Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

ACK! My Tits!

GEEP! My Balls!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

infernal machines posted:

check this out. see how everything is clearly identified, identifiable, and differentiated?

do you think this technology was lost to time?

RETVRN

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

check this out. see how everything is clearly identified, identifiable, and differentiated?

do you think this technology was lost to time?

it's beautiful

i've got my blue & white powermac g3 still going on 9.2 and it always feels so snappy and quick because there's none of these stupid transition animations and hover fade in stuff. well until i try to actually do anything with it, then it's slow as poo poo

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Antlerhill posted:

I'm the sky pirate ship clearly sailing backwards

🎶 any way the wind blows 🎶

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Elder Postsman posted:

it's beautiful

i've got my blue & white powermac g3 still going on 9.2 and it always feels so snappy and quick because there's none of these stupid transition animations and hover fade in stuff. well until i try to actually do anything with it, then it's slow as poo poo

i got a g4 tower from chris knight that's completely kitted out. he put an ssd in it and os9 just loving flies, it's wild.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

And why do the scroll bars auto hide themselves? If I open a 200 page pdf and want to quickly jump to about 3/4 of the way through, what is the interaction apple intends for me to perform? Because manually scrolling through 150 pages and hovering around the edge until the bar pops up are both equally dumb.

seconded, motion passes. apple, fix your dumb poo poo

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

also im the peepin sphinx

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

:sickos:

Tickets go on sale this Friday 9am, see if I can snag a couple for October 10

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
jealous

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVkmC1CrpQM

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Hell yeah

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i really love this video

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Aah Zuck the design for the Metaverse was right there and you bottled it.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
ah man most of the graphics are missing from the archived version (i'm guessing that's from around 98-99) :smith:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Beeftweeter posted:

ah man most of the graphics are missing from the archived version (i'm guessing that's from around 98-99) :smith:

Archive.org has a double iso of what I think is the software

https://archive.org/details/the-official-ms.-metaverse-judge-handbook-disc-2

if you want to mount it up in a Win98 Vmachine

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Archive.org has a double iso of what I think is the software

https://archive.org/details/the-official-ms.-metaverse-judge-handbook-disc-2

if you want to mount it up in a Win98 Vmachine

ah no need if you just wanna look at the graphics https://ia804508.us.archive.org/vie...%20Disc%201.iso (disc 1)
https://ia904508.us.archive.org/vie...%20Disc%202.iso (disc 2)

...no wonder it's two cds though, they're all bitmaps and RLE AVIs lol

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Sagebrush posted:

And why do the scroll bars auto hide themselves? If I open a 200 page pdf and want to quickly jump to about 3/4 of the way through, what is the interaction apple intends for me to perform? Because manually scrolling through 150 pages and hovering around the edge until the bar pops up are both equally dumb.

You use the Home/End and PgUp/PgDwn buttons like an adult.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
god pdfs are loving awful to use

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
pdfs are about as good and relevant as flash

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Nuts and Gum posted:

You use the Home/End and PgUp/PgDwn buttons like an adult.

amen

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/79tgK68.mp4

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Beeftweeter posted:

ah no need if you just wanna look at the graphics https://ia804508.us.archive.org/vie...%20Disc%201.iso (disc 1)
https://ia904508.us.archive.org/vie...%20Disc%202.iso (disc 2)

...no wonder it's two cds though, they're all bitmaps and RLE AVIs lol

compression is expensive dude

it was 1995

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

it was 1995

storage wasn't?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

not on a cd-rom

you don't have to install that poo poo, you just load it as needed. still takes forever, but it's practical to do on a 386

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

it was 1995

i remember downloading a jpeg when i was a kid that was so big my computer didnt have enough ram to open it lmao. those were the days

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

akadajet posted:

I'm the parasite growing out of the dog's head.

The Labs Of Us

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Corla Plankun posted:

i remember downloading a jpeg when i was a kid that was so big my computer didnt have enough ram to open it lmao. those were the days

it was boobs, right?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
ruining threads and crashing browsers with tall.jpg :allears:

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

it was boobs, right?

no it was ur mom

mystes
May 31, 2006

must have been a JPEG XL file

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

it was boobs, right?

of course it was! it was a huge pic of sandra bullock and i cant remember if it was a fake nude or just a rly hot irl photo

i didnt know how anything worked (and maybe browsers couldn't do jpeg at the time? no idea) so i was trying to open it in corel paint. later on i got caught looking at something equally scandalous because i closed corel paint but it took too drat long to actually quit. busted...

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

canyoneer posted:

The Labs Of Us

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
https://twitter.com/i/status/1641287359906938881

:piaa:

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

well now its not frozen

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Corla Plankun posted:

I have a really neat Windows 95 Toshiba laptop, and after I finally found (through sheer luck) the little cable adapter to get it on-line on the Internet, I found that the memory was too small to load any web-site with graphics at all.

(Did I get a virus or something because I went on ~2008 Internet with a Windows 95 computer? Who the gently caress cares!)

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I have a really neat Windows 95 Toshiba laptop, and after I finally found (through sheer luck) the little cable adapter to get it on-line on the Internet, I found that the memory was too small to load any web-site with graphics at all.

(Did I get a virus or something because I went on ~2008 Internet with a Windows 95 computer? Who the gently caress cares!)

3D Megadoodoo’s laptop did 9/11

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Corla Plankun posted:

of course it was! it was a huge pic of sandra bullock and i cant remember if it was a fake nude or just a rly hot irl photo
busted...
well i'm glad it ended well for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

dang, already got PWEI booked for the 20th