Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

AARD VARKMAN posted:

the arbys that gave me the sandwich with flies has closed down permanently :rip:

i suspect you were not the only person to receive supplemental protein with your order.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i copped some Arby's and Horsey sauce at the grocery store.

over the years i have never found a way to make deli roast beef taste right though :sigh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

AARD VARKMAN posted:

i copped some Arby's and Horsey sauce at the grocery store.

over the years i have never found a way to make deli roast beef taste right though :sigh:

Need to find a place that does it in-house to medium rare and slices to order, then it will withstand heating at home. I've always been horrified by supermarket roast beef.

----------------

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit

AARD VARKMAN posted:

the arbys that gave me the sandwich with flies has closed down permanently :rip:

they no longer have the special meats

----------------

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

slurm posted:

they no longer have the special meats

mmm special meats
i read somewhere a while back that they had an lto duck sandwich. did anyone try that?

----------------

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

The garlic ribeye sandwich was a’ight. Kinda chewy.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

it was kinda chewy

Another day in the life of Randabis...

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

You want real chewy ribeye, run on over to Carl's Jr and get the Philly Cheesesteak Thickburger, yet another in the endless line of special items that make both burgers and ribeye worse by combining them into one sandwich. But this time with Cheese Wiz!

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

I learned quite a bit reading this entire thread. A genuine thank you to all goon participants. My $.02:

gently caress Arby's for axing the potato cakes. They were amazing.

The only items I will order at Arby's are the chicken cheddar ranch sando (sloppy but super flavorful), the jalapeno poppers (didn't even know about the bronco berry stuff - thanks again - will try), the fish sando, and any gyro (especially Greek but beef or turkey are pretty good as well.

The prices are pretty outrageous but those items are good and, for now, worth it.

I live in a small town with only Arby's, McDs, DQ, and taco hell as the ff options so limited choices. Oh well.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I just realized that garlic ribeye sandwich was somehow still on the menu so I grabbed one for lunch today. I like that weird little thing for some reason, I wish they'd just keep it permanently.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Threw some Arbys sauce on a French dip with no cheese, can’t stand Swiss, not as good as I was hoping

----------------

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

a sexual elk posted:

Threw some Arbys sauce on a French dip with no cheese, can’t stand Swiss, not as good as I was hoping

Needed to be Horsey sauce, not Arby's sauce.

----------------

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
got an arby's yesterday since the one by my pharmacy finally reopened

pretty good

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
They closed the one by me but I can still buy thier curly fries in the grocery store

It's just not the same

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Went there today craving some jalapeno bites, ordered them, and found out afterwards they'd given me mozzarella sticks instead. I guess asking for bronco berry sauce at the window wasn't enough of a tipoff that something was wrong.

PS: Turns out that bronco berry sauce isn't a secret delicious flavor combo with mozz sticks :sigh:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

PS: Turns out that bronco berry sauce isn't a secret delicious flavor combo with mozz sticks :sigh:

Nah man u gota pair it with something spicy to offset the sweet, try that next time imo

----------------

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
beef and cheddar, dip your mozz in the cheddar

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
:hmmyes:

----------------

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
imo Arbys should be the dominant fast food chain in the land but someone somewhere, or a group of people, is/are massively loving up because how do you gently caress up the business model of "lots of meat between bread, quickly"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I would say it goes all the way back to the Raffel brothers getting cutesy with how they named their restaurant venture. Just imagine where the chain would be today if they'd called it BEEF BROS right from the start.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
local arby's FINALLY has online ordering, gonna be ridin the horsey more than ever

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Took mine forever too. They don't seem to let you pickup at the drive thru they ask you to go inside which is kind of annoying.

Coupons are decent though. They got a 2 for 7 dollars that stacks with a 3 dollar off 10 bucks app c coupon so you can get 2 for 7, add in a side or dessert and get it for like 7 to 8 bucks and enough food for 2 people. Not terrible.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

You know what else 'Has the Meats'? The Imp Zone Wrestling Federation. "Right Kind of RAM" starts in just 45 minutes.

Tune in at: https://www.twitch.tv/ritoru_demon

And unlike Arby's, these beefs are real.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Plebian Parasite posted:

You know what else 'Has the Meats'? The Imp Zone Wrestling Federation. "Right Kind of RAM" starts in just 45 minutes.

Tune in at: https://www.twitch.tv/ritoru_demon

And unlike Arby's, these beefs are real.

Lol thank you. Your check is in the mail

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Finally got around to trying the sweet heat beef & brisket sandwich. It was a bit mixed. The base was fine, but I'm not sure about the sauce - aside from horseradish, I don't think spicy sauces are my thing with their sandwiches. It just felt like it would be better going back to barbecue sauce, especially with the pickles on there.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Too many places in general these days are putting pickles on sandwiches that don't require them or aren't enhanced by them. I never ask to remove them so I'm always disappointed when they negatively impact the flavor

----------------

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i got no beef with pickles generally but fast food ones tend to be wretched slimy things. not into it.

----------------

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

uber_stoat posted:

i got no beef with pickles generally but fast food ones tend to be wretched slimy things. not into it.

Same. Pickles rule.
Not at fast food restaurants though.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Dragging this thread out of cryostorage to throw shade at my local place for not having the country rib sandwich or mozz sticks.
gently caress you, Arby's!! :arghfist:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Yeah the menu is weird now, I could find nothing with hot turkey on there which is what I was in the mood for when I pulled in. I like the brisket but it wasn't what I was in the mood for.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
You learned a valuable lesson.

Pull in.

Then pull out :quagmire:

eightysixed fucked around with this message at 19:49 on May 9, 2023

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

One more try to get the country rib sandwich today, still nope. I don't think it actually exists.

So I grabbed the next random limited time item on the menu, the Americana roast beef. And that one's just weird: lettuce/tomato/onion/American cheese/Big Mac sauce, on a sesame bun. Pretending their roast beef is a burger just doesn't really work for me, especially because all the cold ingredients don't even give the beef a fighting chance to stay warm while you eat it. This one's a fail.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Supposedly if you buy the burger this week through the app you'll get a coupon for another free burger or sandwich valid for 14 days

Been wanting to try their burg I missed it last time it was available.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

dang i just went to check the burg on the website and arbys combos default to the crinkle fries now and you gotta pay a $2.89 upcharge for curly fries

loving blasphemous

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
lol whut

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You gotta pay me $2.89 to eat the crinkle fries, Arby's, get it right :rolleyes:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
pay me and then i ditch them in a bush.

----------------

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Chief McHeath posted:

dang i just went to check the burg on the website and arbys combos default to the crinkle fries now and you gotta pay a $2.89 upcharge for curly fries

loving blasphemous

I just checked this. Not true, at least for me. It shows that the side is adding 2.89 to the combo price. Switching to curly fries doesn't change the price at all.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

The burg was... Mediocre. It did add a coupon 6o my page for a free sammich if I buy something at menu price though so I guess it was worth trying.

... Lol the coupon is for ANY sandwich on the menu for free with any purchase... Like you could buy a drink and a half pound roast beef and the giant sandwich is free :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Nostradingus posted:

I just checked this. Not true, at least for me. It shows that the side is adding 2.89 to the combo price. Switching to curly fries doesn't change the price at all.

oh dang i was at work and there isn’t an arbys nearby anyway so probably just looked too fast

Arby’s shouldn’t have crinkle fries anyway imo