Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
i think you mean better than we

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i’m fairly sure edge popped up a sidebar today offering me coupon codes when i visited a domain registration site. edge on macos. wtf m8

fwiw i use edge on my work mac almost entirely to join customer teams calls but occassionally i use it as an alt to firefox if some site only works right on chromium

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

git apologist posted:

i’m fairly sure edge popped up a sidebar today offering me coupon codes when i visited a domain registration site. edge on macos. wtf m8

fwiw i use edge on my work mac almost entirely to join customer teams calls but occassionally i use it as an alt to firefox if some site only works right on chromium

it does this on ios too (and i literally only use that for microsoft rewards, because why not? "free" money, and you get more points that way)

they are pretty clearly tracking activity across shopping sites, it's pretty gross

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
isn’t edging a sex thing

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

its when you use dialup to load sites slowly on purpose

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Carthag Tuek posted:

its when you use dialup to load sites slowly on purpose

oooh baby

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

~Coxy posted:

oooh baby

GPRS = Grab Penis, Rub Slowly

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

git apologist posted:

they've had that poo poo in windows pretty much since it launched. at least you can turn it all off

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

infernal machines posted:

they've had that poo poo in windows pretty much since it launched. at least you can turn it all off

perhaps you want to use the default settings though? [yes]/[maybe later]

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

weirdly they don't ask whether you might want to go back to your old settings after that

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
just pure contempt for their users

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

~Coxy posted:

oooh baby

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

our big red boy's still got it

https://twitter.com/DefectorMedia/status/1633484505926504448

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i love that people outside of tech get to experience his joy

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

at least 50 of those views are me just letting this loop for a minute

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

oh the longer clip is great he's so happy about the toilets

https://mobile.twitter.com/BenGolliver/status/1633227791733870593

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/levie/status/1633348888471166976

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

oh the longer clip is great he's so happy about the toilets

https://mobile.twitter.com/BenGolliver/status/1633227791733870593

CLOCKS!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
not the android thread

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

echinopsis posted:

isn’t edging a sex thing

with you everything is a sex thing

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

He is so much better than the rear end in a top hat he replaced.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i think i might love ballmer, what an unexpected turn of events

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
i have no desire to kiss any billionaire on the lips op

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

ballmer is all tongue

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
lmao I didn't recognize him until i watched the longer clip

"why is this loud bald man yelling TOILETS!"?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
he looks like a turtle now lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

the hardhat isn't helping

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

time catches up with us all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgJS2tQPGKQ

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

holy loly

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i bet if ballmer saw the bing up your rear end video he'd believe it was true as well

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it's as true as anything else on the internet, and that's all that matters

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
sometimes I look up at the sky and I see a sign from god that I am the chosen one

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

echinopsis posted:

sometimes I look up at the sky and I see a sign from god that I am the chosen one

Nice

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

the used car salesman of tech ceos

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
figured out how to do the stupid powershell thing I really needed last year but didn't *really* spend too much time figuring out. so that was cool.

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GM4Lt5k24s

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Perplx posted:

the used car salesman of tech ceos

he just needs an orange suit like that “FREE GOVERNMENT MONEY” guy but instead of question marks all over it it’s the windows 3.11-era windows flag

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

lol at the 3 font options for Edge's reader mode

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Hed posted:

he just needs an orange suit like that “FREE GOVERNMENT MONEY” guy but instead of question marks all over it it’s the windows 3.11-era windows flag

please do not compare ballmer to matthew lesko, a person who publishes actual, useful information on government grants and programs for people, even though he may have dressed and acted in a bombastic manner in commercials like those "GROW YOUR NET WORTH IN REAL ESTATE BY PLACING TINY CLASSIFIED ADS IN NEWSPAPERS FOR KNIVES THAT CAN CUT THROUGH AN EXHAUST PIPE" hucksters from the same time period

The_Franz fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Mar 12, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

infernal machines posted:

ballmer is all sweat glands