Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Hmm I played that and it was pretty ok,I dont remember doing much grinding. Idk if it was a remaster tho or just a port but it was like...last year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

PokeJoe posted:

Hell you can make them collect eggs during a rain of hazardous fallout if your heart so desires

its sounding ever more enticing

i did get silver, thanks for the carry random players

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdD66WGBVHM
:eyepop:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

fully automated..

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

I wonder if a tech billionaire idiot bought Chirper in the game's universe

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

new game from the shadowrun trilogy/battletech studio

https://twitter.com/HBSLamplighters/status/1632811065997230083

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i really liked dragonfall and hong kong

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdD66WGBVHM
hype

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

dioxazine posted:

i really liked dragonfall and hong kong
:hai:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

quiggy posted:

new game from the shadowrun trilogy/battletech studio

https://twitter.com/HBSLamplighters/status/1632811065997230083

hell yeah, not that the trailer in itself awed me (blades in the dark license?), but harebrained schemes has a great track record

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

hell yeah, not that the trailer in itself awed me (blades in the dark license?), but harebrained schemes has a great track record

blades in the dark is an interesting setting… I’m not really sure they’re going to use the rules at all though.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lmao fair play to the kid for being able to play along with it.

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ovu8bjusbZ1ttmhgq.mp4

edit: best not listen on speakers at work

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

MrQueasy posted:

blades in the dark is an interesting setting… I’m not really sure they’re going to use the rules at all though.

this is very obviously not blades in the dark related at all :confused:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

quiggy posted:

i mislead them by a guess purely on a vague sense of theme and their past history of adapting settings

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ovu8bjusbZ1ttmhgq.mp4

edit: best not listen on speakers at work

oh wow

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

quiggy posted:

what? people expect me to watch these trailers?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

wow look at this, wonder if it runs apocalypse world!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

hoping steam'll let me refund ksp2 at 4 hours. that poo poo's unacceptably bad, early access be damned

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

quiggy posted:

wow look at this, wonder if it runs apocalypse world!

I can dream.

Mario, Balls has you dead to rights: "Where's my fuckin' jingle, plumber man?" he roars, pointing an ugly nailgun at your face.

What do you do?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

this is from a youtube tutorial isn't it

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Hm I never played THE OUTER WORLDS when it landed but have read it was like a b-tier Fallout style space game, so when I saw there was a 'GOTY' remaster with all the extras coming along I thought I might have a look out of curiosity.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1920490/The_Outer_Worlds_Spacers_Choice_Edition/

Yeah not fifty quid curious.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

the base game is on game pass if you felt like wasting time

it's not good though

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Its bad

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

i thought it was Fine. not good, not bad, an enjoyable enough experience if you want new vegas but worse

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

pavarti is a good character

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

hoping steam'll let me refund ksp2 at 4 hours. that poo poo's unacceptably bad, early access be damned

i want to hear more how bad is it?

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Outer Worlds sucked imo. combat is pretty lame in every modern fallout game, and this one is basically indistinguishable from them. the environments you wander around are so small and contained that it completely ruins the sense that you're zipping around in a big world; especially when you're supposed to be landed on some planet, you can really feel the walls hemming you in. and the writing and characterization are barely better than a bethesda game. it's the same old poo poo where it zooms way the gently caress in to some uncanny valley monstrosity whose dead eyes are glaring directly into you, and some voice actor on quaaludes slowly enunciates blunt statements about who they are and what they think and what the next piece of exposition is. it's an extravaganza of telling and not showing. also i don't find it very funny.

Pile Of Garbage posted:

i want to hear more how bad is it?

haven't played it but this review concurs with the above opinion https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/kerbal-space-program-2-early-access-review

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Truman Peyote posted:

haven't played it but this review concurs with the above opinion https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/kerbal-space-program-2-early-access-review
yeah this review aligns with my thoughts. it got forced out the door way, way, way too soon

fortunately steam gave me the refund :toot:

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

scott manley prolly having an aneurysm now or something lol

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bethesda game are mile wide and an inch thick

outer worlds is a foot wide and a centimeter thick

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Bethesda game are mile wide and an inch thick

outer worlds is a foot wide and a centimeter thick

:hmmyes:

i will admit that the writing in Outer Worlds is better than, like, Fallout 3 or an Elder Scrolls game. but that is really very faint praise

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

outer wilds is the better outer game

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Truman Peyote posted:

quote:

There are no missions to undertake, so you’re limited to the “make your own fun” of the sandbox. There are fewer parts to build with. Aspects of the physics simulation just aren’t here either. There are heat shields, for example, but they’re pointless as ships don’t actually heat up on re-entry.

his sounds not tooooo different from the state KSP1 was back when it was first released and you could give them money for it. it was buggy, ships would randomly fall apart and explode, for a while there wasn't even a mun.

but it also had the novelty of being a something that had never really been done before

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Truman Peyote posted:

:hmmyes:

i will admit that the writing in Outer Worlds is better than, like, Fallout 3 or an Elder Scrolls game. but that is really very faint praise

:rolleyes: sounds like you never read The Lusty Argonian Maid

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

i reinstalled portal 1 and 2 last night because someone was posting about them somewhere

started portal 1 at like 9:30 pm and was done with it by 11. i didn't think it was that short lol

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

puzzle game was easier on the second playthrough?

wild.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

dioxazine posted:

outer wilds is the better outer game

outer wilds is a loving masterpiece and another thing that i don't like about outer worlds is that i'm sure people missed out on it due to name confusion

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Elder Postsman posted:

his sounds not tooooo different from the state KSP1 was back when it was first released and you could give them money for it. it was buggy, ships would randomly fall apart and explode, for a while there wasn't even a mun.

but it also had the novelty of being a something that had never really been done before

yeah based on what i've heard ksp2 is better now than ksp1 was at a similar point in development, but ksp1 isn't at a similar point in development and is in fact a feature-complete game that works correctly

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

quiggy posted:

i thought it was Fine. not good, not bad, an enjoyable enough experience if you want new vegas but worse
iawtp

quiggy posted:

pavarti is a good character
iawtp2

i thought the companions were overall the only thing above average in the game, and even they were a bit of a mixed bag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

I played it till I got an Assault Rifle 2 or whatever and nearly dropped the game. It was a petty thing of me to get pissed off at, but I was just playing with the hope that some build variety shows up at the midpoint. Nope. Just the same guns as you saw in the first five minutes but with higher base stats.

Then I just spite speedran the rest of the game.

It was bad.

And reddit was absolutely all over that game because "Bethesda bad" was at a fever pitch on that site at that time.

A limp RPG system, boring combat, uninteresting characters, and a lame main story.