open palm slam as many crit materia XI or whatever it is i can in to some decent crafted gear and its Fine

the current 610/620 crafted gear is very piety heavy compared to BiS sets so you don't have to worry

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

c jame s: i'm visiting the office for the week and was super bored last night and installed ffxiv on my laptop

it runs surprisingly well on my potato gpu and the biggest thing I say right now is that the sound design is on point

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i've considered FFXIV multiple times, but i've been out of the MMO genre for over a decade and i just don't feel like it'd be healthy for me (personally) go to back since i tend to get obsessive about finishing one more thing

sounds like a great game in general though

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

dioxazine posted:

i've considered FFXIV multiple times, but i've been out of the MMO genre for over a decade and i just don't feel like it'd be healthy for me (personally) go to back since i tend to get obsessive about finishing one more thing

sounds like a great game in general though

I only played the trial from time to time, but it was fun. Don't think mmos are really my thing anymore.

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
FFXIV is pretty chill as far as MMOs go, if you don't have the kind of brain worms where you must absolutely complete every single possible thing it's fine

the player base is pretty chill to compared to wow as well

(Although i did get someone to call me a "sad retard" yesterday because i spammed the laugh emote at the respawn point during leap of faith though :allears:)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
its more of a jrpg where you occasionally have to experience Hell (other people)

the whole static raid group / jesse, we have to prog / omg you were 2 seconds late on that cooldown stuff doesnt show up till the very end. theres a ton of story betwixt here and there

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

its more of a jrpg where you occasionally have to experience Hell (other people)

i already get paid to do that it's called a job

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Zlodo posted:

FFXIV is pretty chill as far as MMOs go, if you don't have the kind of brain worms where you must absolutely complete every single possible thing it's fine

the player base is pretty chill to compared to wow as well

(Although i did get someone to call me a "sad retard" yesterday because i spammed the laugh emote at the respawn point during leap of faith though :allears:)

it's their fault for being bad at babies first jumping puzzle

also wtf did bump do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it was some gross/questionable image. i forget what it was, but i saw it before it was erased and recall thinking "hmmmmm"